Were the first 2 series of Skins kino?

Were the first 2 series of Skins kino?

3 was tolerable at best, and the cast in 5-6 was dire, but the first 2 were great. Chris best character.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XWcpkNbIJZg
youtube.com/watch?v=edE3cEhM0Mg
youtube.com/watch?v=rY8OUjxzBhs
youtube.com/watch?v=6WO19rvu3t8
youtube.com/watch?v=ONYR6f1TIEU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>wah wah middle class teenage problems: the show

What happens to girls who look like this in prison?

Kinda
they're dumb as fuck and aimed at teenagers, but there's something really watchable about it and it makes me very nostalgic
SE3/4 was mostly shit but had a couple of great characters to keep watching
I coudn't get more than a few episodes through 5 it was so bad.

>middle class
pic related

Season 3 Naomi and Emily, Season 4 Cook was ultimate Skins Kino.

It was good until they made Effy all depressed and then had the psychiatrist kill that brown kid.

Holy shit I forgot all about that
that was retarded

>tfw i remember Katie and Emily

Making Tom into a retard at the end of s1 was a mistake

Season 1 Finale where Sid and Part of the cast Start singing wild World is 10/10, still Makes me emotional

S7 was a mistake

tony? i liked that, it really contrasted with his arsehole chad personality from s1.
i think the point was you're meant to think tony is cool, then realise he's a cunt, then he gets hit by the bus and slowly realises he was a cunt as he gets his cognitive abilities back.

>Tony

Oh yeah, dont know were i got Tom from. Havn't watched it since it aired i guess

Nah it just made the second season a pain to watch though because he was a sperg

The Cook one was OK

I want to fuck cassie on a trampoline while high on pills. FUCK.

This so much

It just made me mad. Everyone to got laid in that show.
Made me wish I was born in England.

youtube.com/watch?v=XWcpkNbIJZg

Skins is the epitaph of a teen culture that existed for only a brief moment in history, somewhere between the nokia 3320 and the n95.

You're all nostalgic for a place and a time that no longer exists, lost to the inescapable tide of ever accelerating modernity.

Effy is the avatar for every girl you ever loved but never had and couldn't save.

There's nothing to come home to.

Poor attempt at trying to be philosophical.

Delete this

They're kino if you're in your 20's reliving the mad shit you did when you were 14-19, but that's about it.

>This is Frankie now

>woah this thing that wasn't made for me doesn't appeal to me
i usually don't like Stewart Lee but wow, really makes you think

looks like if Maisie Williams got a tonne of work done, not bad

Is pic related in it much or not?

Not really, she does a slutty dance number in one episode if I remember right

That's a shame. I think I saw her on Dani's House when I was like 11 and had a crush on her. She doesn't seem to do an awful lot now though.
Everyone always says the first few series of Skins is good, so I'll give it a watch anyway. Sounds like it goes the way of Misfits.

It's a product of its time, and that time ended about season 4

I dislike that each group liked each other less and less as the series wore on, and how claustrophobic it became. Series 1-2, they were all friends and had other friends they hung out with. Parents played a role in their lives and had their own going ons. Series 2-4, there's more animosity, and no one else in the cast, just unnamed classmate background characters. Series 5-6, they all hate each other and never hang out as a group. There's constant switching of allegiances. There's also no one in town and I don't think they even attend school.

Shame she has an insufferable personality.

Nah, it's just the writers degrading talents, the first generations writing about the poofter and muslim being friends is totally different in tone and simplicity to the ridiculous drug dealing Morocco plot

all i remember about skins is that effy was cute and the ending to season 4 was fucking shit

>the episode they flew to Russia and Dev Patel got chased with an axe for fucking a random bird he found in the woods
>The "was it all in his head?" Episode when Tony goes to some college for a day and gets a tattoo
>Freddie getting beaten to death out of absolutely nowhere
>Thomas saves everyone's lives by beating a gangster at a chilli eating contest
>Cassie moves to new York and Sid follows her in a micro-arc they tried to cram into the last two minutes of the series and is never resolved
>Cast all break the fourth wall to mine a Cat Stevens song
This show was mental, it's as if the writers hated the show and tried to ruin it every episode. Can't believe it got greenlit, let alone that it became popular in the mainstream.

S3E1 is the only kino episode of skins.
>First day of school
>New year group are given a list of misdemeanours which will get them instantly expelled
>Cook and Freddie compete to do all of them on the first day
>First one to complete the list gets to bang Effie

Cook was the best character

Are the 3 Skins films kino? Pure, Rise, and Fire?
Is the US version good?

