The other day I was in the supermarket. I learned some people take an empty cart...

The other day I was in the supermarket. I learned some people take an empty cart, and place in in the line adjacent to them so they could wait in two lines at the same time and move to the shorter line. Do people in your country do that too?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gm8CB1_Sw3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=QIGxO0VnK6k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sounds like something a kike or a gypsy would do.

Sometimes some people do and some shop clerks reject him.

What the fuck? No.
Instead we just trample people to death during shopping sales.

Fortunately no

No, that is utterly despicable behaviour. Have you no respect for your fellow man? I swear only the Brits can queue properly

> I swear only the Brits can queue properly
You obviously never met a Jap in your life

I have actually been to Japan, they are still lacking. For example if there are 2 train ticket machines, 2 queues will form in Japan. But in the UK, you'll get one queue for both, and people go to whichever one frees itself first. This us obviously the fairer and faster way, but in other countries people can't help themselves from going straight to the machine

I don't believe ugly selfish brits can be this solidaire.

Usually I choose the most crowded queue and if I outdo those who were in shorter lines I could deem myself to be special somehow so it'd work for me at least.

Fair play as a concept is very important thing here. People don't care about what other people do as long as things are fair. We have huge income inequality here for example, but the majority don't really mind as long as people "play by the rules"

No

That's very interesting... it's why Jews were so hated back then in Europe... they didn't "paly by the rules".

Well that's doubly interesting, because lots of things that are considered fair here are seen as devious in Europe. For example people are very tricky with how they talk here, especially in business. Things are rarely straightforward. Things are never "good" they're "not bad", people's work isn't "bad" it's "sometimes lacking" etc. People seem to think that this is weird and two faced abroad, but here it's actually meant as a way of being polite - it's a lie that both parties know is a lie but it makes you both happier.

Jews weren't allowed in England until (((cromwell))) let them back in.

That difference doesn't matter, it's all about "playing by the rules of wherever you are."
And that lack of hypocrisy is exactly what makes people here unbearable so many times.

>Kikes mostly coming from Germland in Europe
>Pure coincidence
youtube.com/watch?v=Gm8CB1_Sw3Q

Whenever there's two people together people do that but with an actual person in each line but I'm from Jew York so I dunno if that counts.

usually if you're with a family or friends, each of us would take one line and we would merge to the fastest line.

No. But there are old ladies notoriously cutting in line. They just pretend they don't see you, it drives me mad.

Old people seem to care most about manners but always have the worst manners

What the fucking shit, this is the first time i heard about this nonsense, the fucking cockyness is appalling.
I saw some kids skipping queue in canteen during recess, when I was still in school in my home country.

>Volvic on the tabowl

Wu

The butcher's is always a test of patience. So many fucking grannies cutting in after they're done figuring out which twenty different cold cuts they want.

haha
>flag
checks out

this is a german supermarket today

we have Bürgerwehr wait for the end

youtube.com/watch?v=QIGxO0VnK6k

>I swear only the Brits can queue properly

I have never done this and would literally beat the shit out of anyone who tried to Jew me like this.

pic related, shopping in Bongland

Joyous

I have a whole folder of these.

We have a word for 'fair' too, though a more literal translation of it would be "decent".

Never seen that, if anyone tried this it would surely create a conflict.

What book is this from do you know? I'd like to get it as a Christmas present for my mum

On busy days one goes with an empty card to wait already in line while other go getting the supplies.
This way you wait in line and shop at the same time.

That would not be tolerated here, to say the least. If nothing else, the store wouldn't let you do something like that.
Why are your cashier lines so long?

George Mikes "How to be a Brit"

It bundles 3 booklets of him on the English. The story behind it is that he was (died in 1984) a Hungarian immigrant, who entered Britain in 1939 just before the war started on an engagement as a journalist, and couldn't go back. He eventually married an Englishwomen but had a hard time adjusting to the cultural differences. In his frustration he wrote a booklet on the English, originally meant to be a giant shitpost and aimed at other continentals, but to his surprise the English actually loved it and it became a bestseller. Later throughout his life he wrote a couple of additional booklets on the same subject, the cultural differences and funny little habits of the Brits, mainly the English.

Later in life he also wrote about other countries he visited, in the same witty humoristic fashion, I've read his works on the Germans, Japs and Swiss, and on the Yanks, they're all good but the ones on the English are top notch.

Ah interesting, I think I read about him on Wikipedia before but never looked into it. Thanks for the tip! He does have the eye it seems. Wonder why the English like being mocked

He's not the only one who has done this, pic related is an earlier work, 1929, on the English written by a Dutch immigrant. It's also good but to understand a good part of it you have to know a bit about the politics in the UK in that era.

Well perhaps because his mocking is done in a very tasteful manner? He uses a certain kind of humour that is very witty and observant, I think the Brits like this.

From what he said in the intro of his second booklet, he had second thoughts after publishing it (a close friend, an immigrant jew, published it for him as he needed something for his newly found publishing house in 1948) but the reactions were quite positive, in the lines of "yes we are like that, aren't we?". The only real insulting chapter was the one on sex, which (in 1948) was just one line: "Continental people have sex lives, the English have hot water bottles."

Pic related is one of my favorite chapters. On planning a town.

No, that's weird and moving to another line with your cart sound super inconvenient.

You're very knowledgeable. I'm actually getting a hot water bottle for Christmas, we liked body pillows before they were cool it seems

Thanks for sharing this. I'll have to look it up.

Found an epub in soulseek

I know what three of those words mean

Found a digital version of the book for download from a file-sharing program called soulseek.

Oh, cool. Thank you.

no but if there are two or more people who came together they sometimes stand in different lines for the same purpose even if they only have one cart

knowledgeable? or clever? (pic related) ;^)

I highly recommend it. I used to live with a Russian family, the lady of the house was engaged to a Brit. They all absolutely loved it.