PARANATURAL: "We Mission Impossible Now" Edition

> WE'RE BACK! And I couldn't be more excited. TCAF was super energizing, thank you to everyone who came by my table!

Spender just pausing to take a quick selfie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w4gDLRe46w0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

o yeah, get to look suspicious with a little girl in the middle of the school, Spender, that will do the trick

Honestly. When I read that I couldn't help but think, "yes, this is not suspicious at all."

Good update though. Everyone's phones say a lot about them.

which one has the sesshomaru wallpaper

Just use Gyo, you fucking nerds.

Obviously Isaac, the only kid with a smartphone.

But there is still an extra.

God, I hope Max won't be paired with Isaac as an excuse to ignore Ed again.

Gee I dunno, maybe the one obsessed with anime?

>imminent teacher-student mid-mission chitchat.
I like where this is going. Also, moar Isaac POV too? Whatever, just keep both things wholesome and quick.

> Clash of the Different Era Gadgets
I don't know what to say about this.

Pretty sure both Max and Izzy use flipphones, and Spender is using a smartphone in the same strip. Isaac is also a rich kid, it seems.

>Isabel, Max, and Ed have old phones that match their aura/chakra/chi/soul/generic-anime-energy color
>Spender and Isaac have newer phones without color

I'd say "what does it mean?" but it is clearly just a coincidence.

Guys. Remember the reveal of Isaac's canon age plus the subsequent confusion? Apparently there's a story behind it...let's just say that some of us should've sneaked in his streams much sooner.

Now I know who to picket and blame for making me confused with American school grades.

Poor Ed, he's definitely the one with the supreme dogshit phone.

Poor Ed x2: that bottom-left panel.

Isabel

Who really cares? It was an easy mistake.

I'm gonna dump some bits of old information here too now that some of Zack's precious treasures have been somehow disappearing recently. (some interesting tweets not pic related, that inking video etc)

>Isabel looking at Max on the last panel
is Ed a confirmed cuck?

Probably, but as far as their group dynamic goes it kinda makes sense, at least a little more than the teams he picked for the Ghost Train.

Inking video?

gonna need the source of this
for reasons

Daredevil

I see, thank you
I'll be in my bunk

There was this one video on Zack's Youtube channel demonstrating how he did his comic pages from sketching to inking before going digital. He was using a page off chapter 2 as an example.
I still kept the URL it was in.

[ youtube.com/watch?v=w4gDLRe46w0 ]

The video has gone private now.

Only fap to 2D, man

Goddammit. Why must Zack be like this?

completely.

Is zack in this picture? He could be. Any other anons willing to hunt for Zack in what TCAF pictures we can find? He must be out there somewhere.

but where's wally

Table 232 on the second floor apparently.

Sup Forums has infiltrated LOCK IT DOWN

I want a flip phone again. I have no use for a smartphone.

They need to start making smart flip phones.

..i understand the idea of not pairing with Max/Isaac since they are bot being bugged. But i wonder why chose Isabel.

>Isaac's wallpaper is Sesshoumaru.
>Max isn't paried with Isabel.
I love you Zack.

It's Spender, isn't it
The big raisin jumped into Spender when he was pushing out the other teachers, and he's taking Isabel off to "neutralize" her, as she's one of the more powerful ones, before he goes to the Principal's office

Somebody stop this madman.

I'm pretty sure those are fairly common in Japan

They actually have those in Japan.

In his TCAF bio thing he says he hopes to someday be one of the greats, does he realise that updating about twice a month is a fucking joke?

How else is he supposed to attend the mandatory sixteen cons per month let alone deal with the late-stage necrosis on his wrist?

If spender's combination of powerful spirits couldn't prevent him from being hijacked then he is completely pathetic.

At least the patreon money is getting well spent on flights all over the continent.

We need them here. Japan is always ahead of us on stuff like this.

Nooo. Enough. Stop saying this. Spender cannot be possessed without unleashing that shadow spirit.

it's not about being ahead, japan just never stopped liking them

>Spender
>not worse than pathetic
His entire life is just one continuous JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP moment
It's more that Japan likes flip phones, and they'd rather adapt what they already have than make something new.

Why the fuck are they just ignoring the principal

Because this chapter has to last another year at least.

I know Zack Claims to no have watched Bleach, but I doubt it.

I think he looked back on how similar PNat was to it and decided to distance himself from it.

>that feeling when you miss having a flip phone

I don't know about you all but if they make a smart phone flip phone that looks like my old razor then I'll buy that in a heart beat

They have those in Japan.

Although, what a blunder giving them Flip phones back when the comic started. Now they're stuck.

Knowing people today, it's probably tantamount to neglect.

He took inspiration from Shaman King and other 90s shounen like that. Shaman King is similar to Bleach kind of.

The comic was originally set in like 2003 so. And it's not a problem. This isn't the real world. Authors are allowed to choose what technology they want their world to use.

>sesshomaru

SESSHOMARUUUUUUUU

>that look on her face
How is any other ship still up after this?

