Is it time to sell?

Is it time to sell?

Other urls found in this thread:

seekingalpha.com/article/4130926-bitcoin-reach-142000
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>everything goes to shit when women touch it
More at 11

What is this even supposed to mean.
In a real, literal sense, what does this shit even mean.
Christ.

>not already balls deep in litecoin and monero

its over

No, swap all your savings into Bitcoin

seekingalpha.com/article/4130926-bitcoin-reach-142000

if your entire life savings isn't in bitcoin right now you are just losing money

>mining becomes unprofitable
then how are you going to perform transactions?

Ride the tiger!

>Galaxy Investment Partners
Is that the one that hired McAfee and duped /biz/ out of millions?

What does the article say, you n*g? Which reasons do they give? If anything women are compulsive buyers, so we’ll need to take a look at the pros and cons

With all the cryptos it's like buying empty papers and hoping they are worth something after a while. Thing is, they will stay useless. They will never be a valuable currency which you can use to pay quickly. The only thing they are useful for, is the gain in worth for bankers. Somebody will loose it's money in the end, the one who invested as last.

no

"the future is female", whatever that even means

Just think, some """""""""""journalist""""""""""" got paid a lot of money to write this article while people with actual skills are struggling to get by just because they didn't network right.

What is bitcoin actually used for anyway?

Speculating.

it generates wealth stupid

Making fool out of dumb people who think they're smart

Pink wojak memes on biz after it dips

state sponsored supercomputers, mining pools and people with unlimited free electric energy

Bitcoin is in a bubble and it will crash.

free money by guessing trends

this is all I live for

There are other consensus mechanisms like proof of stake and proof of importance, which are actually more environmentally friendly and cost efficient than proof of work

Bitcoin is not a commodity or an asset, it's the precursor of one of the most revolutionary technologies ever created, markets don't know what the fuck is happening with its price, economists want to apply all their theories in an iterative manner to try to guess its nature, only people that know what will happen to them are the people involved in the cryptocurrency project, people that know its mathematical fundamentals and infallibility. The former are the only ones that have become millionaires overnight, economists, speculators and literal wall street coke heads are scratching their heads because they can't accept a world with an alternative to state issued and controlled currency

>you will never be a wall street coke head

Do you really believe fiat and paper currency will keep being relevant in the decades and centuries to come? Deluded

>markets don't know what the fuck is happening with its price
The hype makes speculators flock to it. As a currency, it hasn't been used enough for transactions that are not cash-for-cash (bitcoin is far more often traded for other currencies than for goods, mostly drugs) to justify it's value.

Some people have and will get rich of it, but in the manner that some people got rich on Bernie Maddof's scheme - because they got in while it was booming and got out before the bust.

>Somebody will loose it's money in the end, the one who invested as last.
Yes just like in all ponzi schemes

Also, bitcoin isn't even the best cryptocurrency software-wise. It's got the most hype because it was there first and got most of the brand recognition.

True for all markets: commodities, stocks, real estate, forex, derivatives, you name it. If you buy at the top you're bound to lose money anyways. Is everything a ponzi scheme?

The only speculation is that people will use bitcoin in the future and they will be using bitcoin in the future. Every month more and more retail stores and online shops accept bitcoin and some even charge you less if you pay with them.
The fear of a bitcoin crash comes if government actively makes it illegal to use crypto currencies or that some mathematician proves the theory that P=NP and digital cryptology becomes an useless science.
the fear of dumb people giving value to an asset should not exist here, is like saying that you should stop using debit cards because your maid uses one to. The more different individuals hold cryptos the more the coin is worth, no matter if is a hedge fund manager or the dude that picks off your garbage, is not a good or a service, thinking you can estimate it's value is like saying you can guess the cost of gasoline in the next few years just by looking at how many people are buying red cars, it has nothing to do with it.

sure there are a ton of better altcoins, bitcoin is the pioneer, pioneers are obsolete but BTC still does the job when it comes to non instant high security transactions.

Some commodities and all real estate don't vanish into thin air.

And stuff like stocks and bonds can be redeemed for whatever it is that they came attached to in the first place (a share of a company's value or a certain amount of cash).

A ponzi scheme is a scheme that makes it's money only because people keep injecting money into it. It doesn't add value to the market and it is only sustainable for as long as people can join the bubble. When it is hard to find new people to inject money into it, the people already into it find that there isn't enough money to pay insiders and this pops the bubble. The difference between this and, say, real-estate, is that you don't get anything for the money you spend unless you get out before the pop - with someone else's money.

>Is everything a ponzi scheme?
Yes

But no one really uses bitcoin to buy shit, people just hope it goes up in value.

Besides it's pretty dire means of exchange anyway, the transaction takes forever. Not to mention if more people started using it as a means of exchange.

I don't ""get"" bitcoin my husband tells me its a scam though so I don't buy any.

>journalist
>paid a lot of money
Sup Forumstards sure are hilariously cloistered

>But no one really uses bitcoin to buy shit,
but they do and once the market stabilizes more people will
the bitcoin market will crash, but more people will hop into the train and it'll go back again, and then it'll crash again and it'll go back again because more and more people will learn the benefits of cryptos as a whole. It's been done all over again, and it'll keep going, I just see no way, no single scenario in which bitcoins fails it's intended goal, there's no chance, zero, nada.

Well, from this coming year onward you probably can't afford the required tech to mine btc. So if you wanted to get in, you are close to the edge for regular folks.

>But no one really uses bitcoin to buy shit
Weapons, drugs, cp, sex slaves

At thispoint BTC is a store of value, kinda like a "digital gold". Wai it satoshi's original vision? No, but there are other alts that do the trick. I'm comfy as fuck because technology will inevitably advance and literally every asset on earth will be digitized (land, real estate, currencies, patents) into a smart contract for security and more transparency. Can't believe some people still spread fud against the logical evolution of finance

> Some commodities and all real estate don't vanish into thin air.
they lose a lot of their value during bear markets, so your hard earned money kinda vanishes into thin air if you decide to sell your property at a loss

yeah I also hold ETH my man, amazing times are coming

Without outstanding finnancial obligations, you don't have to sell your physical property. Just make sure you have enough liquidity to get by.

Cryptos aren't yet mainstream and BTC software is already dated (literally takes between 1h and 2 days to do a transference). If you are serious about this crypto business, start studying the tech itself.

hodling

Godspeed Mexianon:^)

Yeah btc is a dinosaur, I agree and that's why people don't treat it as currency but rather as a store of value and a hedge against global instability. However, there are coins that let you transact in almost real-time