Rumor: Marvel considering adding Kingpin in Spider-Man: Homecoming

>Recently, Agents of SHIELD actress, Chloe Bennet expressed her frustrations on Marvel Studios not following through with their Cinematic Universe thing. While the movies all give each other high-fives, and swap characters, and what not, they seem to ignore their TV shows entirely. Hell, even the shows acknowledge the movies. But it seems like a one-way street.

>Well, it looks like Marvel may have listened to their television star, and is starting to buck up. According to a source close to the situation:

>“Marvel Studios is considering having Vincent D’Onofrio reprise his Wilson Fisk role from Daredevil in Spider-Man: Homecoming.”

screengeek.net/2016/05/19/marvel-considering-adding-kingpin-to-spider-man-homecoming/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Oq8kPo3tyGY
youtube.com/watch?v=4cR6Xa6fEAg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think it would be good if Spider man's initial enemies are the street level enemies.
Wilson Fiskerton as the main boss to take down but also include goons like Hammerhead, Tombstone, Shocker etc.
Just don't have Goblin again please.

They'd be stupid not to use him - he's proven himself, it's free branding, it brings Spiderman further into the MCU and not many people with that build have those acting chops.

But they won't use him.

>using a non-canon character in the movies

Well, I honestly don't blame them. The shows are all street level stuff, they don't have impact on the things that the avengers do.

Harry is bets friend of Peter, the Goblin could be a cool villain if they avoid the Power Rangers shitcostume and make menacing.

Would be pretty based, but curious to see how they handle the Fisk we know being in a much more family friendy story.

Nice to know that the Netflix stuff may be canon even if AoS isn't.

There has been a Green Goblin in four of the five recent live action Spiderman movies, and the first time over it was a pretty great interpretation of him.

Nomran/Harry COULD be crucial characters, but we really need to shine a light on more villains.

Oh my god please, he's the best villain they've got so far, and probably the most captivating performance of the entire MCU

I doubt he'll play into the story much. But if he did, Spidey needs to be making fat jokes. A lot of fat jokes.

Problem.
How will they explain him getting out of jail before the film comes out?

We aren't getting a Daredevil season before this film hits.

Are you people fucking retarded? I don't believe the plot leak was real, but at least it got the tone they're going for right.

Kingpin? How would they use him? The guy is in prison, by the way. He wouldn't fit in that movie at all. This is a stupid as fuck rumor.

Yeah, AoS adds absolutely nothing, in fact with the whole Coulson thing, it actually diminishes the MCU.

The Netflix shows are better than half there films, and are a better fit tonally

Given how Frank got out of prison, it isn't ridiculous to think that he could leave the building for a few hours at a time.

Is Kingpin gonna show up bashing peoples' heads with car doors in the high school John Hughes-eque movie?
I'm with it.

Exactly, and Marvel doing a "If you want to get why Kingpin is in jail, WATCH DAREDEVIL ON NETFLIX!" would deter a lot of people.

HEY KIDS! Check out Daredevil and Jessica Jones!

I want this to be true but we all know Netflix have made Kingpin to edgy so I cant see him being the same like on Netflix plus it would be nice to see Netflix shows to get the acknowledgement but really no one gives a shit about Agents Of Shield, Marvel should really just put a bullet in that show and be done with it..No One Fucking likes it.

It would be weird to see a PG-13 Kingpin. I doubt he'll be in the movie.

This will not happen anytime soon. Netflix and Marvel Studios kinda have a discord. Which is fucking dumb, why can't Disney interfere and stop that shit?

Whenever he isn't chimping out, Kingpin is soft spoken and well mannered on Daredevil. They could just give him a cameo where he's eating steak and drinking wine and instructs some villain on what to do with Spiderman.

Outside the car door thing, he is pretty PG-13.

Part of the problem with the Green Goblin (and honestly, most Spidey villains and storylines) is that two hours of film really won't capture what made the villain popular in the comics.
Spidey's comics and best storylines weren't one-shot graphic novels you can adapt; they were long-running plots that climaxed in an epic moment that was extremely memorable for everyone reading.
Doc Ock worked in the Raimi films because his storylines generally did just begin with "so Doc Ock comes out of nowhere and starts wrecking shit", but Osborn's excellence as a villain was derived from the buildup associated; you were introduced to the Goblin BEFORE you knew Osborn and him were the same, and then you were introduced to Harry, and THEN the reveal that Harry's dad was Green Goblin leading to Osborn discovering Peter's real identity.
After he first lost his memory, they played with the fact that the Goblin is effectively a mental illness on Osborn's part and always foreshadowed him showing up well in advance around Harry (who was Peter's best friend at the time), leaving Peter with one more thing to worry about as Norman gets more and more unstable and his split personality re-emerges.

