Wow, why can't europoors afford skyscrapers?

wow, why can't europoors afford skyscrapers?

Skyscrapers aren't European.

Mostly due to very strict laws in place to preserve our abundant cultural history.

Also London is built on a giant old swamp so the technology to safely build their foundations is much more recent.

Bigdick not need to show it

Because it's next to impossible to get the permission to build one and if you do get the permission to build something resembling a skyscraper it will be in butt fuck nowhere and not in the central city like you would want it to.

oh ok thats actually seems like an actual reason

why do euros do that tho? if they are so keen on preserving the environment its much more efficient to build dense business centres

At least here pretty much all the buildings in the central city (Stockholm) are several hundreds years old and/or are "culturally marked" which means you can't tear them down by law. Then of course we have two airports somewhat nearby which enforce the restrictions on how tall you can build a building. Then the places were you can actually have a possibility to build skyscrapers in city will never see any skyscrapers because it would look way off and we have some retarded "aesthetic committee" for the city that decides whether you can build it or not and the answer is always no.

>most skyscrapers in "Europe" are either in Russia or in Turkey
intredasting

>when half of you're online memes are directed at making fun of new worlders' obsession with heritage but Europe actually has it codified into laws forbidding developers from touching your heritage sites

>you're
your*

Skyscrapers have no place in Europe

>LARPing as a viking is the same as preserving monuments of incalculable inmaterial value
Kys desu

Well, I'm pretty glad we have it. I have never been in a city as aesthetically pleasing and good looking as central Stockhom (other than maybe Vienna). And I have been all over the world.

No place to put them

>tfw used to live in central stockholm with family
>now live in #orten alone

>Wow, why don't European want to ruin their skylines?
Rectangles are ugly. We made a containment zone near every big town so the cities are safe.

They're ugly

That's because we actually have a heritage to preserve.

Aren't Madrid and Frankfurt planing on building a shit tone of skycrappers in the near future?

i am generally what you would call a 'lefty' but i think that skyscrapers are an aberration. sure, they're okay in nyc or asia where they fit an aesthetic, but they have absolutely no place in the skylines of european cities, which should consist of spires. it's a disgrace that property developers in london are putting up disgusting skyscrapers that completely ruin the old world aesthetic of the city; its also making london appear really anonymous and 'international', which is not something i'm a fan of

>New Worlders don't have heritage
>Europeans have vast heritage
Not rocket science

I agree but unfortunately city developers don't understand it

>tfw grew up in Östermalm
>my first apartment was on Lidingö
>now live in Gärdet

Ireland's tallest building is only 70m. Our planning board are autistic about building up

pappa betalar eller

Most of them are in the close suburbs, not directly in Paris.

DILDOED

typ, han hjälpte mig med den första lägenheten. Det var sex år sedan dock.

Avundsjuk, riktigt schysst farsa.

Skyscrapers awere only built because land is too expensive. Only yesterday poorfags consider them as some advanced stuff.

*chunders*

Jadu, man känner sig jävligt lyckligt lottad ibland. Var väldigt skönt att ha en egen lägenhet när man pluggade. Lyckades dock sälja den för ganska mycket mer än vi köpte den för så han fick en fin summa tillbaka.

Imagine a big, 300m tall skyscraper in this picture. It would totally ruin the cityscape.

I'm actually a fan of the Shard, but otherwise I agree. The City of London or Canary Wharf look like some American city with no culture.

They've started building decently tall buildings in Amsterdam more recently. They're probably still not skyscrapers, and they probably couldn't because of the ground.

nice, the most retarded post in this thread, gj

The other reason is that skyscrapers are expensive as fuck and only reasonable if it would be more expensive to buy more land and build smaller buildings. This is why HK is on top of your list; they don't have much suitable land left to build on.

Some people would look at this pic and think "There is not enough skyscrapers".

yes, but Chinks generally have some obsession about skyscrapers

this is Shenzhen, a city bordering HK, it used to be a fishing village not so long ago

For me, it's the Walkie Talkie.

well, it's also kind of the space race for new money cunts

No need for vacant buildings

I love ham so give me the Can.

Surviving our population bottleneck was a mistake.