Ultimate Spider-Man Storytime

Ultimate Spider-Man Storytime

Time for revenge

Having some technical issues, hold on.

Your the best OP, I had no idea how good this run was and Im sad I missed it when it was coming out.

I have three favorite issues. #13, this, and one I hope we get to today.

Is there any boxset with the whole series? I know there are omnibus volumes but i would love to buy the whole thing in one sitting

It's incredibly solid. Especially considering the writer and length.

This is such a satisfying payoff for Shocker.

He deserved his moment, hell, he even was just a tutorial miniboss in the game

Speaking of the game

war of the symbiotes fuck yeah

Poor Herman

This issue has sentimental value for me. For as long as I've been a Spidey fan, I've always had personal liking to Shocker. As a kid I found him the coolest. Loved his costume, his shtick, everything. Reading Ultimate Spider-Man as it was coming out I always wished Shocker was more than just a running gag. He was funny, but I wished that Bendis gave Herman more love. Then this issue came out. On my birthday, no less. Just looking at the cover made me realize this was a perfect gift for a Shocker fan. I thought it would be a comical issue with Peter constantly kicking himself in the head for letting Herman get the drop on him...

I was not expecting it to be an emotional issue. Bendis turned Ultimate Shocker from a running gag to a sympathetic character that you can't help but feel sorry for always laughing at in earlier appearances. I've read many comics that made me sad but this is the first comic that really gave me the "feels." I teared up for the first time reading a comic back in 2008.

Just great all around.

The last panel gets me every time:
Thanks OP!

despite war of the symbiotes devianting from the game´s plot i´m glad they kept the museum battle, one of my favourite parts

We talking about Ultimate Spider-Man or the Immonen era specifically?

USM #1-160. For me it kind of loses me a bit after Hobgoblin, but it comes back in full force with Clone Saga. Even then those arcs aren't bad, just not up to standard.

i´m getting ahead asking this but why did goat legs doom want a venom sample?

I remember really hating Ultimate Knights, but loving the Immonen run right up to Ultimatum. I think I hopped off at Ultimate Comics Spider-man. Didn't remember they went back to the old numbering with 150.

That's awesome user

It's never revealed, IIRC this sort of gets brought up again later, but I could be mistaken.

Post-Ultimatum is my favorite era for Ultimate, you're in for a treat.

the legendary scene

From Hungary. I know it sucks