American houses

Why are they built so poorly?

This is actually considered a quality method of fixing your wall in America.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nisse_(folklore)
vimeo.com/161418954
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bet

Wood frame houses are exactly what they sound like. A wood frame. The interior walls are just insulation covered with drywall. Easy to fix, easy to break. On the West coast, it's way too dangerous to build a stone house. They wouldn't last in an earthquake.

We're not interested in spending six figure sums to impress European NEETs

man this german is really butthurt about the furry thread

Is the drywall/OSB structural in some cases?

well that's the correct way to fix it

Build a new house from the ground up

He did an amazingly square and tight patch, i can only assume he spent 15 minutes off camera doing that.

He could try using actual construction screws, or even just learning how to swing a hammer. I think germany was whining about the house not being made out of rocks to begin with

no

Osb is used nearly everywhere for lateral stability floors and load bearing walls

oh yeah, plywood is structural, I only saw drywall

>We're not interested in spending six figure sums to impress European NEETs

true, you need to save that money for when you go hospital or when your house gets blown away

McMansions.

Why don’t you build out of stone?
There’s plenty of stone
Are north americans stupid?

Those are to impress each other, and to enjoy more living space. The gotta be stone stuff is just autism; nobody cares because it doesn't matter

Nifty thrifty kike empire built for a dollar fifty (at the goyim's expense of course).

Too expensive. That's why everyone can afford relatively large homes, because they're cheap shit

Bruh, they're fuckhuge on tiny plots.

My home has 9 bedrooms and it’s made out of stone
Are you some kind of lowlife?

>more living space
Because 3000 sqft won't cut it? It's gotta be 5000 sqft with a seperate guest room, home office, hobby room, rec room and a warehouse sized foyer?

I mean, I'm not even arguing against wooden houses, but for GOD's sake please trade some of that useless fucking size for better quality.

What about a timber house? It's not expensive and faster to set up than a finshed house. It's really comfy and isolated too.

Way more expensive than white pine 2x4s, good lumber is ridiculously priced in usa

>sitting area no one has ever used
I once entered a big ass house that had like 3 or 4 different sitting areas, each with a unique style of chairs and tables. I couldn't believe my eyes. When would you ever sit there?

Oh i didn't know. My uncle builds houses and got a lumber mill so i guess i'm lucky.

You spend more

>Why don’t you build out of stone?
Because we're not retards who deforested an entire continent

The best option.

Yet when i managed projects in Germany good lumber was half the price it is in America

WOW
this looks amazing

I hope this is a guest bedroom because for a sofa it's a bit sparse on backrests. Love the Scandinavian style of light colours and minimal decorations combined with clear lines and classic materials though.

Those walls are much thicker than the walls in my house
You think American houses are bad, you are in for a shock if you ever come to New Zealand

Because in Europe we replant our forests when we cut them down. It's a pretty advanced concept I guess.

nigga we do that here and its still overpriced as shit

Is that an invitation?

there are brick and concrete houses here too

>not retards who deforested an entire continent

I didn't know Britain was a continent

Presidential order to stop expensively replanting forests to lower prices for honest builders because trees regrow by themselves DUH when?

this looks a bit ugly. too white.
I don't like it when people try hard to stain/darken their woods, but pics like this remind me why.
They could save it by going easy on the rest of the decoration, but everything's white.

can someone explain this to me
why not build a house from concrete blocks in parts of america where tornados are an often occurrence
i mean, you build it once, it won't get blown away, maybe a smashed windows, maybe even roof gets blown away, but not the whole fucking house

is it that much more expensive, instead of building an carton board house just build one that doesnt get blown away complete with all it's belongings

Are solid wood walls good for insulation?

Liar

there are

>american calls us yurupoor
>there are actually faking their wealth

Bloody yanks.

>brick/stone
Not good in Earthquake or hurricane country. These homes are more expensive and will get rektd by tornadoes

>wood
Cheap, easy to build/transport which means more house for less $$$

>>american calls us yurupoor
>>there are actually faking their wealth
>Bloody yanks.
When it's 30 cm thick, yes. I don't know how it compares to your drywall-rockwool sandwiches though.

>earthquakes
maybe if there are often 8+ richter earthquakes which i doubt a place like that exists
>These homes are more expensive and will get rektd by tornadoes
no they wont
what is wrong with you?
we have winds too and none of our houses get destroyed

some old houses near the sea i have seen have a 1m thick wall, which is about 3 feet

what is better for sound isolation? stone or wood?

also is it true that it isolates from cold pretty well? so, apart from maybe tornados what are the disadvantages of wood houses?

