TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan

Sup Forums is a shithole for babbies

Is Sup Forums excited for Mutants in Manhattan? 4 player co-op action game by platinum
youtube.com/watch?v=lr98n_7kkXY

Looks fun, but what's with the 10 year-old graphics?

Gameplay looks Korra tier.
PG work on the cheap. But the art style fits well enough.

As long as it's more like their Transformers game than their Korra game, it'll be great.

Platinum works with what they're given.

What's with Platinum doing all these cheap licensed games?

>Tfw I have the Korra game and I think it's fun.

You give Platinum money, they shit out a decent to great action game for you.

I'd like it a lot more if the counter window wasn't so ridiculously big. Takes a huge chunk of the challenge out.

It's a multiplat that needs to be able to run at 60 on 360 and PS3

I don't know why people shit on Korra and Transformers. No, they're not full 60 dollar experiences, but they're also not prices that way either. They're perfectly good budget games. Excellent, even.

Platinum has called themselves a "mercenary developer" since day one. When MGR did so well after only a year in development under Platinum other companies (most notably ubisoft and nintendo) took notice.

And on time too.

Modern graphics are so resource intensive to create that they tack a shitload of time and development costs onto a project. Settling for older-looking graphics is usually the only option for lower budget titles.

>on 360 and PS3
Damn, games are still being released for those?

Korra just felt super low budget even for them. At least Transformers played damn well, looked good, amazing combat music, and had actual interesting mechanics (great combination of traversal and combat, good aiming in the context of a character action game, even the loor was kinda fun (though clearly unbalanced))

There were games being released on ps2 almost up until the day of the ps4.

>Donnie: "You should see my test scores!"

>misheard as: "You should see my testicles!"

I had to replay that part.

Transformers was not fucking worth the 50 dollars at launch it's worth 30

Bayonetta 2 was launched at 50 and had tons more content

Transformers was good, just not worth full price. Korra wasn't good at all though. It played like a bargain bin game.

I got the Korra game and didn't really enjoy it, but I'll probably rent this if it ends up on Redbox, or buy it when it's on some kind of clearance sale. Otherwise, nah I'm good familia.

Not liking the retarded ninjutsu why not have them be more crazy attacks and gadgets rather then Leo doing lighting and Donnie summoning a stand

I can say tier looks like
Leo freeze time and action raiden shit
Donnie defense and puzzle solving

Raph fun but too much buff and stat moves to do the same thing

Mikey ranged looks weak and for spamming shurikens might get annoying

You so know everyone has shurikens and besides their combo attacks and one unique special the rest can be switch between the turtles think of ninjutsu as weapons in transformers devestation

>Sup Forums is a shithole for babbies
Wow, considering Sup Forums is a better board than Sup Forums in every aspect from quality to moderation, you're in for a wild ride of disappointment.

Hope you want to talk about lesbians and cape comics pandering to bisexuals because that's all we have here.

>4 player co-op action game

It's online only, so who gives a shit?

>multi-player online

that's okay. not like I have friends that comes over that are into TMNT

I'm going to go lay down now and cry.

Five seconds of looking at gameplay would tell you why it can't be couch co-op.

obviously, the split screen in Out of the Shadows was just awful

As far as licensed games go, it's looking tight. The Transformers game was fucking fun so I am expecting something along those lines.

I dislike the lack of enemy variety it seems like all budget platinum games have this problem of having 3 enemies and a few variations.

How can you comment on enemy variety before the game is out?

When is Platinum gonna make an Arkham-tier Superman game?

because we seen all the stages?
we have seen kraang robots
foot ninja
rock soldiers
who else could they add purple dragons? why no one in the game is related to them? Mousers? I doubt they would not have shown one by now. Triceratons? I fucking wish.

Also the fact that transformers and korra had this problem

>Sup Forums is a shithole for babbies
>Sup Forums is nothing but movie consolewars
lol ok

Anyway as someone that just beat Transformers Devestation, I'm kinda meh on this. I love Platinum, but Activision Platinum teamups are really repetitive. I'll probably get this if it hits $10.

This thread is 3 times longer than any TMNT thread on Sup Forums in the past month. Sup Forums isn't interested in anything that isn't e-celebs, overwatch, dark souls, or doom.

>Acti-Platinum teamups are repetitive
The skill tree and online co-op systems should mitigate that pretty heavily. Transformers was something of a failed experiment in terms of adding levelling and loot to P* action games.

1. I know for a fact you're full of shit since in the last month I was in at least two TMNT Sup Forums threads that went past 300 posts
2. Sup Forums knows a reskin when they see it and despite the fact that Sup Forums for the most part is very pro-platinum, it's pretty obvious this is a cash grab and will be Korra tier

My Sup Forumsmrade side makes me want it, but my Sup Forumsirgin side knows its not going to be anything more than a forgettable distraction.

>This game with multiple integral systems that have never been in a P* game is just a reskin u guise
>Sup Forums is pro-platinum
>this is a cash grab

it could pretty easily be couch co-op on wii u like hyrule warriors though. Looks like I'm not gonna be able to buy it if it's online only though. The whole reason would be to play it couch co-op style.

>will be korra tier
What was wrong with Korra? Transformers had the borked level-up and random drop system but Korra was solid through and through.

I thought it was fun as fuck, definitely worth two playthroughs (to beat on expert) and the pro-bending was fun.

The special items that modified your dodge and parry were a nice touch

what an ironic use of a gif

>combat is taken straight from Transformers
>implying Sup Forums doesn't have daily platinum jerk off fests and MGR & Bayo 2 aren't universally praised
>TMNT isn't even being sold at $60, movie is coming out so Activision wanted something to tie in with an existing dev & assets being used to speed up development
lol

Cel-shading ages well, why do you Wind Waker looks so good after all these years?

Stopped reading at the first line because holy shit that is so wrong

I'm sure the rest is just as retarded

bump

Is this the "turles in time" of this decade?

Is the soundtrack composed by Kozo Nakamura?

bump