Last night on Doctor Who

>last night on Doctor Who
TWO lesbian POCs in ONE episode??
WEW lads, we're reaching progressive levels that shouldn't even be possible!

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0436992/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Newman
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

do they fugg?

nice to see the show still has that laser-sharp focus on the narrative.

Oh, and the Pope in the 10th century was a black woman but the Vatican covered it up.
All this and only 15 mins into the episode.

>First openly gay character
Wasn't everyone in Torchwood gay?

That is one giant baby

How did Dr. Who get so cancerous?

Nah, they would just fuck anything and everything.

How do you even have to courage to leave the house if you look like this?

Money, and lots of it.

Dr Who more like Dr Faggot

You people and your quaint little categories.

At least they know their audience

Stop crying you pathetic bitches.

Shut your pretty mouth, you beautiful faggot.

On Mackie’s casting as the Doctor’s companion Bill, unveiled last month, Moffat said: “We decided that the new companion was going to be non-white, and that was an absolute decision, because we need to do better on that. We just have to. I don’t mean that we’ve done terribly – our guest casts are among the most diverse on television – but I feel as though I could have done better overall.”

Moffat said Doctor Who had “no excuse” not to feature a diverse cast of black, Asian and minority ethnic actors. “Sometimes the nature of a particular show – historical dramas, for instance – makes diversity more of a challenge, but Doctor Who has absolutely nowhere to hide on this,” he said. “Young people watching have to know that they have a place in the future. That really matters. You have to care profoundly what children’s shows in particular say about where you’re going to be.

“And we’ve kind of got to tell a lie: we’ll go back into history and there will be black people where, historically, there wouldn’t have been, and we won’t dwell on that. We’ll say, ‘To hell with it, this is the imaginary, better version of the world. By believing in it, we’ll summon it forth.’

>We’ll say, ‘To hell with it, this is the imaginary, better version of the world. By believing in it, we’ll summon it forth.’

Reminder that re-writing history is ok as long as you're doing it for the greater good

>“And we’ve kind of got to tell a lie: we’ll go back into history and there will be black people where, historically, there wouldn’t have been, and we won’t dwell on that. We’ll say, ‘To hell with it, this is the imaginary, better version of the world. By believing in it, we’ll summon it forth.’

But why Moffat? Why?

I'm so glad I dropped the show

Because this show about a wizard who can travel though all time and space bases most of it's episodes on Earth and at some point in the last 3000 years. So they have to put black characters in to meet the BBC's diversity requirements.

It's not like he can just go to other planets and to cast them as fictional aliens....oh wait.....

Well it's not like they can set it in the future and have BAME actors in roles they might actually fill....oh.....

SHUT UP YOU RACIST!!

I literally do not give a fuck

Bill isn't the first lesbian to adventure with the Doctor. She isn't even the second.

Did everyone forget about the badass inter-species married lesbian couple who kissed on-screen? But yeah, let's make a big deal about Bill awkwardly flirting with two other women.

I remember them. Sup Forums of the day got severely butthurt about that

it's not rewriting history
it's fiction
robin hood didn't really fight an army of robots from space

Sup Forums was upset with the existence of time-travelling, crime-fighting badass/adorable ninja lesbians? Okay, that settles it. Sup Forums is incapable of joy.

This is why we can't have nice things.

>moffat you hack stop pushing your gay agenda down our throats

That's basically a direct quote of every discussion for months. /who/ just hates everything

>How did Dr. Who get so cancerous?

the pop walks in on them and shouts at them in italian

did he tell them to hurry up with the fuggin?

i get why they want to fill this show with shitskins, but did they really have to hire the ugliest nigger as his companion though? at least martha was somewhat attractive for a nigger

Why do you racist motherfuckers insist on watching the show? Just go cry on Sup Forums instead.

t. nigger faggot

Bill Nye cameo when?
The Doctor and Bill could discuss their progressive ideas and SCIENCE.

How much does he make, because if two black lesbian loves interests in one episode is all it takes to get headlines, attention and money, I'd go way further. Seriously I don't care about PCness or anti PCness, give me more than my shitty wage and I'll make the most diverse show you've ever seen. The new doctor is a Black woman in whiteface who identifies as a straight white male, and the companion is an Asian man who never leaves his quarters because he subs for 3 slime base aliens, so the screentime is taken up by on of two identical twin midgets who swap every other episode. The main villain is a Moroccan emir that conquered space Spain and now has set his sight on buttchugis IV, the homosexual capital of the universe.

