ITT: movie ruining scenes

ITT: movie ruining scenes

What movie is that?

king arthur

go back to Sup Forums you little MRA faggot

>killed by semantics

But she isn't Jewish?

you don't have to meme so much OP, there is enough shitty scenes in rotk

Well the mace was really absurd but the CGI of him crushing up was really great.

I really like the scene. It was rightly cut from the theatrical release but the scene which annoys me more (yet is incredibly well done) is the Witchking breaking Gandalfs staff. I get it they wanted to counter anyone thinking 'Why doesn't Gandalf just orbital strike Pellenor fields' but it would have been easy exposition to just explain he has to remain a neutral player in the battle like in the book. I mean he chases off the Witchking easily in the book.

Don't be faggot that isn't necessarily why that user is upset. Remember LOTR came out in the early 2000s during the Goth fad and LOADS of kids had massive hard ons for the Witchking and hated on that scene simply because he didn't rape everyone around him enough. Bookfags would back that up too since everyone he fights is cursed and dies of despair there.

>xD no man can kill me]
>then what about a woman
>oh no my true weakness
kys lad. that scene was shit,

WELL

Glorfindel's prophecy was that the witch king wouldn't be killed by the hand of man; Eowyn might not be a man, but she belongs to the race of men. What actually happened was that the Witch King was undone by the hand of a hobbit, namely Merry who stabbed him in the back with one of the blades of Westernesse. They were specifically crafted to fight the magics of Angmar, so you better believe they fucked the guy's magically sustained body up.

Merry doesn't get enough credit, honestly. Eowyn's blow was merely the finishing one.

But Merry isn't a Jew either. Is it saying that Jews aren't people or something. I know Tolkein liked Nazis so maybe it is

fuck you eowyn was awesome

I think you're lost. I know somewhere you might like. Don't be offended, I'm trying to hel. Have you ever been to this little place called 'reddit'. I think you'll fit right it.

Eowyn was awesome, but she didn't fulfill the prophecy. Merry did.

2D wins again.

merry did not kill him

looks like a mace that any shitty orc could fight with
now compare it to the mace in movie

See Merry stabbed him with a magical dagger that unravelled the magics keeping his undead form intact. The guy was literally crumbling.

>you dont hate women so you cant be a part of my secret club

>This is impossible, only a minority can kill me
>Fool, white birthrates are below 50%!
>Noooooooo!

Which hentai is this?

>they like women at reddit
It's like you don't even know the internet

CUTE

triggered cuckold nu-male detected. possibly even ex-husband of MEW.

>The scene that ruined three movies

>mfw Sup Forums still doesn't understand this scene

>the pleb filter
Sorry you feel threatened by verbosity.

now that's a reddit meme

>I can't handle different perspectives on things

Gonna build an auswitch ya bigot?

it's not that fucking dummies
it's the fact that they put it in the end
the fact that they were alread other chosen ones
the fact that the machines build zion and let humans live outside the matrix
the whole plan was bollocks
if he wanted neo to go to the source why show him trinity geting shot
you are the pleb ones
they said important words and you think it's deep and shiet

in the end of the movie I mean, if anything it should've been in revolutions

>t. didn't get it

>he's never read Macbeth

the reddit meme is you thinking that this one scene somehow can ruin three movies (if it would bad, which it isn't)

>Sup Forums kids think Peter Jackson should have removed this part from the movie because it offends their delicate sensibilities
Truly the new SJW.

what didn't I get? the fact that neo has powers outside? thay's all a cicle? that there's another matrix? that those trannies were hacks and that plot ruined the frist movie?
what did I not get?

the problem is that the sword merry has wich is the one that makes the witch king vulnerable is given by aragorn instead of bombadil so it's no longer a magic sword and people really believes that it was she who kil him because she was a women

t. trigger tumblrwhale

That it was all literally "a system of control".
And yet you sperged out over such a simple concept.
No, it isn't that "we" thought it was deep. It was just really fucking simple if you actually bothered to listen but most people sperged out over someone daring to use big words in what is literally a straight forward expository scene.
That's what's so fucking sad about you hiveminding, opinion parroting, asslords. You projected your own insecurities onto anyone with a shred of brain cells so you wouldn't have to fucking think for even as little as 5 minutes.

