Why can't Americans do a British accent, yet British seem to do American accents easily?

Why can't Americans do a British accent, yet British seem to do American accents easily?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3ixWyHcvDJo
youtu.be/XILgr9LWesI
youtube.com/watch?v=LkxBS6GGDLs
youtube.com/watch?v=gPlpphT7n9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

More exposure to American accents because of movies and tv.

British theatre school.

Most of them are pretty obvious mate, you're probably just too stupid to notice

Commonwealthfags can't do an American accent for shit. Brits can because we're just better at everything (we invented the internet and modern society). Americans are too self-centered to care about anything outside America.

american women can do it. it's only the men who can't,

Yet in this same movie you have loads of examples of Americans doing perfect english accents. Sean Astin legit nailed the south-country accent which alot of english people themselves struggle with. Not to mention Viggo Mortensen.

Because their English "accents" are fake. Look at how many English singers suddenly lose them when they sing.

youtu.be/3ixWyHcvDJo

Renee zelweger

Her accent is shit

because British actors take acting far more seriously

it's decent. as is portman's in v for memedetta. and a few others. far more convincing than any male actors.

Why would i do an inferior accent?

Lol no he fucking didn't, and the word you're looking for is westcountry

No, I meant south-country and yes he fucking did.

I like that we're the inverse, Australians can't do anything but nobody can do Australian.

Because the American accent is literally how old brits used to speak

The modern """"British"""" accent is a modern invention

>americans cant do british accents

do they teach this myth in your schools or something?

Brits doing America accents.... the last spiderman couldn't get it right after a year of voice coaching.

youtu.be/XILgr9LWesI

It's easy as fuck to do an english accent. I'm not even a native english speaker and I can do a british accent that brits have told me was 100% believable.

No they can't do American accents easily. Most they can do is stereotypical valley and southern accent. It's typically obvious.

It's actually true; with some variance, eg. boston and rhode island accents are closer to british accents than standard modern american.

Speaking as someone from Georgia, Brits tend to do better with Southern accents than your average Californian/New Yorker. I think it's because a really thick Southern accent can sound downright Irish at times, which is understandable.

youtube.com/watch?v=LkxBS6GGDLs

South-country isn't a region, you dumb American. It's not something anyone has ever said. What possibly makes you believe you know more on this subject than me?

I'm from the south-country, you utter twat. Who are you to lecture me about Americanism and locations? Fact check: I've said "south-country" so it is something someone has ever said.

Just fuck off already you cunt, there is NO SOUTH COUNTRY!! The term does not exist, at all. It IS West country, now piss off.

Because nothing outside of america matters.

With a crooked smile and a heart-shaped face
Comes from the South country where the birds sing bass
She's got a house-big heart where we all live
And plead and council and forgive
Her widow's peak, her lips I've kissed
Her glove of bones at her wrist
That I have held in my hand
Her Spanish fly and her monkey gland
Her Godly body and its fourteen stations
That I have embraced, her palpitations
Her unborn baby crying, "Mummy"
Amongst the rubble of her body
Her lovely lidded eyes I've sipped
Her fingernails, all pink and chipped
Her accent which I'm told is "broad"
That I have heard and has been poured
Into my human heart and filled me
With love, up to the brim, and killed me
And rebuilt me back anew
With something to look forward to
Well, who could ask much more than that?
A South country girl with a big fat cat
That looks into her eyes of green
And meows, "He loves you", then meows again

There's more incentive for a British actor to learn an American accent. No American actor grows up hoping to make it to England for all the awesome roles they'll get.

And some British actors suck at it. Even good ones like Tim Roth or Ewan Mcgreggor.

because brits are exposed to american accents more often from a young age, and they also want to be american.

The FUCK is this shit you fucking scrub lord. So what is some gayass poet says south country, it doesn't matter, the term is meaningless. Ever read the jabberwockey? Yeah, poems can be nonsense, like this one you tool. Maybe that one is just set in America, not England, fucking idiot.

Orlando bloom is British and his British accent is worse than frodos

>two angry bongs
Top laugh

It's true. Nonrhoticity only came about in the last 150 years or so.