Well, it makes sense. But how is he able to use ultimate spectral techniques?

Yeah, but the Tools and the Spirits are just so similar to Zanpakuto, unless Kubo ripped that off too

Nothing Kubo did was original. Spirits living inside objects is nothing new and Bleach was certainly not one of the first to do it.

shit's ancient, literally mythological ancient

That is exactly how it worked in Shaman King.

Welp, Isaac is mega gay.

>but the Tools and the Spirits are just so similar to Zanpakuto
Yeah, no. The only thing that's similar, is that they're tools/weapons with an independent being with special powers. Which is a very generic animu trope. They don't have Bankai's or whatever like that. I guess there's the inner world they communicate in? But that's pretty generic too and operates pretty differently in Paranatural.

In Bleach, they're all swords (until they're not swords), and are born from the Soul Reapers themselves (or they're also born from interfacing with weird doll things? Fucking Kubo I don't know anymore). In Paranatural, they're being completely independent of the person who ends up wielding them. A lot of the metaphysics and themes and plot points are pretty different too, what with the Soul Reapers being shepards of departed souls who live in some bizarre feudal Japan spirit world, whereas Paranatural is about weird real world spirits and takes setting inspiration from a number of places.

It's, as people have said, much more similar to the admitted inspiration of Shaman King. You're letting your lack of animu knowledge blind you to the obvious.

...Zack also said that they will be able to somehow use the 'spirit world' to interfere on the real world, or something like that.

The spirit world can't interfere with the real world. It only affects spirits, ghosts and spectrals. A spectral can use it to maneuver themselves though like grabbing onto something that isn't there.

i mean the spirit world 'inside their heads', they will use it somehow.

Like how I described

Anybody read Gigi's new comic Lady of The Stars?

>everyone pissing on Isaac for being "SO ANIMAY" because of wallpaper
>not realizing flipphones are also just as animay'd as they can get

Lady of the Shard*

I tried to, but it hurt my eyes reading it. So I stopped.

I didn't like the art regardless of the style. The story seemed pretty bland too, this coming from someone who likes lesbian shit.

The kids had flip phones because smartphones weren't A Thing when Zack made the comic back then.

Isn't this comic set in the late 90s, early 2000s? Everyone had flip phones back then

2008 was the only date ever explicitly mentioned in the comic, then he edited it out.

I guess he wanted the comic to take place a few years ago, 3 by the time he started, but soon realized that a fixed date only gets further away

Yeah, I should've wrote down...
>CAN ALSO be as animay as they can get

...nah, what am I trying to defend. It's clear that I've made false deductions.

The 'paranatural' tag on Tumblr is still cringing right now with most people ogling on that single detail.

Well I liked both the art and the story.

>Isaac is also a rich kid, it seems.
No family / background, no proof, not valid.

Yup, it was neat. And I really liked the characterization of the villain, and while the art was literally ms-paint styled the design choices between the different characters and settings were super neat.
And as someone with a hypnosis/mind control fetish, holy shit those scenes hit home hard, which again is impressive given how minimalist they were.

Yeah it's surprisingly sexy.

And the way both their spectral energies flare up.

That teacher is cute! CUTE!!

Anyway, I just want more stuff with Isaac. His story is the most interesting thing since this comic looked like it was gonna be spooky.

Just dumping this too for posterity's sake, no reason.

And this. Because Zack deleted the original tweet.

Why so afraid, Zack? We're not gonna judge you for your ship tastes...you /are/ the Creator of this comic after all.

I don't even read that as "shipping tastes." That's a great joke.

Ms. Baxter is a goddess.

Concur'd.

Every single extra preserved on the internet...FOREVER.
FOREVER.
FOREVER.
FOREVER...

Zack's left hand-drawn selfie - from the twitpics.

And Proto-Starchman.

But y'all niggas wouldn't check this anyway. Ta.

>the girl picks the woman
>the glasses weirdo picks the glasses weirdo
>the brooding kid picks the brooding man
It's like poetry

Flip phones were the stupidest and ugliest shit on the planet.
The joint is a huge fucking liability that WILL break. Moving parts age horribly in electronics.
More over the joint mechanisms and parts took room that could have been used for more processing-power for the phone or better display without adding anything of actual value.
It just added a shitty weak spot and doubled the thickness of the phone.
And they always looked fucking ugly and flimsy.

Gorilla glass solid bricks/thinmints >>> flipshits.

FUCK ED

Didn't Zach absurdly claim that Isaac actually didn't watch any anime at all and was just like that?

Agreed, lolrandumb humour is the worst.

Pretty sure he changed his mind by the time he did the art class comic.

>Pretty sure he changed his mind by the time he did the art class comic.
>he changed his mind
Every single time! Can't he just set his ideas (say, for his charas and settings) in stone - in some metaphorical bible - and only change them if they do not make sense / are controversial to the big story?

When it comes to little details that haven't actually been inserted into the story yet, authors reserve the right to change their mind.