Ausfags, what are your arguments against becoming a republic?, i need them for future arguments

Ausfags, what are your arguments against becoming a republic?, i need them for future arguments.

Other urls found in this thread:

ourconstitution.org/your_will.php?pid=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No argument against.
Fucking hate how we're tied to the parasitic royals and the dog nations of Brittain.

It ain't broke so don't fix it.

The whole Republican debate boils down to some fat, alcohol riddled 5th generation descendant of some bog Irish potato shagger wanting an Irish descended President to have something more to shed a tear over on St Patrick's Day.

>that quote
wtf I'm now a #tonedrone

Presidents without power are boring faggots no one cares about.
Just look at Germany and Italy, for example. Their heads of state have zero prestige.

having a president who feels that they are mandated to use executive power due to public opinion can hurt necessary legislation passing parliment.

Australians cant agree on what form of republic we should take
The best solution imo is to change the GG to 'president' and keep the exact system.

Ain't broke don't fix it

What it would cost is not worth what it would gain us.

Our cultural ties to Britain make us and the Commonwealth stronger.

As for Tone's words there... pic related.

or finland.

This, and considering that
>The best solution imo is to change the GG to 'president' and keep the exact system.
will be the most likely outcome, it's just not worth the problem. I hate the royals but it's literally 100% a ceremonial connection

Abo detected.

But what if someone goes on about the "Multiculturalism of Australia" what do?

i try explaining our cultural ties with britain but then the progressive """""arguments""""" come out and say we should be "Going forward and not backwards"

Point out that it brings greater cultural unity, a monarch allows for big picture vision whilst a parliament can do day to day minutiae of governance. A monarch cannot be bought by corporations or lobbied by special interest groups, looking after the whole of their nation is in their best interests.

Point out to them that having more unified international cooperation IS going forward.

It's our heritage.

Do we pay anything to Britain, are we bound to Britain in any way other republic aren't?
NO
What it would cost to setup an election would cost more than anything we have done for Britain since WW2, because we haven't done shit for them almost everything we've done is because of our aliegence to the US and we don't have a commonwealth with them.

alright cheers mate

Good goy, it's 2016 it's time to embrace a progressive, multicultural future

>mfw other countries can have prominent political figures with that opinion

it hurts

Being part of the Commonwealth costs us literally nothing, and provides several benefits. I see no reason we should leave it, at least the way it stands now.

also on another note: i tried arguing that we shouldn't be taking away the culture of the majority group, and part of my argument was that we wouldn't and shouldn't go to japan and get rid of the Emperor

Problem is that the reply was "If japan was a multicultural society then i would expect people to remove outdated stuff such as the Emperor"

at this point me and a mate nearly REEE'd

A constitutional monarch allows for a figurehead that unites the normies of the country behind tradition while letting the real work get done in the parliament.

Shame he got stabbed in the back by the establishment shills. Aside from being a bit too corporate I liked most of his stuff

The monarchy has no real power but can be a check against corruption, remember politicians think in five year spans, there's no planning for the future before the next election. The Monarchy doesn't have to worry about this and can act as a paternal guardian against injustice or clogs in the machinery of the state.

I'm a Eurofag (I have EU citizenship as well Aus) and I hate Anglos (i.e. Anglo Brits), but a Republic is:

1. pointless, it won't change anything about daily life, other than perhaps

2. creating political uncertainty; should a president/governor be elected or appointed? An appointed one lacks legitimacy, but electing one would transform it into a political office, and we've never had a political head of state (John Kerr tried to be and we all know how that ended).

and
3. probably a waste of time trying given that s 128 of the Constitution would make becoming a Republic very difficult

dont speak about the royals like that traitor

>proud about EU citizenship
Wog detected

however, my own view is that we have kind of gotten a raw deal, in that the House of Windsor gets the prestige of being our head of state, but the British government hasn't given us any special privileges.

As it stands now (notwithstanding Brexit and possible changes) a Romanian has more rights to live, work and benefit from the UK than an Australian or Kiwi

I'd love to see more cooperation like that, the UK needs to uncuck itself big time first though.

100% Aryan North-Italian/French here

If you aren't smart enough to come up with your own arguments then you have no fucking business trying to get in arguments in the first place you stupid underage cunt.

Form your own opinions and stop taking cues from a Cantonese fruit salad mailing list.

Australian visiting Canada.

Omg m8, royalty is bad. We need to abolish the monarchy ya cunt. Can you imagine? It's 2016 and we're still in a fuckin monarchy! That's ridiculous m8. We need liberalism and liberty; we need to be guided by self interest, not social order. If you let yourself be controlled by another human being, you're automatically a cuck. G'day m8s.

Fuck off leaf

Fuck becoming a republic

Lmao knew you'd be Mediterranean. France and Italy are both Mediterranean

>and part of my argument was that we wouldn't and shouldn't go to japan and get rid of the Emperor
But we did. Part of the terms of the Japanese surrender was that the Emperor would acknowledge that he was not divine.

We fucking Com/pol/ now.

