Can it be done? Can kong beardo do this correctly or is it already doomed?

Can it be done? Can kong beardo do this correctly or is it already doomed?

Im cautiously excited.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PxbjI9wSYpw
youtube.com/watch?v=Oy11sJfbnmQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Le modern 80s action movie

>says Kong: Skull Island director
lmao is that who is directing? He obviously thought a lot more of his shit movie than anybody else did

The only way it could be good is if you took out all of the cringey pseudo-philosophical shit that weebs thought made it good. It would just be a Bay flick if you did that though.

if it's MGS1, it'll be more like MI meets the Matrix

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WVstq_DYYk

This would be ok as a movie. user is right, get rid of that extra crap, and leave it as a action political spy thriller.

Who is playing snake? It will make or ruin it.

that headline kind of contradicts itself in that the statement is coming from the director who fucking butchered king kong

>First

If they did a Venom film focused purely on the Revenge and Moby Dick allusions, full of wartime horror mixed with those 80s popsongs used in the game trailers, it could be fantastic. Even with hammy acting it could still be pulled off emotionally.

Imagine some scene of Venom standing over dead child soldiers with Elegia playing?

>movie based on game
>flops
>remake
>flops
>based on anime
>flops
why do they keep doing it?

Tbh, it should have been prime Hayter after Guyver.

Plebs, neck yourselves

Who could recreate the 'damn fiddle' scene without it being cringe?

I mean if you want it to shit itself like Dune, ok.

Who am I kidding, it'll flop either way.

wasnt he based on kurt russell? hes too old now for yung snek though..maybe idris elba?

faggot numale

No.

>trying to squeeze metal ger story in a movie

What a hack. It should be done as a miniseries, 8 to 10 episodes. Directed by Fukunaga.

Dune's problem was Jodorowsky's ideas where outrageously expensive, from actors to aesthetics.

Having an actual MGS story based on the game's take on morality/ideology is nothing like Dune.
Just look at how awful the ghost in the Shell movie was regarding narrative, and that's because they stripped everything that made it what it is, instead of being just a generic sci fi.

Nothing would have saved GitS

So they're using the new Star Wars approach, "everything else sucked so this will be automatically better".

Mortal Kombat will never be topped.

>MGS being a movie
The whole thing is way too long to be a movie even if the movie will be 4 hours
The question is whether it's going to be a general MGS universe movie or just the one based on the first MGS

In an ideal world, MGS can be a series because that way, you can fit more source material
Even then, you can only have a niche audience because turning it into a "Hollywood" type thing will demolish any nuance that the series has

>>says Kong: Skull Island director
I stopped reading right there, desu

>Mortal Kombat will never be topped.

So far this, but people would argue Silent Hill.

the cutscene movies on YouTube are pure kino

>Kong director
>can it be done?
>KONG DIRECTOR

No, it cannot and Skull Island was fucking garbage cliche trite shit.

The visuals where spot on.

MGS is already a shitty movie.

>west handling Japanese IP

it's gonna be dumbed down pleb shit

Why not just let Kojima direct, the guy is a huge westaboo and clearly wants to make action movies and not games.

Metal Gear Solid is fucking awful. It has some of the most moronic action scenes I've ever seen in anything, and the characters can't ever shut the fuck up with their cringey dialogue that's constantly just pleading with you to think it's deep.

The only person who I can think of who could actually pull it off is prime Clint Eastwood. Unfortunately he is way to old. anybody even come close who's young enough?

Metal Gear is a classic case of a story that only works because it's a game.

It's been basically a campy B action movie since MG2 so why not?

This, the games are pretty good with all the shenanigans, but the story is fan fiction tier.

The only way I can think people would really enjoy it is if you go over the top like the resident evil movies or the expendables.

That picture looks a lot like Christian Bale, who i don't think looks like Big Boss

Almost everything that makes MGS good is done through codecs, monologues, or shit that goes on for fucking ever and won't translate to a well paced big screen movie. Oh and all that fourth wall and DUMB Kojima shit humor.

Yes. Only if they say fuck the teen demographic. That is why the majority of vida flims are shit, the assumption is low buget, name and the fans will watch it, if it fails the dvds/blurays/streaming will recoup loses.

Idris Elba

Seems redundant to me. Metal Gear is a weird, unique cocktail but the most interesting and original parts of its story stem from Kojima's quirks and the way the story works as a video game. And there isn't a smooth way to transfer that to a 90 minute Hollywood film. At best, we'll get a heavy-handedly tongue-in-cheek Escape from New York Lite.

It's an even more pointless movie premise than most video game adaptations.

