I personally thought after seeing Alien: Covenant that the Neomorph seemed WAAAYYY more terrifying

I personally thought after seeing Alien: Covenant that the Neomorph seemed WAAAYYY more terrifying.

What does Sup Forums think of the Neomorph?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus
youtube.com/watch?v=EkXgRlRao5I
youtube.com/watch?v=YXWpVzfZJdg
youtube.com/watch?v=EjZ7Cb5WDLM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Despite being physically weaker than the Xenomorph, it's arguably way more dangerous just cause of how ridiculously easy it is to infected with one.

looks to much like a "demon" or something from paintings, wallpapers etc.

The mouth should've been altered to show an opening so as to not give the impression that it comes outta no where. Other than that it was great

the adult form was definitely the creepiest looking. it was terrifying when it stood upright to stare at david.
the kid form was cute

Because of the philosophical dialogue and metaphors in the movie, I would say that is what they were going for

well it certainly makes sense and all, but it still looks like some edgy deviantart-tier design

Ok, so I havent watched Prometheus since it first came out, but I have a few questions.

So Shaw flies to the enigneer homeworld, somehow manages to reattach Davids head to his body. When they arrive, David kills everyone with xenomorphs or something. Did he just create an army of xenomorphs along with shaw? I guess he somehow kills Shaw before they reach the engineer planet, because no way would she let David create tons of aliens and attack the enigneers. So how come we find her signal on the enigneer homeworld?

boring

should have made it more gloopy and body-horror

right now its basically just an albino xenomorph with down syndrome

There's a prologue trailer with a scene not in the movie where she attaches his head while shes on the engy ship. She then goes into cryosleep assumingly never woken up alive again. They then arrive at the engy homeworld

David released the goo capsules that didnt create any xenos but more or less "charred" them, like a nuclear weapon flash

The signal was a signal from the now crashed engy ship. She sings the song Tenessee recognizes when she's in the chair before she goes into cryo

She was in stasis so he didn't need to kill her outright.

Also that's no way in hell the engineer's home planet. Everything was way too primitiv.

I like the design but it shouldn't have had a tail, looked much better when it was upright instead of on all fours.

I think it should've formed inside the host though, and then slowly shed off the human-meat or melt it into itself. So for the first "form" it would still be wearing a ripped human skinsuit of sorts. Just a thought.

Heres the vid link, there also another one for "the last supper" which is about the covenant crew before they went into cryo

youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus

youtube.com/watch?v=EkXgRlRao5I

Yes, they fucked up the aliens in an Alien movie.

Ridley only threw in the xenomorph to please the studio and capeshitters. The fate of Prometheus and the goo were his obvious interest.

The only good thing about this one is that he had lips.
It had an opening, a very small one.

They can't do shit w/o Gieger desu senpai.

ok, now it makes more sense. Thanks!

>Literally accidentally retcon the original movie

I think we've finally found a prequel series worse than the Star Wars prequels and The Hobbit movies.

The biggest unaswered question is: Why does every female protag in the alien franchise have terrible haircuts?

They were definitely nastier. Interesting choice to put the way more disgusting aliens BEFORE the classic ones appear

the head is shaped like a turd and not biomechanical enuff

he probaly woke her up later and then started his experiments on her

Why even wake her up?

All that I can picture is this.

because he could.
davis is a narcist. he probaly kept her alive and awake while he did his experiments on her body.

They're white tho, Fassbender wanted black waifus.

yet the neomorphs killed more people and where more deadly
then david's apparant perfection creature
who just behaved like dumb animals and got owned hard by their own stupidity

walter was right, david fucked up

Since the pre-sequel...-thing is intended to focus on the story of what happened to Shaw and David almost directly after Prometheus, I think he wakes her to then have some misadventures aboard the ship, possibly due to David fucking around with the goo. Or they have an unplanned encounter with the engineers or some shit.

Point is, I don't think David would experiment on Shaw without her consent or her knowing about it.

kek shaw allowing david to experiment on her.
yeah right. she might be the dumbest person in the alien franchise, but i doubt she is that stupid

you lack imagination

haha what's wrong with his hed?

Bruh
Look at this dood...

why are alien fans suddenly such crybabies now?
apparently you faggots dont remember being excited for avp at all. which you probably were, considering the franchise was fucking dead after requiem

go suck a dick Sup Forums
outb4 fags

Everything you need to know

youtube.com/watch?v=YXWpVzfZJdg

I'd say more like something we'd see in the Resident Evil games but I still liked it overall

The difference between the Xenomorph and the Neomorph is that the Neomorph is pure, naked aggression. It's the Xenomorph on Stupid Ax-Crazy mode.

No subtlety or brains, just "I'm going to kill you all".

Weaponized rage.

It sucks we didn't see a fight between a Neomorph and a Xenomorph.

The Neomorphs are conveniently killed off before the Xenomorphs appear.

Live test subject.

It could always be worse.

