I watched Oldboy with a few of my friends tonight, because it's one of my favorite movies...

I watched Oldboy with a few of my friends tonight, because it's one of my favorite movies, and they didn't seem to like it or understand it, and one fell asleep.
Are my friends plebs or was I stupid to show them this movie?

They're plebs for not enjoying it. You're a pleb for it being one of your favorites

Most people don't want to read subtitles, bud. Besides, The Handmaiden is better.

It does drag on a bit in the middle, and of course not everyone can get into the Jap's penchant for extreme emotion. I'd say if someone couldn't enjoy the continuous shot hammer fight OR the reveal payoff at the end they're a pleb.

Olboy is a truly shitty movie. The twist is something only a 13 year old would enjoy.

Hint: They're not your friends

lol you want us to validate your shit taste?

>Most people don't want to read subtitles
But that's why we watched the dubbed version
What would you call a good twist, then?

I'm moreover looking for constructive criticism. Is it just not a good film, and if so what would be better?

>watching edgy gookshit
I remember being 14 too.

Something contrarian, I'm sure.

Stop watching movies that some edgy fuck told you was "fucking awesome man" think for yourself for once. Damn millennials!! Kek!!

But what's the problem if I legitimately like the movie?

This is a movie that the loneliest virgin in the anime club thinks is kino. You can't just show it to normies. It has incest and a man mutilating people with a hammer. WTF were you thinking?

>It has incest and a man mutilating people with a hammer. WTF were you thinking?
Fair enough lmao, but as mentioned, the hammer fight and the twist are pretty strong. Do normals just get repulsed by edgy parts of movies?

The issue at hand here is the fact that you probably push the movie too hard down your friends throats. Suggest the movie and let them watch it themselves at their own time and then they'll make the decision to tell you how they felt about the movie. Don't be the awkward weirdo that's pushing edgy and insane shit on normies, THEY WILL HATE YOU!!

>ohh i hypnotised you you and your daughter to fuck each other to fuck together because you caught me fucking my sister and told your friend like 30 years ago
that movie is shit

*normies

>the hammer fight and the twist are pretty strong
theyre both completely idiotic. how is the hammer fight strong? theyre just flailing around like retards. as for the twist that movie is stupid on so many levels

Should have watched the freedom version.

I think people like the hammer fight because it's a single shot. It has the same effect as 'John Wick'. As far at the twist goes, I agree it was as stupid as it comes. Though, it fits the narrative and catches most people off guard.

Yeah brrro, You should have showed them Iron Man 15 LMAO.

I watched this like a month ago. I was good, but definitely overrated. My slightly weeb friend was raving about it until I watched it. I guess its a Korean thing, but everything in the movie seemed so exaggerated. Like at the end when he was acting like a dog, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be laughing or feeling sorry for him.

Also, I hate when movies rely too much on an EPIC TWIST. Like it can definitely help a movie, but when it becomes the movies defining feature I think it shows it's too dependent on it.

That's just how they do things overseas. I guess you could call it overacting, but it's pretty common.

Is this Kino?

Should have showed them this

Patrician friends, pleb OP