Wow

Still a significant figure in japans history and culture though

Kek, all these posters who think that a figurehead somehow strengthens tradition are delusional. Look how well it worked for Canada.
>b-but muh conservative revival like brexit!
The only reason the political climate seems vaguely balanced is that old fogies are balancing out the whims of the younger generations. In 20 years, when a massive proportion of senior citizens die, we'll get an unstoppable deluge of leftism.

Yeah and we bent it over the table and fucking raped it, because what we should do and should not do has no bearing on what we will do and what we want to do.

Don't argue philosophy with people who don't share your worldview because it'll take a lot of time, make you frustrated, and worst of all, not convince a single fucking person. Lamenting the dearth of culture or mourning the loss of our British essence and then arguing that the monarchic connection be retained on the basis of these paucities won't mean a fucking thing to somebody who doesn't care about either of those issues, so all you're doing is wasting their and your time.

Find a point where you have common ground, and argue based off that. Don't rehearse stock phrases on a Berber minaret construction courier route, because you're not famous enough for anyone to bother listening to your sound bites. Having stored arguments doesn't mean shit if you don't know how to argue.

>Look how well it worked for Canada
Canada betrayed the commonwealth by changing their flag

Wha... ? They weren't born old you know. People generally move right as they get older. "Anyone who isn't a liberal when they're young has no heart, anyone who isn't conservative when they grow older has no brain".

>Find a point where you have common ground, and argue based off that.
There is no common ground these days. Opinions that were moderate/leftist as recently as 2005 are now considered as reactionary by these people.
Don't mean to be a downer, but, based on my conversations with young people from around the world, the West is fucked

Man you Canadians really are shitposting a lot lately. Is it because you have a cuck for PM now? There there my friend, you can be great again.

Still has governmental authority, Emperor Akihito just hasn't used it.

Only because Queen Elizabeth has chosen to be apolitical. The rest of the royal family have done activism, particularly Charles. Also the younger generation is the tech savvy generation, they have more potential to be uncucked than their parents.

I think there has been a kind of rightist, or at least nationalist, upsurge in the youth. Sure, it is less significant than the leftist one, but it's still something, and people move to the right as they get older too.

>There is no common ground these days.
If that's what you actually believe then don't argue and buy guns instead.

at least the queen can demote any leader they want thats bad, but reality is the monarch are leftist so they will hurt australia.

Australia needs to remain strong, we dont need these royal inbred fucks.

#kill the queen

What a load of shit. Monarchy are naturally nationalist.

A
>They weren't born old you know.
They weren't nearly so extreme either.
Either these people are going to completely obliterate the political views of their teenage cells or they're going to keep taking insane positions.
Anyway, we have proof that the West is becoming more leftist. Compare a 40 year old to an 80 year old. They don't inhabit the same universe.

>#kill the queen
Get the fuck outta here

Our head of state functions as it should. We would become like america if we did that.
Only the greens and shimmy politicians talk about a republic.

Why change?
It's just symbolic
When you geld your monarchs to the point they don't even represent you in political matters you aren't even a monarchy anymore
Australia is no different from any other parliamentary country

Give it time, my shitposting brethren

Well that maybe the case in the USA but a study showed teenagers in Britain have bucked the recent trend of social integration, they have a less diverse social group than the last generation. After all the attacks on the continent people have had enough.

This this this. They fucking threw out Whitlam and saved us.
They implemented Medicare, welfare, removed free speech, all that shit and were going wild about communism and were going to remove the coalition at the height of the cold war and fuckin lizzy saved us.

hate to break it to you, but the CIA got in the ear of Garfield Barwick, and Kerr acted on his advice.

>aesthetic flag will be changed to some shit related to abos
>republic is much more expensive than monarchy - example : president of Poland needs more money than king of Norway despite huge economic differences

I have optimism, Brexit was a success. Seriously though your media needs to be burned to the fucking ground, it's the worst in the western world

Yes, but that doesn't mean nearly so much as you think it does. The government is going to take a lot of immigrants, even post brexit, and your young people don't care enough to change that or start making babies/

You don't have the balls.

You may be right but I think the events of the past year have stiffened peoples spines. Nobody defends Islam anymore, people have found pride in Britain again. We just need a politician who's willing to put that into practice.

>I hate the royals but it's literally 100% a ceremonial connection
This. This so fucking hard. the UK risks collapse post Brexit with the Scots and the Elves. If Queenie REALLY wanted to make us do something we fucking did not want to do, think she'd bother making us at this point? the Political fallout would simply not be something England could afford.

we don't want a republic. That means the constitution has to be changed. Trust me you don't want that!! We have one of the best in the world. The problem is the pollies that hide the truth of the constitution. That and We are lazy cunts

what is the truth of the constitution?

>making up your mind on something then looking for evidence to support your position

Sup Forumsack intellectual """"integrity""""

We're better off for it.

Just as what we would gain by doing it.

Our connection to Britain doesn't have any adverse effects.

In fact it only has positives.

e.g. competing in the commonwealth games.