Looks like a summer cottage. "Sofas" double as beds for guests.

>"Sofas" double as beds for guests.
What uncultured country are you from where you make guests sleep on the couch?

Get a futon or a hide-a-bed, or even a murphy bed, and have that in the spare room (guest room).

And if you want to live in such a place, you'd better quake proof your house. Building a new home every 5 years or so sounds too tiresome, no matter how little it supposedly costs.

Why is the wall so thin? No concrete or anything

Those look like full sized beds arranged as sofas.

Also
>futon
Might as well hoist up a tent and give the guest a sleeping bag and tell you're adventurous.

You don't want your guests to stay for too long, and it's a bit rude to just tell them to fuck off.
You gotta think ahead mate.

Futon's still better than a sofa, assuming they're not a manlet.

>Those walls are much thicker than the walls in my house

Because yours are likely newer and drywall

The OP webm is an old house with manually laid plaster, they tend to be thick as hell.

post houses and interiors

a bit vikang-y

you like?

>no they wont

You're 1 google search away from seeing a lot of your block "tornado proof" homes laying in rubble in America.

i like

Slightly japanese
Nice view

I like the pomp in this pic

>pics of 100 year old houses, smallest bricks used, made with a combination of wood wtf
>brick houses cant whitstand tornado
lmaoing@u

Yeah my house is old and I can't even put a thumbtack in the wall to hang my anime posters, shit is lame.

>mfw not all american houses have hardwood flooring
This has to be some kind of joke, right?

Even in brazil we have good houses.
Americans are on favela level

i have a bunch of saved pics of houses and interior

Where are the insulation?

This is my paradise

Most likely an interior wall, they usually aren't insulated

The walls are quite thin then, you can hear other people fugging

i like wooden houses
but would prolly love to live somewhere where the weather is nice and hot

What are the kettle and coffee pot doing up there?
How do you get them down?

This is some Japanese level thinking
I remember talking to my friend about it one time, usually you give a guest tea when they come in
You keep serving them tea throughout the time they're there
And then you serve them ochazuke (I think) as a cue for them to fuck off because it's rude to suggest they leave

Horseback archery is my guess

Its ornament

someone needs to mutt edit this webm

Osb yeah drywall no are you dumb nigga

I like 4 distinct seasons, autumn is best. Not too hot or cold and not so many insects as in Spring.

>he doesn't know
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nisse_(folklore)

Le démoniaque...

wood is a fairly decent insulator

Why are germans always the wiseasses that think, they have it figured out?
There are millions of construction workers in the US. Houses have been built this way for generation.

But the german knows something that millions don't, clearly.

you build it that way because it's cheap not because it's the best way

fuck that is good posting :O

>Why don’t you build out of stone?
Lots of block houses where I live but they are generally small. It costs more to build them.

Interestingly it is poorer people that build them, probably because they need them to last.

that's not a house that's a shed, houses aren't build with wood

Don't you think that it's also because it's cultural thing?

It's also unnecessary to make them out of stone or concrete? Just why? Because europeans do it that way? Who cares.

Having a house made out of stone won't help you in an earthquake, storm surge, no tornados.

It's pointless.

This.

Poor people have concrete/stone houses.

Look at every picture of latin america or south east asia. They have concrete houses.

when an 7/8+ earthquake hit my friends' border town all the wood houses on the US side were fine and on the mexican side they'd all crumbled because they were made from stone.

The wall absorbed most of the shockwave

>we have winds too and none of our houses get destroyed

You guys just don't grasp how powerful tornadoes can get in America. They make your tornadoes look like glorified thunderstorms. An F4 or higher would reduce any of your stone or timber houses to a flat pad. They are not invincible, which for some inexplicable reason you seem to believe they are.

vimeo.com/161418954

Americans don't seem to get what "stone" house means. It's not just a fake stone facade or a single row of bricks.
Most building are reinforced concrete and typically 2+ layers of brickwork. An F4 tornado would blow out the windows and mess up furniture but do nothing to the rest of the house.
Your own "shelters" are often less reinforced than our regular homes.

meters are the one metric measurement we understand dont belittle us

>He doesn't want to live in a mcmansion

>An F4 tornado would blow out the windows and mess up furniture but do nothing to the rest of the house.

Again, you just don't fucking get it. These things reduce industrial complexes to pebbles. They bend steel I-beams into spaghetti.

All of your
>why don't they just build houses like us XD
talk is ignorance. Plain and simple.