Name one Marvel publication better than Watchmen

Name one Marvel publication better than Watchmen.

Thunderbolts

Superior foes of spider-man, comics are supposed to be fun which superior foes arguably is the best at.

name one dc publication better than watchmen 1st

Silver Surfer by Dan Slott

Not the topic, retard. If you can't answer (I know you can't) then fuck off.

I can't believe marvel is bringing Watchmen to their main earth

Bendis is a hack

Marvel: Ruins.

>Rapeshit

Deadpool

Stay mad, marvelcuck. Here's to squirrelgirl and battleworld shit right? Is captain marvel a Muslim or a woman this time?

Watchmen wasn't DC when it was first released. If OP wanted to companybait this hard, OP should have listed "The Dark knight Returns".

Also, I'm not gonna say they are better but I'd argue that "Born Again" and "Days Of Future Past" are up there in terms of quality.

And "The Night Gwen Stacy Died" is arguably influential as Watchmen

Also, OP, you're a retarded faggot.

Born Again was aight.

>reminder
>Zack Synder said he hates doing "highbrow" things which is why he decided to do Watchmen.

Miller DD Run, Death of Captain Marvel, late Lee and early Conway Spidey, God Loves Man Kills and Epic Comics are more influential and than Watchmen

Prove me wrong

Marvels?

Nextwave

The op was pretty straightforward. No mention of DC, nothing about influence or anything. Is there a Marvel publication better than watchmen? I really like Marvels, but when push comes to shove, I think Watchmen takes it, it has a better story, and stands alone much better than Marvels

Spider-Man One More Day

Actually, I think I should elaborate.
Nextwave and Watchmen are two sides of the same coin on what people see as a good book.
One is about the depth of a story and the other is about what's just fun to read.
Also think about this, both of them were not cannon, but when they both became cannon the fun one was welcomed with open arms and the deep one has caused a riot.

Moonshadow and Starstruck

Squadron Supreme

Miracleman

then it excels at being a deconstruction

The Ultimates. Fuck Watchmen. Ponderous, dull, pseudo intellectual pro rock concept album masturbatatory shite with a stupid ass vagina squid alien ending.

The Ultimates is full on energetic new wave punk rock comics stripped bare with no excess or bullshit and explosions. Fuck Moore. MILLAR BABY.

Fuck yeah, this nigga knows whats up. Epic Comics doesn't get anywhere near the respect they deserve. They were doing Vertigo a decade before Vertigo existed.

Marshal Law.

DOFP is total shit, God Loves Man Kills is better

this man knows

If I have to google them just to know what the fuck they are then they're obviously nowhere near as profound, popular, influential, or well-crafted as Watchmen.

Is this seriously the best you can do? kek

im gonna have to agree with op on this one. i can think of better graphics novels but they're definitely not marvel.

Can't.

>I don't know them, therefor they're not better

I mean, I know this is a bait thread, but c'mon.

New Frontier is better than that.

Here's to Blade coming back! As a strong teenage black fempire.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I can't believe you're serious.

The Authority >>> Ultimates

DC bringing Watchmen into mainstream DCU is ass retarded. But we do need to stop holding Watchmen up as some fucking sacred cow. It's booooring. Anything by Millar, Ellis, or Ennis is more fun to read. Anything by Morrison makes you think more.

Also it's 30 years old ffs. It's zero reflection on current DC which is more like 90s Marvel pre bankruptcy and no one involved in that series is at DC anymore. Get over it DC faggots.

>being so casual you don't even know Born Again
This is the bait thread, innit?

;_____;
a bloo bloo bloo
muh movies
muh little indian girl is so cute

Authority was WildStorm and DC fucked it to the point its creators went Marvel exclusive and created the foundation for the MCU once DC bourght WS.

Are actually retarded?

It's a much more balanced and potent story.

Marvels
The Last Avengers Story
Earth X
God Loves, Man Kills
The Death Of Captain Marvel

oh, wait...you said one.
guess I fucked up.

Marvel Knights: Sentry

>not knowing some shitty Punisher comic makes you a casual
Haha ok kid. Sorry but I only read real comics, not the bland SJW pandering garbage that Marvel shovels down everyones throats.

I bet you haven't even read Sandman or Lucifer.

OP didn't specify graphic novels though. Watchmen isn't even a graphic novel in the first place so I'm not sure what your point is.

I wonder what the most popular comic book writer atm thinks about DC and Marvel... Hmm...

>To me, DC is Superman. DC is Batman. DC is Wonder Woman. DC is Swamp Thing, The Dark Knight Returns, Watchmen, All Star Superman, The New 52 and The Court of Owls. DC is where the great comics get made. I’m honored and proud to be part of that tradition, and I’m going to do my best to deliver my best work ever. I can’t wait for people to see what’s coming.

Daredevil mate. It's a great comic. Not as great as Watchmen. But great.

Not knowing the Punisher from Daredevil does, in fact, make you a shitty casual.

> watchmen is boring
i completely disagree. i find most of the superhero shit boring (captain america, civil war, dark night, etc) but watchmen had so much more depth to it. its all why you're reading i guess.

