Which languages do I get for free if I learn Russian?

Which languages do I get for free if I learn Russian?

Other urls found in this thread:

slovio.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

none

Not even belarussian?

belarusians barely speak belarusian. I don't even really know how it sounds like. russian and belarusian are very similar, but to understand belarusian you still need to learn new words and shit.

How much of polish are you able to understand for example?

in polish i understand only rude words.
it all depends if i read or listen polish. Because they have the same words but they pronounce them differently. So if it's written i'm able to understand a bit more. But if we generalize, i don't understand polish at all. You may hear some familiar words from time to time, that's it.

sad desu. I thought that if you learned russian you would be able to understand at least 50% of most slavic languages in the written form

Kazakh?

You will understand the language of poverty and alcoholism

Good. Depression is kino. I like art that shows suffering not gay love.
One of my favorite novels is Note from the underground by dostoevsky

If you learn Serbo-Croatian you learn how to speak Macedonian and Bulgarian pretty easily. And then you have a lot of root words similar when you go to other slavic languages so you have it a little bit easier than someone who doesn't speak a slavic language.

Kazakh is a Turkic language, dumb ass

No. Learn polish or any other slavic language for that except for russian.

If you want to do that learn Slovenian instead. You can understand most slav languages on the lower register which is better than most can do.

Russian is the logical choice if one wants to learn a slavic language.

I say learn Ukrainian because once you learn it, Russian is easy. Belarusian is Polish + Ukrainian. 4 languages for the price of 1.

You'll be able to understand 90% of belarussian, 60-70% of Bulgarian, a bit of Serbian and Ukrainian, and a very tiny bit of other slavic languages like Chezh.

You won't get anything for free though, all these languages require actual learning for native russian speakers to speak properly. For you as a portuguese speaker, the difference probably wont's be that big though, you can easily learn several slavic languages at once, AFAIK linguists focused on slavic languages do exactly that.

Also, there's a constructed meta-Slavic language which is designed to be easily understandable by all Slavs: slovio.com/ (it's more like a curiosity though)

Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Belorussian
A bit of Polish
But you have to have a very good understanding of Russian to understand other Slavic languages too.

>learn Ukrainian because once you learn it, Russian is easy
That's not true though. They are quite similar, but differ more than Bulgarian and Russian for example, ukrainians have a lot of Polish/semi-Polish and their own words. I can read Bulgarian wikipedia almost effortlesly even though I never learned it, and I can't say the same about Ukrainian one. I'd say Ukrainian is somewhere between Polish and Russian, and Polish and Russian are probably the least similar slavic languages

>slovio.com/
what the fuck is this sourcery

Thыs.

Interesting. Sort of like German and Dutch. I speak German and I can read Dutch just fine, but there 10% I don't know.

I'm Bulgarian. I can understand Macedonians 100%. I understand almost all of what Serbs, Bosnians and Croats say unless they're drunk or have a stupid accent. Slovenes are slightly harder to understand. Russians are harder to understand, I can understand about half of what they're saying enough to read signs and have small talks. Polish and Czech? Not a fucking idea. Never met a Belarusian or a Ukrainian but if it's similar to Polish then no. Not an idea.

bahahah dostoevsky is the edgiest, pleb shit

get better taste

for free no, but you'll have easier time learning other slavic languages.

>dostoevsky
>pleb
Are you even trying?