/got/ general

Team Good Guy Edition

Now that the dust has settled, did he do anything wrong?

He just tried to do right by his kids, even when one of them was the biggest fucking moron of them all.

literally who

Hoster Tully.

Not caught up on recent spoilers, what are the odds that Dany gets BTFO and goes full Mad King villain mode? Will we get the Cleganebowl? Will Sansa actually cheese her way to the top by the end of the series?

>queen Daenerys, I'm king in da norf

Some Tully fucking shit

What was the point of this?

Hoster tried to do what was best.

Unfortunately he was too rash in his decisions. He pushed his brother, the Blackfish away. He cast Pyter out despite being raised at River Run because Lysa's pregnancy and his duel with Brandon. There must have been a better third option here. He also forced his daughter Lysa to abort the child, which probably caused issues with all her stillborns and miscarriages and the sickly Robin Aryn.

He tried. But he just didn't do what was best.

I saw a good documentary a fan made on Dorne in the show. It was like four hours lol.

Basically they never intended to go to Dorne ever, but then they casted an actress they fucking loved as Obyren's paramour. So they wrote Dorne quickly to get her to do things for the show. Sadly they didn't plan the shooting of the scenes through, which leads to a lot of fuck ups athestically. The fight choreographer swears there's nothing wrong with the Dorne fighting. The problem was that they couldn't mount cameras anywhere which meant their shots had to be wide angle and basic.

>He cast Pyter out despite being raised at River Run because Lysa's pregnancy and his duel with Brandon. There must have been a better third option here.

How the fuck is that too rash?

He deflowered a Lord's daughter that was gonna be married off so maidenhead is necessary unless you're in Dorne or ride a lot of horses, knocked her up, and made an outrageous display trying to fight another Lord's heir over the Lord's other daughter.

He didn't do enough to be honest.

No no and no

Do Jon and Danny really fuck in a ship?

Yeah they had just a few hours/minutes of time to shoot the ''water gardens '' because UNESCO of some shit. They should have gone elsewhere.

Yes.

Fuckboat confirmed

SS Jonerys Boatsex

It's a parody of the strong independent woman archetype

which one?

Is that fucking Gendry in the center

Does anyone know what country this picture was taken in? Are we supposed to believe that they landed in the north, or has Jon traveled south to meet them?

Modern day Isaac Hempstead Wright

Dany lands at Dragonstone, Jon goes to meet her in order to convince her to help against the Others. Then they both go beyond the wall to capture a wight.

Country was Spain. and what this user said

Yes.

Rowboat jokes and Gendry inexplicably wielding a large hammer to pander to the audience incoming

bad poosy

You're acting like the rowboat wasn't strength training so that he could wield the hammer

Spain, the scene takes place at Dragonstone which should be just turning to Winter even though the North has had snow for several seasons now

Is this gonna be the new HBO spin off

Some sort of ASOIAF A Team sitcom?

why didn't he just execute LF?

He should have given Cat to Jon Arryn instead of forcing Lysa to abort and giving Arryn spoiled goods. Eddard could have found his own wife after the rebellion. It's not like the north would be in trouble if he died without knocking a wife up before going to war, Benjen stayed at home.

I fucking hate them.
I think the whole point of the story part was to get rid of Marcella so she wouldn't be in the way of the plot. The sisters in the book seemed so minor I was sadly surprised they were in the show. They shoulda just offed marcella and skipped the useless dorne stuff.

Because he was a kid? Because his dad was friends with Hoster? Because he wasn't a riverlander? Because he was practically a son to Hoster?

reminder dragonlords like dany poop obsidian so not only does she think jon is crazy talking about the white walkers she's rather disgusted with him as he's asking her for her dried out excrement

Jon Arryn wanted Lysa because she had proven herself to be fertile and he desperately needed the heir

no, she was basically forced on him
>"You made him take her," she whispered. "Lysa was the price Jon Arryn had to pay for the swords and spears of House Tully."

Why couldn't Theon defend Winterfell after he captured it back in book 2?
Was it Ashas fault?

Cat admits in that same paragraph that Jon wanted a wife who had already been pregnant. Jon didn't love Lysa, but he knew it was a smart match

That's his only benefit out of the situation. There's probably hundreds of other fertile women he could've married, but he had to take a soiled one because it was part of the deal.

Because the people trying to retake the castle knew it just as well as he did, because the Ironborn don't know anything about seigecraft, because he didn't command the respect of his men, and because Ramsey was fucking with him

How is she supposed to prove she's fertile if she's a virgin? Lysa could prove that she was fertile and came with an alliance with a Great House. There were precisely zero other potential brides who came with that many benefits. The only downside was that Lysa was awful, but Jon knew how to make a political decision over a personal one.

I'm just saying that being proven fertile is the only positive he gets out of it, when he'd probably rather not take the marriage unless it was necessary for the alliance, which it was, so he did.

It's a great alliance, though. The alliance is the best part of the marriage. The only other Great Houses he could have married into would have been Lannister (unlikely) and possibly Tyrell (Mace's sisters were likely already married by now). The Riverlands are a wealthy and fertile region which share a long border with the Vale. Lysa is a catch for Jon, with the ONLY downside being that they don't particularly like each other.