Spidey's best storylines are a lot like having sex with a woman; if one party just slams away as fast as possible and then finishes quickly then the other partner is gonna feel pretty unsatisfied and not get the best experience.

I mean he's a Spider-Man villain and he's Vincent fucking D'Onofrio.
It's a completely different situation from AoS.

>Hell, even the shows acknowledge the movies. But it seems like a one-way street.
That's because only a fraction of the people who watch the movies also watch the shows.
This was made painfully clear when the agents of shield cameo in Ultron was met with a resounding "What was that scene even about? Who are they supposed to be?"

Id preffer Matt confronting Peter T B H

>we all know Netflix have made Kingpin to edgy
wat

>agents of shield cameo in Ultron
What? Nothing like that happened.

Are you thinking of the SHIELD agent from Winter Soldier on the helicarrier? About the only "cameo" I can think of, but that's movie to movie.

Please explain.

I wonder if MCU Daredevil can beat MCU Spider-Man.

>I think that Garfield will still make an appearance in this Venom movie, possibly in an attempt to hold on to their cineverse with Sinister Six.

The guy who wrote this article is a fucking idiot.

If it happens it will be because Sony wants the cameo not because of Marvel pushing for it.

He's probably thinking of Feige vs Perlmutter (who's not a Netflix exec, but has decision power over Marvel TV shows).

>AoS actress continues bitching about her show not being acknowledged
>MCU: "OK, we'll acknowledge the shows... The Netflix ones."
mfw

He can't. He's barely stronger than a normie.

D'Onofrio gave Kingpin a presence that would actually look out of sync with your average Marvel movie

Do you remember the reaction at his autistic tics? Can you imagine that on the scale of 100x more including kids? "What is that guy, retarded haha?"

STOP WITH THIS MEME YOU MEMEING FUCK!

>>AoS actress continues bitching about her show not being acknowledged

I'll acknowledge her ass.

They're going to make Kingpin Homer Simpson. No way they would allow DD Kingpin to be competent.

Every time I see a thumbnail of Kingpin, I can't help but think Jim Ross shaved his head and beard

>Marvel uses a cropped part of this photo in a fleeting background shot of magazines in the lockerroom during a Flash Thompson scene
>her ass actually becomes canon

>It's a Wanda has to throw a nude drunken Daisy out of the Avengers base as she rants about how saved the world episode

*better than all their films
FTFY

Not really seeing as Netflix is losing its library fast and I'd basically desperate for more Marvel titles at this point, which is why the approved the Punisher show so fast. The also have nothing to do with Feige vs. Perlmutter.

I'm excited to see them use the Rhino in Homecoming.

And soon we'll have half hour long "Previously in the Marvel Cinematic Universe..." segments at the beginning of every movie.
No thanks.
Though I wouldn't object to Marvel making a YouTube video that sums up the universe/the important bits that relate to an upcoming movie so far before every major/ensemble release

But can he fight a giant robo?

youtube.com/watch?v=Oq8kPo3tyGY

>You know how many *hic* times me and my friends have saved the world? Goddammit, that's gotta *hic* earn at least one good dicking here. So who wants first, Thor, Cap, Tony...hell, I'd even take Banner. Not you though, gremlin-looking arrow dude *hic*.

They already have.

>yfw this scene being in a spider-man movie is a possibility now

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they had Kingpin as the man behind the man.

And they could use the whole: We don't say his name bit from season 1 because he's supposed to be a model prisoner...

>a YouTube video that sums up the important bits that relate to an upcoming movie
I don't know if Marvel will make an official one, but I've been happy with what fandom has been doing:
youtube.com/watch?v=4cR6Xa6fEAg

Is he stretching out Fisk's chest skin?

Yeahhhhhh...the colorist's mistake.

What ass?

well he doesn't have much of a shirt any more, but he's got plenty of flesh. Spidey's gotta heft him up by something.

Okay Sup Forums, does Kingpin work better as a Spider-Man villain or a Daredevil villain?