Fuck you Moffat why should you get paid to come up with this shit?

go back to tumblr, faggot. i also never said i watched the show, but thanks for sharing your hallucination

You first.

brits don't even know who that is. Bill nye is exclusively an american meme

Fun fact, Martha isn't black enough for black people. Because she was attractive in a conventional way, she only supported the white supremacy of the show. #BlackIsBeautiful

Warning from the past:
I watched Doctor Who all through the 80s and 90s
IT WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR FAVOURITE SHOWS TOO.

god that's an uncanny valley screenshot

So acknowledging that, somewhere in all of time and space, there might be a gay or two, is pushing the gay agenda? As is making said two gays interesting characters with cool scenes without their sexuality being the sole focus and content of their character, which is the main complaint and point people make when crying that something is tokenism?

Okay.

Thanks for the heads-up, user. Sup Forums is silly.

There is a big difference between creating a character for the sole purpose of checking a box on a diversity form and then scrambling to make them interesting and creating an interesting, plot-relevant character that, among it's many traits, includes one shared by a minority group.

I think that Vastra, Jenny, and Jack were the latter while, going by Moffat's own words, Bill is the former. That doesn't mean she can't become an interesting character, but it does make it harder for her to be seen as "Bill, interesting and cool companion" rather than "Bill, filling a quota."

His face is tiny compared to the rest of his head.

He looks like a Sontaran

Wait, the woman's name is Bill? Bill Potts? Sweet fuck, we nuked the wrong island.

They don't call him smallfat for nothing

>“And we’ve kind of got to tell a lie: we’ll go back into history and there will be black people where, historically, there wouldn’t have been, and we won’t dwell on that. We’ll say, ‘To hell with it, this is the imaginary, better version of the world. By believing in it, we’ll summon it forth.’

>more black people = better
The fuck this guy smoking?

in 5 years, itll be progressive to have all the characters be white & straight

If they want more negroes in "historical" Dr Who why not simply write a story where TARDIS goes to the Congo or something. The Dr could fight evil Belgians.

When women became interested and needed to have their fetishes played out on tv.

>evil Belgians

Man, I know it's true but that still made me laugh

>The fuck this guy smoking?

Whatever the BBC puts in the water.

Because the people running doctor who are lazy and don't actually care about any culture that isn't European, so writing them into European culture is easier

Since every fucking tumblr feminist in the whole world started to watch it, like 10 years ago. If you watch Dr. Who you're part of the cancer.

JUST

What else is he going to do, ruin his chances of getting another job by shittalking the BBC?

Why would she not wait for superior puddle waifu to come back in the finale?

I don't care, I would a Bill

The UK is a joke and so is doctor who.

Basically, as a gay person, this is exactly the sort of pandering that I DON'T want. With characters like Jack, their not-straightness wasn't brought up until after their character was introduced and shown to be badass on their own. I don't want, "look, a gay! We might add some character traits later, but for now, look! A gay!" I want, "look, a cool character! With an interesting personality, arc, and plot relevance! And oh by the way, they're not straight. But anyway, BACK TO SPACE ADVENTURES!"

The test for me is, if someone asks, "wait, which one is *insert character name* again?" and your response is, "the gay one." you're doing it wrong.

The only people that this kind of tokenism helps is straight white people to feel better about themselves and to pat each other on the back for being so "progressive". It's insulting to pretty much everyone else.

I actually like her and Capaldi. Everything else about the show is utter cancer though.

>doctor whos first openly gay character

So captain jack is chopped liver?

>The test for me is, if someone asks, "wait, which one is *insert character name* again?" and your response is, "the gay one." you're doing it wrong.

homophobe

It's also a kids show. If you're an adult and watch this shit kys.

He was gay in Torchwood, which isn't Dr Who

Technically he was omnisexual and wpuld fuck nealry anyone bur did yoy forget the doctor handing him a guys name and him going to meet said guy?

don't be so sensitive you big poof

This

What are you, trying to hide them from buttfucking each other in the streets with feather boas and glitter strewn on any of them? You want actual flaws and faults in you gay characters? They're beautiful in their own way, you bigot. And that way is choking down bananas by the dozen for your titillation. Fucking bigot.

