What are some of the most common lies that cartoons try to push?

What are some of the most common lies that cartoons try to push?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lqG54RHw-Uo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kids HATE vegetables xd
Kids think School is LAME lol
Its so funny being STUPID right?

Just the puppetmasters pushing their growth-stunting, anti-intellectual agenda to more easily control the masses when they grow into malnourished, empty-headed adults.

someone post the video

Status Quo exists and no matter how big the problem is it will always get resolved in a short time.

youtube.com/watch?v=lqG54RHw-Uo

I think the biggest and most dangerous bullshit being spread by media in general is that anything can be solved peacefully and reasonably.

Bullies are just misunderstood and they really just want to be friends with you

>siblings hate each other
>rich people are the devil
>the popular kids are assholes
>jocks are borderline retarded bullies
>cheerleaders are mean-sprited, vapid and manipulative
>nerds are hated and bullied for no reason
>tomboys are attracted to dorky guys
>girls bully each other
>girls like bad boys
>prom is the most important night of your life
I thinks that about covers it

>People hate dodgeball
Who the fuck hated dodgeball? I loved dodgeball and I was awful at it. Everyone in my grade flipped their shit for dodge ball.

that violent revolution is never the answer

>girls bully each other
>a lie

Grills are better than silly dumb boys!

I feel disturbed

>siblings not hating each other

What fantasy fairy world do you live in? I haven't spoken to any of my family in over a decade because I had to put up with their shit for eighteen years.

Difference races can live in harmony.

I'm a scrawny dork and dodge ball was my favorite game. As a matter of fact, it was the only thing I liked about PE

I watched KND too

the only major one I can think of is the dumb dad trope

Except girl do like bad boys

>lockers before High School

>rich people
>not the devil

>girls bullying each other
>girls are attracted to bad guys

These are actually very common. The second not exactly, but rape fantasies and abuse are usually the top seeling romantic stories for woman.

This is some weapons grade fucking retarded shit.

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post....

>You can't have casulo sex or casually make out with people without taking it seriously.

This fucked me up.

So many pussy throw at me, but I just didn't know what to do.

I think you might just be a dick user.
My brother and I have always been really close friends.

Broccoli is fucking delicious

I really like Brussel Sprouts

Why do i get the feeling you're somehow connected to all these user?

My whole family is dicks, myself included. My parents should have been sterilized.

My sister's favorite saying while I was growing up was 'everything was better before you came.'

fucking bitch.

Wait, was Father actually an anti-hero looking out for the best interest of the future generation? That's pretty cool, I don't remember that.

Bullies are just assholes. Even if they have a rough home life no Frank talks between the two of you will stop their shit. They'll still be assholes.

>the popular people in my school were nice
>rich kids were chill and never really bragged about their wealth, only even knew their were rich because their friends would talk about it
>jocks were generally cool people who just happened to like sports

The popular people were popular because they were likable. All the bullies were fucking losers that nobody liked because they were assholes.

Broccoli, along with carrots, is okay-tier.

Peas, green beans and spinach are great-tier.

Beet greens are GOAT.

THIS. And poor people are much more likely to be bitter assholes than someone who is wealthy.

This. If you're not likeable then odds are pretty low that you're a popular kid.

Nearly all of these are often the case. Not absolutes, but common enough trends for a kiddy show theme.

I agree, that's insulting

To the devil

Jocks can't be nerds. I was a living paradox by cartoon rules.

Other people will empathize with you and talking things out can solve most problems, or at least bring you to a mutual understanding with someone.

>Family is the strongest bond
I hate my fucking sister, she raised her kids to be total assholes because "the world is a hard place."

All the people I talked to that knew her were nice fucking people, but they never had anything nice to say about her. She's seriously an asshole to everyone for no reason, she complicates life for herself and everyone around her. Especially our mother, who she blames for her getting herself pregnant, which takes an amazing amount of mental dexterity.

The best lesson she ever taught her kids were:
>You don't need a plan
>You don't need an education
>You don't need an idea
>You don't even need a job
>Just be an asshole because that's how all successful people got successful

>tfw I fell for the "all smart kids are ugly, unattractive losers" meme

Normally works for me.

>Family is the strongest bond
>I hate my fucking sister, she raised her kids to be total assholes because "the world is a hard place."

