What's the reading order for these?

What's the reading order for these?

I usually don't read comics but I want to make sure I'm ready for DC's The Rebirth. Already read Death of the Family, Killing Joke, and Joker: Endgame and thought they were great. I really like that DC makes mature comics and doesn't pander to SJWs like I've heard Marvel does.

Already watched the Watchmen movie, so I'm skipping that for now. Might read it after I'm done with pic related but I've been told that the movie is a faithful adaptation and even improves the ending. Already ordered all of the Before Watchmen comics off Amazon, just need to know what order to read them in.

I know this is bait but I'll just say read Minutemen and Silk Spectre, skip the rest.

:^)

I remember when trolling was an art.

The only one you might need for Rebirth is the Manhattan one.

The actually decently written one is Minutemen.

It's also hard to say what order stuff is in because the stories may cover a span of decades.

Dr. Manhattan mini shows Osterman's backstory and ends with a scene that takes place after his talk with Ozymandias in Watchmen.

Ozymandias mini just goes through his history from childhood to his final confrontation with Blake in Watchmen.

Nite Owl takes place from the time Dan contacted Hollis to become his partner all the way to before superheroes were officially outlawed in the 70's.

Comedian takes place during the 60's from the death of Marilyn Monroe to the death of RFK.

Silk Spectre takes place when Laurie is a teenager to before the meeting of the Crimebusters.

Rorschach is just a story that takes place in late 70's/early 80's.

>before Watchmen
Are you sure you want to read those user

If you remember the events of the movie didn't unfold in a chronological order, so simply approach these books with that in mind and you'll do as fine as someone who plans to read all of Before Watchmen possibly can.

OK, so the order doesn't really matter then? Thanks! Any other comics I should read to prep for the rebirth?

They're cannon aren't they? I want to make sure I know everything about the watchmen before they crossover with DC.

>inb4 just read wikipedia
Already did that for the DC characters, but reading all of the watchmen comics seems a lot more feasible than reading all of the DC comics.

I think user was trying to say that they fucking suck.

I really don't want you to go read Convergence but if you're willing to go read Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan, then I guess you might as well, because it explains why Pre-Flashpoint Superman and Lois are in the New 52 universe.

Additionally, the Convergence: Superman miniseries has Superman and Lois' son being born and he accompanies them to the new 52 as well.

Then there's the Superman: Lois and Clark miniseries that's been going on recently, which is about Pre-FP Superman, Lois, and their son living on the New 52 Earth.

And then there's the current "Last Days of Superman" story which is presumably going to be about the death of the New 52 Superman.

Aren't the watchmen comics supposed to be the greatest comics ever? Or is this just another case of Sup Forums being unnecessarily contrarian?

No, the Alan Moore Watchmen is the greatest. Before Watchmen is a completely different thing that didn't have Moore's involvement.

Eh, I don't really like Superman, but I'll check out Convergence at least. Maybe Last Days of Superman cause that sounds pretty cool actually.

The only other thing to prep for it is Flashpoint but the ending probably might not make any sense given what happened in Convergence and what will probably happen in Rebirth.

The Cooke ones were good.

Your confusing Watchmen and before Watchmen Watchmen is amazing before Watchmen is a steaming pile of shit.

>but I'll check out Convergence at least
Before you do that, here's the proper reading list.
Convergence #0
Skip the main book entirely, for your own sake.
Read all the tie-ins.

Futures End and Earth 2: World's End are kinda related.
Read Futures End, it's not terrible. Don't read World's End, just trust me. Pick up Earth 2: Society from issue 7 if you like, Abnett's been fixing the book.
Then read Superman: Lois and Clark. The beginning will tell you all you need to know about COnvergence that you didn't already know.

I'm not even sure who's a troll and who isn't these days.

dude, you are playng this this thread like a fiddle, why this is so easy?

>reading Before Watchmen
>reading any comic book in order for that matter

Don't you mean "I remember when trolling a art"?