First reactions to Suicide Squad

so apparently DC/WB is holding test screenings of an early cut of the movie. here are the reactions so far

Other urls found in this thread:

moviepilot.com/posts/3452155
comicbookmovie.com/batman_vs_superman/the-first-reactions-from-the-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-a132330
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Based Ayer.

I knew we could trust in him.

>insert BvS initial reactions here

This.

My favorite were those two Paki dudes.

I actually think Suicide Squad is going to be good and I always thought BvS was going to be awful from the moment hearing it was actually "Batman vs Superman" but I'll give a studio-picked test screening all the trust I'd give a starving dog.

even with my low expectations of the DCEU at the moment, i'm sure this will be good

DC/WB needs to rejig their marketing hard IMO. I don't think a single thing they've done for this movie in marketing has improved opinion of it. The Joker stuff was incredibly cringe. This just won't be taken at face value.

Cant' fuck 'em all up. WB had to produce a decently enjoyable DC movie eventually.

Isn't this the exact same thing that happened with BvS?

Squad does look better but this doesn't mean much.

Post please.

For fans or critics?

I want to know how good was the best character and his money shot

pretty sure early rumours suggested the movies was getting a mixed response at internal test screenings.

My problem with trusting initial reactions, DC or Marvel or otherwise, is that of course the few people who got to see the movie early are going to say they loved it.
They're getting to see an anticipated, usually highly so, movie weeks, sometimes months in advance, the experience they have is likely going to be great, even if the movie's shit.

Apparently random people selected from Civil War screenings

>fun tone
>exciting tone

>"That screening was, we're told, a glowing success - to the point where Zack Snyder's movie received a "standing ovation."
moviepilot.com/posts/3452155

Yay, it's fun!

Yes

You'll almost never see negative negative screening reactions

The few exceptions are with shit like Fant4astic, which anyone could tell the entire time it was going to be disaster due to the muddy production.

Way too early to tell since they're always good at this stage sadly

>Standing ovation

Let me guess, they bribed everyone in the room with Ferraris?

>that midriff
Katana, pls.

Marvel announcing Thunderbolts in 3... 2...

>It's was beautiful

Yeah I dont hold much faith in these opinions, Ill wait to see it myself

Yeah, these people are almost certainly paid or given some swag for attending and basically told to act as PR shills pre-release.

Why do that, they already got a team of rejects and criminals who go on adventures saving the world and shit. GotG was a hit remember?

FUCK YES!

Croc confirmed to survive!!!

>falling for the initial reactions meme
You're better than this Sup Forums.

Gunn wants to do Thunderbolts

>test screenings
Do they normally hold them this early? The movie isn't even out until August.

Whose cock do I have to suck to go to an early screening of the SS?

OMG I HEARD BVS HAD PEOPLE STANDING AND CHEERING IN THE THEATER! WHERE WERE YOU WHEN CAPEKINO ARRIVED

>Put the box right in front of her crotch
BOOOOO

>You're better than this Sup Forums.

Standing ovation, Marvelcucks

Standing ovation

Give up

Capekino is TRULY here

WB really doesn't want to fuck this up

>You're better than this Sup Forums.
No we aren't.

If y'all give a shit about John Ostrander he's doing a kickstarter thing just now. It'd be nice to get it funded to the level where extra pages are put in.

>implying i don't have a reminder set

To be fair everyone at my local theater did a standing ovation after the movie ended.

There were only 2 times when I apreciated that phenomenon. During MJ's This is it and BvS.

Pretty cringeworthy.

I want it to do well. Hell I want him to write more than a one-shot for DC again.

The next step is to hold the review embargo until the last minute and simultaneous world release.

I don't believe you

About BvS, This Is It I can believe

my theatre cheered twice during BvS. When WW showed up and at the end. I cheered too.

Trust me, it happened.

I dont live in America so both times were really weird things to see. I dont know if its more common to clap over there.

really want to visit WB studios again to see this exhibit. Last time I went was just after MOS was released and they had a bunch of costumes.

Maybe they were clapping because it was over and they were free?

I used to work at a theater and almost every midnight showing of a comic book movie gets an insane amount of clapping and a bunch of weird guys trying to give standing ovations. It's different everywhere though

Wow, no standing ovation like with BvS?

>I threw a rock at him confirmed

That would be amazing

would love to see a montage scene with Batman just taking down each member of the Squad and throwing them in prison

>so apparently DC/WB is holding test screenings of an early cut of the movie. here are the reactions so far
Are we seriously still paying attention to these?

Yeah seriously this. Also Fant4stic

muh nigga.

Daily reminder Johns reworked the third act and got promoted to Head of DC films

>sublime fusion

Of course he does. He can appear in Batman movies.
Slipknot and Diablo are the ones with no chances.

Sup Forums will meme Johns so hard he'll end up raped by rhinos.

>implying BvS wasn't amazing

So Disney shills don't exist but WB sholls do.

Maybe not a montage, but popular speculation is that the time in the bar drinking is where they tell each other stories about themselves and the heroes they've faced. Maybe some stuff about doing good for once and hero/villain things.

I think SS will be better but yeah proceed with caution.

Siegw Rhinos?

Deadshot has always been my favorite in the comics, but I'm guessing movieverse I'll go with Boomer too, since I doubt Will Smith will be anything like his comic book counterpart.

Slipknot's definitely a goner, but Diablo might make it, he's getting a larger role in the books after all.

get yo meme britches on, boy

GrainOfSalt.jpg

If we were on /tg/, yes. But since this is Sup Forums, Rocksteady will take one for the team.

That was an executives only screening. This just seems to be a random test screening. BvS didn't even do test screenings.

This a SKWAD thread so take it somewhere else.

>filename.jpg

Why rhinos?

>test screenings

>insert BvS initial reactions here

except people were more cautious with what they said and hardly any of them did outright say it was brillant, the one who said "if you liked MoS, you'll like this" was an obvious giveaway.

I liked MoS and was utterly dissapointed by BvS.

Same here

I liked both.

Both do.

That's why you should disregard everything any critic says and just see something yourself and make up your own mind.

what I was trying to say is, going by that comment, it was obvious it wasn't gonna be the brillant masterpiece some thought I'd be, if even MoS was devisive at best.

Im super excited for this movie

I thought you were talking about SS but I guess they can always count on being selected into a suicide squad.

>except people were more cautious with what they said and hardly any of them did outright say it was brillant
comicbookmovie.com/batman_vs_superman/the-first-reactions-from-the-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-a132330

Get on with the times

Can't he write directly for Vertigo or Image? He's famous enough for that

God, i want to fuck that goblin so much it hurts.

At least we know the new logo looks good on clothes.