This show feels really cheap and trashy. And the guy who plays Shadow is a very mediocre actor

This show feels really cheap and trashy. And the guy who plays Shadow is a very mediocre actor.

Thanks for your invaluable input. Hope you're no more forced to endure viewing American Gods.

Just finished episode 4 which was a complete waste of time. Don't want to spoil it tho

So they are going for a faithful adaptation?

fuck you

every moment of it is kino

How does it feels cheap? Like it or not, it's well made, except for that dogshit sky opening up in ep 3

>the guy who plays Shadow is a very mediocre actor
A black man can't act, Who'd have thought

Sure, an entire episode telling us shit we already knew and ending at the same exact moment as the last episode was "kino", faggot

Le show full frontal male nudity but can't even see Zombie tits.

The special effects look bad, and the cinematography doesn't seem inspired.

yes, pretty much every event from novel was in the tv show as well

Literally what does race have to do with anything

And mediocrity doesn't equal can't act.

So it's a complete filler?
Watching now, holy shit, they retconned Shadow and Laura personalities.

Males have the privilege of walking around without shirts on whenever they want. Why do you "need" to see female breasts?

After this episode, I'm giving up. Downhill fast.

Shitty writing.

Cuz them tit tays

Tel me more about my privilege. It's good to be reminded of them.

I was on board until episode 3 had like 15 minutes of gay buttsex in graphic detail. Jesus christ it didn't even advance the plot, there was no need for it at all. It was just gratuitous 'look how gay we are' buttfucking that went on WAYYYYYY too long.

Can someone explain to me how can they show massive muslin cocks, all kind of gore, but cant show zombie tits? Dafak

Ok, you can go back to the "non trashy and non cheap" show like TWD and GoT.

>it's a waifu get blacked episode

You didn't know anything about Laura, stop with these lies.

Its not even about race, he is not leading man material. He just looks like a dumb meathead lacky

It wasn't gratuitous, that was an important plot point for those characters.

I don't see you complaining about Bilquis, tho? Why is that?

he gets cucked and his zombie wife saves him from getting lynched, hes literally cuck in the show

>Just finished episode 4 which was a complete waste of time. Don't want to spoil it tho

Please, tell me there's another 5 minute gay sex sequence!

Amazing episode, great acting, visuals and writing. I need some good webms.

>tv Laura is such a massive cunt, she even managed to piss off Anubis

Odin is the biggest cunt here. He and Loki provoked all that shit to get Shadow.

>episode 1
alright that was a little weird but i'm still interested
>episode2
mmmh that was a little heavy handed on the racial commentary there bud, still interesting
>episode 3
i have become the gays

>the guy who plays Shadow is a very mediocre actor.

The guy from Hollyoaks? Who'da thunk it

>episode 4
be a massive slut and get rewarded with second chance after insulting Anubis

wouldnt know i dropped out at 3 after i became gay and contracted hiv

>worked as intended

That was a second chance to fix her shit up and pay what she did to Shadow, not to go back to her life.

She's dying slowly, you know?

>I don't know how sex and STDs works
Sup Forums - Television & Film

Like some of Fuller's previous shows, mainly Hannibal and Pushing Daisies.

Always felt he would do so much better on cable than on network.

Happy when he lands a cable show, story sounds interesting.

Watch first three episodes, they are increasingly shitty, only saving grace are the always great Ian McShane and Gillian Anderson, but that's not enough to endure this slow boring melodrama with zero-dimensional characters.

If Twin Peaks also sucks I will cry myself to sleep.

Word of advice? Contemplate suicide.

I'm not trolling here, if you lost the capacity of enjoying beautiful, well done things then what's the point of being alive?

>episode 4

Dane cook is literally a better actor then comic.... take that for what it's worth

I hate how he acts like a nu-male SJW in the BTS clips they show at the end. I've stopped watching those.

>I'm not trolling here, if you lost the capacity of enjoying beautiful, well done things then what's the point of being alive?

Beautiful, well done ?

Are you retarded, if all I wanted was some nice shots, I could just watch some fucking art film, I want characters that I at the very least find interesting, better yet, someone I can relate to, a story that manages to keep me awake during the 45 minutes it's running.

This is boring as shit, no wonder the ratings are dropping.

Both Hannibal and Pushing Daisies were beautifully shot, but they were also interesting stories and had interesting characters (with the exception of the beginning of Hannibal's last season where Fuller decided that long slow shots of snails were somehow 'quality' entertainment, something he sadly seems to have carried with him to American Gods).

Watched it. Surprisingly, only last twenty or so minutes are good.

Why watch an art film when you can watch an art series? Both style and substance.

Like I said, if you don't find joy in a beautiful thing, just go away. Don't come here crying and writing walls of bullshit just because you don't know how to enjoy quality anymore.

