DC Rebirth, censored for your protection. Discuss

DC Rebirth, censored for your protection. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iDuupQxkEe8?t=3m14s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How the fuck did Comedian's pin end up in the bat cave?

Will the Comedian rape the Joker?

I should hate it, but I don't. The idea that that particular book should be kept isolated on a little golden pedestal never really sat well with me. Especially given that it wasn't originally meant to be insular in the first place.

Joker left it when he infiltrated the Batcave

you know what this means

Depends how much booze he's had?

It looks like the yellow box says "...we were kings" and you censored "and shiet"

I get the feeling Alan Moore wouldn't be pleased with this.

Damn it Gordon! Not now!

Which Joker?

I get the feeling that the sun will rise tomorrow.

The Comedian IS the Joker.
That will be the reveal in JLA 50.

Where can they possibly go from here? Will DC stop at Manhattan, or can we expect Rorschach and Nite Owl too, especially since they already have equivalents in the DCU who are still relevant?

More at 11.
On the other side, I wonder if he's really thinking that or he pretends to be cranky hateful spiteful oldtimer.

I'm pretty sure who wouuldn't even care unless you took him out for an interview and a cuppa and even then he'd just take the piss out of you by playing with the LOCAL MAN STILL SALTY ABOUT A CAPEBOOK HE WROTE 30 YEARS AGO DESPITE WRITING BETTER THINGS SINCE narrative

If the Comedian or Rorschach go after one of the Jokers, whose plot armor will beat whose? Is Batgod's preptime enough to beat Rorschach's?

>Rorschach having any plot armor
>got his ass beat by cops and Adrian
>killed by Manhattan
>he got lucky finding out Adrian killed the Comedian
>he was no where near close to knowing what Adrian's master stroke was

If any Ozymandias' plot armor v Batman's would be more interesting

>Nite Owl equivalent
>relevant

I wish

He's getting an on going and a movie.

Nothing ever ends Sup Forums

Ted's in Rebirth, my man

He's still a fan favorite. All it takes for DC to give a character a disproportionate amount of plot armor is if their fanbase is big and loud enough.

>I sat on the bed. I looked at the Rorschach blot. I tried to make it look like a spreading tree, shadows pooled beneath it, but it didn't. It looked more like a dead cat I once found, the fat, glistening grubs writhing blindly, squirming over each other, frantically tunneling away from the light. But even that isn't the real horror. The horror is this: in the end, it is simply a picture of empty meaningless blackness.

What did he mean by this?

What did user mean by this?

>central panel
>Jon's john is the centre of the universe
THEY'VE BEEN PLANNING THIS SINCE THE START

There will be
>Rorschach vs The Question #1
I give them six months.

And the sun is his dick

>the sun in the model is his dick
subtle

>Watchmen character vs Any DC superhero

Such an unfair question. Watchmen heroes are basically just realistic above average dudes, putting them up against superheroes like Batman or Spiderman, they're just bound to lose.

Rorschach wasn't killed when Manhattan vaporized him. He was transported to the DC world. It'll either be instantaneous during the events of Rebirth because time shenanigans, or he lost his memories and is actually the nu52 Question who is amnesiac too.

Screencap this.

Phallic symbols are often present in mythology as origin of life. Chronos' blood and jizz gave life, same with Osiris. It's kinda fitting here.

It gives Superman power!

>the nu52 Question
That would be interesting

inb4 Rorschach is presented as a 6 feet attractive ginger

screencap THIS

I wonder would Questionfags be triggered.

The fuck is going on with Bruce's arm? Did he get Liefeld roids or something?

It's obvious that this doesn't make sense on so many levels, but still it will sale so DC has artistic integrity and basic common sense on one hand and money on the other. Guess what they will choose.

What's even going on with the Question? Last I heard there was two, and they weren't Renee or Vic.

Are there two Rorschachs now?

36 Kars

One of them is Vic, we don't know who the other is

Are there scans?

Walter was supposed to be a manlet?

>don't know who the other one is

RORSCHACH CONFIRMED

Rorschach is 5'6", he's also ugly/below average, stinky and poor. These aspects are very important for his character.

He's 5'6.

He isn't just a manlet. He's a midget.

That's what user is playing with. Walter is short, ugly ginger. But our heroes are always attractive so he'd have to go through beautification process.

I'm assuming they mean Trinity of Sin Question

Just make him look the way he did in the movie and Before Watchmen. He was weirdly hot in those.

I knew Rorschach was ugly,stunk and his handwriting was shit but I guess I didn't realize how short he was.

>Rorschach vs Wolverine crossover confirmed.

Did you watch the movie? It shows you his shortness at the first few minutes.

Would Logan even really try against Rorschach? I mean the dude would break his hand trying to punch him but he'd just keep wailing at him.

It's been awhile since I've watched it

>Rorschach is so fucking savage he would weird Woleverine out.

Im ok with that.

>Rorschach will come into the DCU and will be that one friend everyone hates, especially the Batfam except maybe Jason
>he will have no problem with killing the Joker
>no raping, though
>the Question and Rorschach can finally have their long awaited meeting
>Rorschach can turn Ted into his replacement Dan

Please make it happen, DC, go all the way with this insane bullshittery.

They are going to rape Watchmen
Why people are happy about it?

