Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=puU-M3CDpEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XWU6XL9xI4k
archive.is/7eSsd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DON'T BRING ME DOOWWWNNN
BRUCE

And I fucked it up

Would you make an oath to protect your best friend for 1000 years?

My best friend and I parted ways 9 years ago because he refused to quit on drugs. I recently learned he died of an overdose 2 years ago.

No, but then I don't have an expected lifespan of thousands of years like the Doctor, I've only got a few decades. And I'd make an oath to protect my best friend for a few years.

>i'm going to protect a village... for 1000 years
>dramatic music
>i'm going to kick a wall for... 4 billion years
>dramatic music
>i'm going to defend a friend... for thousand years
>dramatic music

come on

youtube.com/watch?v=puU-M3CDpEQ

More samey "I'm le Doctor I will stuhp u!!" dialogue.

When shit hit the fan, is you still a fan?

It's better in this case because we know for a fact he's weakened and they are probably going to BTFO him.

>putting the subject in the name field
This isn't searchable in the catalog.

see This is shit, please delete and try again.

p.s. we weren't even at bump limit.

The point of the scene is the monk's response.

I did say I fucked up literally two posts in

Stupid OP fucked up.

>moffat literally copied his own plot

I assume what's going to happen is that the Monks manipulate all the major world powers on Earth into some kind of nuclear standoff, and then make themselves out to be the heroes saving everybody (i.e. we literally beg them to help us.

first for shitty posters

You don't absolve yourself of fucking up the new thread, matey, that's our job.

>2.3 million overnight viewers

Wow.

Oh fuck off virgin

it's 4.16 overnight viewers though

source?

I watch the movie Dalek from the 60s, I wanted to know Peter Cushing's cannon's TV show, and there was the overall fit with Canon.

Is this from a TV program that is completely independent or has some sort of match?

>doctor promises that amy and rory will be fine
>they get sent back in time permanently next episode
>brian never sees them again
>doctor never tells him anything

>Extremis 4.16m
I didn't actually believe you but I was worried for a second.
Slight increase from Oxygen.

Honestly I cant wait for Moffat to leave
I really WANT him go now. I didn't hate Extremis, I just didn't care enough.

The Peter Cushing films are an alternative interpretation of Doctor Who that aren't officially recognised as part of the same universe.

There's a video somewhere of a deleted scene or some extra where it shows Amy and Rory's son grown up delivering a letter to him in the present to explain what happened, sorta like in Blink.

>Doctor never tells him anything
youtube.com/watch?v=XWU6XL9xI4k

The TV show came first. The two movies are direct adaptations of two of the early serials, and are usually not considered "canon" by most fans.

However, Doctor Who doesn't really have a canon, its continuity is full of contradictions, and the format allows for all kinds of crazy stuff to happen. So there are a few people—including Peter Cushing himself—who find ways to accept them as part of the same story. And more power to them.

But that's not from the Doctor, so he's not wrong.

It's not Doctor telling him anything though

Yes, I think it's true, but would like to know how to integrate them together to prevent the expansion of the universe from being something.

What Cushing say?

I forgot this wasn't the Doctor.
still though

I found the prettiest Monk!

>What Cushing say?

>Well I’ll tell you something I thought once. I just said I didn’t watch TV, but one of the few episodes of the ‘Dr. Who’ series that I saw was one that involved a kind of mystical clown, and I realised that perhaps he kidnapped Dr Who and wiped his memory and made him relive some of his earlier adventures. When Bill Hartnell turned into Patrick Troughton, and changed his appearance, that idea seemed more likely. I think that’s what happened, so I think those films we did fit perfectly well into the TV series. That would not have been the case had I taken the role in the TV series.

yes it is

Thank.

I just caught up with the latest episode and lost that reaction. What is the general consensus?

I really can not appreciate Joe's graduation addition to its original intro. Is she in the vault Almost now ok?

On the whole is not so bad, but there is little meaningless to run around. CGI numbers are terribly disappearing.

All 500 of us?

No sir.

All 507.

>I really can not appreciate Joe's graduation addition to its original intro.
what

Some of the other ways to integrate them:

>The Cushing character is the First Doctor from an alternate universe. This answer made it into a short story, and a recent comic strip, so it's as close to "canonical" as you're going to get.

>The Cushing movies are movies in-universe, based on stories by Barbara Wright, one of the companions who lived through the "real" versions. This one almost made it into the TV show during the 50th anniversary, but was cut because of rights issues for the posters.

>The Cushing character is a creation of the Land of Fiction (from the TV story The Mind Robber), based on the Doctor. This one was popular with some 80s fan-fiction writers who later became professional writers for the franchise, but none of them ever put it into their official stories.

>The Cushing movies are a dream that a later Doctor had while recovering his memories after amnesia. This one almost made it into a comic story, but it was canceled because another writer used a similar idea to explain the 1960s comic strips.

It's not, my dude.

No it isn't

didn't the radio times series 10 guide have an image of the doctor and bill next to the number 507?

maybe it's a 4chanX thing

>American Amazon gets new episodes in crystal clear 1080p
>BBC iPlayer only gets 720p with low bitrate and horrible colour banding

What's going on?

