They are making a Scarface remake in 2018 set in L.A in modern day...

They are making a Scarface remake in 2018 set in L.A in modern day, Tony Montana is going to be mexican and played by Diego Luna.

How does Sup Forums feel about this, it's not that bad considering the Al Pacino Scarface is already a remake of a 1932 gangster movie where Tony is Italian.

Remakes of shit movies don't bother me

Diego Luna is the Tom Cruise of Mexico, he can only play 'nice guy' roles much the same that Tom Cruise could never be taken seriously as a bad guy. This movie is going to suck hard.

he seems ok on my first impression, but he does look like a teenager.

Tony is a fucking Cuban in the 80s movie so the mexican thing is no issue whatsoever here

Scarface is great though.

3.9/10 on imdb and just a couple million off from breaking even is the best I can do

Someone hasn't seen Collateral.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

The 80's Scarface was already a modernised version of the original, embodying crime in the 80's instead of the 30's like the original.

Cocaine instead of alcohol bootlegging.
Miami instead of Chicago.
Cuban gangster instead of Italian gangster.

So doing a modern version version of Scarface where he's Mexican in L.A., actually sounds pretty cool, it's like the embodiment of organized crime in America in 2017, as opposed to the 80's or, 30's, could be interesting.

Probably will be shit on by people who don't realise Pacino's Scarface was already a remake though.

Hate reboots and remakes and all this shit but I don't think this movie is nearly as good as people claim it is. So I don't care. Also think it will bomb.

Pleb Filtered.

This is why scarface is so great

I think Scarface is the most hated movie that's considered a classic I've ever seen, it seems like 1/2 the people I talk to about it who've seen it hated it, and the other 1/2 love it.

I don't understand why it's such a polarising movie, it's one of my favourites.

Who is directing?

>calls me a pleb
>likes Scarface

excuse me......

AHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

>Diego Luna
>5'10

im 5'8

The good: being written by the Coens. The bad: Directed by David Ayer (Suicide Squad).

>don't understand why it's such a polarising movie
Because plebs can't into depalma.

>written by the Cohen Bros
So it's a comedy-remake?

>I have well and truly become.....

>The Scarface.

Really BrIan DePalma?

Scarface was already a remake.

Imagine being so autistic you Google an actor's height. Imagine being this guy.

Were No Country and Blood Simple comedies?

>David Ayer (Suicide Squad)
Why not David Ayer (Training Day)? Why not David Ayer (Fury)?

Of course, how is this a question?

This has already been pointed out three times in the thread, including in the OP.

>Tony Montana is going to be British and played by Diego Brando

Nice.

What would the British version of Scarface be?

Some guy with a spork snorting tea leafs?

1/10 apply yourself

did you guys hear that there remaking scarface

>bootyblasted brit detected
Careful what you say lad, the TV license authorities might hear you.

I'd rather they made origianl stories, but I could end up watching this. I've got nothing against remakes, but I can't name you a 00's or 10's remake I like.

>FUCK GASPAR GOMEZ AND FUCK THE FUCKING DIAZ BROTHERS! FUCK EM ALL! I BURY THOSE COCKROACHES!

Anyone who dislikes Scarface must also dislike powerful performances. I can't fathom anyone not liking this movie if they like drama or crime films.

>Diego Brando
Okay a dinosaur remake of Scarface I'd fucking watch

Welp, holy crap. TIL Scarface was a remake. Not sure how I feel about remakes now...

>1930's: Italian bootlegger in Chicago
>1980's: Cuban coke dealer in Miami
Mexican isn't really a fitting next step. The 2018 version of Scarface should obviously be Filipino.

Was expecting "Russian". Not sure why the Phillipines would be considered powerful.