Just started watching pic related and do we agree it has one of the best first episodes of all time?

Just started watching pic related and do we agree it has one of the best first episodes of all time?

Jill Garvey looks like an attractive Emma Roberts

It's pretty good yes, wait until you watch the third one

Just wait till you get to s02e08

Yes. But first episode is a pleb filter
He discouraged many plebs from continuing
I don't know why I was hooked since the pre credit

Then you'll have orgasms with season 2

Was hooked the moment the dog was shot in front of Kevin desu

That was what made me drop the shot the first time.

no one cares about your opinion

surely you meant worst?

>just wait till you get to the last episode. trust me bro it gets really good then!

The first episode was terrible.

wrong

objectively wrong

The first episode was terrible. I watched it about two years ago and it took me several attempts of watchimg to get through it. I never bothered anything past it, even though Sup Forums swears its a gteat show.

I watched the first season, then got 2 episodes into the second and gave up. Decided to go back to it and marathoned the rest of season 2 right before 3 started. To me it one of those shows that best marathoned and not waiting for each episode, although season 3 has been pretty fucking great so far.

This. It was so melodramatic and cheesy.

Episode 3 is where it starts to get really good.

nice blog post you black fuck

she's pretty hot in nice guys

you're being redundant. yes, it's melodramatic. some of the best art is.

He dies and comes back to life again

Yes melodrama can be good but in the case of the leftovers it was hamfisted and downright silly. My first time watching the first episode I shut it off the moment kevin shatters his family photo and the oh so dramatic piano swells up. Lindelof is just such a shitty writer with no appreciation for subtlety or tact.

Peter Berg made that first episode great. Why's he so good at capturing America?

first season is a much slower pace, picks up towards the end. second season is some of the best television. overall quality of the third is going to depend on the final 3 episodes but decent so far.

great show to binge watch

its a very small contingent who are praising leftovers, and one of that contingent is damon lindelof himself.

there's lots of subtlety in the leftovers. tons of foreshadowing and little character moments that can easily go unnoticed.
you must not like twin peaks as well if the dramatic pianoscore is too much for you.

>comparing leftovers to twin peaks

... you're delusional

I was indifferent to the pilot the very first time I watched it, but it still got me curious and watched the whole first season. When I rewatched I thought it was great; knowing who the characters were before the departure and what happened to them after that very first episode makes it way better.

not really. there both surreal, melodramatic, quirky, characterdriven dramas. twin peaks is more influential and has an undeniable unique style but the leftovers is more consistent in their writing and has a bigger emotional payoff, imo.

they're