What do you guys think of the new MMPR comic?

What do you guys think of the new MMPR comic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkmXNGecUE4
youtube.com/watch?v=U6ywqx5f5Q0
youtube.com/watch?v=QL_6heyrtTw
youtube.com/watch?v=BO0oTTl4g88
youtube.com/watch?v=5kSJFP_xBr8
youtu.be/QhstyHwFpS0
cheatsheet.com/entertainment/power-rangers-reboot-everything-we-know-and-dont-know.html/?a=viewall
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh wow they actually went with the Black-Black/Yellow-Asian cast.

Because that's the cast of the show. It's an adaption of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

It's neat.
Nice little nostalgia trip that fulfills my desire for a more arc based Power Rangers revival.
Super weird to see how they all have smart phones though.

It would have been hilarious if they made the Red Ranger a Native American, just to complete the "skin color = costume color" trifecta.

Tommy (the Green Ranger) is of Native American ancestry, and became the Red Ranger later on.

Did they fix the monster designs from the first issue? Having them fight pacific rim monsters sucked dick

It's the cast the show dumped the first chance they got.

Can someone story time the newest one?

Is that official, or is that some shit from the older comics? I don't remember that from the show. In the show, Tommy was a jp-wannabe lite.

Looks better than the movie. Is Rita in this one?

Saban was such a hilarious racist.

It's from the show, mang. They even have an episode where Tommy (I think he was the White Ranger at the time) goes to an Indian reservation to meet his brother.

Nigga they had an episode in Zeo dedicated to the rangers (turned into children) reconnecting with their ancestry

See, THAT'S the problem. I skip shitty eps. Characters into kids in live action shows equal "Wow...let me go see if there's some weeds in the yard I need to pull..."

The actors were dumped because they wanted more money, not the race thing.

Just curious, did you skip the entire "Rangers become kids and get replaced by alien fishmen" season?

I didnt

I wish it had good fight scenes.

Alas, these are western artists we're talking about.

Yes

Fuck it, may as well share these here.

Remember those really cool PR animated fan shorts made by that one guy a few years ago?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkmXNGecUE4
youtube.com/watch?v=U6ywqx5f5Q0
youtube.com/watch?v=QL_6heyrtTw
youtube.com/watch?v=BO0oTTl4g88
youtube.com/watch?v=5kSJFP_xBr8

Disappointed green ranger isn't a girl.

>Yellow has a skirt
As it should be

shouldn't billy be the rainbow ranger

>I skip shitty eps.
Well that's not something you have any control over now is it? If you don't watch it you don't know if it's shit.

He's a living embodiment of the money-grubbing Jew stereotype. What do you expect?

youtu.be/QhstyHwFpS0

Yeah I saw that documentary. I also read how he threw Shuki Levy under the bus despite years of working together.

I honestly have zero respect for Saban and PR. He even fired Zordon's actor on his birthday and didn't do shit when Billy's actor was being gay-bashed by the crew.

Never heard of a documentary, I only know that a lot of Rangers distanced themselves from it afterwards and Tommy was a dick.

The rest of this is bad, but there's nothing wrong with gay-bashing.

>I also read how he threw Shuki Levy under the bus despite years of working together.

That's how it goes in business world; everyone is your friend until you feel (not know, feel) like they're becoming a threat, competition or liability to you.

It's weird. But in a good way.

They didn't get rid of the Asian girl she legit died

Years after she quit.

Seven, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not big on how they're portraying Jason, he's kind of a douche.

Well I've been living with wrong info for a long time then

Left in 1994
Died in 2001 (there was an episode of Time Force dedicated in her memory)

I'm having a hard time getting into it and I really can't explain why.

REEEEEEE

I still don't like em

Fucking really?!?!

This is the ugliest thing I've seen in a long time.
That's fanart, right?

It is entirely 120% real. And here's "Rita Repulsa".

You're fucking with me. I just know it.

He isn't.

It's real, hombre

What the actual fuck?

Here's a randomly picked link from a google search.

cheatsheet.com/entertainment/power-rangers-reboot-everything-we-know-and-dont-know.html/?a=viewall

Are those the new kuuga forms?
I didn't even know kuuga was getting remade

The nejirangers don't even look close to Kuuga

This is an excellent Tarkheena but terrible Rita Repulsa.

How's everyone enjoying furry sentai?

Is real good, 29/23
Lion a best

It's the cast from our childhood, fuck em if they think that people don't remember and want things to happen in that particular world.

Can't wait to learn more about Leo's backstory.
I'm upset the Amu episode didn't really tell us anything new about her

This has to be the shittiest morpher i have ever seen. And what's up with their damn clothes?!

They're animal people from another world

They're from animal land

Is the Asian guy Red or Black?

Black

>They're basically reverse Furries

Yeah it's great.
Their tails let them know when bad guys are around. It's cute.