My best guess is that the monks will make it impossible for any human being to lie, and the humans decide that this is for the best. Probably wrong, but it sounds like something I'd wanna see.

iPlayer is free and being raped by foreign VPNs constantly

Amazon pays a record-breaking amount, which is BBC Studios' only financial success so far (even though it happened before the BBC Studios spinoff).

BBC iPlayer gets the episodes for free, as a condition of BBC Studio getting a piece of the licence fee. They get no money for additional views, and actually lose money for every viewer who's using a VPN or proxy.

I wonder if it is in any way related to the simulations.

get a better browser?

That would just be Trenzalore though.

>I'm going to guard my girlfriend who is perfectly safe in a safe
>For TWO thousand years
>Dramatic music

It's not a matter of what browser you're using m8, is probably right.

I wonder if just maybe that's a 4cuckX feature.
4cuckX being the extension that not everyone uses.

why does this make me kek so heartily

Post top 10 Capaldos so far
10. Under the Lake/Before the Flood
9. Listen
8. The Zygon Invasion/The Zygon Inversion
7. The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar
6. Extremis
5. The Husbands of River Song
4. Oxygen
3. Mummy on the Orient Express
2. Flatline
1. Heaven Sent

What are they doing to based Chris?

Yeah, but interesting

What story is this from?

I thought everyone who's regulary here was using at least some kind of mod/extension/addon/script to make things easier here

Belle x Eccleston. New ship

Other chronological user here

Watching Timelash

What the fuck

What the hell has happened to The Leftovers?

last season, everyone does what they want

Threadwatcher and auto/top filters are all I need to get me through.

Night Terrors

>What the fuck
Yeah, pretty much.

I actually had a question about that story, but didn't want to rewatch it to find the answer. Maybe you can tell me.

There's a line where they're surprised that the Doctor only has one companion this time. When they show the locket and stuff, is there anything that implies that 3 was traveling with someone else along with Jo? Or is that line just something Saward forgot to edit out when he changed it from 1/Barbara/Ian/Vicki to 3/Jo at the last second?

the peg peppol one

>to make things easier here
This. Hidding all the tripsfags

From what I've seen/heard it looks really really fucking different to season 1, which I kind of enjoyed but it was a bit dry in places.

Is it really ending after only 3 seasons?

I was wondering that as I watched it. Yeah, the Doctor mentions he's "travelling lightly" this time, even though he only had one companion with him in his first visit. Must be a mistake, there's no explanation as far a step I can see.

taking my trip off to said -> fuck offeriones

You don't need Sup Forums X for that.
>tfw user won't see this post

yes, it will end in 2 weeks

Meant for

*As far as I can see

Bloody autocorrect

Reminder that 10 days till DWM with previews of 8, 9, 10 and 11

The 'BBC account' logon thing is an obvious precursor to the iPlayer requiring a license fee code.

Should have happened years ago.

Normally I hate people who bring up all the stupid little things a story gets wrong like this, but with Timelash, pretty much all I remember is all the stupid stuff it gets wrong, and that the novelisation tries to fix everything it gets wrong but doesn't actually fix anything.

Power Rankings

The Pilot
-----power gap------
Extremis
Oxygen
Knock Knock
Thin Ice
Smile

Lads, lads, lads

Where is the best place to watch classic /who/?

I want to jump on from either Spearhead from Space or Robots.

Dailymotion is ok but some of the episodes aren't on there. Vast bits of late Tom aren't there, but there's a lot of Pertwee on there. Try the stream every now and then, but they don't do chronological stories and randomly pick stories to watch.

1) community on vk.com called Doctor Who the classic series
2) there is a google drive archive with every episode ever

>not starting at the beginning
top pleb
archive.is/7eSsd

They couldn't do that until last year because they accidentally wrote contradictory laws about how the licence fee applies to streaming.

But at this point, it won't help anything. All it'll do is make even more people download or stream the shows from a pirate site instead of from iPlayer.

Also, who has any incentive to make it improve, or any financial leverage even if they had that incentive?

1. Heaven Sent
2. Listen
3. The Zyggity Shiggity Doo Dah
4. Mummy on the Orient Express
5. Extremis
6. The Alchemist's Pupils
7. Dark Water
8. Oxygen
9. The Husbands of River Song
10. Last Christmas

Timelash, for all its problems, is a nice paean to Arthur Conan Doyle. Or it would have been, if the writer didn't confuse Doyle and H.G. Wells.

THE FUCK?!

What was that ending to Timelash?! How the fuck did he survive?

timelash is fun, delet this

You mean how Megelen shows up in the council after we saw him killed? Doesn't he explain something like "Ha ha, I faked my death, that was a clone of mine that you killed"? It's been a while since I saw it.

1. Heaven Sent
2. Listen
3. Dark Water
4. Extremis
5. The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar
6. Mummy on the Orient Express
7. Deep Breath
8. Death in Heaven
9. The Husbands of River Song
10. Into the Dalek

Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant the Doctor (and Herbert), they were last seen in the TARDIS as a missile collided with it. Then it turns out they survived and all the Doctor says is "I'll explain one day"

Can someone spy on this thread and tell me what is currently happening in it, as I don't wish to wade in myself

If I ever became DW showrunner I would bring back the based Krillitane.

Why are you curious? Even if this weren't Sup Forums, is there any conversation that could start from that post besides 10 Sup Forumstards and 3 SJWs, or vice-versa, yelling at each other about stuff that isn't even in the episode?