Will Sup Forums watch this with me?

You guys are my only friend simulator. :(

I hope we can talk about this if it's fun...

>Fox
>Seth Macfarlane
>live-action
no thanks

To be fair this looks more like a Star Trek show than the actual new Star Trek show

I don't think anyone can stand to look at Seth Macfarlanes face.

This. Looks better than the new star trek. Thats pretty sad.

I like his terrible flicks so sure.

Most definitely. But only to beat my dicki to Palicki.

I have a weird feeling that this is going to be one of the definitive shows of the 21st century

Will give a chance because Scott Grimes.

you have much faith in the seth

I'm predicting the actual new star trek show will flop, and all the disappointed trekkies will flock en masse to watch "the orville". Partially out of protest, and perhaps partially because the atmosphere actually resembles star trek a bit.

tl;dr
It's probably going to be a success because star trek will flop.

He's made four amazing cartoon shows.
He took an obscure cheesy science show from the 70s and made it into something actually decent which taught laypersons real scientific facts about things like climate change.
He hosted the Academy Awards in one of the greatest performances of all time.
His live-action movies are severely underrated and get better with each one.

I just have a feeling that this is going to be something special.

Excellent prediction and canny positioning by Fox if it's on purpose.

Another sad Orville thread.

sad you

I really started to have a distaste for Macfarlane's sense of comedy, but the trailer looked pretty funny. I'm actually gonna give it my usual three episode check before dropping it. Unless one of those episodes is irredeemably shitty.

No, you will watch all three episodes. It's only fair. One bad episode is not enough to judge an entire series. Honestly, you should commit to five episodes but you must watch at least three.

>the trailer looked pretty funny
Don't worry, if you laughed during something that wasn't funny, you're going to own the whole box set and love it. I'm going to have to see nothing but shit memes as I open the Sup Forums catalog and see 15 different Orville threads.

>as I open the Sup Forums catalog and see 15 different Orville threads
Yeah, right. There are barely any threads about television shows anymore. Despite the constant whining for /film/, films produce 90% of the cancer on Sup Forums.

I wish there were a concentration board for film. It's literally called Sup Forums and there is almost no discussion of television shows here.

If the funniest bits are in the trailer, it's going to suck ass.

Trust me, the funniest bits AREN'T in the trailer. You're in for a real treat.

>bscure cheesy science show from the 70s

>The series was first broadcast by the Public Broadcasting Service in 1980, and was the most widely watched series in the history of American public television until The Civil War (1990).

>implying the civil war was in 1990

true

filming model

Should of went with animated but I don't know if they would get too many comparisons to Futurama

*should have
Also, no they shouldn't have. That's a stupid opinion, and you're stupid. Fuck you.

looks like horse shit and I hope it dies after one season

I've got a little hope this and discovery will bring back space opera on tv. It's just a little spark tho.

Fuck yeah. Star Trek is saved after Star Trek killed itself with the new shit

Do you have faith of the heart?

Finally. Some kino level quality

Why are there white (male)s in this?

terrible bait

why can't pol just stay in pol?

No interesting threads and constant raids from reddit.
Also I like startrek and stargate so I lurk here

Stale jokes even by 80's sitcom standards.

Mcfarlane can't even deliver them with an ounce of timing.

A recurring theme will be a love/hate relationship between Mcfarlane and Palicki as exes...

No, this will probably the the first cancellation of the fall season, shorty followed by CW's Dynasty reboot.

I thought about it for a while, and I am pumped for this. You can tell Seth is a big star trek fan and I can't wait for a literal parody of star trek to feel and be more iconic that the actual main series trash in Discovery.

Watching that garbage crash and burn will be glorious honestly, can't wait for the weekly orville threads while the star trek fans shitpost in it telling us "it isn't that bad".

>Dude, pls just say I'm a good memer!

I was being completely earnest, as I always do with every post I make. That's what I truly believe.

That's why I'll watch.

Seth is an actual Trek fan, so I will give it a chance.
Pilot makes it look more like what if the captain was an idiot than a full on parody

you do not actually believe that the new version of cosmos was anything other than complete dumbed-down trash.
It's bait and you got me twice

>complete dumbed-down trash

The original Cosmos was dumbed down. The show was always intended for children and red staters who don't have access to a proper education. Nobody with a high school diploma should be learning anything from it.

>canny positioning by Fox if it's on purpose.
There's no way they did this by accident.

CBS is taking a huge gamble by airing the first episode on TV and then banishing it to their proprietary "CBS Access" streaming service.
Fox stands an amazing chance to pick up millions of viewers who are interested in the Star Trek but not enough to pay for it

They're basically making a 'store brand' Star Trek for people who are too cheap/lazy to bother with the real one

Can we stop making meaningless posts about Cosmos and actually discuss The Orville? Seth is the star and creator, but did you know that Jon Favreau is also involved? Fall 2017 can't come soon enough. I'm laughing already and I haven't even heard one joke.

Store brand Trek is historically best Trek.

Here's hoping they actually get actors from TNG as cameos or reoccurring roles. Patrick Stewart as an asshole admiral would be good.

Pretty sure that specifically is going to happen.

he should be Seth's asshole father

Wtf I love Seth MacFarlane now?

That drunk driving joke at the end of the trailer got me hooked, because I've often watched Star Trek and wondered what it would be like to just chill on the bridge and get hammered.

He looks like an old Sears mannequin that a thrift store now uses

He looks pretty good, actually. 8/10. Plus he's successful and also has a brilliant mind.

Seth McFarlane? The creator of Family Goy? Count me in! I love LOL SO RANDUMB self referential humor and pop culture references. Can't wait for a nonstop stream of dank "LOL REMEMBER MCCOY FROM STAR TREK? I'M A DOCTOR NOT A BANANA XD" jokes.

I want to see the captain and first officer get into a domestic argument about something stupid while they're i the middle of a hopeless standoff with some dangerous aliens. I want to see various members of the alien ship get emotionally caught up in opposite sides of the couple's squabble, then start arguing amongst each other, either leading to the alien's total destruction, or at least giving the crew of the Orville a chance to escape.

I want to see this happen fairly often, as a running joke.

I'll be watching for this qtpie. This show is guaranteed to have hot alien chicks. Tranny Advocate Trek has nothing but boot-face Yeoh.

Why don't you shut your cunt mouth.

According to NatGeo, by 2050 we're all going to be weird looking beige hybrids. So farther into the future there should be no fucking white males

Go away, Seth. I'll watch your show, but I still think you weird looking.

>According to NatGeo

... Hillary was supposed to win

I'm not kidding about this, either. I really want them to go there.

It might also be funny if the feuding couple are so emotionally tied up in their personal squabbles that they don't even realize that their bickering is the thing that saves them, but the other members of the crew do.

It would be funny if the Orville crew would even occasionally purposely provoke arguments between the two when they think it might help their immediate situation.