So

so

why did he do it?

He learnt of their ways

Ridley needed to quickly close up loose ends from Prometheus that he couldn't answer.

this

>arrive to a planet where the engineers also seeded life
>decide to wipe them out and instead make grotesque experiments

It's a kind of payback for what the engineers plan to do on Earth and it puts David on the same level as the engineers

Engineers wanted to wipe out humans? Well David will wipe out their favorite creation.

He was allergic to wheat

That

david deemed them not worthy of being creators

Black penises will always be an evolved race's downfall

>this 'oh they're not really engineers' autism
nothing in the movie hinted at this, and Prometheus said they were setting course for the engineer homeworld

It's idiotc tht they made his character evil. They should have made him like bishop with shaw still alive maybe visiting the engineer homeworld. This is fuckin retarded.

why would that be better, it would just be completely stock standard 'help us defeat the ebil aliens!'

>people literally not getting the mythical allusions

was his quoting Milton not obvious enough for you?

Does that mean AvP and Predator 2 are not canon anymore?

They never were to begin with

The AVP movies were already stated to be non-canon spin offs
However, predator 1 & 2 did happen in the universe of Alien, since predators appear in the fire and stone comic which was announced as being canon, I guess the predator had a deacon skull instead of a xeno skull, who knows

I think it was thinly veiled FUCK WHITE PEOPLE.

The other

Yeah, it was obvious to the point of making the whole thing pretentious. Did Scott think he was going to elevate this from mediocrity by jamming in biblical and literary references every few minutes?

This film was George Lucas-tier as far as prequels go.

can you mark with spoiler next time if this is some spoiler shit?

how is this spoiler, this is literally in the trailer....

>This film was George Lucas-tier as far as prequels go.
you are being way too kind

Literally a prologue scene to the movie released with this scene, its in the trailer, and if youve seen the trailer and had half a brain you could piece together what is happening

because they had the shampoo he wants for his luscious growing hair

David is a ball of barely contained resentment since Prometheus, so I won't be surprised if he did out of spite for having his head torn off.

What I don't get is why he killed Shaw? He has enough feelings for her that he made a her a grave and planted vegetations in her memory. But he apparently killed her, used her to breed his xenomorphs, and dissected her.

And did he actually rape Shaw or not?

But David doesn't like very much humans.

Pretty sure that was there there so they could do an Alien Resurrection "kill me" reference, when they show her dissected body. Most of the movie felt less like a coherent narrative than a blatant attempt to cash in on the brand.

He's a dick

david probaly lacks a penis. so he woudn't be able to rape shaw

>no camrip
People genuinely still watch these flicks in actual cinemas?

There's a scene where David shows Walter how to play the flute, and uses the word "fingering" in reference to it. There was a group of people that started snickering behind me the moment it was said. Completely worth seeing it in the theater just for that.

It was really funny in our theater. Everyone was snickering and looking at each other when he said 'fingering', and to top it off, someone interrupted the snickering and laughing with, "It's not funny, that's what it's called!" Which of course made everyone laugh louder.

ambiguous, but he at least thought about it. for whatever reason he probably didn't, which would explain why he straddled daniels and kissed her, asking if that was what it was supposed to feel like. if he had raped shaw he would already know. maybe the iota of affection he had for shaw kept him from outright raping her (while she was alive) but we don't have any way to know the details.

He says to Walter in the movie that he sees humans as inferior to himself, and humans came from Engineers as did these people. David thought they were inferior.

I think that's why he quotes the lines from the poem, he is acting out mans superiority complex. Can't think of any other reason and Ridley hasn't made it obvious enough.

Shaw is infertile, so is David. But he wants to be a creator, and she wants to be a mother. So he decides to make her his wife and mother of his "children" (aliens).

Presumably Shaw would have been against this. But maybe Shaw found out who the Engineers really were, lost her faith, became extremely depressed, and decided to create the aliens with David out of spite. Who knows. That would have been an interesting film. Too bad we didn't see it.

>the scene in the prometheus ship of shaw singing in the hologram
Was she insane bros?

>nothing in the movie hinted at this
They don't look like Engineers (these guys are manlets with human eyes), they're technologically devolved, and they're ogling one of their ships like it's a god instead of, you know, one of their ships. Fuck, there was no technology whatsoever. Maybe the Engineers do live as ascetics, but after seeing their ship and temples I really doubt that.

yeah, it seems to me that the species we saw exterminated were just another Engineer manufacture species, just like humans.

Engineers themselves probably just live in ships going from planet to planet

this is seems right based on all evidence but i'm pretty sure david says they 'set course for the creator's homeworld' in the crossing promo. could be wrong.

>Milton
David, please, if one note is off, the whole symphony fails

because he could

Yeah, that's the big issue. I'm just pretty sure Ridley left something unexplained, and I'm betting it's either about the engineers or David's driving abilities.

He wanted all the wheat for himself.

ahahahahahhaha the Engineers being killed by something they created just epic... beings capable of interstellar travel are defeated by some stupid virus, retarded as fuck, as if they couldn't just create a barrier... or have antidots, or suits which protect them from external forces... this is retarded to say the least...