Neomorph/Xenomorph Life Cycle

Alien life cycle:

Black Ooze > infects host > host impregnates Shaw > giant octopus > impregnates engineer > xenomorph queen.

Black Swarm > infects host > necromorph.

David > experiments on Shaw > ???> huge eggs(?) > facehugger > host > xenomorph.

Thoughts? Am I missing anything? What are the little snake aliens in Prometheus? Was the Black Swarm really a bunch of little bugs like in David's sketches?
Is the Neomorph male?
Is the Xenomorph female?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YXWpVzfZJdg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The whole black crap is a convoluted mess.

youtube.com/watch?v=YXWpVzfZJdg

>make 13 minute in-depth review
>do the entire thing in an obnoxious half-assed puppet voice with an even worse fake-accent
Nope, not watching anymore of that. Your video sucks and you're a faggot

the 'snakes' from prometheus were indigenous worms which were transmutated by the black goo that had spilled out of the vials

After facehug impregnated you, a snake infant alien will come out to develope into an adult xenomorph.

I like his content is just a prick

>When the xenomorph first burst onto our screens in Alien, in 1979, its origins were shrouded in mystery. We knew what it looked like – a ferocious-looking creature, black-skinned, with a sharp, muscular tail, a curved, oblong head, acidic blood that would melt your face off and a powerful inner jaw to knock your brain out too. However, like Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) and the rest of the Nostromo crew, we didn’t know where it came from or what it wanted – other than to kill every human it came into contact with – and it wasn’t until James Cameron’s Aliens that it was given an actual name. Lieutenant Gorman (William Hope) was the first one to call it the xenomorph, by putting together the Greek words for alien (xeno) and form (morph).

>With every new instalment in the Alien franchise, new theories were put forward as to the xenomorph’s back-story, because its creators – Don O’Bannon, Ronald Shushet and Ridley Scott – had held back from actually giving it an official one. Before the arrival of Prometheus, some people had speculated that the parasitic aliens were the alpha predator of their own harsh ecosystem on the planet Xenamorph Prime. After Prometheus, theories focused more on the Engineers being the creators of the savage species.

Now with the arrival of Alien: Covenant, Scott has decided it is time the world knew the truth about his fearsome extra-terrestrial monster, but in order to properly explain the Xenomorph’s origin story, we first need to remind ourselves of some key plot points in Prometheus. At the end of the 2012 movie, Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace) escapes on the Engineer’s ship with a decapitated (but still functioning) David (Michael Fassbender) on board and hundreds of cylinders of black liquid – which contain a virulent biological weapon.

We first saw the effects of that liquid on humans when David tainted Charlie Holloway’s (Logan Marshall-Green) drink with it, and when Fifield (Sean Harris) fell face-first into a puddle of it. Holloway was killed before he mutated into the monstrous being Fifield became, which, though deadly, was nothing compared to the xenomorph. Shaw herself “births” her own alien offspring, the trilobite, after having the liquid accidentally sexually transmitted to her by Holloway. She cuts it out of her stomach before it can claw its way out of her, and it ends up latching onto the Engineer, causing a different strand of the alien species, the Deacon (AKA proto-xenomorph) to burst out of its chest. This alien shares a lot of characteristics with the xenomorph but, as we discover in Alien: Covenant, David is to thank for the real thing.

>In the new prequel we learn that Shaw and a mended David did arrive on the Engineers’ planet. Shaw had wanted to find out why the Engineers decided to destroy humans, whom the Engineers themselves created, but instead David decides to let the dangerous substance loose on them, subsequently wiping their entire population out. David turns the Engineers’ stronghold into his own personal lab, using the black liquid in experiments to create the first iterations of the alien species. It turns out the alien’s parasitic nature is inherited from the native wasps David had been experimenting on – which lay eggs inside their prey and, upon hatching, the larva eats the prey from the inside out.

>After exhausting the planet’s creatures and organisms in his experimentations with the black liquid, David ends up “sacrificing” Shaw to his genetic engineering. In a way she was the first queen, as it was through her female reproductive system that he was able to create the eggs containing the facehuggers. However, with no more humans to experiment on, David couldn’t progress any further.

