Alien 3

So Sup Forums, are you finally ready to admit that the assembly cut of 3 is the third best Alien film?

but it is. Honestly, what's left to compare? Resurrection, both AVPs, Prometheus and Covenant were shite compared to it.

That's my point. For years 3 has been relentlessly shit on but it's a masterpiece compared to Resurrection, the AvP flicks, Prometheus and Covenant. It's time for the shitting to stop, it's time for people to admit that the assembly cut of 3 is good.

Alien > Prometheus > Alien: Covenant > Alien 3 > Alien: Resurrection > Aliens

Wow, I actually agree with that.
Thought I was the only one

I hated Aliens because it turned the Xeno into another shitty easy to kill monster

>being this contrarian

Alien > Aliens > Alien 3 > Prometheus > Covenant > Resurrection

Did you actually watch Aliens? Because it really doesn't do that.

Instead we see two elite units of soldiers get absolutely crushed by an enemy they consistently underestimate. The xenomorphs outmanoeuvre, outwit and outright slaughter all but three characters besides Ripley, and of those one is permanently disfigured and the other ends up bifurcated.

They didn't have any way to fight it in the first movie, so you can't really say that with any kind of certainty.

Haven't seen Covenant. But this order I agree with. Watched 3 yesterday only the first half is solid. Once the Doctor is dead however it becomes painfully obvious that Ripley fighting the Aliens again - a THIRD time around - in that big universe - is just unconvincing and campy.

I don't even know if I've seen the assembly cut but I've always thought 3 was very decent. I'm a sucker for space prisons/industry though, this and the Riddick game are some of my favorite fictional settings.

assembly cut has an oxen victim instead of the dog, I think.

Correct.
Watch the assembly cut if you haven't, it's much better than the theatrical cut.

One of the things I like most of the Assembly Cut is that their plan to lock the Alien in the waste area actually works. Theatrical has them accidentally torching the whole place and accepting defeat.

Samefag

Nope, sorry

damn you caught me

your taste is for shit
but youre gun get drafted to die in asia so it dont matter
enjoy the cockmeat sandwhich. its all the army serves now..

Gotta put Covenant last

Resurrection had Ron Pearlman so that instantly makes it better

Rank the Alien series.