So after all, did Sup Forums like the suit? It looks straight out of a comic. Look at these beautiful eyes...

So after all, did Sup Forums like the suit? It looks straight out of a comic. Look at these beautiful eyes. Better than TASM2's suit, in my opinion.

It's a MCU tweaked Spider-Man suit, no big deal.

I like the mask. That's about it.

I liked it. I thought the lens were creative. It'll be interesting to see this spidey and movie deadpool talking to each other.

I loved it.

Thought it was awesome.

The aperture lenses for the eyes so he can show emotion, while also throwing in the fact his love for photography at the same time was genius.

The costume is the best case mix between modern, classic, and slightly tactical.

I still dislike the unnecessary stripes on the suit, but aside of that everything else is good. Love the camera lens eyes.

i didnt either but in action it wasnt noticible. spidey was just a red and blue blur and most of his still shots were close ups of his face so it was easy to ignore.

Same, all. I'm not even sure what the black lines were for. Does some version of the comics costume have them? Because it messes with the color scheme of the suit I think. You've already got one solid dark color with the blue. Was it just to be different from previous suits?

He looked almost out of place when every other character had over designed and muted color costumes

The eyes are too small, the artificial design on the webs is distracting, and the shoulders lines are unnecessary, but overall it's pretty good.

>I'm not even sure what the black lines were for

Me neither. I guess it was just to accentuate his muscles but it goes all the way to the back and the boots. Unnecessary as fuck.

I think the idea is the red parts are padded, so the blue parts are where the padding is interrupted for mobility's sake.

I don't think any official suits have had it before, but I've seen the same idea on a couple fanmade versions.

the logo is way too small
But imagine TASM2 with MCU eyes

Since Stark will appear in his movie they could perhaps work on the suit a bit throughout, see what people like best.

The heroes' costumes change in every movie, so I imagine Spidey's will every solo film as well.

It was shit. Before I go on my rant I will say I enjoyed the actor's performance, to mute you idiotic MCU damage control autists

Now onto the suit....people who say it's the "classic" suit at idiots, it isn't. It is in the sense that if you look at it you will you probably assume "this is Spider-Man", and that's it.

Spider-Man never had a high tech mechanized suit built by Tony Stark in any "classic" sense, so just stop that shit. If you like it, like it...do not pretend this is anything "classic", because you're pathetic and trying to damage control way too hard.

>It'll be interesting to see this spidey and movie deadpool talking to each other.
Got some news for you

the mask is classic but the rest of the suit isnt.

People who say it looks classic are referring to the look of the suit. In particular the coloring (the particular shades of red and blue) and the webbing layout. If you compare it to Romita's Spidey or the live action Spiderman who appeared on TV in made-for-TV movies and on The Electric Company in the 70's it has a lot of similarities.

It's classic in aesthetic, though. Big fat back tick, small front logo, solid white eyes.

I'll admit that the black stripes detract for me but the rest is pretty great, desu.

Jesus, dude. You're that agitated over the responses you haven't even gotten yet.

The black parts better go away in Homecoming.

Everyone changes their suits so it's probably a lock.

It's confirmed that he'll have web pits.

I'm fine with the design but I didn't like that it was entirely CGI. I know a lot of people don't agree with me on this but I don't like the animated eyes.

>web pits
thank god

They both give them an articulated look from the front, like a spider, and help tie the webshooters with the suit a bit. Otherwise they'd look like he was wearing two watches and would feel disconnected from the suit.

I really like that they didn't give him those god-awful plastic line webbing from both the other movies and instead embedded them as a pattern in the suit. Same goes for the eyes.

I also liked they didn't make it a loose suit like in TASM and that they made it skin-tight to make him feel more agile and less wind-resistant, even if in TASM they went through a lot of trouble to CGI that.

It has also managed to capture that 60's spider quality of looking terrible in still photos, but it kind of looks great in motion.

I'd be happy if they didn't change it much for his solo movie.

It wasn't entirely CGI. Several scenes were, but the problem is that the non-chi scenes looked weird because the suit is so heavily dependent on post-production tweaks that it always look fake.

That's actually a big problem with the suit. Raimi's and Webb's suits were real but this MCU one is all movie magic. What the actor actually wears looks pretty different. It's cheating. I give props to Raimi and Webb for that. Tom Holland said the suit barely fit him but they fixed everything on post.

