Does forced diversity hurt the quality of films?

Does forced diversity hurt the quality of films?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ANj9JBjrRB4
m.uk.ign.com/articles/2017/02/20/first-look-at-the-predator-cast-r-rating-confirmed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes

Depends.

>wouldn't it be cool if he had a bunch of buff dudes from different backgrounds coming together to fight a predator

That's neat

>We need a few minorities to balance out our white lead, that will do well with the test audiences.

That's gay

idk apparently things that are diversity do better than things that aren't.

This, also if you are adapting existing work its usually a bad idea. Historical pieces are probably the worst though, having niggers in medieval europe playing kings and shit is retarded, why not make stories about africa or something with all black cast.

Yes, because it's always niggers, other minorities exist too but of course Asians and Hispanics don't exist for these retards.

It does when minorities are shoehorned into historical pieces where they wouldn't have been, like black people in Beauty and the Beast.

No we are objectively in the golden age of film. Mad white boys and r/theDonald fags are just pmsing

Uh, black people literally taught Europeans how to bathe

youtu.be/ANj9JBjrRB4

The guy from Izombie says it.

is that why our skin is white?

yeah I literally couldn't understand that indian guy in Jurassic world

Yes because it inherently makes the movie a vehicle for politics of the director.

Shitty nostalgia for dead IPs is the bigger criminal.

Why the fuck is there a kid in a predator movie?

>Olivia Munn
>black funny man
>ginger kid

They're never going to succeed where the first Predator did because they don't understand why it was so great. It was just an insane testosterone fueled crazy good time. The only woman is an attractive one that exists to be yelled at.

That pic has zero charisma compared to the first one

i liked predators (2010)

so did I

The original cast of Predator was equally diverse. Having a cast of 10 white males isn't interesting. You're a retard. Get fucked.

Carl Weathers is an honorary white man.

You fucking idiot. It wasn't forced. That's the difference

He actually says something interesting in that video. it annoys him that white people can play any type of white person, but people will get offended if he as an indian played an egyptian or some other brown role. As long as he's convincing it shouldn't matter.

they do, look at all the recent flops with white male leads like king arthur while movies with women or non white male leads are performing great (star wars, get out, fast 8 etc)

he's a shit actor though

you aren't alone

Yes

This

they could have replaced everyone with snails star wars box office result would have been the same

Is it forced in the new one? When I look at the picture I don't think "Shane Black is trying to appeal to everyone", I just think it looks like a bunch of soldiers.

Idk I only seen him act in one thing and he does that well.

Never watched iZombie so I wouldn't know. I like him in the youtube videos though.

>smart black guy that does computers well
>badass black guy that veers close to the stereotype they want
>white man
>asian/hispanic/some kind of european woman that don't need no man and don't take no shit from no one nuh uh
>black funny man make joke
>retard kid that is secretly a genius and has the cure to the predator virus in his boypussy

no you don't you dumb faget

Nevermind diversity, this has to be the saddest movie cast I've seen in ages. It's like they're not even trying, is this one of those 'need to make a movie which loses money for tax reasons' type shit ?

Seriously, this looks like the cast of a low budget Sy-fy series, not something that will try to compete at the box office.

Predator franchise is officially dead.

the cast isn't even the worst part about this shitflick

literally PREDATORS THAT JOIN THE HUMAN RACE AGAINST OTHER PREDATORS

I thought it was dumb they had two flying black guys in the avengers movie or whatever. I couldn't even tell them apart. Didn't Ike say something like that and people got all triggered? He was right

>Hating a movie for not having enough big names
You're the reason Hollywood is dying you fucking faggot

How does one define forced diversity?

The problem isn't the races of these people, the problem is they look like they're in line for starbucks, not like they're battling predators

and yet black people still smell.

It's gonna be hilarious in the final Avengers movies when they have to squeeze in the diversity, but the movie has too many characters already so Falcon, War Machine and Black Panther are gonna be small cameos.

I laughed so hard at this. He's right

The tank is cool, but I don't know.

the fuck

Ah yes, gotta tap that Black hacker in a predator movie market, dumbo

None of those things are new except maybe the tech savy black guy, and even then this is not such a huge cliche, is it?
You faggots are just desperate to get outraged

>brown playing other type of brown

>You're the reason Hollywood is dying you fucking faggot

Yeah, because having actors that draw audiences is some recent concept in Hollywood you dumb fuck.

Also the original cast looked like they could take on a Predator and a small guerilla army, these fuckers looks like social workers.

And that kid, wtf...

>reddit spacing
How about suicide?

Snappy comeback...

pathetic forced meme

>Social workers vs Predator

sounds like what they would have done if Predator 2 had been a hit

I like the helmet

>wanting to save hollywood
you first lad

Hm, wonder where you heard that.

there needs to be at least 3 more black men in that picture. what a racist film

and the last one.

m.uk.ign.com/articles/2017/02/20/first-look-at-the-predator-cast-r-rating-confirmed

hate the casting
still intrested

To me, forced diversity is when you can tell that the only reason there is a black/hispanic/asian person playing a character is because the ((studio execs)) want to play up the SJW crowd, even at the cost of the script.

