Divorce Rates Have Been Steadily Declining Since the 80s. Sup Forums COMPLETELY BTFO

nytimes.com/2014/12/02/upshot/the-divorce-surge-is-over-but-the-myth-lives-on.html?_r=0

Society is not collapsing and all of you are wrong about marriage not working anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

prb.org/Publications/Articles/2010/usmarriagedecline.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Actually that's expected as no one is marrying anymore

nobody tell him why hes retarded

also

> LEAF

>hes
>implying
Except the graph is based on people who get married you inbred

League of Effeminate Anglo Fucks?

You are massively retarded if you can't spot what's wrong with your conclusion from reading that.

They are still way too high.

Divorces should happen only in very special cases.

The reason why we have so many divorces is that we are force fed the lie of romantic love.

The fact that marriage in itself is about love.

And this means that whenever our chemistry just doesnt make us "love" someone that means we have failed and its time for divorce.

Which is complete bullcrap.

The goal of a family is to raise kids. Nothing more and nothing less
Sure if there is some love in the way thats great. But marriage should be first about duty and second about love and sex or whatever

Kek

Divorce is declining because most people are in poverty and women don't have an incentive to steal their husbands labor, since they have nothing to steal.

How are you so retarded

You do realize that the graph is a percentage of all marriages that end in divorce, its not a number right?

its a PERCENTAGE.

Oh man, instead of a 1 in 2 chance of my life getting fucked by a dumb cunt it's now only 1 in 3. It's safe to roll the dice now!

>m-marriage should be about duty
>w-why are people d-divorcing? i-isnt it fun to be m-married to someone for d-duty?

Even the normalfags in the comnents know the article is misleading and can demonstrate why. So what's your problem?

>One sided argument.

What OP doesn't realize, or maybe he does it's just that he is a shill, is that people today are not marrying anymore.

More people are having multiply partners, sex before marriage, and kids out of wedlock.

All thanks to Feminism.

So of course the Divorce rates have "declined", because nobody is getting married like before.

LOL.

Marriage goes way down

Divorce goes down a little

Ok

>hurr I saw this on reddit time to repost it on Sup Forums
thanks

70% of millennials are not getting married

and the 25% that do are very religious.

So you isolate the 25% of traditional people and take credit for their success, then advocate the exact opposite of principles they live by.

>You are a fucking leaf

>the-divorce-surge-is-over-but-the-myth-lives
Of course less people are getting married compared to then.

You faggots don't even try.

>Even the normalfags in the comnents
There is no comment section, unless its just completely hidden

He's not wrong dumbfuck, it's a per capita thing. The trend means people who don't like marriage and who aren't suited for marriage will no longer get married. I think that's a good thing -- to your point, another valuable metric would be to check the rate of single parent households, common law households with no marriage, and separation rates with unmarried common law, but those are different measurement entirely.

The implication is people no longer feel it's necessary to get married so we can shift to a world with less retarded gold diggers and idiots who have no right trying to settle down and start a proper nuclear family

That's not the where your error is.

>Letting people actually divorce in the first place

And yes a sense of duty id if instilled properly into people makes them very obedient.

Far more than just a bunch of chemicals in your brain making you either attracted or not to a person

Marriage was like this for hundreds of years and it was fine.

>Society is not collapsing and all

>So of course the Divorce rates have "declined", because nobody is getting married like before.
>i literally didnt read the article: the post
The graph is not about the raw number of divorces, its the PERCENT OF ALL MARRIAGES that end in divorce.

How fucking retarded are you to not understand what a percentage is?

>70% of millennials are not getting married
1. Citation
2. Just because someone isnt married yet doesnt mean they will never get married. This is extremely embarassing logic

Nad you're a retarded americunt burger agreeing with an std-zila riddle shitskin Brazillian. I'd rather be a syrup guzzling leaf, than a brazil cucked faggot like yourself...

Enjoy 8 years of Shillary you queer, I'm glad faggot hipsters and millenials are no longer ruining the sanctity of marriage

At some point you leafs have to just admit that you're not just uneducated, you were purposefully miss educated so that you can't connect dots and make logical conclusions.

I work in Philly. Front office insurance sales. Means I ask a lot of questions about people and their families. Lots of people with kids and their girl or man if they're together at all without ever getting married.

The only friends that are getting married are my Mexican friends.

Oh, you're legitimately retarded. Shame on me for responding to a leaf thread to begin with.

>i have no arguments so il have to resort to ad hominem
>i literally do not understand what a percentage is

Probably because no one's getting married

HOW FUCKING RETARDED ARE YOU THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND SELF-SELECTION YOU FUCKING NIGGER

This is the bottom of the article. Where is the comment section?

I see several posters have already thoroughly BTFO you.

To make an analogy, your argument is basically:
>The number of religious people who go to church regularly has increased! Religion is not dying
>That's because fewer people are religious nowadays
>HURR DURR IM A DUMB LEAF

It's collapsing in he right ways. As dumb as niggers are, you can actually remove most of the racial disparity in poverty (not crime, they own crime like champs) by adjusting for single mother rates.

