Future of Fox's X-Men

So now that the dust has settled, and X-Men Apocalpse has officially bombed and flopped.

What will happen to to the future of Fox's X-Men now that people are getting tired?

Will they reboot the franchise? Will they make a deal with Marvel Studios and have Wolverine show up at Infinity War? Will JLaw Mystique get her own movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sMmg8jCaOPs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get their villains, Deadpool and Wolverine to MCU.
Oh, and babes.

The executives are going to look at what Deadpool did well, and what Apocalypse did poorly, and completely miss the point with their next movie.

They should just give the rights back to Marvel already.

Yup, sounds about right

Never going to happen, Fox is not Sony.
Never should happen either.

Yeah. Marvel's table is full.

Maybe the Fantastic Four would fare better there, but the X-Men never really even worked well in the comics alongside the Avengers for example.

It has great potential, but not in the MCU. Certainly not at FOX, but there it won't ruin the other stuff.

This.

They didn't learn their lessons the last two, three, four flops... why the fuck would anyone think they'd learn their lesson this time?

>bombed and flopped
>Movie isn't out yet

>Never going to happen
It will if their movies keep bombing.

I predict Deadpool's novelty will weigh thin quickly. Expect Deadpool 2 to bomb.

First they need to finish their current universe: Deadpool II, Wolverine III and one last X-men movie. After that all doors are open and I have no idea what could happen

Man, Days of Future Past was great, what the fuck happened?

Sony haven't given the rights back on Spider-Man, they've gone into partnership.

FOX has to continue making a sequel every couple of years or a fresh sequence within 10 years of the original (which has now passed, ie, they can only really make sequels from this point on, unless they want to outright reboot within 5 years) to retain the rights to X-Men.

They could also make a tv show, which may or may not have to be within the same continuity. Certainly the first movie they made was definitely not in the same continuity as the first tv attempt they made (which was in 1996). So in theory they could continue the rights for an indefinite period, but that's dependent on people continuing to want it - with tv that's much less certain than with an established movie sequence. The problem is one of investment capital - if they choose to continue sinking money into movies that don't sell well enough to justify the investment, they're losing money compared to where they should be if they'd invested more wisely. This is an important consideration; nobody wants a situation where you're retaining rights just because someone else can make them work consistently, even though you can't. With tv it's a similar prospect; sure the investment is lower even over a whole season, but the number of new shows that fail is non-trivial and you may not make your money back even with established properties.

So I wouldn't say never, and I would advise that FOX has let rights slip recently - Daredevil going back was down to them having no idea of how to reboot it and make money - and will almost certainly do so again. I would guess they'd try and sell them back, though - the way that Sony sold back Ghost Rider after the second movie flopped. Again, it's a question of recouping that investment cost, not just from one movie but whole-life on the rights, including development work that leads nowhere.

>Movie isn't out yet

WTF? What kind of 3rd world shithole are you posting from?

Dude, it has a rotten on RT with no signs that it will end up fresh, people are already on the fence for this thing which will make them not want to watch.

It isn't out in the States, but that doesn't matter when China is the biggest market for this shit

This movie happened, I remember how great the ending of DoFP was because in the final scene we bring closure to the whole franchise by showing Wolverine in a happy future with everyone alive and well...then we got the fucking Apocalypse stinger in the mid-credits and shat over that beautiful ending,this movie was destined to fail.
Saw it last night, really disappointing movie

Is china getting a release on the same day as the Alice sequel? if so the X-men are fucked

Fox decided to cash in on "big bad super powerful villain" before DC and Disney did, and of course it isn't paying off

I hope Wolverine 3 is set in a semi-standalone universe that Wolverine 2 seems to exist in.

Also didn't Magneto commit genocide at the end of the film? And Baldy doesn't seem to give a shit about it?

china doesn't even get the film till june, they actually are the last to get it

MCU would need a reboot to fit in the X-Men. Not happening anytime soon.

>they could also make a TV show

They've been working on some, Hellfire being a thing a think. However FOX only has the film rights to X-Men, and any TV projects need to be approved and supervised by Marvel

It's got a worse RT than MoS and ASM2

How can people actually want the X-Men in Marvel movies? Are they mindless about their loyalty to that "cinematic universe"? Do they realize how problematic they are? Having them on their own is the best thing that could happen.

They're already planning Deadpool 2, X-Force, and Dark Phoenix saga movie

this shit will never go away

Fox and WB/DC are just cancer forming right in my gut, eating me from inside

>RT score means movies can't make money

I understand that cape films have reached a point where bad word of mouth is the first, and sometimes last, nail in the coffin (of course big expectations to keep a shared universe going mean a movie will almost always underperform big time if they fuck up) but usually with most other movies they can get fucked sideways on RT and still make some dosh

>They could also make a tv show,

They could make a TV show but they need to get Marvel's approval to do it. Fox has far more control on getting a film made, though.

So what? The Transformers movies get some of the worst scores ever on that site and are some of the higuest grossing movies in the world.
RT doesn't mean shit.