>Those Crow's Feet

100% fuckin' true blue aussie detected right there m8.

Your will. The fact that the pollies are not there to make decisions that go against public will or "your will"

Holy fuck that is one based quote

The only model Australians will accept is a directly elected US style of president which will immediately politicise the office imposing yet another tier of government over us that we really don't need.

>republic brings a flag change
>australian politics and the PC madness of abo love an acceptance.

fuck me. this point alone has put me THE FUCK off ever wanting a republic. (wasn't for the idea to begin with)

imagine having our fucking flag replace with some fucking abomination like this shit right here. I'd actually feel a deep sense of national shame and cultural betrayal. Having said that, almost all un-shitskin wog/coon/chink aussies cant stand abos. The anti-PC outrage over an abo flag change might actually be a glorious thing to behold if it succeeded.

voting for a republic is like voting to change the flag. a fucking huge waste of money and time.

The only reason it'll ever come up is they'll want to distract us from another more important issue , like the fact they're all corrupt and you morons keep voting for them.

Commonwealth fuck yeah! Plus the comm games are they only time we really get to show sporting power levels.

Imagine having a part boong flage? or worse, a fucking leaf piece of shit!

>Monarchy are naturally nationalist
Monarchs stick up for other monarchs and they can get quite globalist when they intermarry with other royal families.

They are a class to themselves. They view the people in their nations as their property.

lol fuck off ahmed

What, do you just donkey then?

How fucking ironic. We get to decide what kind of corrupt moron we get, and yet you are so far up your ass that you don't even bother.

You're a fucking idiot, and you are one of the reasons democracy doesn't work. If everyone on this board stopped voting from right now, nothing would happen.

They don't view the people as property, but they do view the nations themselves as being theirs.

Which is the best way to protect it, people naturally look after what's their's. Democratic politicians are so wildly corrupt because it's in their best interest to, people expect them to be altruistic and naturally very few are.

leftists want to destroy our culture which is why they gob off about "muh multiculti" and desire for a republic

they literally want a clean slate upon which they'll write their version of history where boongs are le noble savages, all whites are evil and foreign cultures are superior to ours, etc

this is why calls for a republic always fail here and why nz didn't change their flag

i would rather a leader, educated, and born into power than a leader, rubbing his hands, scheming for power.

the royals are lovely, they don't need wealth, nor do they need to scheme and manipulate for power that is their blood.

good on them.

no change.

based commonwealth, greater than the sum of her parts, a timeless alliance we will benefit from in decades to come.

science and cyclist party brah.

No argument necessary. I want the British heritage Honored preserved ,Colonialist history celebrated and Australia to stay Just the way it is.

republic of the Philippines
vs.
Member of the commonwealth

you can't buy into the commonwealth, truly a great club to be in,

other countries would want to be a part. sorry. only the greatest are commonwealth tier and we're full.

progressives can suck aids out of nigga dicks for all i care and they do.

I have never understood this "Commonwealth" meme.

The Anglosphere is a good club to be in - truly god's chosen people - but the commonwealth is full of curries, muzzies and muds and the rest of the filth of the third world.

Thats why Imperial Federation is a better club

It's why we should remake the Empire. The only time places like Sudan or Egypt weren't complete shitholes was under British rule.

i am a duel national born in brisbane (half english half aussie) and i want a republic but i am worried that if the lefties bring it forward we will be left with a bill of rights that enshrines human rights other than the basics (freedom of speech etc). If we have a republic (don't advocate for one until after liz out of respect and if we do still remain anglosphere) its imperative that the right government brings it forward. Its going to happen sooner or later thats why the right needs to be the ones to do it to ensure its on our terms.

trust me, a bill of rights will include something like
'freedom of political communication' coupled with 'freedom from discrimination and hate speech'.

It will only negatively impact the rights you have at present.

the republic will happen tho, its just a matter of time. Lets be real here, if the left bring it forward a bill of rights that includes shit like right to housing and right to internet will be included and basic rights like freedom of speech will be continued to trod on. The right needs to own this issue. No reason we cant become a republic but still keep close ties with england.

Rights coming from a monarch keeps them sensible.

Having rights coming from thin air and being something humans 'just have' means there's nothing stopping any claim of something being a right.

Why would you want to be a republic anyway? A constitutional monarchy is a superior hybrid system even aside from the current context.

>right to internet
Better be right to proper NBN not this copper wire shit.

Why, Britain has been complete cunts to you, us and every colony. I mean just look how they fucked over rhodesia.

They completely turned there backs on their colony's formed from their own blood brothers in favour of fucking pakis, Indians and euros. Fuck them

he really said this?

>right to internet

lel no thanks mate

you had your chance to kick Malcolm out and you failed.
Now we will all get to reap the fruits of his unholy labour

Britain got infested with traitorous anti-nationalists after the world wars just like much of the world. The west has had a decline of real nationalism ever since ww1.

Hopefully now we can break it

Please don't become a republic, because then the cucks here will want to be one as well...