It's definitely the best so far, but I might be slightly biased because I liked Holland's performance so much.

It'll be perfect when they get rid of the stupid tacticool lines on the arms and shins.

I feel like they kind of addressed this with Bucky going "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT??" when he crawled by on the window

He's really the only hero with a real costume

No it isnt.

That's a bitch to animate for such little recognition.

Also, the suit works a lot better without them for the most part. Makes him feel more agile. What are they even good for?

Almost ALL of TASM was CGI as well. At least the times he had his mask on and wasn't just standing around. It's just that this movie had its CGI budget spread very thin. Same thing happened in Ultron. IM3 has the best rendered suits, because they poured all their CGI money on the suit CGI.

This and ultron have Shrinking (Ant-Man), Particles/Fluids (Scarlet Witch), face/body replacement (Vision), full on organic CGI characters, superimposed and not (Black Panther and Spidey), full on tech characters (Iron Man, War Machine), tech integration (Ant-Man, Falcon and Bucky), Stunt face substitution (Widow, Hawkeye), Prop insertion (Cap's SHIELD). That plus paying ALL their actors AND CGIing the whole airport.

That's just too much, even for Disney. From a CG-point of view, BVS looked a lot better because they only spent 20 minutes of full-on CGI and the rest of it was spend in image correcting, and even then Doomsday didn't look that great. Heck, even TASM and IM3 look a lot better for these reasons. It's just something that's bound to happen with these huge casts.

If you got rid of the black stripes this would be like the Spider-Man of my childhood 100%.

The web pits will be deployed. They wont be there all the time. And of course they're useful. Wing suits, nigga.

But the webs have no air resistance on account of being 90% air.

They will obviously work something out for the movie.

I'd rather have him use his wrist shooters on his pits mid fall with no building around to grab on to and come up with it on the spot that have them deployed by something Stark came up with.

Would fit in better in a fight with the vulture too.

The idea of Stark giving him his tech is on par with TASM Peter stealing his web fluids instead of making them. I love web pits but I agree with you in the sense that I'd love to see Peter actually building stuff with his webs and using them in innovative ways.

I think TASM had him steal the ingredients, no?

I don't mind Stark giving him his suit, since it was sort of implied that Spidey helped him develop some of it. In like 24 hours, lol.

He still had his shooters and proto-glasses which are the main part of it. And neither SM1 and TASM1 ever really explained where he got the suit material from, so it eases the explanation.

I could see Peter returning to Tony to help him repair damages, but having Tony be his Q and solve his problems for him is kind of a bummer.

Let's hope with Perlmutter gone they are able to get higher budgets for CGI.
Dr. Strange is a no-go since it was already on production when Perlmutter got kicked, but maybe Spiderman and Thor 3 won't get fucked.

Dr. Strange will only have one or two houses for CGI, so it should look good. The standalone movies are never a problem. It's mixing those elements that is the issue, since the houses have to trade their files and that takes time if they work with different formats.

Apocalypse has the same issue and it's really a limitation of the medium.

Although I'll say that the Russos and Whedon aren't the best CG/practical guys. It kind of shows. The Russos are better at making movies good enough that you don't really care about the CG, but their CG is a bit wonky. TWS had some weak shots for the budget it had. They aren't perfect by any means. Not that they are bad, but they are definitely lower tier in the MCU, especially with Whedon gone.

Gunn and Waititi on the other hand are VERY good at doing it. What We Do In the Shadows has a lot of clever CGI shots for very low budget, and so did SUPER. Coogler is also good at using the camera to his advantage.

It's also a time-budget issue, and Feige doesn't have time in his pockets, only money, which is why IW is gonna shoot so early and has such a massive budget.

Yeah, that was my thought as well. Love the fact that he's in the MCU, but he does kinda look out of place.

>The idea of Stark giving him his tech
he already had his webshooters when Tony visited his apartment, Tony just improved them a little and added the spiderlight

And then there's this angry faggot.
I wish fanbois like you would just unclench. You'd be much happier in life if you did.

Well, the Russos have literally no experience with this kind of movies.
Before TWS, all they did was TV shows and comedies.
With all the directors now working much closely now, considering they are working on literally the same building, hope Gunn can help.

Source?
(Besides your ass, where you pulled this from)

I wish the eyes were bigger.