>being this much of a Disneykid

>This movie happened, I remember how great the ending of DoFP was because in the final scene we bring closure to the whole franchise by showing Wolverine in a happy future with everyone alive and well...then we got the fucking Apocalypse stinger in the mid-credits and shat over that beautiful ending,this movie was destined to fail.

This. x1000 this.

DOFP was the perfect ending point for the series and tied things up together nicely. It's basically become a jumping off point for all the fans of the franchise that began with the original X-men back in 2000.

;_;

*Fox and WB/DC are making much better films than Disney

I swear Disney is paying people to say "sell back the rights" at this point.

Quite insidious, get the fandom to believe that the only way to see improved X-men/FF/Spider-man movies is for the rights to come back to them.

Can someone give me some spoilers? I legit don't care enough to watch it.

Sorry but the movie is doing 700m with a way lower budget than BvS and CW. Its not tanking and you are not getting rights back.

Nice console war thread btw.

And Disney is not? 13 movies and the only thing they can show is TWS and "colorful costume adaptations".

The 3 are shit but for different reasons.

Iron Man 1 is the only "great" MCU movie. TWS is only above average.

The first Iron Man is TDK tier.

>X-men Apocalypse is out
What?
>and it bombed
Probably.

>implying Fox would sell back the rights anyway

Also why the fuck would you want that? Quality aside, the X-Men work better in their own universe. Plus trying to shoehorn mutants into the MCU? I don't think that would work out well

Marvel has reached a point where even if one of their movies gets banged up by critics it will still make a ton of money. It's more of a branding thing, and a goldmine at that.

It hasn't bombed and flopped yet.

The Transformers movies are universally shat out by critics, but they still make assloads of money.

I only want the rights back so Marvel can stop excluding the Xmen and F4 from games.

>GIVE IT TO MARVEL!!!

Fucking stop.

>"cliched villain"
>everything else is quite fresh

so the MCU gives whole movies which are generic and that's alright? seriousy, these reviewers are biased towards every single movie that isn't "MUH QUIPS" and "MUH MCU". fuck this shit

Just ignore "critics", man.
>TFA 92%
J O K E P R O F F E S I O N

there are no real critics anymore. there are only haters and fanboys so it seems who think their opinion is supposed to count as a professional one

the saddest part is that a collective of these stupid-ass people form box office success with their stupid-ass opinions

I suppose DoFP and First Class don't count. Jesus you guys are insane.

>DoFP and First Class
Critics are retarded.
FC was middling and while DoFP was anazing, it only got the ratings it did due to nostalgiabaiting critics.

Are Disneydrones 12 years old or just simply stupid fanboys?
Every thread is filled with those idiots who can't think outside of MUHVEL and MUH QUIPS

They are not giving the rights back, they don't need to, fuck off.

THIS
H
I
S

They belong with Marvel Studios

Jubilee is only in it for 30 seconds (had to make room for more JLaw).

Magneto's wife has more lines than Psylocke (psy has two lines). Magneto pulls a Vader NNNNOOOOOOO when she dies. Turns evil (again). Instantly forgiven for killing billions of people at end of movie.

JLaw is bored and shows in her performance. Mystique is the savior of mutant kind and the biggest hero ever.

Wolverine cameo ignores ending of DoFP.

Monuments destroyed.

Phoenix jean kills Apocalpse

Mister sinister end credits stinger

Fox has had eight chances to make a good X-Men movie and continue to fuck it up. Every movie is "don't worry, te next movie will be the REAL X-Men movie. We promise!". Fuck Fox.
Give X-Men to someone who actually knows how to make movies (like Marvel Studios).

you are forgeting that deadpool saved the x-franchise

Ironically the only involvement Fox had in that was just making the budget reduced.

This. The next X-Men movie will be over the top violent with lots of swearing and sex, but it won't be clever and it won't fit tonally.

terrible godawful bait

Let the guy who did Deadpool make the X-Men movies, Colossus and that teenage grils are better in Deadpool movie than any mutie in the Synger movies.

It's not bait of it is True, Foxshill

I honestly don't understand the backlash, it's not 10/10, but certainly fun to watch with plenty of humor and the teen cast plays the most important part in the plot and they're all great.

>fun
gross

Haven't watched it but probably won't.

I remember the commercials being on TNT during NBA playoff basketball, I was only half-watching but I had to stop because JLaw's "You're not students anymore" line was delivered so blandly that I had to stop and marvel at just how uncompelling her acting is.

Keep X-men away. Let fox keep them for eternity for all I care.

But Bring F4.

>flop
>on a memorial day weekend

your marveldrone is showing

at worst it will barely edge out Alice 2

The whole thing is just tedious. It's like a worst of compilation of the other movies.

Oh, a bad guy plans to use Xaviers mind powers against the world...again.

Magneto's standing with the good guys and bad guys is tenuous...again.

The X mansion gets attacked...again.

Stryker has a plan focused on capturing mutants...again.

Mystique isn't sure of what she wants out of life...AGAIN!

Soft reboot their continuity into *current year* with re-cast Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Beast, Wolverine, Gambit and Rogue. Have them fight Bastion.

