youtu.be/O7_jeqjBYzI
bumpworthy.com/bumps/7335
bumpworthy.com/bumps/1803
bumpworthy.com/bumps/1804
bumpworthy.com/bumps/1819
youtube.com/watch?v=JSHgQSjLXU8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Liberal bias.

When they started putting shows that can be only enjoyed by pothead on.

When the guy that voiced Captain Murphy on Sealab 2021 died

I remember when AS first aired I saw a promo for Cowboy Bebop and I thought to myself "Cowboy Bebop? Thats the stupidest sounding thing I've ever heard. That looks gay."

Then it turned out to be my most favorite piece of media entertainment I've ever seen.

dude mde lmao

watch more film

Yea it was only on toonami years before AS was even a thought

children's hospital was a mistake

when they stopped showing this kino

I would say around the time they didn't pick up Korgoth of Barbaria as a show and then started doing more and more live tv shows and moved away from original unique animations.

I feel like the newest show they had that was animated that was amaazing was Metalocalypse and they already fucked that up too because they are run by idiots.

You're just getting old. Everything changes, even the things you used to like.

11pbp

Uh no? Cowboy Bebop premiered in America on Adult Swim the very first night it aired.

this, but early Adult Swim is good. They just sold out hard.

when did they stop airing home movies? i always thought it would be like aqua teen and be in semi-regular rotation forever. it's a fucking adult swim staple. first show they ever aired.

It's still going wrong with them still airing Cleveland Show and constantly fucking around with KotH.

I WANT AN HOUR OF KotH, DAMNIT.

FUCK CLEVELAND SHOW.

Badly run network with little to no ambition that panders to easily amused stoners in order to keep afloat instead of properly supporting and funding some of the brilliant programming that somehow ends upon its shores. Not quite MTV tier yet, but gets closer and closer towards that devolution as time goes by.

>some of the brilliant programming that somehow ends upon its shores
such as?

Live Action

tom goes to the mayor was good, but everything else tim and eric spawned was cancer.

in case anyone misses the old song:
>youtube.com/watch?v=upDkas0_WpU

When it stopped being hip hop oriented
Flying Lotus was peak AS
youtube.com/watch?v=J8CdnCpVQ0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=NewrZ6ivFcY
youtube.com/watch?v=itzPb6878HY
youtube.com/watch?v=PoQ2dq_V_oQ

I used to always look forward to my daily King of the Hill Power Hour.

I mean, I have the series downloaded, but still.

Fuck the Cleveland show.

Boston Bomb scare caused a change in leadership
The popularity of Tim and Eric allowed for a deluge of terrible, cheap, anti-humor crap that filled the air time that otherwise would have been used for animated shows

When they made half of their programming reruns of Fox shows

2003 was their best year

>futurama debuted
>family debuted and was still fresh at that time
>plain white text on black background packaging debuted
>FLCL debuted
>Big O debuted
>Trigun debuted
>Lupin III and Blue Gender as well
>Home Movies and ATHF and Sealab 2021 and Harvey Birdman all still in production

Probably somewhere after 2007 I'm guessing. I can't really remember everything. I was there from the first airing though, on the ground floor.

Last two are J Dilla

GI Joe PSA + YTMND + Ratings turning into youtube views.

I didn't know I wasn't the only one pissed off at this

Ya no shit faggot

I miss Assy McGee so fucking much. It's one of my favorite shows. I wont forgive Adult Swim for cancelling it. Same goes for Check it Out, i miss that show too. Mike Tyson Mysteries is great though.

Too much anime

I'm not into chinese cartoon that much but Cowboy Bebop will always have a place in my heart, I haven't seen any other animated shows like it

live action
seth macfarlane anything
DUDE

youtube.com/watch?v=LYarkE3Msig

Is it, dare I say, kino?
Not even being ironic.

nu-males aren't funny

Bingo

It's always been pothead humour. See: ATHF, SeaLab, And Harvey Birdm'n

This entire thread reads like "it's shit now I don't have to ask mommy to stay up late anymore".

this is the closest to truth I've ever seen. I remember staying up with my infant daughter watching this lineup until she fell asleep

They got a bit too experimental. It's like when a prog rock band doesn't know when to end the song. Then just riff on one lick on repeat for 6 minutes and the keyboard play is just smashing on keys making random sounds.

No, Adult Swim sucks now that I don't smoke weed anymore

>They got a bit too experimental
no they didnt
>and the keyboard play is just smashing on keys making random sounds
ugh, you sound like the kind of person who says that somebody must've been LIKE TOTALLY HIGH ON ACID WHEN THEY MADE THIS XDD

>liking things when you're high that you don't like when you're sober
you have to be 18 to post here

What? Like you're not going to laugh at the same shit when you're sober just not as hard.
You fucking poseur.

They did get too experimental with those crap live shows like Saul and the Molemen or whatever that was, and fat guy trapped in the internet.

When they got rid of the actual swimming pool bumpers and replaced them with dorky messages and started playing nothing but Futurama, then Family Guy, then King of the Hill, then American Dad, then Cleveland. It became so soulless.

when they killed space ghost

youtu.be/O7_jeqjBYzI

>flying lotus

get some taste

bumpworthy.com/bumps/7335
bumpworthy.com/bumps/1803
bumpworthy.com/bumps/1804
bumpworthy.com/bumps/1819

Some of their web content is not bad but they have been going down hill for years.