>Expecting /tvpol/ to enjoy a show that doesn't have XPLOSIONS! and doesn't spoon fed the lazyfags with explanations and exposition

Yeah, no.

I don't like those shows either but this show is definately worse due to all the pointless, drawn out scenes. The cinematography is also ass and it renders the visual style of the show pointless.

I agree the show looks like shit, but the actor who plays Shadow is decent. He is Wednesday's henchman, he acts like a clueless meathead criminal because that is what he is.

Now I have a questions for those who have read the book. Are the scenes about the other entities (african goddess, arab demon, Anubis, etc) really necessary to Shadow and Wednesday's plot or it's there just because?

>american tv show
>has a interracial gay sex scene in it

america really is the Great Satan

>Why watch an art film when you can watch an art series?

Because I don't want to watch what is nothing but a series of well styled shots.

>Both style and substance.

No, American Gods is style and no substance.

>all these cucks complaining about world-building
get the fuck out

It's edgy to have a nigger eat people with her pussy. Also the gay sand nigger... Another waste of plot time.

Really? It's there just because?
What about the african spider god? Is he useful?

>all these cucks complaining about world-building

two sand niggers sodomizing for 5 minutes is the only thing that happens in an episode

>world-building!

Once scene with African goddess should be enough. Djinn and Anubis scenes are completely unnecessary if you judge it by the book. Maybe tv show will be different, but for now I'm feeling like it was waste of screentime.

They aren't necessary for shadows storyline,mbut they are needed to understand other aspects of the book

>but they are needed to understand other aspects of the book
Like?

I had such hopes for this show. It tries to be clever and different but fails miserably and just looks shit as a result. Also I agree with OP guy playing Shadow Moon should play a moon rock instead because that's as much range as he has.

These are complaints from someone who expects too much from a TV show.

If you just look at other shows like it, like Buffy, Supernatural, Ash vs. Evil Dead and so on, you'll find that American Gods is in the upper tier of it's genre.

The way the old gods survive, how they arrived in America, what the threat is of the new gods. The whole plot is about the new gods vs the old, and so seeing why there is a conflict matters

I liked this episode because there wasn't a bunch of African pussy eating or retarded spiders. Dane Cooke killed it in and out the bed room if you know what I'm saying.

Hang dong bruthuh.

>no mcshame episode

they can't afford many more of these

Honestly this was the best episode so far. Every other episode has been way too busy both visually and especially in sound design. This episode was more subdued in those elements, while being better at character development too. It was the first episode which didn't feel like it was trying way too hard.

Thank you very much.

Reminder that the shows creator is literally named 'Neil Gayman'

>tv fantasy adaption
What were you expecting?

is there anyone here who didn't read the books and didn't instantly understand what was going on and what the plot of the series was from the opening scenes with the vikings?

show seems very simplistic to me, old gods, new gods, power gained from being recognized and / or worshiped, basically tulpa's

>is there anyone here who didn't read the books and didn't instantly understand what was going on and what the plot of the series was from the opening scenes with the vikings?

A guy at work didn't figure out that Wednesday was Odin. Thought he was Satan at first though that is somewhat understandable.

>This show feels really cheap and trashy.

This. It's trying to ape the imagery of Hannibal, but it's so childish it just comes across as stupid. And it doesn't feel epic. It feels low budget and small.

There are some more subtleties to it than that. Have you read the book? Odin's whole plan isn't just about getting more people to believe. Also, there are compelxitites eg with the Gods back in Europe (the Odin he meets in Iceland)

I'm not the guy you're replying and I have not read the book.
Is Wednesday trying to bring the Ragnarök? If that is his plan, I'll drop the show because it's ridiculous.

It's more like the Æsir–Vanir War

The New Gods want to destroy the Old Gods (Odin, Anubis, etc), or at least those not powerful enough because nobody cares about them anymore. Odin knows this and is gattering some old Gods to have a last stand.

As a complete piece, probably my favorite so far. Other episodes had better individual scenes, but this felt less disjointed.

Less needless preciosity in directing. Lets the acting do its job.

Yeah god forbid there's some actual discussion about film and television on this board. Keep on being a retard

Thank you very much.

>Males have the privilege
trigger tornado

theres an extended cucking montage

specifically forces them both to be muslim men, just for the extra little bit of sodom.

>important plot point

Oh okay, I totally see how having explicit butt fucking is an important plot point. It's not like that same shit could not have been expressed with some waist up fucking, or hell even just some tender looks where it's implied they fuck. Nope, had to be 15 minutes of gay sex with full on dong shots.
Also if Bilquis is the nig bitch who eats people with her pussy she's a literal sex god and the sex was STILL less explicitly shown than the two muslim fags railing each other. I haven't seen any vag.