>Calculus is useless
>It is pointless to learn Calculus
>You don't need mathematics in real life

unless you're learning to get a degree I don't see why you would ever need it

>work with some babby tier programming
>has needed every ounce of calculus and linear algebra I took

your job must be super bottom of the barrel tier low intelligence if you don't

its. you dont need it in daily life unless you are some sort of engineer

I do use it in financial engineering, but I can think of a lot of good paying jobs that do not require it

>studying industrial engineering
>dumb as fuck at math...

Send help pleaze...

Maths are easy bro, you just need to work hard, be clever and talented, be motivated and to love maths

It get's easier once you can apply it.

A bottomless pit could lead to endless potential.

don't worry about linear algebra or differentials but you do need up to calculus 3

>lol just have 120+ IQ bro

Build up your foundation, if you're lackning in one area it will Come back to bite you

I thought everyone here did

tfw terrible at maths

is 120 considered high? 1 in 10 people have that IQ.

Wtf, I have 130 and I am still fucking retarded.

which online test did you use?

>work with some babby tier programming
Like what?

if your field doesn't involve maths you are a brainlet

Sad pepe poster here..
actually last time i checked my IQ was of 119..
so im not that far from 120. i dont believe that shit can be trusted that much anyways.

i believe i have troubles with math due to lack of motivation more than anything.

You don't need to be gifted for any university level math course

I wasn't an online test, but paper one.

I have 80 IQ, like all Russians, that's why we're poor, dumb and aggressive barbarians please nuke Russia and beat and kill every Russian you encounter in your life

Wow, man, calm down.

im detecting a little bit of sarcasm here..

i still wonder i would it feel to have such a low IQ. I must be great desu.

It's mostly useless for me except for two things:

1. Since I do amateur radio and build my own antennas, I use calculus sometimes to analyze electromagnetic fields. The Stokes equation, Fourier transforms, and so on. But mostly I just plug the variables into Wolfram instead of solving the equations myself.

2. I have to use Lambda calculus expressions sometimes when I program in Haskell, because they are much easier than programming the same thing but without Lambda expressions. But the basic Lambda calculus I use is more like notation than "real" calculus.

>tfw econ major who fucking hates calculus
does it get any easier? I've been told that higher level econ courses require comparatively little math.

That's because you passed it in vk app

Yeah, like there are no high end jobs that require logic more than math, or hell, even people skills, which I hear most programmers have none of.

Depends what you mean by "higher level." If you go into econometrics, then it's basically ALL math and statistics. If you mean stuff like complex derivatives pricing, that is also mostly math. But if you mean "social economics" or something like that, then you're dealing more with "soft" factors that don't really lend themselves to quantification via calculus.

Now that's a stretch

Then it's high. If 90% of people are dumber than you, then you are pretty fuckin' well off, and you could pull off most jobs with that IQ.

>no inherent talent to be creative so you need to rely on a learned skill like mathematics

Hitler put the wrong people in camps

You only need to know the concepts in many cases of engineering at least, meaning you'll probably never solve a differential equation in your job after graduating. EEVblog said he never needed to do much maths in his career as an electrical engineer for example despite the maths-heavy nature of a typical EE university degree.
you are low-IQ if you believe that unironically about programming

Lads, does this mean "in the 88.8th percentile"?

You got a B.

SPIKES SPIKES SPIKES SPIKES SPIKES SPIKES SPIKES

I bought a calculus book 3 months ago, haven't touched it since. I really can't see how that shit is used pratically at all, someone please tell me so I can motivate myself to learn math again

Please correct me

Who are you quoting? Nobody sane has ever said this in real life. Everyone knows calculus is a vital discipline in the modern world.
I think this is just a cleverly disguised segue into you stroking your own ego. Get a job, math nerd.

Hmmmm

>I bought a calculus book
>bought a book
>2017

derivatives are rates of change, integrals are anti0-derivatives and sums of very small parts
seems intuitive enough senpai

I suppose it depends on the course but if you have a solid studying routine you shouldn't face that much trouble with the more common uni level math courses

Watch 3Blue1Brown on yt

Probably has nothing to do with percentile class rank because you can't be in the 0 and 100th percentile rank.

What if you study maths?

pure maths courses are some of the easiest, from a certain point of view. less fucking about with tedious computations and expressions, more just straight forward logical argument about abstract objects.

eh, most people don't need more than basic math for their jobs.

A-at least I managed to mimick the formula