Their formula for short but sweet runs of series was was made adult swim good

>bumpworthy.com/bumps/1819

Ah yes YNQ!

>Neon Joe got a second season
How?

NO EATING IN THE POOL
WHAT IS THAT?

back when anime was still apart of adult swim's identity

Hence why Venture Bro's is still running and they resorted to rehashing old shows from Cartoon Network

don't have cable anymore and never will ever again, but I've seen clips of that second brad Neely show.

and yeah stick a fucking for in this shit. It's dead.

Cancelling Moral Orel

Sealab 2021 was better than Aqua Teen. Harry Goz was taken from us too soon.

Yeah. 2003 was a really good year, maybe the best in the past 15 years, honestly.

around the time tim and eric started shitting out their trite and they had 3 different seth mcfarland shows

Not promoting Frisky Dingo was also terrible.

Truth be told Adam Reed could have given it a better name.

I think the first seasons of both shows were on par with one another but season 2 is when sea lab started to get stupid while aqua teen didn't sink as low but sealab was laid to rest instead of being whored out so it won in the end

honestly every time i see something about archer i just think "poor mans frisky dingo"

That was really too bad for the show

He was on an episode of Law and Order once. Harry Goz iirc

sad to see jon benjamin's voice talents being wasted on that trash

When they stopped airing swim meets. Same as MTV.

And Archer has officially entered "live long enough to see yourself become the villain" territory. I was getting tired of it by Season 3

Season 2 of Sealab was solid. Season 3 was the beginning of the decline in quality because of them having to replace Murphy. Season 2 has some of the best episodes, like the Adrian Barbobot, Bizarro, Debbie Gets Married, etc.

how can anyone watch it? how does anyone look at Archer and possibly go "yeah that is the voice that would come out of this character's mouth" ???

This, Archer has become the official
>I'm in my mid-late 30s/early 40s, work at a white collar office job and have super edgy and snarky sarcastic coworkers
show

it's fine but the of season 1 had a more low key humor than season 2 when it started to go balls to the wall which is fine and I like those eps but season 1 appeals to me because of it

That isn't a problem with Archer at all, H.Jon Benjamin is the only thing the show has going for it at this point. The problem with it was that Matt Thompson got such a God Complex from finally having a successful show that he's crawled entirely up his own ass, and the majority of the show now revolves around the HI LAR IOUS catch phrases that were funny in the first 2 seasons but are now so worn out that they've entered normie territory.

Instead of constantly coming up with new stuff, it's the same tired jokes about Pam, Mallory, Lana's tits, Kreger is crazy, etc.

Agreed, Season 1 was definitely Adult Swim kino, it was really borderline experimental. Same as Space Ghost and S1/2 Aqua Teen, with the super long pauses, drawn out jokes, and chill vibes.

It really was stoner TV, but you didn't have to be stoned because that lineup would MAKE you stoned by the time you were done watching them. Early Adult Swim was chill as fuck.

When season 4 of Superjail WASN'T EVEN A FULL SEASON AND NOW IT'S GONE

glad to see someone else also appreciates the first seasons of both shows

super jail was long since tired out by then

Too much live action garbage along with filling timeslots with American Dad and Family Guy because they know retards will watch.

>cowboy bebop
>chinese
Unironically kys

I used to think AS shows were super hardcore or "adult" because as a kid I just didn't get Home Movies or SGC2C, and then with the animes I thought they all had graphic sex and shit but when I watched YYH and Bebop I wondered why the heck it wasnt on Toonami.

Holy goddamn shit, how to spot a newfriend 101 right here

They had blood and language. They heavily cut and edited DBZ for its Toonami release too. Oddly enough though, they left the panty stuff in Dragonball. I guess they thought kids wouldn't get it?

when it stopped being weirdo obscure shit and anime, preceded by 2 episodes of King of the Hill and 2 episodes of Family Guy.

Also, I loved that oft-forgotten period when they were poor and just syndicated old BBC shows for cheap.

Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell was FAR & away the best show on television in the year 2017.

Such comedy needs to be applauded.

Weird, wet, wild & fun...but with a brain.

ALL KIDS OUT OF THE POOL

youtube.com/watch?v=JSHgQSjLXU8

was it kino?

You stopped being 18-30

>he likes animu

who is that fat fuck that plays Gary?

This is the next comedy god.

It had potential but it was lazy. Can't sanction it.
The horror one with the security cameras was better than this. That's the last one I remember.

What did they mean by this?

I'm 26. I started watching in 01-02, when I was 11/12

That means you started taking yourself too seriously too early

>Unironically kys
only a newfag would even say something like this

>Where did it all go wrong?

When the programs aired during that time period did well enough in the ratings to demand higher ad rates. Remember, kiddies, it is ALWAYS about the money.

When Adult Swim was just a way to fill what would have been dead or re-run airtime, it was fine. The suits didn't care what was going on just as long as something was being aired.

When Adult Swim shows started pulling relatively better numbers and thus started making relatively better money, the suits started paying attention. Once Sol, Murray, and Irv became aware of AS, it's days as a experimental programming block were over.

>newfag

Ah, I remember Anno Domini MMXI too

Um, I was more referring to the fact that he literally thought the post he was replying to thought Cowboy Bebop was a Chinese cartoon, and that he didn't get the "muh chinese cartoons" joke.