Why don't they ever talk about this episode anymore? It seems like it would be even more relevant these days...

Why don't they ever talk about this episode anymore? It seems like it would be even more relevant these days. Are they ashamed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tSeek1ouq7A
nytimes.com/2011/09/25/magazine/talk-trey-parker-and-matt-stone-of-south-park.html?_r=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who is they?

>When kyles testicle knees explode
Not much gets to me but that got to me. Oh god.

Because it's awfully outdated.

Comedy Central played this episode this week.

>EXPLODING KNEES

I brought it up on Sup Forums all last season, 'cause of all the topical faggotry. I don't recall Matt & Trey ever expressing regret or shame at any South Park episode.

>I don't recall Matt & Trey ever expressing regret or shame at any South Park episode.
Actually that's a half way decent point you make. I don't think they ever said a word about that episode they did about the Jonbennet Ramsey case where they really pointed the finger at the parents who were subsequently completely exonerated years after by DNA evidence. I'm not a lawyer, but that sounds like they definitely have the makings for a decent case of defamation of character, if not outright slander depending on if they could prove it hurt them financially or disrupted their standing in their community. It kind of seems like these guys have a history of getting a bunch of stuff wrong.

Its the only episode I didn't know existed for the longest time because they never rerun it. A friend back in highschool described it and I didn't believe them.

People with way better cases and way more resources have tried. They are legally invincible at this point.

When is trey and matt ever gonna do an episode about musicians and the illumanti

seems like something they'd do

That sucks because that's really not okay. They have a giant platform to speak to millions of people all over the world (in perpetuity through syndication and the internet) and they get to abuse it like that. I'd venture to guess more people know about that episode of South Park than ever heard that the parents were exonerated- it happened so many years later that it wasn't even a big news story. And then they have the nerve to get on their moral high horse about Rob Reiner, or Scientology, or whoever is in the news and call other people hypocrites. Shit's not right.

That is the fault of the news outlets, not the South Park creators. The latter don't claim to be remotely right or accurate.
>It's not okay that they can say whatever they want in jest even though they're not actually hurting anyone.
Eat all the dicks. Yes it is.

>>It's not okay that they can say whatever they want in jest even though they're not actually hurting anyone.
You misunderstand, my point was that there's a strong case to be made that they most certainly WERE hurting the parents in that situation. If the parents got death threats and had to move, if they couldn't find a decent place to live because everyone knew who they were and didn't want them around, if they were fired or coerced to quit their jobs- if that came as a result of their satirical cartoon show, then yes it definitely hurt them. And it's frustrating to think they can't even think about legal action because as was stated earlier Trey and Matt have CC and Viacom behind them so they're bulletproof. That's more than hurt feelings.

It was clearly a joke.
youtube.com/watch?v=tSeek1ouq7A

>Trey and Matt have CC and Viacom behind them
South Park Studios has it's own legal team. They are bulleproof because they know where the lines are, and rather than crossing them, point them out for comedic effect. CC very much does not have their backs.

U don't think I've seen this one, which is it?

This would imply that Matt and Trey started an opinion that didn't already exist. It's not like people didn't know about it and then saw it on south park and made up their made about it based on jokes in a cartoon.

Still refuse to rewatch that one when watching old episodes, something about knowing they were testicles really fucks with you

Because you have to be older than 18 to post on this site.

I think the episode with the transgender bathroom kind of updated their opinion on the issue without directly bringing up whatever their current opinion of this particular episode is. The bathroom one gave me the idea that they kind of changed their minds on the whole thing, without coming out and expressing regret over making this one, and not defending it either.

Yeah. It kinda fucked with my head.

Yeah, you're right it was definitely a joke, and it's still a pretty solid one too. I just think it's fucked up they not only had their daughter murdered, but on that they had it mocked and had their integrity called into question and after it was all over only a very small percentage of people who saw the show found they didn't kill their daughter.

I get what you're saying, that they're artists not journalists and cartoon shows don't print retractions. But the fact is they got death threats because of it, so that makes them irresponsible and shitty artists and kind of invalidates their message. I'm not suggesting you shouldn't be able to make jokes, I just think that family should have some sort of chance at compensation for what those jokes put them through.

