Without using memes or infantile name calling, explain why you dislike this man and his body of work

Without using memes or infantile name calling, explain why you dislike this man and his body of work.

I like him.

No keks.

Tarantula has a home here.

His movies arent that good

But I don't.

Shocking graphic violence = good story telling????

His films run too long. He needs to learn how to edit in only what's needed.

His early work is entirely amoral and nihilistic
His later work revolves around a crude immature morality

In both cases, he has very little to tell audiences

BUT MUH DEAD NIGGER STORAGE

Name a bigger cuck in hollywood

He's a great director and normies love him, of course Sup Forums has to think the opposite

Fedora fags like Tarantino, retard

Tarantino is a Marrano jew and shows all the mental problems those people usually have. However, since he had tow atch his mother getting fucked by blacks as a kid, he also has some weird complex about black dicks.

Which makes for interesting movies, but personally, I don't like them. Too schizo and worshipping of black men for my taste, it gets weird after a while.

I didn't go to film school, I went to Sup Forums

His characters lack depth. They are cruel, nihilistic husks with very few redeeming features, and the few that ARE complex and interesting (such as most of the Germans from Inglourious) are either killed off too soon or else quickly reduced back into one-dimensional caricatures by an ever-vigilant Tarantino. For example, the young German man named Fritz who was celebrating his son's birth is portrayed as a largely innocent soldier who just happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time right up until the end, when he says something anti-Semitic and is subsequently gunned down by the Audience Gods who have instantly lost all pathos for him. There are a good 5 or 6 more examples in that one movie alone, with the same thing happening in “The Hateful 8” and “Django Unchained” – a potential morally grey character becomes nothing more than a big bad strawman for our protagonists to hit, not that they themselves have any more to them that their apathy towards killing.

Secondly, his cinematography and style seems to have sunk into an armchair of money, comfortable living off its own reputation and never seeking to improve or do something original. If you go into a Tarantino movie, you know what to expect – 2 or 3 monologues, some snappy but ultimately tiresome dialogue, violence, and plenty of the same shots you have seen in other movies. If Tarantino attempted a Valhalla Rising-type film, my respect for him to go up by 70%, but the fact is he won’t because too entrenched in his superficial, unoriginal and cynical style.

And yes, the left-wing messages have become so unsubtle and attention-seeking they make it very difficult to enjoy whatever few redeeming features his films may have.

What's his next project?

What's going on here?

This is exactly true.
>early work is entirely amoral and nihilistic
Characters like Jules and Vincent kill without remorse and never face any consequences. This nihilism doesn't even seem to have a proper message like 'No Country for Old Men'.
>later work revolves around a crude immature morality
Yup, "Nazis and racists are bad" is the closest Tarantino has ever gotten to a moral code for his movies. I can only think that it is a way to make otherwise irredeemable characters seem likable in the eyes of mainstream audiences.

Thanks for contributing to the discussion.

Tarantino's an easily digestible version of a lot of different films, not necessarily better films, but generally the kind that normies don't wanna watch. His films for the most part are well done, but they're well loved and movie nerds are able to figure out his sources so they like to say he's shit, as if that makes them better than all the people who just can't see through the fun dialogue and see the homages.

GREAT MOVIES:
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown

PRETTY GOOD MOVIE:
Hateful Eight

OK MOVIE BUT TOO LONG:
Kill Bill

MOVIES I HAVE NO INTEREST IN WATCHING:
the rest of them

>naziboos missing the point of Inglorious Basterds

I don't think his revenge films are about morality as much as they're sort of statements on the nature of revenge films themselves. Nazis and slave owners have been stock villains in films for years solely because filmmakers don't have to show them any remorse. Tarantino's lack of morals are what sets him apart from others working in similar genres. He adds layers to characters regardless of their actions to make an audience that's already against Nazis and slavers see the perpetrators as people -- we simultaneously enjoy the pleasures of the revenge genre while also being aware of how amoral it all is.

>comfortable living off its own reputation and never seeking to improve or do something original.
I think at some point, the guy is just too engrossed in making homages and references to other films that he end up neglecting actually you know, making a proper functional movie.

because hes a stupid fucking hack who wants the destruction of the white race
+1 for using nigger tho

I think his movies lack identity. Everything feels so damn familiar, especially due to the fact that he borrows a lot from other films, such as the original Django, City on Fire, Enter the Dragon, etc.

And then there is the fact that his films feel like they don't have to say much or atleast make you think about something. I think Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are both good pieces of post modernist cinema, but his other work doesn't seem to tell anything interesting or anything that we didn't know.

If you want to make a film and you go pitch your idea, the first thing Mr. Goldberg will ask you is: "Why do you think this film should be made?". I don't Tarantino has much to go for when it comes to that. Yeah we know nazis are bad, we know slavery was bad, but what is the point of telling us that once again?

I do like his writing though, and the fact that he often collaborates with Robert Richardson.

This is exactly how I felt after watching Django and Hateful Eight. Pretty sweet movies (except for the whole ''lol put in sum modern day hiphop in the wildwest lelz xDD'') up until that point he's trying to be too much of a blacks sympathizer.

The problem is so, the Nazis and slave owners ARE portrayed as typical archetypical villains. Like I said, he seems to open with a complex character who could test the revenge-taker, but then “excuses” the revenge-taker of any moral responsibility by dehumanizing the victim at the last moment (e.g. the officer at the beginning of Inglourious Basterds). A good filmmaker should be testing his characters, forcing them into positions neither they nor the audience ever anticipated. In Tarantino movies, however, he uses things like “Nazi” and “slave owner” to relieve both the characters and audience of having to think about things.

An example of revenge done really well would be Sicario, where the filmmaker doesn't flinch from questioning the morality of our protagonists. Overall I think you're giving Tarantino too much credit when in the end he's just setting up big bad wolves to get cut down in a manner so that we don't have to care about them.

>Characters like Jules and Vincent kill without remorse and never face any consequences
>Vincent
Is getting fucking gunned down and killed not a consequence? Jules decides to try and reform himself by quitting the business, and it ends up saving his life. Vincent stays and faces death.

I like some of Tarantino's films just fine, Inglourious Basterds was the most recent one of his I particularly cared for. He's a talented guy with a head full of cinema, and that's great, I just wish he wouldn't do "cineliterate genre homage" all the time and instead focus on doing something original.

This is the Tarantino films I love and like to watch:

Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Django Unchained
Hateful Eight

hateful 8 is so shit, the twist happens in the last ten minuets and it's never hinted at

you gon hit me?

the violence is great and all but it's the attention to detail. Why do characters in many of his films smoke "Red Apples", bullet holes already there in pulp fiction, the suitcase?

He has revolutionised story-telling in mainstream cinema.

That being said, hes an ugly beta loser with 0 charisma.

History will not be kind to Tarantino

Arrogance
Has to have the word Nigger constantly
Will cast himself to say it if need be
His personality seems near identical to his character in Pulp Fiction

Other than that his movies are enjoyable the first time through, then on the re-watch they lose value more than other re-watches.