He could pull it off.

>ca. 2001

Truly a master

That faggot of a director would probably turn it into a Anti Russia film, you just know it.

Isn't he the guy who flipped out on an airplane because the guy sitting next to him was a Trump supporter and then spent the whole flight tweeting about it?

>is it already doomed?
The games have been movies since MGS1. There's really no point.

Konami whoring out the IP is just a sign that the franchise is dead dead dead

Is this a Sup Forums meme I don't know about? I don't come here that often.

I think it could be good if they just stripped back some of the convoluted character shit.

>put your controller on the floor

>Snake, you have to kill Seth Rich, that is your number one objective

Kurt will probably be BB if they do the 2 original MSX games or 4. He can also be Solidus

Make it just be an animated/live action version of the interactive visual novel and it would work well.

>Chrstian Bale is actually a huge MGS nerd

youtube.com/watch?v=PxbjI9wSYpw

Each entry could easily make a great action film and the good thing about them is they get better each time because the characters get built upon better and the story gets more interesting up until MGS 4 which would be a good place to end it. It could definitely be great.

It was a different time.

>same story
>with less interactivity
why?

as long as russell plays old snek. i wouldnt even be mad if they use cgi to make him young

Kong skull island was one of the worst movies I've ever seen

The reason mgs is so good and stands out is because it's story experience is exclusive to the video game format. Why the fuck don't they just make an original action movie inspired by mgs instead of embarrassing themselves?

>first great video game movie
Pic related isn't even the first great video game movie.

As is the case with most video games.

>tfw I've been proposing a loosely tied together action thriller/horror miniseries based on the Hitman games for years where you rarely see 47 and the episodes are all about high-class shitters getting killed extremely suddenly, and unless you were watching carefully there'd be no hint of him

It could be true silent assassin kino.

Idris Elba

You kinda blew that out of proportion there, son

Wow, hadn't this retard asked the questions like a TMZ paparazzi, he could've get some interesting answers, but the way he phrased the whole thing made Christian feel like a manchild, and he quickly dropped the entire subject.

You have two options:

- Its gearing up to be the perfect movie for MGS and the fans will be happy. After doing some marketing analysis and focus groups, the execs decide to yank the project in order to prevent a flop because normies will (understandably) hate it and not understand it.

- The movie is reduced to generic action shit with the names and settings you love. The movie will > do ok and it won't get a sequel.

Based

The story to MGS is fucking stupid though

If Assassin's Creed could turn out as bad as it did with the director and cast it had they should just give up on video game movies at this point.

it's like they asked a westaboo to write a mexican soap opera about espionage

Oh god, they say that shit every fucking time

exactly so let it get weird

No it won't work out at all. I want you to seriously think about how well a movie where all the characters were so dumb they took the concept of dominant and recessive genes extremely literal would go.

>Changed name: Check!
>Has a beard to hide his semitic features: Check!
>Plays the atheism card: Check

Can only mean one thing, a crypto jew

>Can it be done?

No. There has been no truly great video game movie and there never will be. People should really stop trying to make "great" movies based off video games because they'll fail every time.

I think the biggest thing that stops vidya movies from being good is the studio. There was elements of a good movie in there, I could fucking feel it.

This is why I'm trusting Adi Shankar and whoever else is on the Castlevania Netflix project to do it right. Netflix literally gives no fucks what their content creators do so long as they can make a good profit on it, and Shankar (egotistical twat he may be) seems hell-bent on doing something special with this, already saying it's gonna be the best vidya show out there.

Some of you guys are morons.

A Metal Gear film could work if its based in reality and that a bipedal nuclear tank existed with the terrorists stealing it from the US Government and hold the world at ransom not just by unveiling it and sending a UN shitstorm on the US but they would have to beef up the Metal Gear if it can fire 10 nuclear missiles that's a walking armed country. Throw in Bale as Solid and Liquid Snake along with Daniel Day Lewis as Revolver Ocelot and you have a god-tier film. Explore genetic cloning and use the theme of The Information Age and you can have a kino political spy thriller.

I love the idea of the Illuminati existing but as AI with people receiving nanomachine injections. Its like the Book of Revelation with Big Boss as the Antichrist who is to come.

But you guys are too dull to see the potential.

If this movie is successful you can bet your fern that a year later JJ Abrams will announce a Half Life or Portal film. I fucking hate that guy.

the script is a lie

the source material is never the problem, it's that they never do their stories justice. The fact is, these particular games or shows are thought highly of because they have particularly good stories, the novelty being that you normally don't get that in a game. When studios take these games, they want the audience, but they don't usually want to follow the story because they're either too lazy to make it work or too prideful to just retread the same story people already know. Therefore they'll keep releasing cookie cutter plots with video game texture packs so nerds can nerdgasm over recognizing imagery in the most shallow cash grabs imaginable, and then wonder why they didn't do well and assume "video game movies just don't work."

