Dan Shive is going to strawman AVGN for not wanting to see the shitty new Ghostbusters movie

>Dan Shive is going to strawman AVGN for not wanting to see the shitty new Ghostbusters movie
>is going to strawman everyone for thinking the movie looks like shit despite the trailers being unfunny and looking like shit
Oh boy. First Patton Oswalt, now this. How long til Willis has a strip in DoA about this? Or those Critical Miss guys strawman AVGN? This is going to be huge.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lQIuTGfPHvA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dan actually seems to be the kind of guy that will admit that the movie is shit when he actually whatch it.

>implying
He'd call it amazing just to save the patriarchy from taking over cinema.

>Ghost busters without Bill murray playing Dr.Venkman
What's the point?

Why is everyone freaking out over the angry nerd anyway? He said nothing that bad. He didnt even say anything about the ghostbusters being female.

He said that it looks bad and it wasn't funny. Which he is right. Trailers are generally supposed to contain the better examples of a movie to make it seem worth watching.
However the trailer had no funny moments in it
>ANGRY BLACK WOMAN POWER COMPELS YOU!
or were just painful to watch.
It showed that it's not a sequel, which is fine. But it doesn't really seem to have the same appeal as the first movie cast. I don't think you really need Bill Murray, but all the characters seem to play an awkward woman except for the loud black lady.

He even did a follow up video about how Ghostbusters 3 spent decades trying to get made. His end message was that if you look at the Transformers series, everyone hates the movies. They are shit. But they keep getting money because people want to see it. If we really want to send a message to studios, people should avoid bad movies.

Loud Black Woman was the only funny part of the second trailer, at least

Are the El Goonish Shive cast all still virgins?

Did none of these people even watch the video? The guy made a perfectly valid point: Ghostbusters is one of his favorite movies of all time. The new one, judging by what's available, looks like a hunk of shit and a cynical cash grab treading on an old name to try and real people in while doing nothing to respect the original movies the way Star Trek or Star Wars did by at least including the old actors to pass the torch.

He literally said nothing about about women aside from the fact that calling it Ghostbusters with no subtitle means that you have to qualify it as the female Ghostbusters or the old one was the male Ghostbusters to differentiate them.

This is the dumbest outrage I've seen since Shirtgate. At least that black guy from Mizzou faked a poop swastika.

I doubt that half of them are.

Actually, I think that it was confirmed that Grace often waked up naked on Teds bed with them sleeping together. Take that as you want.

Susan is a little smug but still best girl

The video is literally NOT MUH GHOSTBUSTERS. I don't care if he likes it or not, but acting like the world is pulling your arm to the theater like a mother would to a screaming child just reeks of manchild entitlement.

Nobody who's bitching watched the video. Part of the PR of the movie is using the "if you don't like it you're a misogynist" card because the movie looks like (and almost certainly is) shit. They're trying to pre-emptively cry misogyny to head off any criticism so you have """"news"""" websites like the Dailydot going with it (likely due to general bribery from Sony) and which then means every virtue signally retard has to take up the cause. The worst part is people believe it too.

I've had conversations IRL with people regarding this and even when I explain what's going on they just say he's just trying to cover up his misogyny. The well of discourse has been completely poisoned.

>But it doesn't really seem to have the same appeal as the first movie cast.
Someone on Sup Forums of all places put it best, essentially saying that Ghostbusters was made because Dan Aykroyd has an interest in the paranormal and it's a bunch of guys with good chemistry who made a movie that they wanted to make. Whereas this movie was something shit onto a plate by a studio executive and then presented to people despite the fact nobody wanted it. Even one of the stars of the fucking movie said the trailer looked like shit.

But he DIDN'T. He specifically said "I don't think it looks good, so I'm not going to see it. If you don't think it looks good, then you shouldn't see it either." He's explicitly talking about how not watching or talking about the movie is an option. He only talked about it because his fans were nagging him about it.

>What's the point?

Money. The answer is money

Uh huh. I bet you also believe Disney is bribing critics for bad Batman v Superman reviews too.

Yeah, it's honestly valid. People bitch about how bad something looks, then go and pay money to watch it so they can talk about how bad it is. At that point, who cares? You've given them your money so they win. Same shit happens with Marvel's comics where they intentionally set out to piss people off under the belief that angry people will pay to read a comic so they can be angry about it even more and talk about it.

