youtube.com/watch?v=Azf320JDdqU
youtube.com/watch?v=sRTdzGtu3yA
youtube.com/watch?v=d-J6cJljOiI
youtube.com/watch?v=rks2_ctHuDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NIPVyH5ABww
youtube.com/watch?v=d1_Rww70fWE
youtube.com/watch?v=vxR-oKkwJLI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah. Somehow I think Seth McFarlane has confused DTs with a psychedelic trip. Although I DO love how Meg stands up for herself and tells everybody what's wrong with them.

Yeah, but I will have to say I liked that FG sequence more than anything they've done in almost a decade.

To be fair an accurate trip probably wouldn't be as interesting to draw.

This

Video one is about 75% faithful to my last experience with shroomies.

Actually scratch that, video one is more like Salvia

and then accepts her role as the house bitch and tells everyone she was wrong so they can shit on her constantly like before?

Care to elaborate on your experience, user? Sounds interesting.

To be fair, at that point in the show's history Seth was just in it to voice and collect his producer money. I wouldn't be surprised if he uses a fair amount of different drugs. He definitely smokes weed.

>character smokes weed
>"AAAAAAAAAAAA CRAZY SHIT IS HAPPENING MAN OH MY FUCKING JESUS I'M HALLUCINATING I'M LOSING MY MIND

where does this even come from?

The scene where Peter is being roasted to death is the only time I've ever been discomforted by Family Guy gore.

People think all drugs do the same thing

DUDE

Why do people assume Seth still has any involvement with the show other than voice acting?

Reefer Madness
OR
They care about making wacky drugtrips rather than just watching a guy just be pretty calm.

To be fair, a lot of people do admit themselves to hospital after trying weed for the first time and thinking that they might be dying.

Obviously, they're not in any danger but weed can be quite psychadelic (though not usually visual).

The thing with weed is that it's usually either really undersold as being something that makes you a little more relaxed or totally oversold like it's fucking acid.

SETH ROGEN LMAO

I think it's more of joke about shit like reefer madness and all that.

>Homer's comment about blowing smoke in the President's "stupid monkey face"

That just sounds racist if you don't know which President he's talking about.

youtube.com/watch?v=Azf320JDdqU

Nixon era propaganga that tried to make it seem like its as intense as LSD.
Which by all accounts is not as insane as the media would have you believe.
I've never tried it, but I'm sure you don't enter another dimension.

As someone who's tried both weed and some psychedelics, I'd say that they're both less crazy and more crazy than most media puts forward.

Psychedelics especially are less visual and hallucinatory than they're portrayed, but I understand why films and tv shows portray them like that; it's difficult to visually show how profoundly they alter one's state of mind during the trip.

I always tend to give Simpsons some slack, they're playing off of pop culture expectations, so there's an obligatory psychedelic episode.

In most of the clip Homer just has a reason to act all huge and obnoxious and weed is just an outlet for that.

I can't speak for anything else though. I've had people describe shrooms, salvia, DT and other things as either mellow or intense trips. I've only done something psychoactive once, and I can only remember feeling nauseous and getting sick while watching Fear and Loathing (but then again we'd gotten piss drunk and high before doing them).

>It's a 'writers lie about the benefits of weed' episode

>It's a "main character learns the evils of marijuana" episode

>getting drunk before doing psychadelics

for what purpose user

I smoke weed but yeah, Family Guy gets obnoxious with how much it rides weed sometimes.

Especially seeing as those episodes still lean on stoner stereotypes.

what were the lies

>People think weed is 100% harmless

If I were to smoke weed, I would literally go insane because it has been documented to clash horribly with the medication I take. I know from personal experience.

>have done lad and acid
>it's not even close to as bad as the one time I had sleep paralysis

Seriously, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Well obviously.

People take acid because they know that it's common to have a good time on it.

I've never heard of someone enjoying sleep paralysis.

>for what purpose
it's called being cross-faded

I'll admit I can't fucking stand Seth Rogen/Judd Apatow and Seth MacFarlane's depictions of weed.

The remade Refer Madness is ironic, so that's okay, but those guys are playing in to this stoner bro attitude which is two degrees greater than insufferable.

No, in our case it was just being stupid.

Loved how King of the Hill subverted that with Hank freaking out after he accidentally took a puff of marijuana.

Could you even draw it at all?

You could, but the thing is most of the visual elements of normal doses of acid/mushrooms are already used for weed.