Single mother households and abandoning the nuclear family jettisons people into poverty and (even if white) crime. So good, the religious, God fearing republicans will mary and raise succesfull white babies who will lead the next generation of Whites, while the race mixing, degenerate hipsters will continue to run around fucking whore willy nilly, and destroying the legacy and seed

Just ignore him, he is the retarded pro-obama shitposter.

Jesus Christ.

I thought your countries education was good. How do you not see that the trend is that the longer the marriage the more likely it's to end in a divorce? With the notable outliers of the 60's and 70's (where divorce culture was very different).

And that's only from the data, got to look at the actual number of people getting successfully married.

>i have no argument so il resort to rage caps

The percent of marraiges that end in a divorce in the US has declined since the 80s. This is a fact. Im sorry it triggers you and that you cant understand statistics but its getting embarrassing at this point

Fuck you're retarded, top left talk bubble leaf.

fpbp

Point out what's wrong in my post niggerfaggot, I'm waiting....

And lol at you calling me uneducated you stupid nigger, I'm mid doctorate in McGill

Because less people are getting married?

>>The number of religious people who go to church regularly has increased! Religion is not dying
>>That's because fewer people are religious nowadays
Il take a false analogy for 500 alex.

I hate to state what seems obvious, but the story seems entirely off base and the data show this. The lines of marriage by decade do converge on about 50%. Simple extrapolation from the 1990's and 2000's curves is all that is needed to predict the final number of lifetime marriage chances that end in divorce. Newer marriages have just not 'caught up' with older marriages. The headline and story are misleading.

It seems silly to separate them based off of when they were married rather than by giving overall divorce rates. Couples that have been together longer are bound to have a higher number of divorces. They should have shown projected divorce rates for the couples married since the 2000's. The graph would have looked less dramatic but it would have showed the decline.

>The percent of marraiges that end in a divorce in the US has declined since the 80s. This is a fact.

And here is the percent of people married.

Really puts a strain on your neurotransmitters.

I already made my arguments

You just discarded the facts that I brought up.

70% of millennials are unmarried, 57% of millennial children were born out of wedlock, 30% will never marry Millennials have a .7 birth rate. The society you faggot liberals built is shit.

/thread because neckbeard jerking of on anime dont get married

It's a perfectly valid analogy. You seem to think that the same number of people are getting married nowadays, which is obviously false.

Why are leafs so fucking mentally retarded. Are you a nigger shitskin?

Gas yourself.

Exactly, the atheist degenerates will fall into poverty and crime as dindus while the religious will rise.

Explain how this is bad, ricenigger?

Do you have to have a subscription to see the comments?

It was an option for me

I dont understand why does it stop at 8 years for 2000s?

>And here is the percent of people married.
>90% of people were married in 1965

This is quite obviously extrapolated from a specific age group in order to perpetuate a bias lol. Nice try though.

How the fuck would 90% of the population be married? holy shit you are dumb

>Explain how this is bad
Where did I claim it was bad?

Jesus why are canadians so fucking retarded? Get gassed you piece of nigger shit.

>Society is not collapsing and all of you are wrong about marriage not working anymore.

More people not getting married = marriage not working anymore user.

You have been repeatedly BTFO for your strawmaning of your statement.

No anyone can see them if they look.

>How the fuck would 90% of the population be married?
Before it became hip to be a degenerate.

And yes, if you had an IQ above 60 you would've seen that this chart is for young adults. Unfortunately you seem to be a nigger retard who can't even open a comments section of a mainstream news article.

What the fuck are you talking about

You doubt that 90% of people were married in the 60's...Really. The madmen era? Really?

every time someone shows you a fact you don't like you just disregard it.

>You seem to think that the same number of people are getting married nowadays,
Never once did i say that, not even once did i say that.

I said the percentage of marriages ending in divorce has GONE DONE. This has nothing to do with the number of people getting married. How fucking retarded can 1 person be? Its a PERCENTAGE.

there is literally no option for me to see the comments so im assuming its a US only thing or they dont like Canada

As disabled as you are, I'm sure you'll be getting stabbed with a ginzu knife before the end of the week
L.I.P.

Less people getting married to get divorced, retard

Or the fact that young marriages haven't had time for the love to fade.

Heck 0.0% of people married today haven't divorced yet, amazing!

>You doubt that 90% of people were married in the 60's...Really
90% of the entire population when 50% of the population are children? Holy shit nigger you are dumb.

I don't believe this person is a ricenigger. Japs know not to talk to their superiors like this.

>Subscribing to Jew York Times
No, and I get the warning that I've used up one of my 10 "free" articles for the month.
Though I imagine another 9 visits to read that trash would render me as dumb as the illiterate fucks in this thread that can't find a comment section.

This is the most unintuitive leaf graph ever produced

>hat can't find a comment section.
as you can see from my screen shot its quite literally not there.

> said the percentage of marriages ending in divorce has GONE DONE. This has nothing to do with the number of people getting married

What?

Its lying with statistics

if 70% of them aren't married and the ones who do get married are the evangelicals and religious...Of course it will go down. The fact it hasn't went down much, much more is shocking

I know it's bait but I still want to kill you every time I see one of your posts.