So what he's proposing is the correct course of action: do not pay to see it. Do not give the movie studio your money. Do not talk about it, do not give it attention. Ignore it and let it fail. I'll add that if you absolutely want to see something because you think that'll allow you to make a better critique, then pirate it. I read the storytimes for books I liked such as Superior Foes, The Fix or Ant-Man but I do that because I like talking with the people who read it and Lieber, it's fun. But I still go and buy the books.

I'm not going to actually pay to read Civil War II or the garbage that is the current line of X-Men books so I'll read storytimes and that's it, I'm not giving Marvel my money for that shit. Marvel shouldn't be rewarded for putting out bad comics, Sony and WB shouldn't be rewarded for putting out bad movies. No matter how much you go "HURR DURR IT SUCKS", if you paid to see it then at the end of the day you're the sucker.

I'll see it, but I'll only give them 6 bucks

Alternatively, you could use that $6 to buy half a corndog.

This belongs to Sup Forums.

Also you really are in deep when watching or not watching a goddamn hollywood special effects comedy becomes a political point.

Yeah I am going to find an online leak of the new Ghostbusters and watch it that way.
I refuse to give my money to any product that I don't think deserves it.

I would fuck both of them.

Who are they? This is the exact type of cartoon body on girls that I love.

Can someone explain to me why James is getting shat on for calmly telling his fans why they shouldn't expect a review?

Seriously at best there should have only been some minor bitching in the comments for James to watch it anyway just to rage and from people who honestly wanted him to give the movie a shot. Not some fucked up lynching from twitter and "news" sites

So my question is that is comicbookgirl19 sexist now too?
she said she was not planning to see the movie either and even said she would recommend her fans not go either, and she did this before James Rolfe the AVGN

Because they're afraid he's right

A lot of the people jumping down his throat haven't seen the video and assume it's about him hating female comedians instead of any of the other things he said.

James was asked by his fans what he thought about the trailer and if he was planning to review the film.
He created the video in response to his fans, and wanted to address the fans properly.

His mass amount of fans started sharing the video and social media, specifically twitter, tumblr, and others took over, and here we are

FUUUUUCK!

Really?
Really??

>that jab
well done MediocreAtBest

Please don't screenshot your own tweets

Fucking brutal!

Saying, and I quote directly: "I don't think it looks good, so I'm not going to see it." is obviously misogynist, racist and fat shaming and therefore worthy of death threats and people throwing rocks at his house.

Low class. This, the guys calling James' wife a gold digger, and the other guys making fun of the comedians dead wife are all proof that twitter was a mistake.

Cold blooded!

It's ironic. They complain about how he calls something shit without having seen it even though most of the people complaining haven't watched the video either.

Brutal, but probably more brutal than the conversation warranted.

I never said it was worthy of any of that, but the tumblr and SJW crowd see sexism and racism in everything, especially when the target is a white guy

That woman had an abortion just so she could make a short film of it.

Do we have any chance of getting another Ghostbusters cartoon?

>Bake brownies
>You see me put literal shit in it
>I offer you some brownies
>"No, I don't think I'd like it."
>"BUT YOU HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED IT!"

>getting mad about Dan's opinion literally being "I am sick of the high tensions over this when the movie isn't out yet"
Never change, Sup Forums.

I wanna fuck that butt SO BAD

>reboot great film
>make the cast all female cos sjw
>make the black character less sjw than the original

P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y

It will probably be a cartoon based on the new movie universe and follow the female Ghostbusters

>le ebin you can't tell if x is bad if you've never done it maymay

The amount of nonsense related to this movie is insane. I can't wait until it's confirmed that the movie is mediocre to the point of absolute irrelevance and both sides look the asshole.

Getting up in arms about people's reaction to a fucking trailer is insane. Do people seriously think you can only have an opinion about something if you decide to pay them? If the trailer didn't sell you on it, don't feel obligated to watch it. That simple.

I chuckled when the concert crowd didn't catch her and she asked if it was a woman thing or a black thing

As its own continuity, just like the movie is doing, right? That means no Egon. That means to Kylie.

for those curious what she said
youtube.com/watch?v=lQIuTGfPHvA

Mediocre plies its at least ok. I expect it to bomb harder than dresden

>twitter was a mistake
web 2.0 in it's entirety was a mistake

No, because nothing a woman does is ever wrong.

