Did he know the jet engine was coming the second time?

Or was his mind wiped too, at the end?

If he would have gotten out of the way, would everything play out the same? as it did in the alternative universe? Surely not all of it could play out since he no longer has super powers..

I vividly remember the movie but he knew, and he was in peace with dying iirc.

Also don't tell me you posted this after watching the movie once, you have to watch at least twice mayne.

Here knew it was coming because he was in bed laughing right before the crash.

Yes the cycle would have happened again if he got out of bed, the general idea was he needed to die to save everyone else.

>Did he know the jet engine was coming the second time?
Yes. He was stuck in a timeloop and it would keep on repeating unless he died

couldn't he just break his sisters leg and stop his girl from being run over so everybody is happy?

another thing. this movie made me question, are american highschoolers really as edgy as portrayed in the movie?

Yes he knew. He laughed hysterically because it actually worked.

But would breaking his sister's stop Frank from going to the Halloween party? If you were stuck in a time loop would you go with the sure fire way out or go through a million cycles trying to fix everything and save everyone?

Also just go for a safety and watch the damn movie again paying attention and remembering everything that happens.

why should he care about frank, all that matters is his girl and family

He's not in a loop. He was shown his destiny if he were to live to comfort him for death. There is nothing to suggest any kind of loop. Nothing.

>why should he care about frank

Didn't Frank kill the girlfriend?

to stop that would have been the easier part. and there would have been a better way to stop the plane crash than to make the whole family go through a very hard time

It is ambiguous if he knew or not.

He did not need to die to allow the original timeline to resume in peace, he only needed the object (engine) to be put back in the right timeline. He could have moved out of the way.

You are an idiot.

not true. the problem was that the artefact had no origin causing a universe destroying paradox. the alternate universe became the source for the artefact but donnie being killed by the artefact is not a requirement for the process and was simply his choice.

t. brainlet

he's completely right. donnie chose to die.

yeah he knew, that's the whole point

Sucker Punch did it better.

yeah he did because of the his family and girl dying but he could have prevented it without killing himself. was this whole artifact shit even really explained in the regular cut?

wasn't it all just a dream though?

the girl wouldnt have even died if he got out the way because he would not have felt the need to go to the old lady's house with her. he had never even met her yet in this universe and i guess he didnt like the thought of knowing about a whole universe that nobody would ever believe in

Should I bother watching s Darko, or is it just too bad

It's a great fucking movie. Watch the original, not the director's cut first and if it makes too little sense and you want your hand held through it watch the director's cut after

I saw that S.Darko got pretty terrible reviews(Not just critic reviews). So I skipped it.

He said S Darko, the non-canon sequel.

That's why I skipped it, but I only put so much trust in reviews.

Ohhh, didn't notice. Didn't even fucking know that existed.

Donnie wanted to die.

>he did not need to die to allow the original timeline to resume in peace

Please read this slowly so you understand. He has to die. You know the section of the film where he is following the visible path in his home? That shit coming from his chest? It was his destiny. The path he can't stray from. He didn't die the first time because he was shown truths about his existence before his death. About how others he loved would be harmed by his presence there. Then he is shown a way to fix things by taking the tornado back to when he was supposed to die.

He wasn't crazy. His pills were placebos.

You people need to stick to comic book movies and celebrity gossip. Daft as fuck.

This is completely wrong. Him living or dying in the "real" timeline had nothing to do with anything.

The liquid coming out of his chest was his future, but only his future in that alternative timeline. It showed him that he needed to grab the gun so he could use it later, it set in motion for him to fix the "real" timeline. It didn't point to him having to die.

His death after fixing the timeline is incidental. No one in the real timeline would get hurt because it isn't a loop, these events aren't going to happen if Donnie stays alive, it was just an alternate timeline that Donnie needed to solve.

>tornado
he didn't move the tornado

that's not what the regular cut indicated

But the plane crash was 28 days in the future.

except for the director explicitly stating there's a loop

Nooooo

>donnie is in the normal universe
>donnie is a weird kid
>blah blah blah movie
>frank wakes up donnie so he doesnt die because donnie is the "chosen one"
>engine is transported into the real universe
>we are now in the alternative universe
>everything that happens in this universe is basically a puzzle for donnie to solve
>gf hurt, frank shot, etc doesn't matter, its all a simulation for donnie in a way
>donnie figures out that he needs to transport engine to fix universe from collapsing
>fixes universe
>engine kills donnie

Donnie doesn't need to die, it doesn't change anything. It was his destiny in the sense that it was most likely going to happen in the original universe before Frank saved him, but him staying alive would not have affected the universes structure. It also would not have affected his loved ones in the way that we saw throughout the film because all of that only happened to save the original universe.

I think there's two answers to why he died.

He didn't know he was going to die because he wasn't the same Donnie we saw throughout the majority of the film. That Donnie only existed in the alternate universe.

or

He kept his memory and wanted to die because he saw how Grandma Death turned out after she had been one of the "chosen ones"