Man, Yamato is really my favorite red in a long time.

It helps that he's nothing like Takaharu, Right or King, who were all mostly the same character

And this, folks, is why i only watch Kamen Rider.

Enjoy Ghost then

>I hate having fun so I'm going to watch Ghost

I bet you don't even watch Rider

Did anyone but me read the Hamilton Comics version they released in the 90's? It was spectacularly stupid but also amazing. Especially this issue. Kimberly is grounded and Zordon explicitly forbids the rangers from sneaking her out of her stepdad's house so that she can fight the monster of the week. It turns out that Zordon is really hardcore into traditional family values. Then it turns out that they need her because the monster of the week is a cowboy and so his natural weakness is Indians, which translates to being shot with Kimberly's power bow.

Also in that issue, Aisha is trapped in an existentialist nightmare and manages to defeat Lord Zedd because she knows more about Albert Camus than he does.

I feel like I need to read these comics now.
That guy doesn't even look like a monster they'd fight.

I think I have it somewhere. Maybe I'll scan it one day and we can have storytime.

Does it have nipples pocking through fabric? This is a deal breaker.

I vaguely remember flipping through an issue at Wal-Mart when I was a little kid. The monster(s) of the issue killed the ranger, or at least that is how the episode ended. Where the remaining rangers thought that the person was dead.

that sounds like a silver age comic

Red's going to have a suit malfunction and become the new Lord Zedd, right?

HMMM

jesus christ, please let rita BE the green ranger. I want to see all the butthurt Tommy fags complain about it.

>Your children's show is too childish!
>I only watch mature children's shows!
I shouldn't expect anything else from Sup Forums, should I?

Which is funny because both series are on the same level of "maturity" if you go by recent series.

Shit, looking back at it, her costume does have some vague traces of the new Rangers' suits...
Maybe she used to be a Green Ranger until she rebelled against Zordon?

Would be an interesting twist.

I hope so, the actor that played Tommy is a large asshole in real life.

I got to meet and workout with him years ago due to a friend of a friend who is semi-big in MMA. Tommy was this brooding asshole who didn't want to talk to anyone. When he did talk, it was all about Christ, if we watched his fights, and if we were power ranger fans growing up.

Giant combining transforming robots, or a fucking regular-sized motorcycle? What a difficult choice.

>Tommy is a large asshole in real life
Didn't he used to bully the actor that played Billy or was that someone else?

Remember, Ghost introduced and then quickly forgot about it's large mecha-reptile thing.

You're right, it was him.

>Zach and Trini disliked Tommy
>Jason was neutral
>Kim was a slut
>Billy was confused about being gay, didn't help matters

That fucking thing is one of the reasons I didn't bother with Ghost. It just screamed reused prop from another cancelled project

I feel so stupid because I literally have no idea what's going on in Ghost

I haven't been too fond of Ghost. It reminds me of Gaim, but poorly done.

>multiple riders
>lost friend, fights MC becomes ally
>villain gains rider abilities, fights MC and friend, becomes ally
>villain plot hasn't been explained at all. Something Something evil elemental based slabs
>why did my Father die?
>opening plot with Alain gather eyecons was quickly resolved/dropped

could be, considering it is a reboot. websites should just premtively make their "why/how the new power rangers movie is raping your childhood" articles because of it. its not out of the question, people just assume tommy will be in it.

if he is id assume he'd be in the 2nd movie (assuming it gets made) after rita loses the power and the rangers hold the green rangers power at the end of the movie (get a load of this shit story i made up).

But the fact that would be the green ranger instead of tommy at one point would inevitable bring a wave of butthurt that would be glorious.

well when you can get away with being an asshole and still have a legion of fans because of your role as the most popular power ranger(s), im sure a lot of peoples egos would get to them. never met the dude. probably wont

It's so heartbreaking to find out that the people you look up to can end up being huge assholes.

>villain gains rider abilities, fights MC and friend, becomes ally
For one of the most ridiculous reasons

>villain plot hasn't been explained at all. Something Something evil elemental based slabs
31 episodes in too.

Alain becomes a rider, as why not have an evil one? Oh wait, he isn't evil. Simply misguided.

Normal seasons run around 40+ episodes. So we need more plot develop or Ghost will end up being more than a shitty toy pusher only.

Let me expand on why he was an asshole. When talking about Power Rangers. The other cast members didn't exist to him. Everything was over him and the series should have been called Mighty Morphing Tommy Rangers. He's ego was that bad. This was after Dino Thunder as well. He made more than a few comments, some racists, over the black actor in the show.

The Asian is black ranger so the black guy is the blue ranger

Sometimes it seems like the goal is to make the transformation as inconvenient as possible.

>some racists, over the black actor in the show.

Like what? I'm actually curious

>hating on their transformation sequences and rubix cubes

You're trash
They have one of my favorite role calls