Really, a good rule of thumb is that films/tv shows treat weed like acid and acid like DMT.

This is the only accurate portrayal of drug use I've seen in animation.

youtube.com/watch?v=sRTdzGtu3yA

>Dude what kind of drugs where they smoking when they created this!?!? XDD
it's kind of sad people think you need any sort of drug to come up with insane things.
I blame all the ritalin children

A lot of the type it's dramatized for the audience.

The only thing that they got right in that Family Guy clips was the beginning of his trip where he's coming on and he's looking down at his hands. Otherwise, yeah.

That scene in the Hellscape was kind of cool, though.

A lot of the time*

I assume cartoons just want an excuse to go crazy rather than promote misinformation.

I've never done drugs. Are there any actually accurate depictions in cartoons or comics?

That might have been the most visually interesting thing in Family Guy history.

youtube.com/watch?v=d-J6cJljOiI

DUDE U WOULDNT NEED THE MEDICATION IF U TOKED UP

DUDE BIG PHRAMA DUDE THEIR EVIL DUDE WEED IS FROM THE EARTH ITS LEGAL NOW DUDE

When you were a teenager did you ever give a friend non-alcoholic beer without telling them, and they start faking being drunk really bad?

People do that same shit with pot.

Shit, there was some retarded reporter who tried pot browning for the first time like a year ago, and ended up calling an ambulance because she thought she was going to die.

What medication do you take, my dude?

I'm very pro-legalization (for more than just weed) but I think that people really need educating on these substances before they take them so they can make informed decisions.

>its a Seth McFarlane jacks himself off episode

youtube.com/watch?v=rks2_ctHuDQ

The ending is a referral to stoner comedy movies that end in a wacky and surreal manner. But most of the drug trip part is pretty accurate.

Why do stoners claim that weed makes you chill when stoners that are short on it are some of the most irritable and insufferable people around?

Same happens with "ecstasy" pills that end up basically being sugar pills (if they are lucky).

>Are there any actually accurate depictions in cartoons or comics?

It's not explicit, but when they're just hanging around Mordecai and Rigby from Regular Show are basically just stoners.

It does, but you're probably talking to people who make their entire identity about weed.

A lot of people who you would have never thought smoked weed probably do, user.

To be fair, a lot of drugs are shown to increase creativity.

At the same time, it is a shit mentality to assume that anything beyond the mainstream necessitates drug use. Some people are just imaginative.

I've never done drugs, but I've experienced Sleep Paralysis and Lucid Nightmares. I had the latter pretty frequently as a kid.

>It's a "character loses his mom and best friend to drugs" episode

we've all been there my friend

>its a "sleep deprivation causes extreme psychedelic effects" episode

>It's an 'candy as a metaphor for alcohol episode'
to be honest this is probably the most accurate depiction of drunkenness I've seen in a cartoon

youtube.com/watch?v=NIPVyH5ABww

The trails and the odd spiraling shapes maybe. The sudden awareness that your perception of the world, and fundamental sense of self are physical in nature, and can be altered by a simple chemical in a way that is fundamentally incompatible with your previously understood sense of self, maybe not.

I'M JAZZED UP, IT'S AN EFFECT OF THE MARIJUANA POISONING

Like that Captain Planet episode.

>Writers make he characters have an insane bad trip because lol drugs plot
>Addicts get butthurt about the realism in cartoons and stories not being accurate about which drugs do what, despite the fact that 98% of the people in the audience don't actually give a shit

>>it's a "shitter is 3 hours too late" post

It actually does cause hallucinations, but not until you've been up for like two days straight.

Both bush and Obama are drawn looking like monkeys. I'm sad that this trend probably won't continue with Hillary or Trump. Bernie maybe.

I can't say I've ever had hallucinations, but surely "up for 60 hours" hallucinations are pretty mild, right? So it'd be less 'everything is a lava lamp' and more 'i swear I just saw something'?

You don't need drugs to be creative or have a good time.

But they really help a lot

Why are his mom and best friend doing drugs together?

OK, but the "What were they on?" thing is almost never serious...

>it's a "meaningless ad hominem that wouldn't make any damn sense even if it were somehow valid as a retort" post
I'm not even the guy you replied to, but that's an incredibly fucking pathetic thing to say.

I was up for two days once and I started seing red everywhere. The main things I remember were a red Dr Seuss-like tree that I couldn't figure out if it was real or not since it was the first thing I hallucinated, and also this tile floor that had previously been grey now had a fuckton of red speckles all over it.