MAYBE ONCE ACTUALLY FOLLOW THE PLOT PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE, MAYBE TAKING THE UNIVERSE AND WRITING YOUR OWN STORY IN IT WILL COME OFF AS FANFICTION TO FANS AND ISN'T GOING TO BE AS GOOD AS A CULT CLASSIC STORY EVERYONE LIKES SO MUCH THEY WANT A MOVIE MADE OUT OF IT IN THE FIRST PLACE

Kong Skull Island was retarded schlock but it was the most enjoyable movie I've seen in a while. No ambiguity, no baseless sequel hook, just an entertaining movie with a happy, concrete ending. It was thoroughly entertaining and kept me entertained throughout, which can't be said of most shit these days.

The guy has a lot of love for the MGS franchise, so I could definitely see it playing out well, especially if they just do a trimmed down version The Shadow Moses incident or something.

The again, Duncan Jones said the same shit about Warcraft and had a much better pedigree than this guy, and that movie ended up like garbage.

youtube.com/watch?v=Oy11sJfbnmQ

The director is really into the series and wants to do it justice.

That nigg already has Half Life and Portal shit lined up, fuck you on?

hes a huge jew
youre gonna see the Boss getting BLACKED and Liquid Snake will be black because race doesnt exist

That's why I mentioned them. If Metal Gear is a success JJ will fast track those Valve films. THE FUCK YOU ON????

came to post this, anyone who doesnt love this movie clearly does not understand its nuances and should just stick to watching anime and cartoons

Yep, he's a total fag.

I cringe when I see people cast anyone besides Bale as Solid Snake. Why? Because as Solid he can do a legit American snake voice but as Fucking Liquid seeing him with long blonde hair using the Queens English will make Solid look god based. Then as Solidus have him look like he is in his 60s with a very commanding voice and slimmer than his older brothers but put him in a realistic exoskeleton suit with artificial muscles and you will see a fucking monster who is able to wield his katanas then show him in the 80s as a teenager who looks like a fucking monster of a man then you have something special. So I would give Solidus and Big Boss their own looks a more square chin and normal nose as Solid and Liquid are not perfect clones so have differences in all Bales and based Metal Gear.

Sharlto Copley as Otacon and Daniel Day Lewis as Ocelot 80s and older = God based casting.

I always imagined Frank Jaeger as a white South Afrikaan played by Paul Bettany.

Snake Eater can use CGI for a twenty year old Lewis as Ocelot, but fuck that white hair off. Either brown or natural blonde.

Jared Leto as Raiden keep the brown hair but he would just work well.

Mads Mikkelson

If they just made it operator kino like sicario it could be really cool. I think just make its own individual story apart from the games and not in the same universe.

You're no fun.

Video games are inherently unadaptable and any attempt to turn one into a film is destined to be shit.

>Nothing would have saved GitS

A better script would've saved it.
They just took random elements from all the other GitS properties and smooshed them all together until it became unmanageable gibberish, and totally ruined the Major's backstory.

If they'd started simple, like just doing a truncated version of 2nd Gig with just the Kuze/Individual Eleven storyline, it would've been great.

Oshii was at least smart enough to know you don't need to bother with complex origin stories for the Major's character, it's more interesting to draw that out over time with characterisation. Hollywood screenwriters are just total shit at character writing these days.

GROW A BEARD LOOSE AN EYE, I COULD WORK WITH IT

Nah. MGS was great because of all the subtle things, all the little detail that Kojima puts in. They won't make it in the movie. If you remove all the extra detail from an MGS story, those stories become sort of bland. Maybe MGS3 would work, it's a good story for a movie.

Where would you start tho?

MGS3 w/the same campiness that made it great directed by tarantino would be my personal pick senpai

I just hope they start chronologically and start at Snake Eater.

Also, if Cate Blanchett is not cast as The Boss, it's a fucking tragedy.

>guy next to me has different political beliefs!
>I'll do my best to ruin his day, what a giant faggot he is!
Are all Americans insane or is it just this one?

*unless it's Mortal Kombat and is only done once

>MGS3 w/the same campiness that made it great directed by tarantino would be my personal pick senpai

this is like asking for a Shadow of the Colossus movie with Michael Bay at the helm.

Mortal Kombat so far is the only exception. Though even it could have had better cyrographed fights