The reason David considered the Xenomorph superior is that it can reproduce AND kill simultaneously (via infecting people).

The Neomorph is a dead-end, because it's so blunt it charges into gunfire. It's literally a roid-rage bull. It lacks brains.

Is it possible the Aliens in "Aliens" have more Neomorph in them than "Alien"-Aliens?

It would explain why they were blunter in technique.

Covenant is objectively worse than Resurrection.

Give it a rest, Whedon.

>hey that's actually kinda-
>*sees comically huge hands*
>oh

Remember that scene in Covenant where the guy pulls a bit of his brain out of the back of his skull after he gets bitten by a xeno before he dies?
I don't, get the fuck out of here with that shit.

looks like a retarded dolphin

Out of the two, one of them retcons the original movie, the other doesn't.

We're only assuming Shaw was innocent in all this.

How do we know she didn't go insane from the isolation and join in David's schemes?

It would explain why he loved her even in death. For all we know, she got infected accidentally and decided to use her body for the cause.

>She sings the song Tenessee recognizes when she's in the chair before she goes into cryo

I figured it was after David drops the pods. After David wakes her up, she finds out what he did and/or what he plans for her, so she escapes and crashes the ship into the mountain. She sings the song cause she knows she's about to die. Sending out the signal was a mistake because it's an alien ship says not familiar with piloting.

She either dies in the crash or is kept alive for a bit while David uses her to experiment with.

He didn't love her, he was messing with Walter

How so?

Which is totally why he made an ornate grave for her BEFORE Walter even showed up.

He probably did in his own fucked up way. Why would he make a memorial for her if he didn't.

I just find Resurrection to be very silly, and the tonal shift really doesn't sit right with me.
I just rewatched it tonight and it's definitely a more cohesive unit than Covenant, but I got less out of it than Covenant where I could at least appreciate Fassbender's performance and some of the really neato visuals.

>Hey dude want to see my latest experiments
>Okay
>They're inside these weird disgusting alien pods downstairs, come with me
>Is it safe
>Yeah, they're just waiting for something
>What?
>They're waiting for a mother haha, anyway come up to one of them and look inside of it when it opens up
>Okay
What did they mean by this?

This reminds me of that faggot ass ugly kid in that movie gumo (forget what's it's called but you know)

this was like the only memorable image from this movie.

Let me provide a new theory.

Shaw did not fix David until she had gone insane from many years of isolation. David found in her deranged state, their viewpoints aligned. But the bioweapon eventually infected Shaw. David "took it well", and nuked the Engineers with the weapon that killed her.

The neomorph seems to be a step up in every way.

>has a much more efficient reproduction cycle
>is able to kill full grown humans literally minutes after birth
>is just as hard to kill if not more so than the xenomorph despite not having an exoskeleton

The only downside seems to be it's berserker rage.

>physically weaker

What?

It already could kill a full grown human when it was just born and break through solid walls, it's probably mcuch stronger than a normal xenomorph

What made the movie more terrifying for me than anything:

From what David said of the sketches that Daniel's found, he turned Shaw into an alien queen. Remember when she says "what are you going to do to me?" he replies "exactly what I did to her". That's not a threat, that's a statement.

He told the religious captain guy that he was waiting on a "mother". Obviously daniels died while birthing the xenomorph pods. We can take proof in her huge, distended womb cavity that Walter finds.

David killed all the engineers, making shaw the only living thing to experiment on. And he did. And that's exactly what he's going to do to daniels.

And that's what made me feel the movie was so good and terrifying. It wasn't the horrors of the aliens, it's what sick shit he's going to do with the covenant. Do you remember how macabre and terrifying those sketches were? They were REAL. He can't make new things, he can only copy what he sees.

Don't get me wrong, David's evil was his own.

But he loved Shaw because she was the only one who 'got him".

i UNIRONICALLY THINK rSURRECTION IN THE MOST MEMORABLE aLIEN MOVIE

Fight me

Did anyone realize David is basically a lunatic version of H.R Geiger? The aliens came to him in his dreams.

Oh I'm sure he liked her, and he had nothing but time on his hands to indulge his creativity. But when he's says "Of course, I loved her" I reckon he's messing with Walter.

I doubt it's an accident Shaw was picked by David to be the Queen, the woman he professed to love.

He put her on a pedestal.

The neomorph is a step back in every way, since it's completely unbelievable and just space magic. We went from a believable parasitic reproduction cycle of some alien species to magic space goo. Seriously, fuck Prometheus and Neomorph fans.

I just question whether Shaw is so innocent in "Covenant" as we assume her to be.

I agree. I mean, having spores incubate into a human from mere contact is far more effective than have a Face-Hugger rape you.

A genetic hyper-accelerant is not "space magic", nor is using a form of altered tiny parasitic wasp to carry it (we saw it in David's shop).