Cut the vague crap, what was this episode about?

>updated their opinion
The show is not their opinions. And the two episodes don't contradict each other anyway. It was Cartman.

Transgenders and their silly bathroom rules.

You could just look it up yourself, but I'll indulge you anyway. It's the one where Mr Garrison gets a sex change and shortly thereafter Kyle has surgery to make him taller and more black so he'd be good at basketball, and Kyle's dad has surgery to make him more like a dolphin. I'll let you guess what the general message was.

Calling trannies out for being mentally ill.

No, the bathroom thing was a different ep. This one was transgenders and sex changes.

How would I be able to look it up without an episode name?

>But the fact is they got death threats because of it,
See S14E02, fag.

This is why even Matt and Trey make fun of the SP audience and the past 7 seasons have been such lowest common denominator bait. It was a dig at transhumanism you mong.

It's the first 3 results of a reverse image search, you helpless child.

I stopped watching in 2006, so I read the synopsis on wikipedia. It doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the discussion, no clue why you would reference that ep.

CLEVELAND SHOW DID IT CLEVELAND SHOW DID IT

Transhumanism is sexy cyborg girlsand such. Functional body mods, not vain ones.

I'll discuss South Park with you on Sup Forums, but you gotta watch it fag.

What's a reverse image search?

Not really. In fact it was prescient.

The entire concept of the episode is that the whole concept of transgenderism is ridiculous because you cannot change your biological sex, only become a horrid parody of what you want to be but never truly being it. This is emphasized by Garrison's low effort/non-attempts a passing, ramped up in ridiculous by Kyle being transracial and then taken to the extreme of that point with Kyle's dad becoming a horrific mutant due to his desire to be a dolphin.

Like I said, the episode was 10 years ahead of its time since all of that shit is now out in the mainstream and the being a low effort tranny who wouldn't pass even a half glance is basically dead on.

Give it up.

I actually agree with you, but this is definitely the wrong forum to make this kind of argument and expect anything but scorn. Other websites might be able to see how fucked up the morality is of Trey and Matt using their show as a platform to demonize some parents based on petty rumor, but current Sup Forums is too full of edgy contrarian dicks who can't empathize with anyone. Too much trash washed into here.

Dynamic IP, huh? That's nice.

>the parents who were subsequently completely exonerated years after by DNA evidence

No, they said they regretted it.

nytimes.com/2011/09/25/magazine/talk-trey-parker-and-matt-stone-of-south-park.html?_r=0

It's a good reason to read the FAQ before using this site. That add telling you to do so isn't just for giggles.

No, they said they were wrong. They did not regret it. Nor should they.

Matt and Trey made "The Cissy," which was basically an apology for this episode.

they are bastards?

>Look, Ike! You're daddy's a dolphin!
>mfw

More accurately, Trey said they were wrong about them, he didn't use the word regret. It's nice I guess, but it's definitely not the same. Matt also says earlier in the article
>When someone is arrested for something or pointed at for doing something, our brains go guilty until proven innocent, you know?
That's literally one line before Trey tosses out the throwaway line about how they were wrong about the Ramseys. That's just a horribly irresponsible way of going about making cultural satire. "Get it while it's hot and before someone else disproves it!" should not be your mantra about any socially significant point you're trying to make. That show got seen by millions of people, and that line that was almost an apology got buried at the bottom of a fluff piece three years later about their broadway musical.

You really have nothing better to do?

Isn't Caitlyn Jenner DEtransitioning? This feels like it should be said and pointed out.

Neither do you. I'm waiting on the laundry, give me a break.

You're trolling my favorite board. Climb on in there with your laundry, faggot.

Listen, I'm sorry. God forbid your precious board have some discussion beyond threads that start with the word storytime. I like to see what people think, and this is how you find out.

Had to wait out the vehicular homicide.

Imagine if the audio was included.

Matt and Trey don't have a habit of talking about older episodes, except if someone else brings it up.
Besides it seems their ideas on transsexuals have changed with time.

Go drink bleach.

South Park is not trying to make points, though, it's a comedy cartoon, not an opinion newspaper.

She isn't. The journalist who said that lied.