It's my second favorite suit after the ASM2 one.

Other than the eyes I still prefer the ASM2 suit.
Wonder what suit he'll wear in Infinity War.

I liked it. I really loved his character and think they nailed it with the casting, that kid hit it out of the park.
I just hope Spider-Man isn't 90% cgi going forward though

Gunn is consulting on the writing for the cosmic stuff and the guardians, but he won't tell them how to shoot it.

They just need to trust their Cinematographer a lot more. They are bringing back the guy from CW and TWS, and some of it's problems are stylistic choices for Cap specifically, as they made a point to change it for the final act of the movie and it really shows.

But I wish they had the guy from Guardians/Dr. Strange, that sent Whedon from Av.1 documentary crew to Av.2 somewhat passable. The Russos right now are at Av.2 level, maybe with a better cinematographer they could get to GotG/Thor 2 level.

Although, cosmic Marvel has looked great since Thor 1, so maybe it's just an approach kind of thing. I trust them. I'd rather have a bland looking movie than a bland-feeling movie.

Joblo. Get on with the news, bruh.

Holland was easily the best Spider-Man to date.

He was too gullible and weak. Spider sense seemed completely off as well.

symbiote, if we're lucky. MCU has a lot of room right now for power-ups they can give to the characters for the fight with Thanos
>symbiote for Peter
>binary for Carol
>Uni-force
>Nova Force
>macroverse big for ANTS
>Extremis 2.0 and/or Jocasta AI for I-Earn-Man

>gullible
he's been a cape for six months and doesn't seem to have gone up against any of his supervillains yet
>spider sense
since it only started flubbing towards the end of the battle I chalked that up to his focus waning as the battle drew out

It was flat out stated his senses were overwhelming him. I'm sure the more we see of Spidey the more control he'll get over his Spider Sense.

Yeah I loved him. He was quippy as fuck, actually seemed intelligent and I agree Tony kind of tricks him into joining his fight, but he's a kid who makes decisions like a kid would. I just thought everything about him was perfect

>he's been a cape for six months and doesn't seem to have gone up against any of his supervillains yet

Right in his first appearance Spidey flipped the finger to the fantastic four. He's a rebel. He doesn't talk to adults as if they were his superiors, unless they're Captain America or something. Peter in this movir had zero of the spider-man's spirit. He was almost sucking Starks dick. That could've been easily repaired by showing him switching sides or abstaining from the fight later and calling out Stark on his crap, but nope. Peter always looked adults straight in the eye, not with his head lowered.

This marks the era of emotive masks (you can say Deadpool started it but Spidey took it to the next level) in cinema. Any mask with dead white eyes will not do.

I just dislike dweeb playing him. NOT HUNKY ENUFF. (no homo) (some homo)

Deadpool didn't start it. It just came out first.

You do realize Ditko had Pete be an establishment bitch by changing his sketches that the dialogue was written for right? And he was only pissy with the F4 because they didn't want to pay him or have him join them. Also early Spider-Man was always about money.

>in his first appearance Spidey flipped the finger to the fantastic four
that was his way of auditioning for a job, he was trying to impress them
>He doesn't talk to adults as if they were his superiors
in the comics he carried a torch for Tony Stark right up until he found out about negative zone Guantanamo

The spidey senses worked on time every time he had his mouth shut. I thought that was a nice detail, if it was intentional.

Whenever he was talking shit he got hit.

Black Panther also used it, albeit more subtly.

Why the fuck is Sup Forums flashing ? What is Hiroshima Nagasaki doing? Every new page I open goes blinky.

Fucking loved the suit, except for the black lines. The way they explained the moving eyes and incorporated it was honestly impressive. Russos are smart as fuck.
If true that's actually pretty smart. I like that his spider-sense is so powerful its completely unstable and he is still learning how to even function as a normal human being after the Spider bite. Gives a better sense of like, a big change in how his body functions.

Eh I couldn't care less about the suit I cared more for his personality and its fucking perfect.
MCU Spidey is so fucking annoying and I love it.

All the other anons are wrong. The sole purpose of the stripes was to sell new action figures that are different enough from the ASM2 suit.

if only Marvel would do a movie where nothing happens for 2 hours and pour all cgi money into a scene of dude hitting another dude with a sink...