>White man does something important/cool in a movie
Sup Forums aka reddit: FUCK YEAH

>Woman or black man does something important/cool in a movie
Sup Forums aka reddit: damn cuck sjws forcing their agenda

because OP is a bit flustered by feminism being wrong about the capabilities of women, he's can't accept that women are occasionally superior to men

Eowyn was just a heroic princess of Rohan, and when this was written, decades before OP was born, that was fine, and didn't bother anyone

Also, Eowyn remains the best character in LOTR

I don't think I've seen anyone misinterpret an environment as much as you just did,

the 'prophecy' literally says he will not be killed by a man, necessitating that he get a ghost disease, or get killed by an animal or woman

the sword is just the vehicle

You're waifu can't cook stew for shit

>Doesn't like one scene of cheesy, cheap, and easy "empowerment" in a movie
>Hurr, must hate women!!!1 Musoggny!

>TrumpReich2016
cringe

this scene was the only thing that redeemed the superman bullshit of the first movie, that ultra plebs actually think is deep or something

it was the end of matrix 3 that ruined the movies, since the machines weren't required to do anything, it made no sense at all, the machines were all powerful and that hadn't changed

>That it was all literally "a system of control
a shiity one
there was no need for the machines to help them made another zion
and again
why did he show neo about trinity if he wanted him to go to the source?
it just stupid

That's the point. Eowyn, a woman, is about to kill him because the magic sword broke his magic armor. The issue is that the movies gloss over the magic. The problem isn't the strong female character, it's the departure from the source lore.

>Witch King of Angmar: You fool, no man can kill me
>Aragorn: Good think I identify as a woman
>WKoA: fug
>Aragorn: gg no re

it's not that
hackson took out glorfindel to put arwen cause women power
same as tawrel

but the one that matters is merry
the witch king could've died with an arrown of legolas at that point

superman bullshit? it was matrix you know, a program, anything could be posible
is the idea that he also had powers outside wich is dumb and it started with that scene

Why does it matter? I'm perfectly fine that Jackson chose to depart from the books a bit to give women more screentime. Replacing Glorfindel with Arwen doesn't really affect the plot in any meaningful way.

Sup Forums always has been the sjw

it matters cause it's a corruption of the history
like every major chane he did

>'Begone foul dwimmerlaik, lord of carrion! Leave the dead in peace!'
>A cold voice answered: 'Come not between the Nazgûl and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye.'
>A sword rang as it was drawn. 'Do what you will; but I will hinder it, if I may.'
>'Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!'
>Then Merry heard of all sounds in that hour the strangest. It seemed that Dernhelm laughed, and the clear voice was like the ring of steel.
>'But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund’s daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you if you touch him.'

vs.

>ANGLE ON: MERRY on the ground . . . He looks around to see THE WITCH-KING standing over EOWYN, pulling her to her FEET!
>WITCH KING: No man can kill me . . . Die!
>ANGLE ON: MERRY driving his SWORD into the back of the WITCH-KING'S KNEE! MERRY'S SWORD bursts into FLAME and his ARM is shot with PAIN . . .
EOWYN struggles to her feet . . . pulling off her HELMET
>CLOSE ON: EOWYN . . . her LONG HAIR tumbling onto her shoulders!
>EOWYN: I am no man!
>With her last strength, EOWYN thrusts her SWORD into the WITCH-KING'S FACE! EOWYN'S SWORD SHATTERS into MANY SHARDS!
>The WITCH-KING topples back DEAD, a BLACK OOZE leaking from his ROBES and ARMOUR! A shuddering CRY, fading into a SHRILL WAIL passes with the WIND.

>Replacing Glorfindel with Arwen doesn't really affect the plot in any meaningful way.
it does, it makes arwen be a hero when she wasn't she was just a female elve who married aragorn as it should be

>muh lore
People enjoying the movie doesn't stop you from enjoying the books. It doesn't retroactively alter what Tolkien created.

