Is there a Napoleon film that comes close to this miniseries?

Is there a Napoleon film that comes close to this miniseries?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P0UQ3oEYuA0
youtu.be/k97nvOSBDnk
youtube.com/watch?v=6504eRh5h6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Waterloo was pretty dope, it's the only Bonaparte movie I know of though

I wish they made another one but they won't in this era. He's impossible to cast in the age of chads

Only Waterloo and Napoleon (1927) are worth watching.

I've been skimming through the BBC's "War and peace", and the set designs are gorgeous, if it's Napoleonic battles you're hungering for.

As for if we see Napoleon, well there were interactions between him and his marshalls in the book, but they skip that in the series sadly enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=P0UQ3oEYuA0

Speaking of War and Peace and Waterloo, this one is also absolutely worth watching. It also has best Natasha
youtu.be/k97nvOSBDnk

>greatest French man was Italian
>greatest French footballer was Italian(platini)
KEKED

Thanks brother! Am on my way to finishing the book, and I was going to binge every "War and peace" adaptation when I had that behind me.
Is this the 1956 one?

>best Natasha
As in twelve years old, wink, wink, nudge nudge?

>Napoleon
>not Louis XIV, Richelieu, du Guesclin, de Gaulle, or Phillipe-Auguste
>doubt intensifies

Anyways, equating Corsicans to Italians is silly, and they'd butcher you if they'd heard you say that.

>tfw not one good scene yet depicting the pont d'Arcole
It's hilarious how retarded Hollywood is that they don't pick things that are so obviously movie material.

>Is there a Napoleon film that comes close to this miniseries?
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

corsica was french before napoleon was born, and being french is about being french it's not about your dna, just like being an american

That one would be the 1966 Soviet adaptation. The director also did Waterloo. I think the 1956 one would be the one that had Audrey Hepburn.

>As in twelve years old, wink, wink, nudge nudge?
Unironically yeah, it's the only one that I can think of that doesn't introduce Natasha as a 30 year old woman, but instead as an actual kid/young teen.

>de Gaulle
almost had me

>The director also did Waterloo.
Ah, yah, definetely enough to get me curious. And more than Americans, Russians usually respect for characters to speak in their native tongues: in the clip you've provided, Kuzutov's dialog being in Russian, Napoleon's in French, making it all the more vivid, and that much closer to the book where all those languages are juxtaposed and mingled all the time. Again, in love with the BBC's adaptation, but it's slightly lazy when all they do to depict Russians speaking french is throw in "ma chère" once each episode, and that's it. And everyone speaking English makes me go "zzz". Litterally no one difference between the Russians, Austrians and French that way.

> a 30 year old woman
Yeah see this a lot. Strange considering how important it is that she be young and naive in the book.

>allow your country to not become a mere US vassal
>not deserving of being called great

plebs

this man gets it

youtube.com/watch?v=6504eRh5h6M

>Litterally no one difference between the Russians, Austrians and French that way.
Yeah I know what you mean and I think you lose some aspect of the characters without their language/nationality present.

Also it sounds weird but Mongolians don't act the same way as Italians do. And when I saw the new BBC series (it's good), it felt off seeing everyone act "British". The dialogue is still the same but it doesn't feel right hearing it in English from a guy with an English/American acting background. I dunno maybe I'm just stupid.

Idiot.

OP was asking for series of Napoleon's whole fucking life, not just a few meme battles.

>Muh civil patriotism
Yes, achmed and juan will totally treat you as their fellow countryman as long as the constitution is upheld. Now get back to work, someone has to pay for the welfare programs after all.

>muh heritage

>some aspect of the characters without their language/nationality present.
Well, if you've read the book in a version where it's been indexed what was written in French or what was redacted in Russian, it's because you're supposed to see the Russians losing a lot of their infatuation with French as the wars progress. Tolstoi really wanted for "War and peace" to be a historical epic, and discarding the part about Russian nobles reuniting with their own language (which defines their entire XIXth century) makes you lose a huge part of the story.

> it felt off seeing everyone act "British"
Nah I get you. The outlook of the Russian aristocracy felt very "English", if that can mean anything: basically upper class people who sneer at everything, but very "toned down" in how they act, when the Russian one is supposed to be hugely extravagant.

To be fair, civil patriotism has always worked for France, but was never envisioned in a way that it co-exist with mass immigration, where immigrants would strand themselves in small communities and not assimilate into French culture.

War and Peace is kino. Quite a CLASSIC series, if you know what i mean.

Watch it!

this

im white and have very distinctive french name sooo

im just not a fucing underage retard lke you, france is made of a variety of etnies that joined under a same flag and consititution

also this guy is right, you cant really assimilate people who straight refuse to change and mix with other

>csq prénom si français que c'est aussi le nom d'une ville

But again, for it to be echoed back to the other guy, you have to understand that France's history is one of various counties and regions being absorbed into the Royal domains, these being synonymous with Paris. France has no single ethnicity around which it was built, as it encompasses Germanics, Gallo-Romans, Celtics, but only a single same culture (the Parisian one) around which it congregates. Which explains why civic nationalism works with France.

That said, being drowned in blacks and arabs is annoying yes. Doesn't mean civic nationalism is faulted as a concept.