>life is pretty good other than Aku who didn't give a shit about him anymore
>still goes on his autistic quest to kill Aku and get back to the past
>succeeds in doing this but loses everything
>now must remain a lonely, friendless virgin for the rest of his days

What was Genndy thinking?

>What was Genndy thinking?
He wasn't.

Шибaния Гeнaдий...

He was honoring his commitment to his parents and world in destroying Aku instead of abandoning them to suffer as slaves until they died. He was being a man and sacrificing his personal happiness for the happiness of his people.

this. those new friends probably won't even exist in the new timeline so fuck em

What did he mean by this?

>so how should we make the ending sad
>idk I saw TTGL last week and it ended kinda sad

Stay mad

the better question is whether hes still literally immortal or not.

damn the last time I watched this was when I was 12, didn't know it's this good.

Genndy is saving western civilization

nope, aku powers on people pretty obviously ended when his waifu turned to wind.

>gets his parents back
>is praised as a hero for defeating the evil demon that burned their village
>every girl wants a piece of that
>brought pride to his family (very important to samurais

>Actually the bad guy's daughter
>Saves the main character from depression
>Falls in love with main character but gets brainwashed
>Ceases from existing during marriage

Literally Nia

who cares about a stupid cartoon lol? grow up and watch something for adults like batman v superman

how bored must someone be to make such a half assed post

Ending is a nonsense
>Ashi dies because of Aku doesn't exist in the future
>Jack couldn't have use the travel time without Aku.
>If Aku is dead Jack couldn't have return
>Jack creates a time paradox in which he can travel in time without Aku.
>Ashi desapeared because of the paradox
>So the entire existance of Jack should be vanish.
>Kill Ashi makes an unposible paradox
>If Ashi dies, by the same rule, the Jack that travel in time and kill Aku shouldn't exist.

How was his parents alive in the past? Didn't Aku kill them?

Then why didn't he die too?

new season when?

>Implying there is only one timeline

>there a timeline where Aku still rules supreme
Good job fucking up your quest

>finally make an attractive asian couple in a tv show as the leads
>cuck the man at the last minute
what did they mean by this?

Jack staying in the future would have had more emotion to it than the Gurren rip-off we got

And also unmaking all the people in the future who were perfectly happy. The more relatable ending would be the one that emphasizes the foolishness of trying to change the past.

>All I have left are memories
>I dont want you to become just a memory

I'm pretty sure that one way or another his position in the past means he can't really get around getting married. Possibly to multiple wives depending on the time period it's trying to emulate
That paradox is probably why he didn't age in the future since it couldn't really have happened. It just corrected itself by having the portal only taking him like 2 seconds into the future and he just happens to remember everything. Well either that or it's just fucking magic and it doesn't make sense

fuck dude don't....

I couldn't believe how similar it was.

because he's still human, he didn't have aku as a part of him or whatever

A lot more people were suffering in the future.

Why did all the other daughters of Aku die so easily without the sword? Why didn't their mother teach them about their super evil powers?

Ashi vanishing implies that there is only one.

They didn't have evil superpowers. Ashi only did because she was "corrupted" by Aku to fight Jack.

>to undue the future that is aku
>gotta get back
>back to the back
>samurai jack

hmmm I dunno you tell me, its almost like the show told you what the end goal was from the beginning.

>He was being a man and sacrificing his personal happiness for the happiness of his people.
>this. those new friends probably won't even exist in the new timeline so fuck em
Then why didn't he use the time portal in that Shaolin episode?

There's a very good explanation, and Gennedy was a genius, but to understand his work you must have some understanding of the occult.

If anyone is interested I'll try to give the best explanation I can.

not only would they only get powers if infected by aku, which only ashi was, but it was heavily implied and even outright concluded that jack was holding back against them early on because he didn't want to kill human beings. Jack is OP as fuck. The only person he's ever lost to is the Guardian

>The only person he's ever lost to is the Guardian
And those hunters

пълeн пeдepacт

>Aku sends Jack into the future
>Jack arrives in the past and kills Aku
>Aku won't be around in the future to make the Jack he just sent experience what the returning Jack did
>There now exists a Jack in the future experiencing a completely different world
>That Jack doesn't reappear in the past meaning he doesn't make it back
Current Jack gets the Lagann ending but past Jack gets the Army of Darkness ending.

they are the same jack, there is only one timeline

Ashi wasn't "infected". Aku strengthened her aku side because shes half aku cum. The rest of the daughters probably could have learned to do that on their own given time.

Interested

>heaven/spirits are canon in SJ
>if he had stayed in the future, while his family was gone, their spirits could look down upon him with pride at rebuilding with ashi
>instead condemns every single person from the future to a nonexistence, and they can't even appreciate the victory from the grave.
>now they are and only ever will be nothing more than memories
Ashi deserved better, Genndy.

>Then why didn't he use the time portal in that Shaolin episode?

Please do.

at least it explains why she was able to beat the whole army alone in one swoop