Thoughts?

Thoughts?

I hated how they didn't even attempt to make Tony right.

It's captain america 3, not iron man 4, retard.

It's basically Avengers 3.

It should have just been called Civil War.

Great action scenes. A handful of good character moments and funny scenes. Plot was really contrived but did enough to move the movie along without being utterly boring. The airport scene kicked ass. Overall one of the better MCU installments. Still not as good as TWS

The whole advertising was about picking a side. There should at least been a reason why you as a view may want to sign with Tony and the Accords.

Tony welshing on the Accords guidelines the moment it convenienced him ruined the entire debate for me. Otherwise solid 7.5WillBeBuyingOnBluray/10

I watched GotG recently, and I was surprised at just how legitimately good it was as a movie.

It was so charming.

Most of these MCU movies are fine and vaguely exciting once, but GotG is just a good movie.

That's nice.

>siding with captain america
manchild detected, opinion discarded

tony is right about himself, cap is right about the team.

>tfw christ pratt used to be a fat fuck
he came a long way.

Cause the Avengers inadvertently committed mass murder on foreign soil and expected to function without facing any restraints or legal consequences?

>Cause the Avengers inadvertently committed mass murder

We are watching very different films here. The film I watched the Avengers stop a group of Mercs. from stealing a Bio weapon that would probably used to kill millions. In which 11 people accidentally got kill. Then they got forced to sign the accords by a general who probably watched Drone strikes kill innocent people every day.

Tony was right
>forced to sign the accords by a general who probably watched Drone strikes kill innocent people every day
Look at the fucking strawman

But Tony was right

Ross, despite being a hypocrite, has a great point about employing a god to operate within earth borders and a fucking monster capable of leveling cities by himself and just not keeping track of them.

Also no one in real life would legitimately be ok with people like Ant-Man, a former criminal, running around doing as he pleases with the power to assassinate the leaders of any world government.

I enjoy it because its not bound by the continuity of the MCU

Well, I mean, the whole point of the movie was essentially Thanos exposition, but that was relatively minor.

Was it only eleven? The movie didn't really have the gonads to show anyone actually burning in that explosion.

So here's the thing. In the final fight scene between Cap and Iron Man, Zemo sets up the room with a screen to show Bucky murdering Tony's parents. So how did Zemo know Tony and Cap would both be there to see it? Tony himself only found out about the location at the last minute when he got the info that the video of Buckey blowing up the UN Building was faked. It just seems a little too convenient that both Cap and Tony show up at that exact location in keeping with Zemo's plan. That being said, it's a minor plot contrivance and overall I enjoyed the movie.

>Ross had a great point

Ross's point is that you should treat people with power like objects and not people with emotion. It's neither Cap or Tony's job to keep track of Thor or the Hulk.

>In real life
Well there is no real life version of Ant-man. How ever there are real life version of Black Widow and ton of people who pretend to be super hero and we let them wonder around.

I thought the function of government oversight for the Avengers (the reason the accords as I understand it) was already in place in the form of Nick Fury and SHIELD. I mean they're a government agency and I assumed that they have the authority the reign in the Avengers should a government authority deem in necessary.

Shield no longer exist and it is an U.N accord not just the U.S.

Shield doesn't exist? Well damn, I guess that's what I get for not keeping up with continuity. Fair enough. I still think Nick Fury showing up could've gone a long way toward deescalating the conflict.

The whole reason the UN set up the sokovia accords was because the Sokovian government wanted the Avengers to be held accountable for turning their country into Angel Island zone.

Okay. That's different than what I thought. My understanding was that the accords were set up to give the UN a legal framework for Avengers oversight in the case of future Avengers actions. I think it's actually pretty reasonable to put the blame for Ultron's actions at the feet of Tony and Bruce as they were largely responsible for creating Ultron and Ultron was responsible for what happened in Sokovia.