So how was it?

So how was it?

best movie so far this year.

best quips of the year.

Probably yeah, though the bar isn't particularly high.

Pretty terrible, few good scenes but that's it

Why does Drax look so shit in the sequel?

Not particularly great. Feels strangely pointless.

The yellow aliens did nothing wrong. The Guardians need to be punished for their crimes

The first one was better, but the bar is pretty high. Didn't feel ripped off by it, and still better than most of the bullshit being peddled.
8/10

I actually thought that he, Kurt Russel and the Mary Poppins guy were the best things of the film

It was literally a meme movie that was taylor made for reddit

>taylor made

It's enjoyable and a ride you won't regret. It doesn't change the world though so it sucks.

It was great, really deviate from usual MCU formula where the sequel is bigger in terms of scope.
Focusing more on character-driven story other than involving another McGuffin or end of the world plotline definitely felt fresh.
The only issue I've had is all their development involved a lot of telling rather than showing which is the less interesting way to tell a story

But Ego was an end-of-the-universe plot-line you silly goose.

>implying any film nowadays changes the world

theres too much in a short time. Nothing, nothing makes a dent

Hello newfag!

First was better

Step 1: Contact Nova Corps, explain the Ego sitatuation and how Sovereign batteries were instrumental in stopping him

Step 2: Ask Nova to politely and publically thank the Sovereign for helping save life as we know it

Step 3: Profit, Sovereign can't both accept credit for helping safe the world and go after the Guardians. At the very least it becomes impolitic for them to send fleets of figers after them and at best they might actually reconcile.

I'm marry poppin!

pretty fun desu

capekino

Nice try

Weaker than the first one

The first one was a proper light hearted space adventure movie, it was basically better Star Wars than nu-Star Wars. Everything was in the right place.

The second one had a good premise, but overdosed on memes, quips and muh awesome mix songs, most of which were out of place and cringeworthy.

wow yeah
sad to realize actually

The opening Groot dance was cringy as fuck. Actually everything to do with Groot in the movie was cringy as fuck.

The songs were weaker. Than in the first movie but used much better. Most of them had a strong thematic connection to the scene they were in. For example the first use of The Chain was as they left Rocket and he didn't know if he'd driven his family away by being an asshole, while the second use was Peter using his love for his adopted family to overcome Ego's control.

Sad but I thought the same.

they wanted the minions audience

and sell toys.

I thought it was great at first but then started getting bored halfway through. It felt like a skit with 1 hours worth a good material which they padded it out with lots of unnecessary shit.

I didn't hate the movie but I think you need to be easily impressed for this to keep your attention for the whole run time.

Since when do the Sovereign give a shit about what any other race thinks? Why would they care about taking credit for anything?

true
because the movie was actually above average and this year has been shit so far

Saw it on Friday. I really loved it. They did a lot more with Drax and Rocket this time. Kurt Russel was amazing like he always is. Really weird, interesting movie.

They most likely have trade and political alliances with other races. Taking credit for helping save the galaxy would allow them to save face while leaving the Guardians alone.

Weird film that made me feel like nothing actually happened in it.

Feels like there were only 2 acts and it was missing a final third.

Dialogue was overall bad, however there were some funny jokes. Not sure why they felt they had to ruin every serious moment with a joke.

Sly Stallone was cool

Good but worse than the first.
It's missing a sense of direction. We got those super powerful gems in the 1st movie but those are completely forgotten in this one.
Also

Not everything has to tie in to the Infinity stone arc. It's nice to have other stuff happening too. This movie was about character development more than anything else.

The first one is overrated
Go watch it again and tell me with a straight face that it's still better than vol 2

Not bad, but they tried too hard with Baby Groot and it was a little too "We all love each other so much", with Nebula's redeption being the straw that broke the camel's back.

I didn't regret watching it, but the first one was both funnier and tighter

I actually liked that intro. It was very unique at least. But i do agree. everything with groot after that was nothing but cringe to me.

Why doesn't Starlord take a fucking week off, fly back to Earth, hit the pawn shop, and buy the whole tape section and 50 old walkmen?

One more thing... Where the fuck does he get AA batteries? Space 7-11?

Its nothing like god damn star wars. If you read the comics its based on and are familiar with James Gunn's filmography its clear what his vision was and it has nothing to do with Star Wars. I dont know why this meme is spread around.

Most entertaining and fun movie of the year.

Agreed.The only thing Guardians has in common with SW is they're both set in space.

AA batteries? Any ideas Anons?

anyone who says the first one is better hasn't rewatched the first one since seeing the second. GOTG is inferior in almost every way that counts

>missing a final third
>the action scene at the end is literally 30 minutes

Because his mother died there and he doesn't want t to go to an Earth where she's dead. They do go over this in the movie.

Batteries? Really? They have technology that can repair complex machinery by shining a beam on it and batteries that can blow up a space fleet. The last thing we should be worried about is how Pete kept his Walkman running.

Nice try, Jimbo.