Enter the Covenant crew who descend on the planet after picking up on a transmission of Shaw singing an old John Denver song – a honey pot trap set up by David in order to ensnare any passing human ships. Before they meet David, a couple of crew members are infected by embryotic spores. This leads to a more natural kind of xenomorph – called a neomorph and white in colour – to burst out of one crew member’s back and another’s chest. In comes David to save the remainder of the crew, but obviously not out of the kindness of his synthetic heart. Fresh humans provide just what he needs to take his scientific exploration to the next level and sadly for Captain Oram (Billy Crudup) he becomes David’s new guinea pig.

>Oram gets tricked into taking a hugger straight to the face – from the batch of eggs evolved using Shaw – and out of his chest comes David’s “perfect organism” – the first horrifying xenomorph. This creature is the final result of David’s Machiavellian creation cycle – the outcome of his ruthless pursuit to create an alien species far greater than the human that created himself.

>Black Ooze
The spacey jockeys used the original alien to make the black goo, david just reverse engineered them.
They have to go with this, scott can't outhack himself.

My assumption is that Neomorphs are attempts to imitate the Xenos, and are not /actually/ part of the lifecycle.

I like this explanation a little.

Could this mean that the xenomorphs existed before the engineers??!

That would make sense in that context.
They just have to explain what the engineers did with the aliens, they don't have to explain shit about the actual alien.
Maybe they could do some shit like humans are a direct result of engineers fucking around with the aliens.

Aliens existing before the david faggotry is even implied in Prometheus.

>Voxis Productions

This faggot again, stop spamming your videos on this board and Sup Forums, I just went through and disliked all your videos

Different thread, but anyone who says these movies disregard evolution is very short-sighted. These movies are ABOUT evolution. If you don't get what I'm saying, just imagine that the engineer at the beginning of Prometheus was seeding the Earth (or any planet) with the raw elements necessary for life to exist. His appearance as vaguely human is meant to be mostly metaphorical.

i was hoping this movie would feature some embryios that woudl incubate in the skin and then get out all at the same time, some sort of previous version of the chestburster, just like some insects in the jungle do. would make for some disgusting body horror, does the movie feature anything similar?

The black goo actually takes what's at hand and turns it into the best murder weapon possible.

That's why the xenmorphs have warped human bones and a giant dome head with a skull in thr front, their bodies are stretched out with the best available tools.

That job interview part wasn't bad though.

So what's the excuse for the original Alien derelict ship having a fossil

Here's an official chart.

thx user

Your average Sup Forums poster seems to need everything explained in great detail so I'm sure some will find this helpful.

Every time.

Every fucking time they use that same promo art from AVP for the alien. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Yeah, I notice that too. They must just like the shot.

I was expecting a Neomorph V Xenomorph fight

Something about David testing his latest creation (Xeno) against his previous models, the Neo's

That seems like something that would only happen in an AVP type movie. Makes no sense in the context of the xenomorphs that we've seen before.

So...where does Alien Queen come from?

I've read theories that David modified Shaw's eggs

I hope Scott somehow is able to remove it from the canon completely. I like Aliens, but I hate that the Aliens are equated to bees with a queen. Too many people like it though, so that will never happen.

NEW THREAD LET'S GO BROS

After all this I still don't fucking get it, there's too many aliens for me to process it correctly

What do I got to do, do I have to watch all the Alien movies one after the other repeatedly to get it? I barely remember anything of importance in Prometheus besides the black goo infecting some dude and all that and now Convenant makes everything more complicated
I thought the first xenomoprh to come out of Dr Manhattan's chest was a queen but apparently it wasn't

>Holloway was killed before he mutated into the monstrous being Fifield became, which, though deadly, was nothing compared to the xenomorph. Shaw herself “births” her own alien offspring, the trilobite, after having the liquid accidentally sexually transmitted to her by Holloway. She cuts it out of her stomach before it can claw its way out of her, and it ends up latching onto the Engineer, causing a different strand of the alien species, the Deacon (AKA proto-xenomorph) to burst out of its chest. This alien shares a lot of characteristics with the xenomorph but, as we discover in Alien: Covenant, David is to thank for the real thing.
You faggots really don't understand how much Ridley fucked the history do you? Are you all Fox shills or what. So everything you just posted explains the mural of a fucking Decon millions of years before.