But still, the movie's going to be unassailably great because it has women in it and we've established that they're never wrong.

A trailer usually isn't telling the full picture, for good movies or bad.

It'd be better if the movie is out so the full product can be assessed.

I didn't know le geeky hipster ghostbuster had a YouTube channel

Shit people can't express opinions anymore?

That's what people said to me when I said I wasn't going to watch BvS because the trailer looked like dogshit

She's female so she gets a pass I guess. Hell she was harsher than James and actively criticized having an all female cast and I don't think anyone has given her shit yet.

Honestly it just makes the reaction to James' video all the more baffling

>Shirtgate
Explain

El Goonish Shive.

Yeah, Shive draw some amazing girls.

yeah sorry user, it's how media works they push the new shit.

At least we still have the comics

>a picture of someone getting stabbed in the dick doesn't tell you whether its good or bad
>you need to be actually stabbed in the dick to know whether it's good or bad

I want it to be mediocre.

I want the people wanting a horrible movie and those having a fantastic movie to be equally disappointed. That is what I want from this movie now. Pure, utter irrelevance.

That time that guy who landed a probe on a comet wore a shirt with sect ladies on it and feminists made him cry

so basically create a no true scotsman fallacy just because it helps their narrative

You're gonna love this
>scientists lands a rocket on a moving asteroid
>huge fuckong accomplishment
>HSIC comes did the interview in a somewhat racy shirt
>the somewhat racy shirt is anything people can talk about
>people are badgering the scientist
>biggest accomplishment life is followed soon after an apology of wearing a shirt on TV

You're right, everyone should see every Adam Sandler comedy before they can say he's not funny.
And they should watch his new one to evaluate their opinion yearly.

yeah, the internet is a weird place

Guy lands a probe on a comet and because he wore a shirt with sexy women on it, feminists gave him shit. It's important to note that the shirt was gift from a female friend

I would rather it bombs so hard it kills the idea of making a reboot with rule 63 of the cast. So that whenever someone brings the idea up in a meeting someone goes "but what about the ghostbusters reboot". Irrelevance will make people forget, I want it to be an example.

They're like Englishmen and Scots. Or Welshmen and Scots. Or the Japanese and Scots. Or Scots and other Scots.

Damn women, they ruined feminism!

It's not a no true scotsman fallacy because it's not adopting a private definition of "woman" to exclude undesirable examples. It's just a reluctance to criticize women, whether they're making a film or criticizing that same film, thus ostensibly putting themselves on opposite sides of a conflict.

Come on guys.
There has to be some terrible film you've seen that had a good trailer which made you want to see it and then regret wanting to see it.

Cinemassacre: 2,065,134 subscribers
comicbookgirl19: 455,324 subscribers
might have something to do with it

Yeah, your right but it just seems like such a weird narrative to take. I feel like there is a term for it and I may be forgetting it though

Y O U V E J U S T M A D E A N E N E M Y F O R L I F E

And there has got to be at least one movie trailer which made you think "that looks like shit" and you never watched the movie.

Well, there was a cartoon based on the 1998 Godzilla movie, and that cartoon was one of the best cartoons of the past 20 years...

This is now a thread to post the pin-ups and cheesecake of EGS.

If anything it's just a slightly patronizing kind of hypocrisy.

and sometimes the film with the shit trailer turns out to be good.

Exception that proves the rule.

Unnecessary:

I love how the Black lady's face totally says "This is everything I wanted"

So we are kind of hoping for the best from the worst overall

I see what your saying, maybe we should make a name for that kind of delusion

You're arguing that you can't say something is shit without doing it.

Im saying you can.

Saying that sometimes it can turn out good isn't a counter argument.

I just want to have some SFW fun on Sup Forums.

the watchmen
cloverfield
the matrix reloaded
Prometheus
Man of Steel
i was soo excited for these fucking movies man

Hi tumblr.

the trailers were literally Adam Sandler tier. What more do you expect from shitty Sony?

and that's why i'm going to stay the fuck away from drama surrounding the new GB film until it actually comes out.

>people are trying to ruin other people's lives because they dislike a movie

He's right you know.