It actually is, by biollogy and psicology. You just was unlucky.

boy always gets the girl
especially if he stands up to the bully or does something cool
or praises the girl for being like god

>Death isn't permanent. If you're strong or good enough, you'll be brought back to life. Unless you're Uncle Ben.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>good people always win

>Boys always get the girls if you treat them like princesses
>Nerds make better boyfriends than Jocks
>Be persistent with your goals

>that image
I bet that guy browses /r9k/.

Didn't happen in Gravity Falls
Didn't happen in Adventure Time
Didn't happen in Regular Show
Didn't happen in Wonder Over Yonder
Steven Universe started with mutual interest he didn't have to get her

Cartoons don't do that anymore and that's a more typical fiction trend anyway not exclusive to children's media/cartoons.

If you stalk and pester her enough, eventually you will get the girl and not a restraining order.

We got them in middle school.5th Grade. I was so fucking excited because I thought "It's just like my tv shows".

I reacted pretty much the same way when I went on a schoolbus for the first time.

>The bully is sad deep down and if you're nice to him he'll turn into a better person

This trope seems to happen more in dumbass live-action romcoms than cartoons.

>The guy who knocks out the douche at the club
>The guy who knocks out the douche at a wedding reception
>That guy who knocks out the douche on the beach

>you rancid swine

That's true though.

This this this. I tried the diplomacy route when I was bullied in grade school. Guess what? Didn't fucking work. I had to bonk a head or two before people stopped being assholes in my general direction. I learned that from my parents. "user, you're such a sweet boy, and I know you want to be friends with everyone. But not everyone wants to be friends. As a matter of fact, some people are mean. Stay out of their way, and don't get involved with them." And then my mother pulled me in real close before whispering, "...and if they get involved with you, that's when you kick the SHIT outta them."

Love ya too, Ma.

This as well. Dodgeball was Child Combat Catharsis Fun Hour. And the teachers on watch made sure there was no malarkey going on. Spoilt the fun a bit for those with a throwing arm gifted by the gods, but all in all ot was good fun.

>Your father will always be there to support you

>schoolbus for the first time.
you didn't in elementary school?

here in north carolina I think kids get them in middle school as well, I remember I didn't back then, but it might've either been more recent or just not the school I went to. I heard Virginia and California do this too but only in select places? Probably working towards all middle school having them.

I have a wife into school stuff.

I also remember having "cubbies" in elementary school, jesus that was nice, right in the classroom for me to grab a snack

and do you guys remember those desks where the top opened up? or the ones that at least had the cubby under the lid to slide things into? lots of schools have flat desks now

That hasn't been a thing in awhile.

Alex Heirche please leave

Oh, yeah school bus was probably in elementary school.

I just reacted like a goof and sang "Stand Out" with bad lyrics relating to going on a bus while laying down in bed.

kore ga BAIT desu ka, user-senpai?

>If only opening up to a woman was as easy as the opening moves in a chess game.
There's a point where you have to wonder if they're doing it on purpose.

>Gay people are like angels on Earth at best
>Catty at worst
I've met so many gay people who were just complete bastards

Spinach > All other veggies

How is it bait?

This is how it was at my school.
The bullies were just insecure losers who would pick on the autistic kids, then the popular kids would have to step in and tell them to knock it off.

Name these cartoons you're talking about.
Otherwise it sounds like you're just going out of your way to bitch about gays.

>>siblings hate each other

That's pretty common. Sometimes siblings just can't get along at all.

>>rich people are the devil

some can be jerks, but not exactly the devil.

>>the popular kids are assholes

Assholes can be well known for being assholes. But not popular.

>>jocks are borderline retarded bullies

You might get a jock or two who ends up being a bully, but a lot of times they end up being alright folks and aren't retards.

>>cheerleaders are mean-sprited, vapid and manipulative

well, this can happen. Personally I've seen it happen a few times. But, being a cheerleader doesn't instantly make you popular and well liked. You won't be the Queen Bee acting like that.

>>nerds are hated and bullied for no reason

If a nerd is bullied then odds are it's because they look and act like a fucking turbo geek.

>>tomboys are attracted to dorky guys

I don't think I've ever seen this in a show or real life. It seems oddly specific.