Those are the only Skins stuff I haven't watched yet. I liked them all desu. Gave me feels of envy from the characters' eventful lives then realizing afterwards that I was lucky mine wasn't that eventful.

That feel when no good racy edgy teen drama currently airing

Ass2ass was kino.

these are the only good opinions. if only Cook had been in the first 2 series. Skins Rise was absolute fire

a teacher obsessed with Effy kills Freddy, get away with it and Cook finds out, goes to his house and beats him to death. the evidence is clear and therefore he is then on the run. Skins Fire (Effy's one) was shit because I wanted her to be utterly destroyed by the end of the series

fuck you it was great

>random & quirky
it embodied the 2000's zeitgeist perfectly m8

season one - kino
season 2 - .....sparks shooting off a skateboard and ketchup

DROPPED.

youtube.com/watch?v=edE3cEhM0Mg

skins kino

What I liked about Skins the most is that it had a great soundtrack across all its series.

Cool!

>wah I didn't grow up in a middle class house so I can't relate

youtube.com/watch?v=rY8OUjxzBhs
Soundtrack Kino

Heh, I guess you can say it truly was the Days of Our Lives

Also
Cassie moves to new York and Sid follows her in a micro-arc they tried to cram into the last two minutes of the series and is never resolved
This is semi-resolved in series 7

wasn't this show about underage kids doing drugs and butt fucking each other? it sounds really progressive so progressive

this
>not youtube.com/watch?v=6WO19rvu3t8
dude...
unironically my favourite moment of the entire show I reckon

>no fun allowed
can you turn the Sup Forums off for like ten seconds no?

>Crystal Castles
Fuck, I'd totally forgotten the time when chiptune was semi-normi

>he was never invited

season3 and 4 were literally better than 1 and 2. Cook alone is one of the best written characters on television.

his redemption arc is great

The road takes a hold on you

His mom is literally a millionaire

1-4 are terrific, but 1&2 being the only good seasons is a shitty b8 meme

3-4 is realistic to friendships. if you had any in high school, you'd understand that.

Sid was amazing
the whole should have been around this poor bastard
He got me good
youtube.com/watch?v=ONYR6f1TIEU

don't speak of the us version. cook's eps in s7 are the only worthwhile

unless you want to see effy get fucked by a CEO jackass

ending to s4 was fucking amazing. cook redeeming himself and avenging his friend. you'll literally never be, nor have a friend like Cook

>tfw you were Cook when younger
>Now all you do is drink every day and pretend you haven't lost control of your life
How did it come to this?

you have to grow up, but at the same time continue being youthful.

if you were the charismatic fun cook, and not the asshole angry shit cook, then all doors open for you.

channel redemption cook, not push everyone away cook

You hung out with the same 4-5 people in high school and no one else? Didn't even casually talk to classmates in school? You or your friends didn't have parents or just happen to not be around when you or a friend were at home? Did you town consist of 3 people to who just sat in the same pub, so it didn't feel so empty? Did you have psychotic friend you hated because he fucked you over numerous times, maybe even fucked your girl, but still hung out with anyways?

This is fiction, so it's not surprising of all three groups, the second was the most boring. Outside of the psychotic friend, everyone was just moody.

It's weird how out of place Cooke is compared to the caricatures he's surrounded by
Cooke v Tony needed to happen

Just watch season 1 and 5, everything else is optional. Hated season 3-4 and I dropped 6 after first episode.

It's compete fucking shit

5? That's a hot take
Any particular reason? I hated every single main character. Mini was fucking fit but other than that I can't see any redeeming qualities

I thought 5 had pretty unique characters, the Heavy Metal guy had a pretty good episode. 3-4 has effy and they are all pretty much duchebag druggies. It also has an uber cringy ending.

was anyone else weirdly attracted to Pandora? before she got the bbc I mean

take your poor privilege elsewhere scum.

she was just a shit version of Cassie, a far better sporkgirl

makes the classic mistake that portrayal is advocacy

Cringe

Don't really agree with him here. I don't get why people think Skins is so unrealistic and that the Inbetweeners is the true depiction of British teenage life. I'd say for me it was kind of a middle ground.

too bad she's a SJW

degrassi is better than this wibbly wobby minty fresh pip pip cheerio shit