Absolutely, she was the only one who treated him with the respect he thought he deserved. Everyone else treated him like a smart slave.

the thing about the xenomorphs (just between Aliens and various comics) the Xenomorph is all about the greater good for the hive
>protect the Queen
>The Queen produces the eggs
>the eggs hatch facehuggers that lead to new workers/soldiers/Queens Guard/Queen IE the future of the hive

Further things to point out is how the Queen(s) are so protective of the eggs to the point of willing to sacrifice adult xenos to protect them and how dedicated Queens are to killing said person/people that hurt said eggs.
Also also how regular xenomorphs are willing to back down from threats to the Queen

Xenomorphs easily have the ability to turn into a self sustaining organism, especially with the ease that they've ended up moving from planet to planet throughout the universe.

Necromorphs have a more efficient reproduction cycle but so much so that it could easily burn itself out, not to mention they just aren't as intelligent as even a worker drone xenomorph

It's poetic justice. As Walter himself said, one note off ruins the music.

David's hubris prevented him from seeing this. In his search for "the perfect organism", he made it worse (like many a plant breeder tends to do).

>genetic hyper-accelerant is not space magic

It is. The Force is more believable than this crap.

Worth it for this scene and those trips.

youtube.com/watch?v=EjZ7Cb5WDLM

When I saw this as a kid I thought it was the most awesome and fucked up thing ever.

It's memorably awful.

Why is nobody talking about just how fucking weird this movie is. Halfway through it turns into gay android Dracula with shit like the neomorph standing up that "trusts" David, and the little baby xeno that praises the sun when it bursts and becomes full size in a matter of minutes. I seriously think Ridley Scott is becoming senile.

>David started playing the recorder because Engineers used them as keys to their ships
Woah... It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Also, considering how dark this film is, would a lunatic Shaw really be out of place?

Isolation would drive her mad, and David of course would be perfectly positioned to warp her mind further.

>he taught Walter

Based brobot coming back

Except there's little evidence of that and more evidence that she was unwilling, and tried to escape.

The pacing starts getting really off once bodies start dropping.

>you have to watch the OFFICIAL pre-release Prologues for the movie to make sense
fuck off FOX. I understand that these were probably deleted scenes (I can't see where they'd fit them in) but it's YOUR job to write a cohesive movie, not mine to search online for the comic-book that explains it all.

Are rampant ridiculous fan theories to explain film caveats and poor design decisions the norm for new movies on Sup Forums?
Covenant seems to be riddled with this phenomenon.

So, a rational Shaw repairs a robot she knows is dangerous as fuck.

For a possible fan-edit, what does everyone think of this?

>Last supper is included after David's creation
>The "message" viral clips are spliced into it wherever it feels right

>So, a rational Shaw repairs a robot she knows is dangerous as fuck.

She doesn't know that. At best all she knows is that David hid the fact that Weyland was alive.

People assume she knows he killed Holloway, but she doesn't. She just asks how he knows he wasn't infected through the air and it never comes up again. Not even when she's putting him in a bag.

Who planted the wheat? The engineers?

I'm really skeptical she wouldn't be suspicious of him.

Repairing a suspicious robot is either stupidity or madness.

>he gave her the gift of dead

so, hes admitting to killing his own mother?

>Do you remember how macabre and terrifying those sketches were? They were REAL. He can't make new things, he can only copy what he sees.
Shaw´s body showed an intact jaw, while David´s picture of her lacked a jaw. David did create (Walter explicitly mentions that only later versions - including himself - were barred from creative pursuits), the sketches weren´t of real things and you should rewatch the movie.

She might be suspicious, but he's an robot.
Probably didn't expect him to have gotten all cuckoo for cocoa puffs with free will.

>David speaks German, is blond haired blue eyed, perfectly Aryan
>ends up going gay
>his perfect organism is a mindless, muscular black beast
Is Aliens social commentary?

I found it more absurd that there was no sign of a Queen to lay those eggs
Did the egg come before the chicken?

Shaw was the first queen. Or parts of her, anyway.

It got BTFO after taking a few bullets to the chest

>no sign of a Queen
I'm thankful for this, the egg mutation theory always seemed much more unsettling than a big boss monster the heroes have to kill.

Shaw's reproductive system created the proto-Facehugger. 10 guesses as to how David created more.

>Repairing a suspicious robot is either stupidity or madness.
David was the only hope she had for survival. Desperate people take to desperate measures...

>Fight Scene
>walter about to kill david with a rock
>david somehow manages to incapacitate walter
>quickly chops off his hand exaclty like walter
s
>combs his hair
>scratches his face like Walter's
>puts on an accent
>Hey guys it's totally me walter waddup?

>Oh hey Walter wanna build that log cabin with me?
>lol what?
>oh shit it's David
why the fuck didn't david just be like 'hhaa oh ya, forsure!' instead of being silent? what does he have to gain from that? Would'nt it be better to play it cool, then if/when he wakes her up at least have the OPTION of using her to his advantage? he could always just kill her if he wanted to
>