>Never once did i say that
No, but you repeatedly refuse to believe it when 50 different people have pointed it out in this thread. Fucking retard.

>I said the percentage of marriages ending in divorce has GONE DONE. This has nothing to do with the number of people getting married.
Yes it does you fucking nigger retard, because the people liable to have gotten a divorce in the 1960s don't even bother getting married nowadays.

They used the same age bracket every year in that graph....What in the fucking world makes you think they used different age brackets for the 60's and the 200's?

Seeing as you can't even use capitals or punctuation it's no wonder you're stumped in an attempt to navigate a libtard news site.

Obviously because data collection has had less time to follow recent marriages. They're trying to argue a trend line here and the fact that from 80-90-2000 at 8 years of marriage there was a drop from 20 to 17 to under 15... Obviously you need to compare equal years

A FUCKING LEAF

>same age bracket
Then why did that person say it was the entire population when i SAID it was a specific age bracket?

Who cares if younger kids arent getting tricked rushing into marriage anymore

You've yet to point out a single falsehood in any of my posts.

I'm waiting zipperhead....

>Who cares if younger kids arent getting tricked rushing into marriage anymore
Because it would have an effect on the divorce rates...

They're talking about the adult population you fucking leaf

Its implied

And now you have been reduced to semantic arguments.

>You've yet to point out a single falsehood in any of my posts.
Because I'm not arguing with you, but with the other retarded leaf.

What makes you think I care about what you're saying?

>total number affects the rate

Are you saying that kids who rush into marriage without thinking are more likely to get divorced? OMG its almost like its good they dont rush into marriage anymore

>adult population you fucking leaf
>its implied
No. Its a false graph that has 0 citations or proof of anything and is probably using a very small age group.

Again when faced with facts you don't like you disregard them

>Are you saying that kids who rush into marriage without thinking are more likely to get divorced?
Yes, which is why since their numbers have decreased as per your own saying in this post : , the percentage of marriages ending up in divorce have gone down.

Do you understand now leaf?

Because chinks need to learn from their betters.

You're arguing a decrease in marriage rates isn't proof against societal collapse. I think it is, I think it's showing a very positive trend where marriage is once again, become sacred because all the hipster atheist degenerate faggots who used to do it for the sake of doing it are now just wallowing in their own filth.

I think it's a great trend (although too early to tell with data collection limited at 8 years) as it implies reigious folks will continue to rise up and separate from the fucking BLM - "it takes a village to raise a kid" feminist whores

fpbp

>facts
0 citation is not a fact you inbred. Anyone can make a graph and put anything they like on it, its only valid if they have sources to back it up.

The total rate does not affect the percentage. How fucking retarded are you to not understand grade 4 math?

>It doesn't exist because I'm too dumb to find it!
If you picked this as your hill to die on you sure as hell won't win any arguments defending the article itself.
But if you really need a hint, look at the age of the marriages compared. Of course a marriage from decades ago is more likely to fall apart. By your logic a brand new car is more reliable compared to an older one, because it hasn't been around long enough to break down. That statement must be true because most cars built in the 70s are now in the junkyard, right? You really are a fucking retard.

>ts a false graph that has 0 citations or proof of anything and is probably using a very small age group.

The graph is from the U.S. Census Bureau, 2000 Census and American Community Survey. The marriage rates in it are among young adults from age 25-34.

Here is the source of that graph

prb.org/Publications/Articles/2010/usmarriagedecline.aspx

Gay marriage is rising, Dear leaf.

>It doesn't exist because I'm too dumb to find it!
>this much damage control
Either provide the citation or im not reading any of your post, sorry. Its no ones job but you to provide citation if you think something is valid. Other people are not required to do your homework.

Okay I give up.

Homework for next time : figure out how percentages are calculated?

>when you realize it's a leaf thread

Go back to /r/twoxchromosomes you degenerate trash.

Divorce rates have fallen because the share of people getting married has decreased and is comprised of people more fervently dedicated to the institution and thus less likely to get divorced.

No reasonable man wants to be some whore's golden parachute, and that's all marriage is anymore -- we see through your bullshit guerrilla propaganda, you're just butthurt skanks that are pissed you'll have to die alone in a run-down section 8 apartment and your herd of cats will probably eat you before anyone even notices you're gone.

fewer people getting married means the ones who do are probably more likely to be good partners for each other.

that's my guess

>mong young adults ages 25 to 34
So like i said, a small age bracket. People are obviously getting married later now

>I got BTFO so hard I won't read your post!
Oh no, what would I do if another libtard buried their head in the sand in the face of reality?

No its a clear indication of generational decline.

This is what it looks like when you add the entire population...But its stupid to do this because of the next image I will show you

BTFO
T
F
O

>everyone i dont like is a libtard
>other peple have to provide my sources for me abloo bloo bloo

>WAAAH HOW DARE YOU IGNORE THE REST OF MY POST I DEMAND YOU READ IT

How embarrassing

The median age of marriage in 1960 was 22 not 18 and the graph includes the people married in completely different generations