American "education"

>american "education"

This can't be real.

this is what happens when you stoop down to a 12 year old's level in order to "connect" with them

didnt you lose to the losers
and you guys just plain lost

Actually it's a cool way to teach children. Stop acting like a retard.

Men died for this...

They didnt lose against asian farmers tho

Jesus fuck I only graduated high school 2 years ago and it wasn't even this bad.

>Our education system hasn't reached the bottom yet

No it isn't. It's a sad attempt to be hip by the teacher.

>down in Verdun, so cold, I wish there was a Starbucks nearby lmaooo #trenchfoot
kill yourself

Wait, is your education really like this?

Is this a high school assignment?:D Dear jesus...

Sup Cadorna
It varies from state to state

I doubt it, hashtags weren't a thing when I was learning this stuff, it's probably just some teacher trying to be hip.
My high school world history teacher sang a song on the first day froth with history jokes. I like the effort I guess.

Is this a joke? Some student made it up, right?

that thought experiment would not be far removed from any /brit/ general

Whats your favourite Christmas carol?

If only you knew how bad things really are

Don't you have a centralized study plan? Or teachers can do whatever they want?

stille nacht

Kek

i dont even know anymore

>Died meaninglessly just for porkies
>Want to be respected like true heroes (such as Soviet or Chinese soldiers in WW2)

Also it's not like history has kinda divine inviolability

and people pay tens of thousands for this?

it's time for good idea/ bad idea

>Don't you have a centralized study plan?
lolno
If there is something even Americans on Sup Forums can agree on it is that our education system is fucked.

Ha, that's a simple question with a complicated answer. Basically each state has their own curriculum and then each school comes up with syllabuses containing what each teacher should teach based on the state curriculum. That's why in california you'll learn about how terrible America has been in the past, and in Alabama you'll learn about how the Civil war was about states' rights.
A lot of the recent memes you see are about common core, an effort to get all the states to have similar curricula, the issue is most people think it sucks.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields. #TRENCH FOOT!

I don't know, I went through private schools, and I thought it was all rather satisfactory.

Was it good before? Here a lot of people bitching about how our government ruined best educational system in the world.

nobody is talking about the honor of the soldiers (although if you're not subhuman scum you should respect that) but the retarded way to teach kids anything
>what Instagram filter would Louis XIV use?
what possible knowledge do they get out of that?

It was among the finest public educations in the world, now we have all sorts of deficiencies in student performance.

It's been stagnant. Still good in rich communities, still bad in poor communities.

>MBTI
Probably a psychology class for freshmen or sophomores at best. Everyone knows psychology is a shit area of study these days with no hopes of redemption

the future

The schools for Blacks and inner city youths have always been underfunded and sub-par.

>the issue is most people think it sucks
How so? What are their arguments?

it's not in college, it's a prep for some mbti test:
>The Myers–Briggs Type Indicator is an introspective self-report questionnaire with the purpose of indicating differing psychological preferences in how people perceive the world around them and make decisions.
Our colleges are pretty good at least compared to the one year I did in a french college

It really depends on the state and the culture of the people who live there. There are not many places in America where educational attainment is valued. Massachusetts happens to be an outlier and actually has one of the best public education systems in the world. Mississippi on the other hand is borderline retarded. California is somewhere in between.

Obviously it's trying to engage with the student to use their knowledge of Loius XIV to conceive a plausible answer.

>making schools dependent on local taxation
>rich neighbourhoods get more money for schools and the poor get less

Literally the exact opposite of what you're supposed to do, no wonder the black and otherwise poor districts stay poor in perpetuity.

They've tried to go down the "growth" instead of "proficiency" path. Basically, instead of learning, Algebra 1 then Geometry then Algebra 2 then Pre-Calc and then Calculus, you now go to math 1 math 2 math 3 etc, and the education is centered around the growth of the child and not his proficiency based on the rest of the class.
But no one really talks about that, most people just are upset that all kids are put into the same track, ie there is less choice. And then of course, people are stupid so if someone at common core HQ puts some stupid information in the curricula, then it proliferates and people learn useless things.

some memes like this, common core is pretty good and modernized system but they try to be too much nontraditional in teaching

poor schools get federal aid

Actually they get tons of money

I see, so it's "centralized", just on the state scale, not on the federal one.
It's just difficult for some of the other countries to understand or remember that, in a lot of your laws and policies, you are quite literally the "United States".