> ellis
> watchman as sacred
well yeah if youre gonna compare it to trans metro or something then yeah its not gonna hold up. but thats not what op said. he just it was better than anything marvel and i would have to agree. please prove me wrong though. im looking for a new series

>DC bringing Watchmen into mainstream DCU is ass retarded.
completely. they're just clutching at straws at this point.

>Get over it DC faggots
not a fan of DC at all. judge each publications on its own merit

for the record, not op

>Born Again
>Punisher
Dammit I know it's bait but I'm still fucking triggered.

DC was great 1985 - 2005. But companies change and no one involved in that era is working there anymore. It's shit now bro.

Marvel has always been left wing and liberal. Comics to a degree also with Superman literally being the original Social Justice Warrior created by FDR supporting Jews in the Depression.

Both the big 2 are in a weird place currently but DC have a real talent problem and are more like 90s Marvel now than DC off their peak.

i would say thats semantics but okay ill give it to you. he technically didnt say graphics novels.

baka desu imo kmt at modern marvelers desu

you mo-marvs

Tom King is popular? M80, Sheriff of Babylon sells 5k monthly.

>DC was great 1985 - 2005
I'd say they stopped being great at some point in the 90's

Miracleman

wow really
what the fuck
but it's vertigos best title?

>Swamp Thing, The Dark Knight Returns, Watchmen, All Star Superman, The New 52 and The Court of Owls.
Two of these things are not like the others, Tim Tom.

And they started being good at 83, which definitely is something

>vertigos best title?

Not really high praise these days.

spat my juice out senpai thank you for that

ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER.
DO
YOU
SPEAK
IT?

Yeah, it barely sells, much like everything else good in this industry.

Sorry
>best title under DC and Marvel.

Moore's Swamp Thing is better than Watchman

Born Again. Probably the best thing to come from the Big Two.

>im looking for a new series
There are multiple great suggestions in this very thread. You really can't go wrong with anything from Marvel's Epic imprint from the 80s, but if you're looking for some specific ones, as mentioned by others in this thread:
>Moonshadow
>Starstruck
>Marshal Law
And I'd add The One and The Light and Darkness War to that. I don't think I'd say either of them are necessarily "better" than Watchmen, but they're both fantastic comics that are greatly overlooked.

If you're looking for straight superhero comics/non-Epic comics though then
>Squadron Supreme
>Miracleman
>NEXTWAVE
>Miller's Daredevil (as mentioned, Born Again in particular, but the full run is still fantastic outside of Born Again. Also worth reading Miller's Elektra: Assassin)
>Marvels/Marvels: Eye of the Camera

When has quality ever equaled sales?

DOFP is much better, it pretty much invented Terminator.

This guy gets it

alright user im trusting you on this one

Banter aside, is The Ultimates really that good? Never really got into Marvel except for Born Again, and wanted to give it a shot.

This. Born Again is a masterpiece.

I like Watchmen a lot.
I'm going to enjoy posting this image.

Banter aside I honestly think The Ultimates vol 1 and 2 are that good. Millar and Hitch at the top of their game. It's the best movie you will ever read.

Born again would've been way more influential if bullseye showed up at the end instead of nuke and cut out all the captain America shit. Watchmens still better.

Born again ended with a fissle.

Watchmen is DC

Silver Surfer: Requiem

literally any of them
that things a pile of dogshit that only got popularity because it was riding on the wave of edginess of that time period.

>reminder
>Zack Synder said he hates doing "highbrow" things which is why he decided to do Watchmen

Sounds about right.

We're not talking about influence, we're talking about quality.

Dude, I fucking love Watchmen, and it's my favorite, but come on...

t. Marvel Shill

I like DC more than Marvel, though.

Come on what? Watchmen is the greatest superhero story ever told and marvel will never produce something of equal or greater quality.

Yeah, I said Watchmen is my favorite. My proble was with you saying
>If I have to google them just to know what the fuck they are then they're obviously nowhere near as profound, popular, influential, or well-crafted as Watchmen.
Little-known doesn't mean low quality.

The fuck you talking about.

It has a literally dc logo

irony

I only read Lucifer because I liked the tv show. Its a guilty pleasure

All Star Supermannah i'm just bluffing LMAO

>New Frontier
I don't think so

Wait, do you mean the original Lucifer or the new Lucifer? Because the original Lucifer is 10/10 but the new one is hot fucking garbage.

Watchmen was put out by DC

I'd struggle to name any publication better than Watchmen on its own, but that's arguably because Watchmen is very rare in the medium as until recently it was its own contained work.

The only comics I'd say are up there with Watchmen are Maus and Persepolis (that I've read). To me, Watchmen is very different to your standard great Marvel work, so it's hard to compare.

My best Marvel books/runs would be:
>original Secret Wars
>the new Secret Wars
>a lot of the Ultimate Universe titles, especially Millar, Hickman and Fialkov
>Marvels
and none of those are particularly cerebral

Nigga that ain't even the best Squadon Supreme comic.