DAMN RIGHT

DAMN RIGHT

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/25/pimp-my-ride-cars_n_6663840.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Finding out how much of this show was fake bummed me out a lot more than I thought it would.

>reality tv
>faked

who could've known

Care to explain?

Well it was sort of too good to be true and all of the people lived in the same neighborhood so it was rather suspicious. It was fun to watch though, the 2000s were so comfy and I'm glad I was a teen back then.

Not that user but I guess the people who got their cars pimped were just actors and those probably weren't even their real cars?

>MTV took the cars for more than 6 months without giving them a replacement car
>A lot of the silly stuff was removed right after the show was taped (like the popcorn machine in the trunk etc.)
>They did absolutely no technical reparations to the cars, in fact a lot of the cars broke down after a short time because of all the added extra weight from modifications
>A lot of the contestants had to film their reactions several times because they were "not enthusiastic enough"

huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/25/pimp-my-ride-cars_n_6663840.html

Absolutely disappointing.

It was kinda fun seeing just how silly they could get.

This show was weird because Xzibit is always a tough gangsta that tries to be scary everywhere. But in this show he's the broest of bros with every black, white, latino, asian guy or girl. He's chill as fuck, laughs, smiles and has a healthy sense of humor. Makes me wonder which one is the real him, the gangsta or the chill nice guy.

I loved the shit out of this show when I was 10. Sad stuff to hear

Oh that's not so bad to be honest, I thought you meant fake as in, they are all actors. I'm actually glad to see they were real people and not characters in a show, this is good news.

>That time when they put tv monitors on the wheels

They never did that lmao
...or did they?

i only remember them putting a 15 inch monitor on the underside of the car for a guy who was a mechanic so he can watch stuff while repairing the car

That's pretty clever desu

This one?

no wonder the cars fucking broke
>mechanics kept watching tv than fixing shit

>that episode where they put the literally deafening and window shattering speaker in the back

The fucking Jackhammer. Thats all they fucking gave him. I really wanted it to be real damnit

Why did it change from WCC to Gas? Did the owner of WCC get sick of their shit?

underage b&

is this the comfiest, most well-spirited and chill show ever made? just thinking about it makes me happy desu

In terms of reality shows go, probably. There was a show in the early 2000s called Backyard Blitz that was sort of similar where a group of tradies came into a person's home and completely renovated their backyard. Probably the closest I can think of because it was all good mates on the show helping out families I guess.

Contract disputes.

WCC wanted more money from MTV (as if they weren't already making a shitton of money from all the merchandise and young rich kids coming to them and wanting all the stupid mods they saw on TV) so MTV told them to fuck off and they went with Gas instead.

Then WCC got a show on another channel called Custom My Ride.

>we heard you like batman, so we killed your parents

bringing that 2008 humor back

THis show is comfy as well

Figured its appropriate when talking about a show thats almost 20 years old

Ride my Pimp

My Imp Pride

We heard you're a cuckold, so we put a plasma tv in the dashboard showing surveillance footage of your bedroom while your wife gets fucked by a bbc

same tbqh. still, it was nice.

Imagine showing your parents this post

It was an act.

>I hated MTV for trying to play me like a mockery
>But that don't bother me, I just fulfill my fucking contract
>Small price to pay just to take a piece of my back
>My back, backfire, assassination of my character
>Just to make some millions off of America

These guys got fired for making a suicide vest joke

What happened to MTV?

>it's a car gets 30 LCD screens on their car

Not for the poor bastards that have their hands shattered by Mike's earthquake handshake.

YO DAWG I HEARD U LIKE VIDEO GAMES SO I MOUNTED A PS3 TO YOUR WINDSHIELD

>lcd tv in the trunk

Sometimes I forget that Sup Forums still exists desu.

nigga that show first aired over a decade ago

>ps2 and tv in the trunk

Why did they do this? Are people gonna pullover and play some Madden real quick?

Who else used to watch this when the internet was down?

They wouldn't get past the Pony wallpaper and blaring K-pop.

I guess it's for house parties (if you go to some guy's house and he has no ps2), like if you park the car at the front lawn and get some outdoors chairs and play. And for the novelty of having a freaking tv in your trunk.
I didn't have internet until 2008 ;_;

>It's an Xzibit puts his shitty music in the person's car episode.

>Internet isn't your life yet
>get home for high school
>Put mtv on
>Sweet sixteen
>followed by MADE
>2 episodes of Pimp My Ride
>switch over to Discovery
>Mythbusters
>American Chopper

But how are you going to start your car afterwards? Or just keep the engine running the whole time?

>g-guys
>I have a GameCube hooked up to a flip phone screen in my cubby hole
> :^\

>cheap nig shows
>cheap nig internet

Remember that vegan girl or whatever, and they put a bunch of actual grass in her car that she could grow to eat?

damnit you are right

Yeah, and who took xzibit serious, even before the show?
Its obvious he's a tryhard.

Ice cube was literally the first and last gangster rapper.

>is
WAS, my dude.

Fuck that obnoxious faggot, I hope he goes bald soon.
How It's Made is the only good Discovery show.

didn't they put a pool table in a car at some point as well?

Fuck, just saw the news of Ed leaving, and he is the backbone of the show.
Hope he can make soothing similar, since the selling and the buying of the car was the worst part.

>Oy, we got a daunting profit of ten and seven royal pounds with two shillings of the Queen! And Edd only had to spend 236 hours fixing this good old piece of british bullshit built with a hammer by unionized workers! He'll be joyful as a party of men dressed as women! I could had got half a tenner more out of that poor rascal, but I didn't want to gut him!

yea, well the best part of the show was the car repair, everything else was filler

Monster Garage > Pimp My Ride

this, I loved Monster Garage

>Always hoping they built something shit so you could see an awesome destruction sequence

The point was never to make any real money, it was to show you that if you were a car guy and a tinkerer you could finance your own hobby.

SO YOU WANNA BE A PLAYER

BUT YOUR WHEELS AINT FINE

>Doing things for free
>Doing things for free for someone else
>Doing things for free for someone else that you cannot virtue signal

Was Edd a Janitor?

>Car gets filled with crappy 00's-quality 480i resolution LCD screens with poor viewing angles that can barely be seen in daylight

I thought it was cool when I was young, but now I look back at how retarded that is

RUDE! Don't malign Edd.

We had Pimp My Fahrrad on Mtv Germany, where they pimp bikes. In one episode they mounted a kebab machine and a tiny minaret for a muslim guy.
However Pimp My Toilet was unmatched

>We had Pimp My Fahrrad on Mtv Germany, where they pimp bikes. In one episode they mounted a kebab machine and a tiny minaret for a muslim guy.
Pfahahaha.

Used to watch this when I was 14 and my sister was 20..

She would pull her pyjama bottoms down and part her cheeks so I could see her arsehole and fart.

From that day I've always had a fart fetish. Then I'd go back to watching it.

Man, compared to some of you I am a complete normalfag.

My sister used to sit on my face when we were younger and I've had a fetish for it ever since
>tfw life changed forever by innocent childhood pranks