The former is far too verbose to fit into a movie. The pithier version Jackson used still captures the spirit of the original.

yes it fucking does cause those changes weren't needed and it's a shame that his great adaptations changed so much
I feel cheated when I knew all the changes.
Just look at the fucking hobbit

No bitch no.

>Le spinning top / Maybe he's still dreaming xD scene

>women steals credit from midget
Not surprised. It didn't help her though since Aragorn still didn't give a fuck and was probably mad because he loved hobbits. She had to settle for Boromir's shitty brother

I walked out of the theater when that happened.

>steals Merry's glory so he has a better chance at fucking Aragorn
What a bitch.

you missed out on the twist

It makes Arwen's choice less meaningful, as she was clearly going out of line to support Aragorn at every turn.
Book Arwen is a dutiful daughter and grieves over the departure of all elves from Middle Earth. She knows full well their time is over and that her fate is in the West.

Same changes for Aragorn who's positively antsy about reclaiming his heritage, as there's a very clear ticking clock element. If he can't become what he is meant to be, he loses the love of his life, Luthien reborn.

movie arwen is so shitty
she has emotional problems of a disney character

>literally almost scene for scene what happens in the book
Take it up with Tolkien, faggot.

Merry was more than okay with it though
Hobbits don't really care all that much about honor and at that time he was still mighty grateful towards her for actually bringing him along.

Imagine being this wrong about OP's meaning. Sad!

>there is enough shitty scenes in rotk
No, there isn't.

Shes better, more fleshed out in the extended version. Half the removed scenes are with her in them

So that doesn't make what she did right. If you read the book you'd know the real reason she wanted to fight was to make Aragorn notice her. When Merry crippled the witch king she merely dealt the finishing blow and started screeching that she killed the witch king. The only reason this was tolerable was because Aragorn still rejected her

That is part of the problem, not a solution.

>mgtow trying this hard with the worst example imaginable

Merry was completely incapable of actually finishing him off though AND she played a critical role in keeping his attention so Merry could sneak up behind him, had the Witch king noticed the heroic hobbit he'd have been killed on the spot.

Both of them had equal share in killing the Witch King

>Man with the lifespan of 200 years with a woman with the lifespan of 50 years
Why did she think she had a chance?

merry dealt just one hit, and he sneaked up on witch king
it's not like he could kill him alone

The fuck you on about? The movie follows beat for beat, what happens in this scene in the book. Sure, they leave out Merry's magic sword for narrative purposes in the film, but other than that, it is a play by play.

So yes, take your spergy complaint up with Tolkien.

At that point anyone could have killed him and the witch king knew Merry was there but ignored him because he thought a Hobbit couldn't do anything. Eowyn did nothing important.

>Merry's magic sword
But that's the reason for why they managed to kill him in the first place

he only ignored Merry because he was actively engaged with another combatant, had Eowyn not been there he'd have just killed him quickly then moved on to another target.

underrated

But she still stabbed him in the face, still said the "I am no man" line, and he still was finally vanquished by her blade at the end. That is what bothers you retards, right? The line directly taken from the book? Do you see why this is silly yet?

you better tell me how aragorn had a chance with 3000 yo arwen

>The movie follows beat for beat, what happens in this scene in the book.
not really though

>Eowyn did nothing important.
She killed the Witch King's mount in one strike you ignorant motherfucker. While under the full effect of his curse of despair that froze everybody around him.

Imagine being this wrong about this scene in fantasy. Sad!

It does...only thing left out is knowing that Merry's sword was enchanted. Christ, this film is over a decade old now, why is this triggering you suddenly? You want to retroactively turn back time and take one of the only 2 existing female characters out from one of the only scenes she occupies?

It was forced. Why should we care about this Mary Sue? She beat one of the strongest allies of Sauron with one sword strike. A normal woman wouldn't even be able to even lift her arm in that kind of armour.

Oh, so you're just a bad troll then. Moving on.

It's in the book you dense retard.

She also had a broken arm at that point.

What in the fuck are you even talking about now? How is explaining to you that this is nearly 100 percent what happens in the fucking book, make me a troll?

What is wrong with you?

did you even read the fucking book?

The reason he was vulnerable to other weapons was because of Merry's magic sword. Removing it means they shouldn't have been able to kill him.