>evil Belgians
Fuck off we didn't do anything wrong.

shut up you plucky little racist

He looks like if a ghost got fat and then developed diabetes related vision loss.

I don't think I'll ever understand white liberalism.

You're joking right?

Why so intolerant user? You think the Vatican never conceals awkward facts?

They only conceal facts when they're about touching children.You know Pope Francis would love to tell us about the black womyn pope

He looks like Latza

That was fucking garbage. I bet the whovians loved it. The script was barely comprehensible. The acting was wooden. Cut and paste special effects to make it look like your standard movie to cover up the directing, or lack of. The show is lost. Chibnall shouldn't keep anything.

We knew Missy was going to be in the vault, but fucking Moffat's running 900 trillion plots at once. Why don't he just pick a story and write it? That way he can explain what the fuck is going on.

how is pic related black

>Veritas
>cardinals
>Missy in the vault
>Nardole and River
>creatures
>blind Doctor
>holograms
This episode wasn't about anything. It's a preview for the next episode about a jumbled mess of all kinds of shit there's no time to deal with. How are you all giving this a 6-10/10?

this sense of humor is so fucking autistic

i'm so fucking glad i gave this show up after tennant

Where are the "Asians"? How many Southeast Asians have been on the show recently?

Holy fuck I am so glad I stopped watching this shite since the newest Doctor.

TWO CRUSHES????
ZLLLOOPPPTTSSSSS

What a cuck lol

What, does she piss herself a lot or something?

HAHAHAHA NICE GOING BRITKEKS

Basically, as a straight person, I really don't give a fuck how much you're insulted by networks bending over backwards to suck your dick and blame everyone else for your feelings about your degeneracy.

Fuck off, this is what you all asked for and now you have it, and it's as garish as we all knew it would be. Enjoy being the reason people turn away from all reboots of their enjoyed stories and fondly remembered media. Surely will make people like homosexes more, yeah, it's all about that tokenism, we sure do enjoy having your fag shit pushed in our faces all day.

Never watched Dr. Jew, now I'm glad.

>it was those cishet wypopos fault I got muh representashun!
fuck off

Last one I remember was during the Matt Smith era. There was a monster showing everyone their worst fear, and hers was her dad being disappointed because she got less than 100% on a maths exam

I lol'd

He was implied fucking one of the brit officers in the first episode he appeared in, or was at least obviously interested.

So this is what you should do: let /who/ die. Just let this old thread gather dust. No one can open it, no one will even notice it. Let it become a strange little thing lurking on an archive. And over the hours, the world will move on, and the thread will be buried. And if you wanna remember me, then you can do one thing. That's all, one thing. Have a good life. Do that for me, user. Have a fantastic life.

When's Moffat off who, this shows been stale for a couple of seasons now. I hope they get some fresh blood behind the scenes soon.

Is that pic real?

imdb.com/title/tt0436992/

Creator for the show is...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Newman

>"Early career in Canada. Early life and the NFB Born in Toronto, Newman was the son of a Russian-Jewish immigrant father who ran a shoe shop."

Oiy vey goyim! You need more diversity and cultural enrichment goy! The Tardis is now going to be painted black and twerk its way through space!

Sup Forums is right
Sup Forums is always right

I love how many straight people you triggered.
Also yea, I feel pretty much the same way.
I'm gay, but i've never seen the point in celebrating it, or having a fucking parade because I like dicks up the ass.
Also its kinda sad how modern videogames have handled it more elegantly than movies and tv shows.
You have a conversation with someone, its kinda mentioned offhandedly, then everyone moves on. The best types of gay characters are the ones where its not pointed out.
Sadly, many people don't feel comfortable with this. They need a giant fucking neon sign with twirling scarves blasting glitter everywhere pointing at a character in order to satisfy thier guilt or whatever their hangup is.
Literally the only people complaining about a lack of gays in shit are straight people.

Is that a disappointed yes or a sad no?

Obviously it's from The Parting of the Ways.

A sexaulity is much like ones penis, religion or political belief. Not something whipped out in public.