No it isn't. Peter was legitimately that pissed.

Both.

D’Onofrio already alluded to Marvel having big plans for him. I hope it happens.

Yeah, it's not like he has stick-to-any-surfaces powers or anything.

So what? I think it's more skill and bravery competition.

I love when Peter gets legit like that, no symbiote influence, no mind control...

Never mess with a nice guy

he works best as the final boss of street level new york stuff

You don't really need to have watched DD S1 for the Kingpin to work. He's just a charismatic strongfat mob boss, who cares about his origin story.
It's not like I or most people here even knew who the fuck Kingpin was and why he was at that point in his life the 1st time we saw him in a comic.

You can think that but that's wrong.

Kingpin controlling Norman like in the 90s cartoon?

He's in jail right now though.

When has that stopped Fisk?

But he isn't indestructible one, sure he can take much pain and lift weights, but if you punch him he will feel it like normal being.

So?
Mob bosses operate just fine from jail, sometimes better, and it's not like supervillains evading prison is a novel idea.

>implying he can't walk out whenever he feels like it
if anything they could show him on a tv screen or newspaper being released from prison on Luke Cage this fall

He has super-human durability.
There's no fucking way DD could beat Spidey in the MCU, he's just 2stronk.

Maybe this is to help fix the rift?

Do you even read cape comics?

I would love to see it, because it would be such an incredible contrast
>Fisk in Daredevil is intimidating as fuck, can manhandle even the toughest son of a bitches, and an imposing figure
>Shows up and starts in on his intimidation tactics on Spidey, thinking him just some punk in a costume like DD
>Intimidation completely falls flat as Spidey makes a fat joke

I like this. Of all the films to crossover with the Netflix stuff, Spidey makes most sense because he's on the same turf as them.

If he acts more like he did in season 2, he'll come off as less of an autist.

Spidey has more speed and dodging skill than DD, has more durability and can lift several tons. DD is good, but Spidey is a whole other league.

>Spidey makes a fat joke
Fuck, I'd love to see D'Onofrio play the reaction to that. Huffing and puffing like a fat asshole, it would be pretty funny.
But I kind of expect him to sort of hold his own in a fight against Spidey, despite how little powerlevel sense it makes, just so that he doesn't look like a total bitch.

>Pic related but in a prison

Strong doesn't mean he can't be beaten. Batrock was just fine with Cap in Winter Soldier. He lost because good guys always win in their 5 min demonstration sequences.

Daredevil dodged bullets in final of season 1. Spidey was hit by slow g.Ant-man's hand.
Durability doesn't mean you can't get hit.

Yes, and?

Well, yeah, it'd establish that Pete is still in the early days of his career and can get a little headstrong with his powers.

Or they could even have Kingpin hire someone like Shocker as a bodyguard

>comparing Batroc and Cap to fucking Spider-Man and Daredevil
And no, Batroc was not "just fine with Cap" in TWS, Cap dominated that fight.
Spider-Man is completely out of Daredevil's league.
>Durability doesn't mean you can't get hit.
Durability means you don't need to worry as much about getting hit.
>Daredevil dodged bullets in final of season 1
And you think Spider-Man couldn't?
>blindsided =/= can't dodge

There is diffidence between lifting and holding ,emnine.J

Stop being a retard, DD fanboy.
>Batrock was just fine with Cap in Winter Soldier.
lolno, he got his ass handed to him without even landing a good hit, and Spidey is magnitudes stronger than Cap in terms of raw power, who himself is stronger than DD.

>MUH POWERLEVELS

But Daredevil isn't canon

he's too good for mcu capeshit

I know right? Daredevil fans need to stop with this shit

All those ultimate spider man roast fests of Fisk come to mind

To be honest, I'm fine with Daredevil beating Spidey if the fight is cool enough.

Fuck powerlevels.

I imagine he would be so flabbergasted that he would have no way to properly react

Also I can see Fisk manhandling Spidey in early fights as Spidey still is getting a grasp on his strength and holding back far too much so he doesn't kill anyone, but once he gets a grip he would pull the super ball routine on Fisk

He's not going to stay in there forever.

Well of course, but it would require a tremendous amount of bullshit from Daredevil's part.

Its really cute to see that Frank honestly doesn't want to fight and "hurt" Spidey.

If He's good enough for Dinosaurshit, he's good enough for capeshit.