I'd fucking love a Wrecking Crew movie

They wanted external webshooters but just having black wrist cuffs clashed with the original spider-man suit so they added a couple more black lines throughout.

I don't think that BvS was that bad an idea. They just made so many committee decisions, including the director, that it came out a steaming pile.

A whole all-talk movie could've been pretty great if it was something other than shit coming out of their mouths. Oh well, at least this way we get less memes and console wars are more one-sided. If it were balanced it would be hard to differentiate the bait from the legit arguments.

Kek.
I actually expect them to show up in SHIELD or some Netflix show at some point. SHIELD campiness might be better for them.

BEN

REILLY

SPIDERMAN

COSTUME

(KIND OF)

Although the suit will change throughout the films, I really hope they keep the webbing black, and embedded in the suit unlike the other versions.

Look at how the webshooters worked. I didn't notice that in the movie. Cool. Proto-webshooters.

I didn't mind the black lines, but if they had to be there I would rather just have gaps in the red and show blue lines. The blue breaking up read is my favourite part of the first ASM suit.

Unrelated, but it's kind of the same how Iron Man's gold and red are broken up by silver. I don't like the random silver on his suits and still consider Mk III to be the best one.

Loved everything about it. Had a few tweaks to show it was a tech suit, while still pay a huge amount of homage to the classic suit.
The Raimi and ASM suits were too textured and cluttered looking.
Never liked the Raimi colors, grey 3D web pattern and the shape of the eyes. The ASM suit was horrid and the ASM2 suit still had that huge ugly chest spider and that same 3D webbing.

MCU suit is glorious in every way.

I have to confess, I actually really dig the ASM suit.

Sure it's different but I honestly find it pretty nice, aesthetically.

I hope this means we'll have more heroes keeping their masks on instead of constantly having to take them off for face/emoting screentime.

>When he effortlessly caught Bucky's punch.

>Deadpool didn't start it. It just came out first.

You know I never even thought about the stripes watching the movie, but now they are pretty distracting.

>when he spider-senses that sign bucky threw
>I think you forgot this

Still like Raimi era Spider suit the best but this one was alright, best thing are the Ditko eyes

In tasm, didn't show him look at Olympic speed skating suits? But even then how would he afford one?

I honestly don't remember. But he has a basketball one and a better one.

The second looks good, definitely, but the lose cloth is a bit weird. Makes him look a bit too skinny, in a sickly way, for some reason. Spidey is thin, but not too thin for his suit.

The line was a little better than that actually

"HEY BUDDY, I THINK YOU DROPPED THIS!"

>Hey buddy, I think you lost this!
That was really great and simple. I hope they have more lines like that while he's fighting other villains. His jokes don't have to be stand up comedy, just clever comebacks.

I also like how they hint at spider sense being more an early warning thing from enhanced senses than an automatic win ability that makes him untouchable.
It helps justify why his naivety and inexperience is something his character development will be about and get him through to overcome challenges of power and responsibility, instead of just flying into everything with the danger already being a nonissue.

Its my favor suit to date. While I can see why the black arm bands arent for everyone, I think its a simple tweak that breaks up the red and gives it a personal touch.

Yeah, I think it was to pretty much make it not look like TASM 2 suit. Maybe in Homecoming he'll have less and eventually none at all.

I'll take the bold black patches over those gross, metallic raised webs that are on all the other movies' costumes.

I think that shows the difference between good quips and bad quips in action films pretty well.

When Whedon has characters quip in the Avengers films, he stops the flow of action for the comedic moment to happen. This releases a lot of tension, which can be good but often makes the battles feel far less exciting.

In Civil War, whenever Spidey or Ant-Man quipped, it was in the flow of action; the character makes the joke WHILE doing something. This releases some tension so that the audience isn't overwhelmed but also keeps the overall tension at a solid level.

Count me corrected. Thanks anons, I was too lazy to open the TC again.

My favorite "quips" were between Falcon and Bucky.

Got some news for YOU. It's only a matter of time.

>Fucking loved the suit, except for the black lines. The way they explained the moving eyes and incorporated it was honestly impressive
This

I like it, but I actually loved TASM2's suit.

>I actually loved TASM2's suit.

eat shit

>people like those eyes
I get liking the suit overall, but people always bring up those eyes like they're amazing. I think the Raimi suit's eyes were superior. The MCU suit is spectacular and clearly the best.