Examples: The most recent Magnificent Seven reboot is not forced diversity. I have no problem believing the cast for this movie because the characters are appropriate to the time period the movie is set in.

The King Arthur movie, however, is forced diversity. It is extremely doubtful that A) a black man would be a knight of a medieval court, B) several free black people would be just sprinkled around Medieval England, and C) that there would be a Chinese martial arts master in medieval London.

Now, that doesn't mean that black people/minorities have to be excluded from all medieval/high fantasy movies. In the Kevin Costner Robin Hood adaption, for example, Morgan Freeman plays a Moorish soldier. This is a believable character, and adds to the story rather than takes away from it.

3 black guys and 1 white guy

reminder that black guys are 6 percent of the US population, even less in Europe and like .01 percent of China's population.

Blacks are WAY over represented in film.

>jamaicanmilitaryexercise.jpg

>reminder that black guys are 6 percent of the US population,

what

Nigger, that movie had demons and all kinds of shit, they didn't even have Levis in their day and everyone was wearing levis and shit. I thought I was watching Christopher Lambert's Beowulf or something.

3 blacks out 5 mains excluding the kid......

You'd think we were majority black here in the states if your only American knowledge was watching movies and tv shows.

An Asian girl in my class said she used to think the US was like 50 50 white and black. Then she came here and realized it absolutely fucking isn't.

obviously just by saying something is "forced" implies the writing is bad

however, just because there is more than 1 minority in the cast doesn't automatically mean its forced

Blacks are around 13 percent of the US population give or take. Black males are around half of that.

Stay in school, Carl.

I think he meant black men.

What about when the cast in majority non white and all the non whites are black males?

(excluding Munn who is a hapa)

I kinda agree with you, but Magnificent Seven looks like it has forced diversity. I look at that group and I don't believe it for a god damn second.

Does Shane have a nigger fetish or something?

Or is he forced to use this cast? 3 nigger guys? They look the fucking same.

>Hugely successful franchise
>Popular in Asia
>Barely any whites

REALLY makes me think

>People see Fast and Furious for the actors

You really are dumb.

This topic is discussed every day here... meanwhile 90% of the movies discussed here are from the last 40 years or so, and one barely ever sees any discussion of movies from the incredible 1940s-1980s time period. Television & Film, my ass.

It is when you consciously try keeping score and sacrafice artistic integrity for the sake of statement.
It's "good" when nobody gives af like pic related

watching old flicks is such a huge waste of time

at least read a book or something

>Having a cast of 10 white males isn't interesting
Agreed, 10 is not nearly enough.

the point is the makeup of a cast doesn't automatically mean anything but is instead about how the story/characters are written

But we have to have 5 threads at all times talking about how there's too many black actors.

Tyler Perry is secretly producing the film.
They were THIS close to a Madea Vs Predator movie.

I want to see what would happen to Japanese films if whites just started mass migrating there until we were like 15 percent of their population.

I wonder if they would start putting a shit ton of us in their movies like Jews do non whites.

What do you guys think?

Of course it does, Djimon Hounsou should know better than to sign on to King Arthur... imagine if Michael Fassbender played Kunta Kinte?

No, Forced Munn hurts films.

In this case it looks kind of stupid. 3 similar looking nigger males in a cast of 5 and a kid?

It sounds like you're trying to excuse this shit.

Tbf, if you get 10 buff, white Hollywood action stars they would all pretty much look and act the same. It's different in a drama with actual actors.

>I thought it was dumb they had two flying black guys in the avengers movie or whatever.
That's the opposite of forced diversity though. It's forced when there's one member of a group put in as a token. If you just chose heroes at random, you could easily end up with 2 flying black guys.

The 3 niggers in this movie look the same too.

You can give them different characters. To say white male stars would act the same is stupid.

I went to Japan and I'm 5'4 and towered over everyone. Impregnated 16 women on my first day, the men as well they wanted it the japanese will die at my hands

m8, you're just stupid

Nothing in movies is random you dumb fuck.

They purposely chose 2 flying black guys and it was fucking stupid.

no way. There are way more super heroes that aren't black guys. They just didn't want to turn down any black guy they already forced into another movie

WHAT stories about Africa, they couldn't read or write before slavery!

I did too, in fact I liked it much more than Predator 2

not an argument

It's actually not. They have a bunch of well liked white characters and then throw in the black B-team so that people won't get upset.

Who cares honestly

Of course you don't care, Schlomo.

I love it.

Majority white Chads
>wheres the diversity reeeeeeeee

Majority nigs in a country where they are 13 percent of the pop.
>Who cares, goyim?

They are comic book accurate and made sense for the story, choosing them for any other reason would be "forced"