>>he will have no problem with killing the Joker
>>no raping, though
You're literally the worst Commissioner Gotham ever had.

>Muh Watchmen

Fuck off with this sacred cow shit. If Johns is really trying to make a statement about Watchem's status by finally knocking it off its pedestal, more power to him. Let's at least have fun with it.

I want to see "I did it 35 minutes ago" get undone.

Watchmen deserves it

Wasn't Watchmen a comic in DC universe? I think the Question was shown reading it once and being unsettled by Rorschach.

People hate Zack Snyder here

>look up info on the other question
>he's portrayed in suicide squad with rorschach's mannerisms and political views against communism
>was brutal enough to be drafted into the suicide squad

holy shit.

interesting characters worth analyzing and talking about
>rorschach
>comedian
>manhattan
>nite owl
>adrian veidt

forgettable tier
>silk spectre

Because people like to be contrarians and show how alternative they are by saying it alwas was shit.

>>silk spectre
Has anyone ever unironically like Laurie outside of fapping?

It was a good story. It never deserved to be put on a pedestal though.

So now it's being knocked to the floor and passed around as a rape toy. Now it's just another comic.

Geoff is an honest to god hero and everyone in this industry should be praising him

Her Before Watchmen issue was cute, probably the only good book in that whole lineup.

But Darwyn Cooke wrote it so that's no surprise.

Doubt it. Dudes are more interesting than her.

I love Watchmen. It's my favorite comic of all time.

But it has a ton of flaws, and it hasn't aged well, and it's one of the stories responsible for propelling DC into this geimdark rut it can't seem to escape. Not everything can be edgy and cynical 24/7. Hopefully now that this is happening, indiefags will finally wake up and stop blindly praising it as the gold standard comics should be held to.

watchmen isn't even that edgy or grimdark, 3 of its characters are just nihilistic.

I liked most of the Before Watchmen titles

>St. George = Johns
>Horse= Wally West
>Maiden = Comic Readers
>Dragon = Watchmen

Does this mean that we won't get a Vic ongoing?
Rorschach sucks

People fap to Laurie?

The Comedian and the Flying mammal human?

Alan Moore please.

Oh, fuck! They are raping Alan Moore

Watchmens whole point was that superhero comics SHOULDN'T be edgy and dark. It exists to shine a light on how intrinsically childish these characters are at their core and how they fall apart under any realistic scrutiny.

Unfortunatly it was a victim of its own "coolness" and people took Moores message to mean men in colorful spandex punching other men in colorful spandex was intelligent and adult fiction.

Alan Moore doesn't give a fuck about Watchmen. Goes far to say his work is a piece of shit.

Why are you faggots still putting it on a pedestal?

I feel so much hype, but something is not right

No he doesn't. He still holds it up.

Its Killing Joke he doesn't give a shit about.

Becuase a huge section of DC fans blame Watchmen for all the ills in comics today.

Rather than blaming the writers or ya know, themselves for reading that shit.

They think that by dragging Watchme down and handing it to some hack writer they're purging out the problems in comics.

Wait, watchmen is canon to the main DC comics now?

Dr.Manhattan left to make the DCU after the he left Ozy so yes

>Becuase a huge section of DC fans blame Watchmen for all the ills in comics today.
But that's not even really the case. Remember the 00's, when DC decided to bring a lot of the Silver-Age craziness back? Remember when that shit was in vogue and people even called the mid-00's a sort of 'Neo-Silver Age,' with the sort of comic booky weirdness fueling a lot of the ideas like Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison having? I thought DC more or less got over their grimdark phase a LONG time ago. Except for elements of the nu52, but that's because DC went full retard.

Even then, DC was never really as bad as Marvel or Image when it came to grimdark comics.

>People hate Zack Snyder here
And People hate Scott Snyder here.

Because fuck it. Fuck Alan Moore too.

I can appreciate it as a well written comic but the pedestal people put it on is fucking ridiculous. I'm tired of something that ponderous and unnecessary being so revered. I'm tired of both DC and fanboys everywhere holding it up as the apex of the medium.

What would Superheroes be like in the real world? I guess they'd end up being rapists and genocidal maniacs. Awesome, that's a question that really needed answering.

>youtu.be/iDuupQxkEe8?t=3m14s
>I love this world....but there's something missing.
I don't know where people are getting the idea that Manhattan is going to be an antagonist. Maybe initially the DCU guys think he's a bad guy but he clearly loves this world he created. It'll probably end with him seeing the error he made and undoing it.

>What would Superheroes be like in the real world? I guess they'd end up being rapists and genocidal maniacs. Awesome, that's a question that really needed answering.
Always loved Brave New World and shapeshifter that got hired to impersonates Kennedy eventually became maniacal dictator and takes over USA.

>only based Johns has the balls to shine a light on Watchmen and what it did to comics
>people losing their shit saying that it's too sacred to touch are only proving him right

Other than DC Rebirth #1, how's the Dr Manhattan story going to continue? Is there a #2? Or will it be told through the various characters' Rebirth one-shots? Or a little bit of both, like Multiversity?

I honestly wouldn't put it past them.

Moore already claimed Darwyn Cooke for his sins on Before Watchmen
somebody should keep a check on Johns for supernatural activity

Johns has Morrison backing him up so he's off limits for Moore