The engineers were created by the xenos as cattle. Eventually the died off but the engineers sri worshipped them as gods. Eventually once they advanced to the point of using xeno tech they tried to resurrect their gods through cloning. Except the black pathogen was the result.

The end game here is the xenos saught immortality but knew eventually all civilizations fall due to their own arrogance. So they modified their DNA and planted the seeds for their own rebirth, knowing eventually another civilization would follow the same folly and result in reviving them from nothing.

That's literally the only thing that makes sense.

Also would TECHNICALLY make avp cannon and still believable

Samefagging yourself. Please fuck off.

What history exactly?

This, pretty pathetic.

from Prometheus and Alien.

>got to do
Black English or Southern English fag spotted.

Here's what you should do to completely understand the movies in THIS order.

Alien-Aliens-Alien 3-Alien Resurrection-Prometheus-Covenant.

Both Alien 3 and Resurrection are universally considered pretty shit, but 3 is a decent movie if you watch the directors cut. The first Alien is considered the best by many, but a lot of people also like Aliens because it feels like an action movie rather than horror and suspense like the first.

There are a few different kinds of Xenomorphs:

Deacons-Only Present at the end of Prometheus

Big Chap-Lone Xenomorph Present in Alien

Warrior-Present in Aliens, they have a more buglike look and act together in packs

Alien Queen-Gives birth to eggs that result in Alien warriors upon infecting a host.

Neomorph- White Aliens in Covenant. See for more information.

Protomorph-The very first xenomorph- David creates it in Covenant. It's not as intelligent as the Big Chap, but it's smarter than Neomorphs.

I think that's it. Also, it's not clear whether there is a difference between big chap eggs or warrior eggs. It's speculated that the chestburster is able to detect whether it's alone or not and adapts to fit the situation.The idea of the xenomorph existed before the engineers or along with the engineers somewhere in the universe. This is speculation, but I think that the Black Goo came from the Deacons.Engineers didn't make it all.

Why did the snek go inside Millburn?

>The idea of the xenomorph existed before the engineers or along with the engineers somewhere in the universe. This is speculation, but I think that the Black Goo came from the Deacons.Engineers didn't make it all.
You still don't understand that it took all that garbage just for a decon to be made. bunch of faggots are skirting the issues.

>poor little facehugger bros. born to die, life is fuck

>undetectable spores that work in no more than an hour and produce aliens
Or
>Eggs that obviously indicate someone is impregnated and should be abandoned, and takes longer

Let's look at what I took
1. David finds the black goo and takes a sample
2. Curious, he puts it in Holloways drink to see how it affects him
3. Holloway has sex with Elizabeth Shaw
4. Holloway gets sick, genetic deconstruction occurs and he seemingly dies
5. Shaw wakes up and comes to know that she has a trilobyte in her
6. She cuts it out, it's stuck in the medpod
7. It grows
8. It latches itself to an engineer
9. A deacon is born.

So around 9 steps were required for the deacon to come into existence. From the other Alien films, we know that other creatures can be attacked by facehuggers and aliens can be born. It's unlikely, but somewhat possible that the Engineers figured this out on their own through the black goo. They also could consider the deacon to be one of their greatest creations and perhaps that's why they have murals of it.

*it took

>Let's look at what I took
>1. Engineer finds the black goo and takes a sample
>2. Curious, he puts it in engineers drink to see how it affects him
>3. engineer has sex with engineers female
>4. engineers gets sick, genetic deconstruction occurs and he seemingly dies
>5. engineer wakes up and comes to know that she has a [trilobyte] in her
>6. She cuts it out, it's stuck in the medpod
>7. It grows
>8. It latches itself to an engineer
>9. A deacon is born.

>Protomorph
Any citation on this? I think it's just a new, creepier interpretation of the xenomorph. I think the new design is unrelated to the fact that it's davids first xeno.

The alien in Prometheus is the deacon. Not the normal xeno