They need to give the lead role to a character that can take criticism, and let Magneto rest the antagonic role at least once.

>the teen cast plays the most important part in the plot and they're all great.
How to spot a paid Foxshill, ladies and gents.
He spreads lies about his boss's movie to make it seem better than it really is.
The Foxshill lies an says the focus of the movie is on JLaw, Magneto, and Prof X. The only Xkid who does anything really important is Jean Grey (and only does so as to set up the Phoenix for the sequel). The rest of the kids are poorly developed and hardly do anything cool (Jubilee was cut from the movie to make way for more JLaw and only has a few seconds of screentime).

Hopefully, if Deadpool 2 bombs, Marvel will get the rights back.

>Edging out the billion dollar baby.

I'll take unlikely, for 400.

Actually in the email leak Marvel gets full rights for spidey by 2020 or something like that in exchange for 12billion over time

Marvel won't do shit with the X-men, they've been hating on them so hard these past years their judgement will be clouded by vile by the time they get them back.
This is not Spidey who they love and cherish despite how much they have to make him suffer. This is the franchise they've tried to divorce from the main line forever but haven't because they made shitloads of money and are Stan Lee's only genuine brainchildren.

Eh, X-Men work better as their own universe honestly.

Not expecting marvel to go all out to shame fox by making real X-men movie

Repeating old tropes is what X-men is all about.

>So now that the dust has settled, and X-Men Apocalpse has officially bombed and flopped.

fuck off you retard.

Quicksilver shitty camrip.

youtube.com/watch?v=sMmg8jCaOPs

>An X-Men movie sucks
Was anyone surprised? The last good one was X-2

*DoFP

Beyond Dark Knight nearly every other comic book movie outside Marvel has done bad. If you're not able to understand this then you're not a intelligent person. Which explains why you started throwing age around, you're either a publicly educated american (peasant) or you're underage. Chances are still someone whose folks didn't give two shits about your education.

i see Disney's plan is working

terrible opinions bud

>quicksilver is so overpowered he makes the rest of the movie pointless
You can't help all the people like this guys. Some people are just idiots.

You mean Inhumans.

The only one that felt truly X-men like to me was First Class. It was why I was so mad Singer came back.

He does a cool sequence and I'm left bored because I can't give a fuck about any character in the story.

Magneto would ruin the value of Vibranium technology and Iron Man.

No opinions needed. Other than Dark Knight, Marvel, and Watchmen none of the other hero movies have done well. Those are facts.

USA public education system is rated as one of the worse. Which explains people like yourself who are unable to tell the difference between facts and opinions.

Don't worry next you're going to be like Sheldon's Mom and say that's just my opinion. Which only furthers my point.

as a Marvel kino fan, FUCK THE X-MEN

they literally add nothing, hardly any of them have origin stories

>i woke up like this

Pulverine steals all the spotlight despite being utter shit

People say Tony steals the spot light in the MCU but to be honest it's pretty fair, at least everyone else gets their own films or are major characters in multiple films, can you imagine a fox x-men film where cyclops beats wolverine like cap beat iron man?

Pullverine is Batman tier in that 9/10 x-men related things are about him

sick of those faggots, fox can keep them

Yeah, he was a plot breaker.

Best thing Fox can do is make the next X-Men more like Deadpool by making it X-Force instead.
You get:
>Violence, sex and drugs
>Deadpool in a team movie
>Loli Wolverine

It's true that Jubilee does very little but Scott, Jean and Kurt all have plenty of weight in terms of plot, and they're absolutely adorable.

While it is pretty annoying that Jlaw is basically made into Mother Teresa meets Ghandi in terms of influence to mutantkind, they do at least use it intelligently, the only real shitty part is how she's basically the team leader giving pep talks the entire time and only stays blue for like five minutes worth of screen time.

In terms if fan service, the best part is either Sniktbub going on a mini rampage in full Weapon X outfit, with the batteries and modified helmet, or when Scott turns on his classic Cyclops visor in the danger room ending scene.

this looks cheap yet fun as fuck.

He totally steals the movie once again.

If you thought DoFP was good you deserved this pile of shit. Such a clusterfuck of a movie

How about you wait for people to actually see it?

Frankly, they should let other people direct.

Vaughn did decently with First Class, and honestly, so did Mangold with The Wolverine.

Though since Fox execs are the ones that push for certain recurring flaws in the franchise, they might never completely escape them.

Deadpool got lucky.

Depending on what happens to Deadpool 2, there might be a future for them yet, if they learn not to meddle too much.

>Singer is bad
newfag opinion

He is bad. Vaughn is better. The Russos are better. Singer and Snyder are shit.

Vaughn was leagues better.

Guess who's directing the next X-men movie.

Fuck off. Marvel doesn't need mutants.

I'd say he's workmanlike.

He hasn't made anything truly great since The Usual Suspects. And that I suspect has more to do with Christopher McQuarry's script than his direction.

Maybe they should drop Mystique as a main character and go back to focusing the actual X-men? Just stop pandering to the feminists who insist on having the female lead.