I'm glad my phone now knows how to correctly spell fuckton.

>red speckles
I see those after extensive periods of being awake too.

>>getting drunk before doing psychadelics
>for what purpose user
The best drug combination is getting wasted, dropping a tab of acid, waiting for it to kick in, smoking a bunch of weed, drinking more and then doing cocaine. At least in my opinion. You feel amazing but aren't that fucked up in comparison to candy flipping or even just getting really really drunk

It's a lame joke, anyway.

Alright. Is there any cartoon where you see the effects of a mushroom intake for a berserker?

i remember getting a contact high from a christmas party and i was giggling my ass off while playing gtav during this part
youtube.com/watch?v=d1_Rww70fWE

I was awake for a couple days without any sleep and I mostly just got really agitated and alert, and I'd see movement out of the corner of my eyes or imaginary shadows in my peripheral vision.

too much of anything is bad, that bag is extremley expensive and has consequences if found by anyone opposed to it.

Also you can smoke it all you want but it will eventually get the better of you, its a risk like everything.

I've stayed up for over seventy hours a couple times and the auditory hallucinations are the worst part.

Average americans only have two drugs in mind: cocaine and company.

If drug addicts learned how to lucid dream they'd replace drugs with lucid dreams. They'd still be addicts, though.

>Smoke weed with college roommate
>Wind up watching some Marvel movies and ordering pizza
Pretty normal stuff

>Friend gets 'drunk' at a party
>Claims to be seeing purple elephants
That's when we found out he'd never had alcohol before, and further that he was afraid to drink anymore than a sip of beer.

You need to stop being so mad.

It was still on the front page
At least someone responded

I'm from Washington so I feel safe in saying that in all my experiences with pot the most extreme feeling I've gotten is really sleepy.

I get more mental alteration with two shots of whiskey, because at least that makes you respond different emotionally.

Trump looks like an Orangutan, Hillary looks like a Japanese macaque, and for Bernie...if you want Jew joke I could say Proboscis Monkey, but he actually looks like a Crab-eating macaque.

Wait, what's eating muh cock?

Don't try to kid me mancub.
I made a deal with you, and what I desire is to build that wall higher to make my dream come true.

>watching Bill Maher

Found the faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=vxR-oKkwJLI

Because the average Sup Forumstard would rather complain about shit they don't know dick about than actually do 5 minutes of research.

Drugs are however correlated with some of the most creative people in history

Fucking had a guy like this in college who kept harassing me with all that bullshit. I take antidepressants, so he would go on and on about the virtues of marijuanna. Explained to him I didn't like weed because it made me more anxious and even triggered a panic attack. "Nah, user, you just need to try my shit."
Glad he wasn't in my next semester

Man, I just giggle a lot, space out, and get sleepy when I smoke weed.

I'd like to try shrooms though.

As someone who's never tried any drugs outside of hard liquor, I have to ask what weed makes you feel like?

I've heard some people say it feels just like getting drunk, it makes you sleepy, or it makes you very alert.

Are lucid nightmares when you scream yourself awake? Because I've done that.

Yeah but all those famous writers and artists used cocaine or LSD, that's a little more advanced than smoking a joint.

There's two different strains.

Indica has more of a lazy don't wanna do anything feel.

Sativa will make you giggle at the dumbest shit.

I'M TOO HIGH TO DRIVE

>sleep paralysis
Fuck I hate that shit, claustrophobia personified. Only had it 3-4 times in my life, once because I took valeran(I think that's how it's spelled?) to go to sleep, some over-the-counter muscle relaxant.
First time was the strongest effect of course, a few hours in I woke up paralized, and if my nightmare-side had a sense of humor there'd have been [menacing] kanji floating from near my closet since it seemed like there was something vaguely there. I snapped into lucidity, snapped my eyes shut, and tried to make it a good experience. Almost got dream-laid, couldn't focus hard enough to "render" anything stable, woke up and chuckled that I went from terrified to trying to have dream sex in like 20 seconds.
>lucid nightmares
A nightmare you're aware you're in?
I assume you lack control though.
Jesus Christ, that's terrifying. Is their a reason you got them so much?

Paranoia opens many doors, user. And sleep deprivation gives no small rations of paranoia after a while. Especially once you start seeing shit scurry away in your periferal vision. Fucking subconscious.

Is that the Telvanni mushroom city from Morrowind?