>Lysa is a catch for Jon, with the ONLY downside being that they don't particularly like each other.
also being deflowered, which he wouldn't have been happy about
Cat says the arryns are prickly and shit

That's my point, it makes Jon dislike her, but that's it. It isn't publicly known that she wasn't a virgin, so it doesn't reflect poorly on Jon

Yeah, all I was saying is that he wanted the alliance but not the wife, but ofc he had to take one to have the other.

Won't normies be put off when the hero fucks his aunt?

>implying normies will even remember that they're related

I think a lot of them didn't even understand the importance of the reveal scene and what it was actually revealing. After watching it with my dad, he went "damn, so Jon is actually a Baratheon?"

While her being used before marriage isn't something Jon would have been able to get over in his personal life, her pregnancy was kind of a good thing for the alliance. Main branch of house Arryn was dying. His nephew and heir was murdered by the mad kind, and he has spent like 30 years with an infertile woman. Lysa having proven herself to be fertile is actually a bonus.

>expecting normies to know a character who didn't even appear on the show

wow, look at that bear arm, it's actually bigger than jon snow's

>Dude what if we make manderly a coward and Small jon a traitor after we cut him out of early seasons and dont bother with the mountain clans.

Wasn't he still lucid when that council was called and the end of AGoT?
Should've ordered his bed downstairs and talked some sense into everyone.

She's a big girl.

>ywn be Rober Baratheon
>ywn rule the seven kingdoms while pumping the young king's bereaved MILF mother full of your seed

>while pumping the young king's bereaved MILF mother
having trouble deciphering what exactly you meant by this

Lady Stoneheart?

>"As Faulkner says, all of us have the capacity in us for great good and for great evil, for love but also for hate. I wanted to write those kinds of complex character in a fantasy, and not just have all the good people get together to fight the bad guy."

GRRM has only written one good guy and his name is Edmure

I love her so much, the gods are cruel

yea but edmure was also dropped on his head as a baby

There is literally nothing wrong with him.

When did you realize that Emilia was the right choice for the role of Daenerys?

TOO
L
D

oh yeah spaces don't work like that
damn.

before she got fat

too old too ugly too fat too smug too can'tact

>too smug
exactly, perfect for an insane stronk womyn targ

Because ironborn are incompetent retards.

huh, because he had 20 men and enemies both inside and outside?

who /jacelyn bywater/ here?

>Tyrion stooges

But Davos loves Tyrion in S7, why don't you :^)

>thank you for burning my son to death, he was a stannis supporter and no man was more evil than stannis baratheon

Dany lands in dragonstone and jon borrows littlefingers teleporting device to travel to dragonstone

shooped, fucking fatty

You wish kek

Sophie is deep

too cute

thats some depression inducing wardrobe theyre wearing, jesus

who else cheered when Robb Stark died ? I hate chads in real life, especially rich ones, so seeing one get murdered along with his stacy on screen was pretty satisfying.

For Yunkai

i really felt bad for that spunky ass girl with a large peasant, though

sophie actually seemed like a cool person in interviews for earlier seasons.

Now she's basic af.

>Reach is probably close to 200k.
>They had more than 100k in ACOK and they had next to no losses.
>more than 100k AND they were keeping lots in highgarden for defense.
This is wrong. For one, the 100k thing is stuff people talk about Renly's ENTIRE host including Stormlanders but it's also people *not there* making up numbers. For two, when they talk about his host it's Reachman *and* Stormlanders. For three, when talking about what the Reach has mobilized for him they include 10,000 men at Highgarden. For four, Renly him cites that he has 80,000 men in his host.

Dumb idiot.

>Because he was practically a son to Hoster?
really?

the real reason is that littlefinger is the last remaining member of the house of reyne. that's the final redpill my friend.

Implying thats not Tysha.

execute him on what charges? asking someone to a duel? Brandon won, he just had to kill him had he wanted to. LF was just a kid anyway.

for fucking Lysa? She was consenting. Sure some evil lords would just claim he raped her and send him to the wall or something, but Hoster wasn't one of those.

And Lysa loved him. Executing him achieves nothing more than sending him away, AND it create a bridge between him and Lysa. Considering he was about to marry her to a disgusting old man, he might've wanted to keep her in his good graces.

deflowering your daughter is definitely enough to execute some nobody for

Fuck TWoW when is a new motherfucking Dunk&Egg coming out

You're a silly sod, user. He's a greaseball from Braavos, everybody knows that.

"Check out that greasy Braavosi did he steal that suit from Ricardo Montablam from Fantasy Island? Seriously how many baby mamas from Vanier does that guy have?"

None of the character deaths made me feel much, but Winterfell burning at the end of ACoK made me cry like a bitch

>he was about to marry her to a disgusting old man

I'm fucked if I understand why anyone rates Hoster Tully, including members of his immediate family. Practically everything about him suggests he was a useless old bastard.

depends on your idea of what constitutes a chad. seems to me if robb were a chad he'd also have the full chad insufferability which meant everything he attempted turned out to be a massive success

>Practically everything about him suggests he was a useless old bastard.
like what

Literally and completely unironically never, user. GRMM will take another few years to finally get TWoW out, and then will spend another decade or so trying to finish off the series with the last book while simultaneously working on various televised spin-offs. By the time the series will be complete GRRM will be in his eighties and there's really not much chance of very much of anything coming after that, assuming he'll even make it to that point

What did he ever get right?

I liked that seen when he was fucking up that tree with his sword