It must've been a good private school then. The one I went to was utter shit.
>Mandatory theology classes
>Creationism taught in class room
>Personal management class with tests that grade you based off of your knowledge of Santa's reindeer instead of the curriculum.

>+6 + 30 +100 +25
It's more difficult than traditional way.

no knowledge of Louis XiV would lead ou to any answer to that question. You can choose at random. Kinda like the OP pic is useless, you can just say "trenches suck #trenchfoot"

>going to a christian private school
lol, your parents wasted too much money. Feels good i lived in a place full of good public schools.

protestant I presume, even that is still better than the average skublic school inside a major city

It's no where near the amount schools in more well off communities get. They hardly have a computer lab and suburb schools have football stadiums and huge gymnasiums.

>Mandatory theology classes
I've heard we have it now as well.

*smiles*

Huh, i use common core-like operations when doing calculations in my head. Still traditional works better on paper.

>tfw I realize my poor education was the result of class disparity
Wtf I love communism now

Well they wouldn't be teaching 3rd-graders about trench foot, would they? Middle school at least.

They did. Wasn't given a choice on going to public or even the nicer Catholic school. 21 now but I'm still mad.

Yep, Lutheran specifically. You're probably right, but at least I would've learned something real or got some indication of what I wanted to do with my life.

true, still, that sort of suggestion project has been in history primers for well over a hundred years

It's a common idea to get pupils thinking about the material in other ways, like suggesting that the student build a reproduction of a feudal castle in their neighborhood at the most suitable site for a fortress (this is a real suggestion to the student from one 1916 primer I opened just now).

catholic schools are top notch, you're quite close minded

in your public schools?

he attended a church school

Yes. The government wants to brainwash kids with religion as soon as possible.

Not yet, as far as I know, but they're trying to push it. Some public schools have "the basics of Orthodox culture", which many of the students vehemently refuse to attend. The private school I went to had theology classes, but my parents arranged it with the school's authorities that I didn't have to attend them. That was over 20 years ago.

it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a state religion

I was thinking about protestant schools , catholic schools teach evolution

>some teacher tried to be innovative
>omg american educational system is a joke!
Yet american universities (along with the UK's ones are still the best in the world

also that kremlinbot ITT is ridiculous if he is actually trying to imply that russia's education is on par with the american one. degrees that you "earned" in majority of russian universities aren't even recignised in most western countries.
and our elementary and middle school education is just pure crap.
seriously, when some patgetic thirdworlder like that russian troll ITT shits on literally any other country's educational system it's just pathetic

our colleges are fine (aside the prices) , the problem is with ours high schools and middle schools

this, but also 1-6 and pre-schools
Kindergartens are fine tho.

How the fuck?

The version on the right is easier than whatever the fuck that is on the left.

If you were to make it harder with -26 rather than -24.

You can't take 6 from 5, so you carry over a 1 from the tens to the ones making it 15. Then you take away 6 to make 9. 9 now goes in the ones column of the answers row.

2 can't come out of 1 so you carry a 1 over to the tens from the hundreds making it 11, take way 2 from 11 leaving 9, put that in the tens of the answers row.

Nothing comes off the 1 in the hundreds so you put that in your answer, ta-da 199. Easy maths for kids.

That version on the left, adding up the difference is just pointless and confusing to younger children and idiots. The right side is idiot proof if you follow the method.

kek, i think elementry schools are not that bad here , they are not strict and are pretty fun in general which is essential for young kids

Is that 12-18 hours of teaching per week?

On my uni course in England, I pay £9,000 which is about $12,000 probably for 5 hours of teaching...

Assuming you take about 16 units, thats probably 8-12 lectures a week, each being an hour or so, plus discussions, but those are taught by poorly paid TA's anyway. The money you pay usually goes to research or for the university's latest construction project.

>MUH DICK