>space
>magic
>adventure
If that's not enough I don't know what is

Guardians are less serious and that's the only bigger difference

SW is fantasy
Guardians is super hero

>muh arbitrary genres

it's barely superhero
none of the guardians even have superpowers except quill during the final battle in vol 2

Rocket Raccoon made the movie watchable

It wasn't bad, it just dragged on too long.

"He's your daddy, but he sure as hell aint yer pop boy"

Yondu was great too, and Ego, and Star-Lord, and Drax. Only Gamora was a but weak.

first one was better /thread

Very good, easily the best Marvel film

beautifully rendered action and fx, faithful cosmic comic world building, and genuine heart

>better than john wick 2
>better than logan

kys

They cut his makeup time down from 5 hours to around an hour. Makeup time being cut down is very obvious at times, karen gillan goes from have prosthetic metal bits on her head to it only being painted on in some scenes.

Even Gamora was way better than she was in the first one because of her arc with Nebula

90% of the cgi was awful and had some really awful dialogue in parts.

But Drax was real fucking funny and it had some good moments.

The only real problem was that the arcs felt rushed since there were so many characters to cram into one movie.

I think TV has spoiled me

It was alright. While some of the humor didn't impress me the scenes with Drax and Mantis, Yondu and Rocket are all great.

That's true. Everyone got more screen time and Gamora's lines sounded less artificial but she still needs some work.

It was pretty violent for a manchild movie

Mantis a cute

It is an unusual movie. It feels like a very long episode of a (great) TV show more than a film. It lacks a sense of urgency, but then again, it wasn't at any point boring. Over two hours long, but I'd happily have watched more.

Drax was fucking hilarious.

Gamora and Nebula's rock-hard ass cheeks were extremely distracting.

>It is an unusual movie. It feels like a very long episode of a (great) TV show more than a film.

I felt the same, and that is kind of a great thing. Or like a comic itself, felt like a 2-3 issue storyline within a much longer run.

The Good:
-Kurt Russell is awesome, and his on-screen chemistry with Pratt is great.
-Yondu is great in this movie, especially his material with Rocket.
-Mantis and Drax have the funniest moments in the movie together
-Soundtrack is great and arguably even better than the first one
-Surprising level of character development and depth
-Unexpected feelerinos

The Bad:
-Some of the humour is on the nose and not that good
-A little too jokey at times and not serious enough when it should be
-No new Nova Corps material

Generally it was really good. One of the better sequels in the MCU, but not as good as the first one.

>-Soundtrack is great and arguably even better than the first one

It is excellent, been listening to it all week. Actually got a ketamine infusion to it which was perfect.

>but not as good as the first one.
I hate this opinion, and it's annoying because it seems to be the opinion that everyone defaults to even without having seen the first one in 1-2 years. The first GOTG was a shitty origin story with awful mcguffins for villains. Only Quill and Rocket had any real character depth to them in the original. Mostly just Rocket

Not much different from the first, but it was ok. Drax steals the show.

I'M MARY POPPINS, Y'ALL

>taylor made

Fuck off /asp/

This board is about kino not fucking each others butts and calling it fighting

Niggers, what can you say?

And the awful cgi

I agree that the plot and character depth in the second one was better, absolutely. The main reason I consider the first one better is because it had tighter, smarter dialogue, and the whole schtick was just more fresh the first time around. I don't consider the difference in quality between the two movies to be that big.

This desu. John Wick 2 and Logan were best films so far.

John Wick 2 was fucking stellar.

It's not the Earth music in general that he's attached to, it's the fact that his walkman and the mixtapes he has were specifically made for and given to him by his mother who died of cancer.

TASER FACE XDDD

He was the worst part of the movie
If you cut all of mini Groot's scenes it would be a 9/10 flick

>The main reason I consider the first one better is because it had tighter, smarter dialogue
it really didn't. The dialog is on the same level in both movies, perhaps actually worse in the original.
t. saw Vol 2 yesterday and then came home and rewatched GOTG on my TV

guardians of the redditxy/10

too many quips that fell flat
other than that, pretty good

How come the girls aren't showing their butts in this picture?

would the GOTG beat the Avengers in a fight?

No. Maybe if you had Yondu around and Peter with the light, but the Avengers are OP, so they'd still lose probably.

shit

The Avengers have too many heavy hitters. Even if the GOTG had adult Groot he'd be no watch for Thor or the Hulk and either of those two could probably take on the rest of the Guardians and win. Drax is super tough but only moderately super strong. Rocket could face off against Hawkeye or maybe even Iron Man, Gamora against Cap or Widow, bit they just can't stand up to Hulk and Thor unless Rocket builds a super weapon.

I guess we'll find out in the upcoming movie (2035)

There were some strange things in this movie.

Like a slow shot of Yondu zipping up his pants while staring out a window, after presumably having just fucked a yellow android prostitute.

Best scene in the entire MCU?

Peter quill is immortal briefly. Set the avengers gotg between 1+2 and gotg would win

Better than the first.

I liked it and I'd ravage that Antenna lady.