American is a dumbed down version of British. So it's easier.

jesus christ that physically hurt

>South-country
fuck off you're obviously lying

>One tiny aspect of an accent is the same
>Therefore they're totally identically guys
Just think how retarded the theory is. America takes in millions of immigrants from non-English speaking countries, with their own accents and intonation, and somehow the UK is the one that changes more? Villages that have existed for thousands of years have bigger changes than a city like Boston?

What 's a British accent? Sounds like communism to me.

I've never heard a British actor pull off a convincing Midwestern accent.

>south-country
What the FUCK is the "south-country"?

t. someone ACTUALLY from the south west

You realise I ACTUALLY am from the westcountry, so I obviously can't be fooled by your bullshit. What did you hope to gain from this lie? How did you see this playing out? Did it not occur to you that you're making any assertion many people already know to be false?

Can't try and learn it when you don't even know what it is tbqh. To a Brit, there is the plain "American" accent, and there is the "redneck" accent.

everyone can do american pig accent, not just britbongs

ITT: bongs argue with another bong who has a compass and call him dumb for knowing directions

>not American
>thinks he matters

There are least 20 different kinds of "British" accent but the only one yanks hear is RP

The Midwestern accent is the plain accent over here, and I've never seen a Brit pull off a convincing one. They same to be better at East coast accents like Boston or New York.

You mean where the 13 colonies were ?

Brit here. You're a fucking moron mate, rhoticity/non-rhoticity is a huge part of the way we speak. Go and read a book you insufferable cunt

Somme off us cahn, my good fellew.

>youtube.com/watch?v=gPlpphT7n9s
oh yeah sounds totally American

I never understand why you see Americans doing accents like this. Have you never heard a British person?

You're joking right?

Lets go ahead and use the walking dead as an example, since you faggots love to spam threads about that garbo show.

lincoln, cohan, and james line delivery fluctuates between super forced and stilted, to downright comical.

It's like if you've ever heard someone talk who had to over come a severe speech impediment when they were younger. They have a very deliberate and unnatural way of speaking, because they have to be conscious of sounding out every word. There's just no flow to it and it throws up red flags in the back of your mind.

The only one who gets a pass is morrissey since his character was a legit psycho so any odd ticks could be played off as part of the character.

d'ya like dags?

If you say "beer can" in a British accent, it sounds like you're saying "bacon" in a Jamaican accent

>The Walking Dead is full of garbage actors
Damn, really made me think.

Holy FUCK

>OP: "brits are good at american accents"
>me: "no they aren't, here are some examples"
>you: "THAT DOSENT COUNT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

calm down kid

Not him but how did you possibly get the idea that he was angry?

>british can do american accents easily

its the easiest thing to tell if a brit is doing an american accent

>going full autism for no reason
Calm down kid

Viggo has a nice voice but I wouldn't say his accent was too convincing tbqh. Astin did a very good job.

A king can play the hobo, but a hobo can't play a king

Because British actors almost universally go through theatre school and it's extremely common for people to have stage experience before they transition to film. They've just had much more practice.

The british can't do American accents most of the time. I can instantly tell when they aren't from here. Christian Bale in particular can't do it. He over enunciates to compensate.

Im the guy that actually posted this, i meant west-country, pls no figthing thanks dad god bless

Actually not all of them can do it. Like Fassbender. It just sounds off but I agree they sound passable unlike a Yank doing a Brit.

>yet British seem to do American accents easily?
no

It's easier to pretend to be a retard than pretend to be educated.

Why cant adult Americans do basic math and science asian children learn at age 12?

ITS A LAND OF STUPID KUKS BRO

Can i save it

REEEEEEEEEEEEE what is this trash

It's all yours, friend!

Can the Sup Forumstards posting reaction images fuck off thanks

why are you reeing at this? looks kinda ok. shame about the whole spoiling thing.

>There are least 20 different kinds of "British" accent
I think this is the problem. You argue that most American accents are relatively similar, but British accents seem to fluctuate wildly despite the country's size. Americans exposed to British media/actors are going to hear all sorts of different British accents and if they try to recreate this accent, they'll probably pull bits and pieces from multiple different ones creating an unauthentic frankenstein british accent