>>girls bully each other

This is a 100% truth. Girls bully each other and they can be vicious as fuck about it.

>>girls like bad boys

Truth. Some girls think they can find a bad boy, fix him, and get down to his hidden soft side. Other girls just like the confidence or are bad girls themselves

>>prom is the most important night of your life

to some it is, to some it isn't. Though I wouldn't say your entire life. More like just high school.

These two vary depending on the people in your life.

Some with empathize with you and want to talk things out to come to a better solution, and others won't.

Family can be the strongest bond depending on just who your family members are and it doesn't have to be your entire family. It could really just be one other family member.

No one at my high school used any of the 1000+ lockers there. I don't think the school even bothered giving people lockers, because I never got a locker number besides freshman year.

>you dont have to pretend to be someone else
>I you want someone to like you, just be yourself.

>it's normal to do bad in school
This was the reason I did so bad in elementary and middle school, I just thought it was normal for everyone to do bad at school because the protags always had trouble.
Turns out they just did that to have someone for dumb kids to relate to and not feel alone.

Glad I pulled myself out of that habbit quickly

You can be smart OR active
Effort is for losers
A higher education is worth something even in non-STEM fields

>You can be smart OR active

>Has a high GPA
>AND loves to exercise
Why can't there be athletic nerds?

It doesn't show up in cartoons, obviously, but he's not really wrong.. Sexual minorities are rarely portrayed as anything but perfect, if quirky, people. Except bisexual men; those are usually portrayed as predatory, home-wrecking serial rapists without a conscience... WHEN they are portrayed

>you rancid swine

This guy knows what the ladies want

if the constant whining about bi people in /lgbt/ is anything to go by then that isnt too far from the truth

Not really. Some people bully because they have it rough, but most people bully because they can.

Because they can easily be seem as mary sues.

>A higher education is worth something even in non-STEM fields
>tfw ex-gf has a Masters in English
>goes on social media talking about how great it is living life
>her friends all hate her cause all she does is bitch about her job as a "secretary" (she's a manager at a chain restaurant), get them to pay for her drinks and sleep around like all the time
>I have regular retail job
>don't mind it and pay was raised to $12 from $10 in one year
>Going back to school to study computer work and do job I would at least like a little more and get paid a little more

in modern gym classes, it's 5 athletic kids throwing balls while everyone else huddles in the back

Not all of them are a sob story but there's something wrong with most of them on some level

One, because characters in fiction, like classes in a video game, are subject to balancing. Too stacked, it affects the plot. You need a cast that can play on its members' weaknesses and strengths, just like a boiling liquid in convection.

Two, usually, a jock can get an interest in nerdy hobbies, but nerds rarely take to sports or working out. Because it obviously is more difficult to move from a sedentary lifestyle to an active and outgoing one than the other way around, and some people simply aren't built for the strain of that. I myself loathe working out; I admit it.

>You don't need to put effort into making friends because friends will come to you.

But they don't, it's a made up lie by horny writers

>tfw your girl friends have abusive boyfriends
>whenever you tell them to break up with their boyfriends they get angry with you
ok

why cant i get a girlfriend do i have to be an asshole to girls or something

You have to find your niche.

this is a good plan

Simply put, yes, just don't overdo it

You seriously don't know what a niche is?
At least graduate high school before you start posting here.

I was actively attracted to most of the stereotypical "rich" people not just in cartoons but in all shows/movies as a kid. I saw people discussing fine art and literature, drinking fine wine, wearing fine clothes, and I wanted IN on that even though every single one of them--without exception--was portrayed as either an asshole or a pretentious jackass, even when they were not actually acting better than anyone.

>But not popular.
The problem is that the actual meaning of "popular" is not how the term is used, especially in larger schools where only certain people will be known by the whole class.

it was a joke
please have a sense of humor before posting on a childrens cartoon board

Seriously? It's even worse as a joke. It's so absolutely unfunny it makes me angry.

Smoking being bad for you
Global warming
Sugary foods causing far people
Talking animals

Horses are friendly

having autism is something you should have before posting here too so i cant fault you for that at least

I've never liked horses.

Also, what the fuck is this? And why is she topless?

It's just the wacky family-friendly adventures of Rape Horse.