Amazing Spider-man 2

Why did this movie receive so much hate?
Garfield is an amazing Spider-man (arguably less so as Parker), Electro is badass,
In my opinion best Spidey costume in all of the movies.
Great soundtrack.
Harry/Goblin was not that good, I admit that.
Gwen dying was impactful.

I usually only hear bad things about this movie and I don't find that it's justified.
What are your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yEz_zs67hwY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm jealous Spider-Man didn't invite me to his Snapchat.

>Mos thread
>Asm 2 thread
Now we only need a F4ntastic thread and the unholy god will rise.

I think Andrew Garfield > Tom Holland.
I think I like ASM aunt may better

>ASM 2 Electro
>badass

See, that's where you went wrong, user.

I still never got around to watching the second one, but the first one was great. Garfield was also a way better spiderman than Tobey.

>Gwen dying was impactful.
I hope this is a pun, and you're not seriously implying that scene wasn't laughable.

In my case I genuinuely couldn't get past the first 10(?) minutes wherein Spiderman lets at least 3 families die just so he can save Jamie Foxx.

Joy, another Sup Forums thread.

I wanna see more of Holland before I say anything. At least one stand alone movie before I make up my mind.
But thusfar, Andrew is my fav spoods

The plot is a fucking mess. Peter's decisions the entire movie made no sense at all and didn't drive anything forward. Every scene with Gwen dragged on awkwardly. It wasn't even cute or romantic or anything it just made me think "I wish this bitch would die already". Most of the decisions the made seemed to be more about executives wanting to set up an extended universe so the movie was all about sequel fodder.
Best portrayal of Spider-man in movies hands down (until Civil War) but not a good movie by any means.

They all crossed on red so they got what was coming to them.

I just watched the first ASM movie for the first time and I thought Peter scenes were mostly awkward and boring, but the Spidey scenes were ok. The pacing felt really off.

>not liking the pwen chemistry
I'll snap ya neck bruv.

From the death to after all the mourning at the graveyard, during all that time my mind was going "fuuuuuuck shit got real"

All of the things you like are superficial outside of Gwen dying (which wasn't impactful) and the soundtrack (DUBSTEP ELECTRO).

twas glorious

Rebooted too fast and so much crap jammed in that they couldnt have any character development.
Also, lol @ Sony Distancing to try to pull the same to Ghostbusters.

It was shit.

>duuuh why did Batman vee Superman get so much hate?

That's what you sound like.

This was the best Spidey we've gotten until Holland came along, and the romance was astonishing in comparison to the dogshit that is the Spiderman trilogy

When it comes to villains, the original trilogy did it better

Come check out the SUPERIOR Spider-Man
swimelodeon.com

Get in here Civil War just started.

>Why did this movie receive so much hate?
FLY INVINCIBLE WEB HAND

you need to stop shilling that site

The story wasn't about Spider-Man being a hero, it was up its own ass about The Mystery of Oscorp. Garfield was a shitty Peter and as much as we like Spider-Man, Peter Parker is his core.

>Great soundtrack.
Lolno

youtube.com/watch?v=yEz_zs67hwY

Oh wow, that's just embarassing

That was such a dumb moment to have in the middle of an otherwise superb, emotional scene.

Off topic: Any good free online comic sites you can recommend?

It juggled way too many characters and plots. It was a disjointed mess of scenes.

They rushed the shit out of Harry.

Tiny web hand.

Because it's not a movie. It's a trailer for future movies.

tough mudder, color run, hot yoga, nbd

Its a Sinister Six preview that forgot to have an actual plot.

Also Green Goblin exists solely to murder Gwen Stacy.

Sup Forumsposting aside, all I've seen of either ASM is 2's Electro finale, and I couldn't believe how eye-wateringly bad the CGI was. How does that happen?

Amy Pascal, Avi Arad, and Tom Rothman

Toss out Rhino, build Harry and Peter's friendship without going Goblin, and focus on developing Electro and MAYBE this movie could have worked out. At the end of the day though, its a 2 hour long trailer for the Sinister Six

Too much going on

>waste 10 minutes on badass intro to not even reveal his father's alive
>Norman/Harry stuff outta nowhere
>Electro never really gets expounded upon
>The odd way they handled the romance
>The secret train car thing that never really amounts to anything.
>FOOORRR YOOOOU FOOOOR YOOOUUU
>The whole Gwen/Goblin thing at the end
>The excessively long epilgoue with the shitty CGI Rhino